It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

breaking news on cnn: iran behind karbala attack?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
One of the probable reasons of invading Iraq? We may not be reading between the lines very well. After all that's been said and done, the bottom-line of the war in Iraq could be the invasion of Iran.

I tended to think that this was the goal all along. Iraq was like outposting your knight in chess: it gives you a powerful tactical tool to set up future attacks. I think the administration originally saw Iran as the nexus of Islamic extremism, and the hope was that Iraq would easily fall and pressure could be put on Iran from both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite pan out that way.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Iran population don't want a fight, Ahmanejidad want a fight to stay in power and for his religious crap.

Iran does not want war, they have stated this multiple times and have also noted that the US is trying to convince the public they are the ones wanting war. And from what i noticed it is working on some people..

Yeah, BenLaden, what a joke. Bush said himself on tape that he don't care and he dismantled the unit who had the mission to capture him. Of course, we all know that a lot of americans don't know that, hell, 15% of americans never heard of global warming!

Bin Laden is on US side, therefor he will never be caught (if he is still alive) and they never wanted him dead in the first place..

The US needs a revolution real fast.

This Illuminati (or whatever they call there group), military industrual complex thing is going on for more than 40 years now, at this point only the US citizens can do something about this situation. The people in power will do whatever it costs to keep there power, even if they have to sacrifice or murder some more of there own people (9/11, JFK murder etc).

What i found interesting from the witness reports from the Iraqi police is that they did nothing cuz they thought the americans were just fighting with each other. It is a fact that the Brittish are drive by'ing people on the streets of Iraq wearing arabic clothing and wigs. So it would not shock me if this was also a black flag operation.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 137

Iran does not want war, they have stated this multiple times and have also noted that the US is trying to convince the public they are the ones wanting war. And from what i noticed it is working on some people..

What country says they want war? lol. The US is not trying to convince anyone that Iran wants war, they are mentioning that Iran is training Shia insurgents and arming them...which really isn't that hard to believe.

Bin Laden is on US side, therefor he will never be caught (if he is still alive) and they never wanted him dead in the first place..

You know this how?

What i found interesting from the witness reports from the Iraqi police is that they did nothing cuz they thought the americans were just fighting with each other.

Heh? What eye witness reports said that? Is that also why the Iraqi police didn't kill hundreds of Sunni Insurgents that were going to kill Shiites because they were really Americans? Give me a break

It is a fact that the Brittish are drive by'ing people on the streets of Iraq wearing arabic clothing and wigs. So it would not shock me if this was also a black flag operation.

No it isn't a fact. If it is, please post a reputable site talking about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
When they reported this on the NBC evening news last night, they also added that military leaders were skeptical about this allegation... after the WMD fiasco, they didn't want to get burned again.

I think this is how the military will defang bush minor and his war-on over Iran... allegations like this will be made, and the military, who is in the best position to know will poo paw the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Grover you are right.

So far the allegations and connections of Iran into the killing of 5 American soldiers is pure speculations.

The speculations are been fed by not the military because they also are not sure who did it.

What they are telling is . . . that the ambush was very well planned and they are agreeing that Sunnis or Shiite militias are not that good as per US military command in Iraq opinion.

But people forgot that our administration never captured the entire body of Saddam Elite forces and until this day they do not know where they went.

Now the military will do what their commanding in chief Tell them and what to deduce of the ambush.

This is completely the manipulations of Bush administration and his plans to proceed on including Iran in his next war campaign.

People do not let the propaganda cloud your minds, bush can manipulate any information that is deemed secret to his advantage, they same way that he did it to invaded Iraq.

This all a plan and like we in ATS predicted is going by the book, the lies the very well deceiving way of plan the doubt into American minds and the propaganda.

We got 9/11 and now we got 5 death American soldiers to go into war this time with another nation.

Bush is on the war path, so get ready.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have never been proud of my military service, nor ashamed of it, it is just part of my life but I tell ya it will be a very proud day when the leadership of the armed forces in this country stand up and do what is right for our nation, and tell this belligerent pinhead..."Enough sir you have sacrificed enough souls... this must stop." And I am feeling hopeful we will actually see that happen before this chapter of our history is over.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
The US is not trying to convince anyone that Iran wants war, they are mentioning that Iran is training Shia insurgents and arming them...which really isn't that hard to believe.

Iran making WMD's?
Iran wanting Israel wiped off the map?
just a grab from the US propaganda bag.

You know this how?

Bin laden a.k.a. Tim Osman worked for the CIA and probably never quitted.
If you didn't notice by now, Al Qaeda is a phantom organisation made so that the US can operate in the middle east (and abroad) without asking questions.
Just solve the "war on terror" puzzle and it will become clear.

Heh? What eye witness reports said that?

Just search around, a policeman who witnessed the shooting told it on the news.

It is a fact that the Brittish are drive by'ing people on the streets of Iraq wearing arabic clothing and wigs. So it would not shock me if this was also a black flag operation.

No it isn't a fact. If it is, please post a reputable site talking about it.

