It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

breaking news on cnn: iran behind karbala attack?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
just saw on cnn a few minutes ago [5:15 pm arizona time] a breaking news segment, cnn says they got a report that the US believes theres a strong possibilty that either Iran or Iranian trained iraqis carried out the attack in Karbala that resulted in 1 US soldier killed and 4 kidnapped and later executed. I cannot yet find anything on the CNN website about this as it is such a new report so i cannot yet offer a link to the story but im sure there will be very soon. From what CNN cited from the report, the US military believes that due to the sophistication of the Karbala attack that is what is beyond the means of the regular insurgents and very possibly carried out with help from Iran or even from Iranians themselves.

So I ask, am I the only one that saw this coming? I knew it was only a matter of time before this attack was attributed to the Iranians. I believe theres 3 possibilities here.
1: it was the iraqi insurgents. they have pulled off sophisticated attacks before like the suicide bombing on a marine mess hall that killed over 20 marines a few years ago. and the iraqi soldiers guarding the facility in karbala could have been involved too
2: it was the iranians. lets face it, they spoke english, had GMC trucks, american military uniforms apparently they had connections that are more likely for foreign agents to have.
3: gulf of tonkin type scenario to draw us into a war with iran. perhaps the attackers in karbala were CIA agents? there have been reports that one of the attackers had blonde hair, well i dont think ANY iraqi or iranian has blonde hair. could have been a US government operation that could be blamed on the iranians so Bush finally has the real excuse he wants to attack iran.

the writing is on the wall people. does anyone think an attack on iran isnt almost a given now?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
still nothing on the CNN website, but heres the original story about the Karbala attack in case anyone doesnt know what im talking about
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Gulf of Tonkin ready? We'll see in the next few hours/days.... by the end of the week probably.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i know this has been a big rumor ever since the attack but i felt the need to post because i saw it on CNN so it gets a little more legitimacy

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Bush is getting ready to attack Iran, nothing more and nothing less.

He already say that he doesn't need congress to make the decisios as the comander in chief.

So pretty much he say that the constitution give him his powers.

He has been making all kind of links to Iran with the purpose of finding ways to start his next saga in the war happy path of his career.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
the thing that always got me and it seems like no one ever talks about is the part of bushs speech about the troop surge when he said he was sending patriot missiles to the area. if that wasnt saying we are gonna attack iran i dont know what would. what other possible reason could we need patriots for except to shoot down iranian scuds? and why would iran fire scuds? in retaliation for an attack thats why! that part of bushs speech made me extremely nervous and no one is talking about it! i know the patriots will be sent to iraq to guards american bases and the green zone. and maybe more will be sent to israel.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Gulf of Tonkin? Nah . . . troop build up, second carrier, anti-missle defense, you people are paranoid!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
you forgot rounding up iranians, Bush giving permission to kill iranians, "more and more evidence of iranian involvement in making IEDS" lol

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by charliegrs
Bush giving permission to kill iranians, "more and more evidence of iranian involvement in making IEDS" lol

One problem . . . the death can not talk. . .

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Its reported that there were four suspects detained. Are they Iranian? Are they talking? Dunno yet.

They snagged a laptop during the raid. What purpose could that serve?

Here's a couple more articles that seem to have a lot of detail about the attack.

Almost forgot to add that the Multi-National Corps press release concerning the attack said something interesting.

“A meeting was taking place at the time of the attack to ensure the security of Shiite pilgrims participating in the Ashura commemorations.”

[edit on 1/30/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

NBC NEWS confirms a secret U.S. military report that says 'Iranian Agents' may be behind a deadly ambush in Karbala, Iraq that left five American soldiers dead. The report also claims the Iranian revolutionary guard is providing intelligence on U.S. and Iraqi military to Shiite extremists, in addition to sophisticated weaponry. Developing...

This was recently published on Drudge. If true, it paints a grim picture.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"One problem . . . the death can not talk." . .