You probably heard of the drive by's being done daily on random people and nobody knowing who is doing them.. There is one incident where the drive by'ing criminals shot 2 cops but were caught:

Google Video Link

There is much going on out there we will probably never hear about..

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The original blurb that I posted from Drudge is gone. Is there any posted news from NBC or another network or news source that verifies the claim allegedly being made by the military that Iran was behind the attacks?

If not, the question is how and why did that story disappear, and who made the mistake to begin with?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I really couldn't tell an Iranian from an Iraqi or Israeli for that matter. If the US wants plausible deniability I'm guessing the Mossad could supply it, again. Aren't there just a few too many coincidences, surge, patriot missiles, Naval presence, appointing a Navy man head honcho in Iraq, ramping up the rhetoric and telling straight out in the PNAC literature that Iran follows Iraq.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Bush is getting ready to attack Iran, nothing more and nothing less.

He already say that he doesn't need congress to make the decisios as the comander in chief.

So pretty much he say that the constitution give him his powers.

He has been making all kind of links to Iran with the purpose of finding ways to start his next saga in the war happy path of his career.

it is stuff like this that has me saying bush minor will provoke a constituitional crisis before the year is out, and the way things are going, before its half way.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 137
Iran making WMD's?
Iran wanting Israel wiped off the map?
just a grab from the US propaganda bag.

Maybe Iran is making WMD's, maybe they do want Israel to be gone, maybe they are interfering in Iraq. Ever think about that? Especially about the WMD's and interference in Iraq, it doesn't take a rocket science to figure those out.

Bin laden a.k.a. Tim Osman worked for the CIA and probably never quitted.
If you didn't notice by now, Al Qaeda is a phantom organisation made so that the US can operate in the middle east (and abroad) without asking questions.
Just solve the "war on terror" puzzle and it will become clear.

So are you proposing everything Al Qaeda has done was basically the US doing it? And why would Al-Qaeda people attack what the president is doing? Like saying he is lying to the American people? What about Pakistan? Are they just really dealing with American agents? What about the Taliban? Why didn't they deny that they had Osama Bin Laden and why didn't they deny there was no Al-Qaeda?

You probably heard of the drive by's being done daily on random people and nobody knowing who is doing them.. There is one incident where the drive by'ing criminals shot 2 cops but were caught:

There is much going on out there we will probably never hear about..

Listen I am not denying any of this, but I am not saying this is true. There were 2 people doing this. There is such a thing as corrupt individuals who could traffick things to and fro. For you to say it is American/British agents behind the violence in Iraq is...far out and inaccurate.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Two Senior Iraqi Generals Eyed in Brazen Attack on U.S. Soldiers

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Two senior Iraqi generals are being questioned in connection with last week's attack in Karbala that left five U.S. soldiers dead, Pentagon officials told FOX News Thursday.

The Pentagon said the investigation into the attack is ongoing and several Iraqis have been detained for questioning.

Because high-level generals were possibly involved, the Pentagon said, it raises questions about the loyalty and trustworthiness of Iraqi military officers at the highest levels.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
When People in he US is going to stop listening to the propaganda of the president gone mad and start putting one and one together.

Iran=Shiites

Iraq liberated by Bush for the Shiites, Siites tribal loyalties to Iraq will never step in the background and allow US to use Iraq to attack Iran.

The military in Iraq are militias on free time and so the police, US is training the same people that later comes back an attack US troops in the streets.

Maliki already has voice that if US wants war with Iran and Syria they should not use their nation to launch the attacks.

If Bush wanted the Iraqis to help attack and invade Iran it should have left "Saddam Sunni" majority in power.

Iraqis Shiites will not turn against Iranian Shiites they will turn against US troops first.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The sad reality is, Marge, that bush minor was on record of wanting this war before he even had been selected for president by a Supreme Court that had no business meddling in the 2000 election.

WMD had absolutely nothing to do with why we went invaded except that it is what they used to snowball the American people with, and even more sadly (yet probably more predictably), after 9/11, the country was ripe for snowballing.

The bush minor team went into Iraq with a set of assumptions which so far have all been proved wrong, and were proved wrong, right from the outset. That a people, that had been subject to a dictator (or King, or Emperor or what not for centuries, or more) was ripe for democracy was one, and that somehow they would be able to live together after one group had been used to keep the other down, that it would not devolve into civil war. Then there was the damned foolish notion that somehow we would be welcomed as liberators as opposed to invaders.... Ahh the fantasies of the arm chair warriors... too bad the blood spilled is all too real.

And all this so a pathetic, insecure little man could say he finished what his father didn't.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Grover, I agree . . . we have seen the results of a man put in power by the help of his influential father, but a man that is so mentally incompetent that could not even take time to understand the complicated social structure of the country that he was targeting.

Perhaps if he had taken the time or had surrounded himself with a better group advisors thing could actually be going ok in Iraq.

However, his corporate agenda was as ill planned as the war he has wagged in the Middle East.

I believe that he could have gotten his cake and he and his corporate bodies would have been able to eat it in peace.

That is not going to happen, only by force he is going to get what they are after something that will prove to be very bloody and violent if they get their hands on the rights of the Iraqi oil without the Iraqi people approval.

In addition . . . you bet they are trying hard to get the contracts signed if they have not done it already.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Marge... I was one of those few who were opposed to this war from the very outset. I stood on the street corners with other like minded people protesting what we felt was wrong and endured insults and eggings for our stance. I have watched its convolutions very carefully, far more than most people, that much is obvious. While I will give bush minor Afghanistan, his team blew that and Bin Laden got away thanks to unreliable allies, and political in-fighting in this administration between the CIA and the DoD.

My opposition to the war is based on my own personal morality. I believe that war is a failure of diplomacy and a tragedy whenever it happens. I believe that military force should be used rarely and as an act of last resort, not first choice, but if we are to use the military, I agree with the Powell doctrine, to use overwhelming force or not at all.

None of which was done by this administration... it was a war of choice, not necessity, and they rushed into it without adequate preparations. Their attempts at diplomacy were shallow and false hearted, and they have, despite their rhetoric, no respect for our men and women in uniform or they would have sent them in with enough people to do it right from the beginning.

The fact is that it was obvious to anyone who wanted to see, in 2002 and early 03 that we were being sold a pack of lies, and this was just from gleanings from the standard media. Pardon the pun, BUT "the truth was out there" in plain sight but no one wanted to believe that we were being sold such a flagrant and bald faced pack of lies and allegations. Just as it is blatantly obvious that we are responsible for this mess in Iraq, and no one else, not the insurgents, Iran, Syria, Al Qeada or anybody else but us..the United States... and no one wants to face that hard reality. The past four years worth of death and destruction would not have happened if we had not invaded...that is the naked truth of the matter. Iraq may have fallen apart when Saddam was gone, but it would not have been our fault and responsiblity.

At this late stage, while we have a moral responsiblity to clean up the mess that we have made... the fact is, we are so hated, and the situition is so far gone between the Sunni and Shiite's, that there is nothing we can do, even with 1,000,000 troops on the ground...

The fact is, no matter what we do from here on out, it is not going to make it better but rather lead to more death and destruction.

bush minor and his pathetic egotism has squandered the global good will we had after 9/11 and dragged our good name through the mud and made us enemies for a generation to come.

I cannot help it.... when I read or see stories about our soldiers maimed or killed and the families left behind, children without parents and hear more about the horror that Iraq has become thanks to his bungling.... I curse the son-of-a- bitch to hell.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by grover]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I cannot help it.... when I read or see stories about our soldiers maimed or killed and the families left behind, children without parents and hear more about the horror that Iraq has become thanks to his bungling...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I cannot help it.... when I read or see stories about our soldiers maimed or killed and the families left behind, children without parents and hear more about the horror that Iraq has become thanks to his bungling.... I curse the son-of-a- bitch to hell.

Amen, I tell you I cannot stand his present even on TV, for some reason is just something that goes beyond understanding . . . how can this man has been allowed to do so much damage in our nations and in our names.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Amen, I tell you I cannot stand his present even on TV, for some reason is just something that goes beyond understanding . . . how can this man has been allowed to do so much damage in our nations and in our names.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by a1ex]

Also Write to your representative:

www.house.gov...

[edit on 2/1/2007 by a1ex]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There is a stream of runny bullhooey out there spewed forth by this administration, its media apologists, the Ann Coulter's, Micheal Savages and the Mush Loosebowels, and by all the dittoheads who listen to them because they have never had an original thought in their lives... it goes something like... if you oppose this administration, you hate America, you blame America first, you are giving comfort to the enemy, you don't support the troops and other lines of (and I use the word loosely) reasoning. I would be banned permanently from ATSNN if I wrote what I actually felt about those accusations, and since I enjoy annoying the right wieners on here I will curb my tongue somewhat.... So let me say this... what those who spew this liquid fertilizer fail to understand is that we on the left, the Democrats and us liberals and the war protesters, no matter their political leanings all love this country dearly... many of us have served it when your Chicken hawk president hid drunk in New Orleans when he was supposed to being his duty in the Air National Guard, and your vice president had other priorities, or have served it since; and what we are protesting is what we feel is the wrong turn our nation has made. Abraham Lincoln said once when confronted with war protesters that "It is a sin to be silent when it is your duty to protest." bush minor has never been man enough to even be within eyesight of protesters, much less to go out and meet with them like Nixon did, yes Nixon (and it pains me to praise Nixon LOL) was more of a man than our swaggering idiot in chief is. And, if we sat silent when we saw our nation going down the wrong path (even if we are the ones who are wrong) we would not be doing our duty as citizens. It is that very thing that makes a democracy work... the right to different opinions.

bush minor has finally done something I never thought I would see (much less say) in my lifetime.... he's made Nixon look good.

Cute cartoon...I like it.... unfortunately I don't think that is what the baker commission meant when they advised engaging Iran and Syria... but then English is always getting the best of bush.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join