I agree.
The dead are gonna be whatever this administration says they are.
This will be just another excuse to start a war with Iran.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Its up on CNN.com now

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Anyone else think the entire attack might have been set up by the US administration in order to bolster hatred toward Iran? Not just blaming them, but actually doing it, killing fellow Americans, then blaming Iran. American uniforms, spoke very good english, well planned??? Sounds like an inside job to me. After 9/11, which I don't think was a complete inside job, but was "allowed" to happen, this wouldn't be a far streach to think Dick and the boys would do this to try to convince the world that Iran is bad, they must be taken out.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The DEAD can't talk!!!

Thats so greatt!!!

Irians need to stop screwing around or face the wrath of the military

Or just have Israel drop Tatical nukes on there areas!!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Anyone else think the entire attack might have been set up by the US administration in order to bolster hatred toward Iran? Not just blaming them, but actually doing it, killing fellow Americans, then blaming Iran. American uniforms, spoke very good english, well planned??? Sounds like an inside job to me. After 9/11, which I don't think was a complete inside job, but was "allowed" to happen, this wouldn't be a far streach to think Dick and the boys would do this to try to convince the world that Iran is bad, they must be taken out.

I don't think they would ever do this themselves, even if they were capable of making that sort of decision it would be far to risky. I wouldnt put it past them to blame this on Iran however, I have personal knowledge of inside reports of Iranian involvement in previous attacks that were not published. There was also one case where it was published and then the story was quickly killed. Of course that could mean that it was false or that the government doesn't want a war with Iran. I personally don't think the government wants a war with Iran. If they did we would of went there in the first place and never attack Iraq. Iran is strategically much more valuable than Iraq anyhow.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Irians need to stop screwing around or face the wrath of the military

Or just have Israel drop Tatical nukes on there areas!!

Yep that's an intelligent opinion. It's possible this was iranians, iraqis or even the US simply setting up a decent reason for war. Others have said that already and they are correct, but i doubt we will ever know which it is. Sadly we will have to accept the official story as true and move on.

What i find interesting is simply the continuing buildup of USA forces in the area. They often say this is because they just want extra forces in the area for Iraq, well sorry i don't buy it.

I think though it will take a little more than this to commit the USA to another war. Let's face it, the public support is waning when it comes to war. Maybe if Israel goes in first and the USA is simply seen as support then maybe the people there will be ok with it. On the other hand maybe it will need more troops dead and the Iranians blaimed for an invasion.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
oh i think very much so the government is lookin for an excuse to attack iran. iranian agents will be the new WMD. we will hear alot about it, the administration will say its the "Smoking gun", they will say they have undisputible evidence, but in the end theyre will be no actual proof

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Has anyone caught the part about Bush denying that he wants to, or has made plans to, invade Iran?

At this point, don't you think it would be difficult for him to go to war in Iran with his public policy being that he's against it? I know the American people are very skeptical about any kind of further military action.

His posturing on Iran is that we'll pursue them inside the borders of Iraq. Either this is the beginning of a slow build up, or he's telling the truth. He may want to invade Iran, but I don't know that his presidency would last much longer. Unless there's a really good reason (which all of us would probably call BS on anyhow), I don't think it's coming.

Perhaps we're currently doing what we did in Vietnam... declaring war on a country with our special forces? Remember how the Green Berets were secretly fighting in Cambodia? The similarities to 'Nam are almost overwhelming. Only in 'Nam we didn't have to worrk about Nuclear Weapons.

Ignorant people often say we should turn the middle east into a parking lot. What if Iran turned us into a parking lot? Either in Iraq, or here at home.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So, now we're no longer talking about Iran's nuke capabilities. Now its Iran behind attacks of all kinds.
I'd give my right arm to find out which is the truth. My guess is that the administration is looking for other ways to start war with them at all costs- they're literaly poking that horse in the eye with a stick over and over and provoking and instigating until finally, they get their way.

There will be a war of enormous proportions and much bloodshed all thanks to lack of communication and lack of diplomacy- which should be completely exhausted before more poking is done.

Did i say diplomacy?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join