It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate dimensions and dimensional travel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
alright i just wanted to post this idea for the order of the universe that i have been tossing around for a little while. for an example i will use the animal kindom. okay so we have humans right and as we move to the less evolved side of the kindom we have chimps, baboons, gorillas all the way through the most generic mammals to lizards, then fish, then plants, and finally unicellular organisms like amoebas. what i am getting at here is that perhaps each dimension suffers or weathers a subtle change from the last, the changes gradually becoming more dramatic as you move along, an easy example is a clock. the numbers increase or decrease by one if you move along individual numbers yet if you hop clear across the clock from 3 to 9 for instance there is a dramatic change in denaminational value. i hope i explained that well

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
from what i gather your trying to explain a cascade of events happening from any type of rift in the continuum of space and time.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
i was thinking we think of the 4th dimension as time, but time does not exist does it, we humans thought up time as a measurement so how can it be a 4th dimension, now i think the 4th dimension could be Existence?

Time DOES exist. We sorta made up "clock/date" time (for lack of better termonology). Time exists in that food spoils, seasons change, the sun rises and sets, people age, etc. So yeah, it exists. But due to its nature, that's why it's often referred to in dimension/relation with space; time eventually alters space.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well technically the sun rises and sets due to motion, and gravitational force, food spoils because of chemicals inside the food and how much of each chemical is present, and aging is a biological process which differs from person to person, which is why everyone does not die at the same age, so all you did were give me examples of natural phenomenon and try to prove that the universe is linear, agin i say there is rate/ speed/ motion but no time.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You're right in that chemical processes and deterioration causes food to spoil. But if there was no passing of time---that is, if time could physically stop or stand still--then those processes would not occur. If there were no time, how could you progress from moment 1 to moment 2.

I think the idea that we "invented" time is an interesting one, but WAY off base. But keep the debate going, by all means.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i will save the disproving of time for my college thesis, but guys we haven't even touched on traveling between universes...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
funny you guys are talking about this when just the other day i had a long discussion with a friend about memories that don't belong and a theory i had which i named "trauma induced dimensional interference".

we were discuss memories that you might have that don't seem to belong in your life/time line and both myself and my friend seemed to have encountered such experiences..his experience was simpler where he had a distinct memory (he swears it was not a dream) of him being at school witnessing a retarded school girl getting teased by school kids as he watched in the background..
problem is he swears that this has never happened in his life and no one else remembers the experience..
now that made me think about a much more complicated and mind boggling experience i had when i was about 8 years old which to this day i have simply refused to make sense of it and thus have written it off as WTF..
i was 8 years old and had stayed at my cousins house for 2 days straight (a common occurrence when i was on school holidays, well on 2nd night i really got home sick and knew i had 2 nights to go before i had arranged for my parents to come pick me up.... in bed that night i was so stressed and just wanted to be at home in my own familiar bed and i kept closing my eyes and trying to recreate my room instead of his room so when i opened my eyes i would be home instead of at my cousins house..
Anyway , I tried this from about 11pm to about 12:30 am when all of a sudden i opened my eyes and realized i was in fact in my room., with amazement i thought " this must be a dream" and proceeded to go back to sleep and made myself stop thinking abou my issue.
next morning i woke up and guess what , i was still in my room , not at my cousins house from the night before. i immediately freaked out and tried to comprehend what had happened, my cousin was a long drive away so i thought my parents would have no reason to come pick me up at 2am and bring me home without me noticing anything..i also thought maybe my experience at my cousins was a dream , but theres was no continuation issues, i was there nearly 3 full days full of full day experience , (certainly not dream like) i also remembered the time before going to my cousins organizing it with my mum and his mum and the trip there and so forth t , so that was also not a possibility.
now the problem is no one has the recollection of this memory or experience but me, its like , everyone in this dimension is not from the dimension i was in at my cousins house, to them its like the event never happened and i was always at home..
so you can see why this has bothered me for some time so i came up with a explanation..
basically i believe that dimensions lie close to each other like a bunch of straight lights which not much distance separating them , like a bunch of spaghetti stick... i think what can happen is if there is enough trauma the individual can expand his dimensional detection abilities and come in contact with alternate dimensions, this is the smallest of cases can cause a memory that dosent seem to belong , (like in my friends case, the trauma induced by the alternate him who witnessed the teasing collided with this reality causing a blend of memories where my friend has a small sample of his alternate experience and the version of him who initiated the collision has tried to escape and sampled some of my friends memory (which is funny cause my friend has the opposet of this "missing memories" which people around him tell him about but he cant remember.)..
perhaps that alternate him has his missing memories and thus he has taken his school girl memory in its place..
so my friends being a small weak case of dimensional interference , mine seems to be a massive case where the need for my to escape the current reality caused me to jump lanes completely causing myself to wake up in a reality where i was home and most likely caused the alternate me to wake up in my cousins house thinking wtf.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
what you just said in tandem with breaks in consciousness that we all experience (i.e. deja vu) could actually prove that we posses a mental link with alternate versions of ourselves in other universes, i may start a thread and begin a study about this would you like to be part of it?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
yes your spot on , i was going to mention deja vu as well but my post limit was reached , this theory could explain alot of strange phenomena, also explains dreams , who could be you accessing alternate you's as well

perhaps you should quote my first post in your new thread along with your comments to get the ball rolling

[edit on 20-3-2007 by MouldyCrumpet]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
right on brother...

but on another note there is an idea i had been tossing around about inter-universal travel (i just realized that my headline was inaptly named)
it all started when i was thinking about negative integers and the number zero, then it came to me what if you created negative space-or rather a vaccum within a vaccum, a further simplification creating a space of nothing within a vaccum enviroment, but this begs the question once you remove matter from a space what is there left to take from it? and more importantly where would you end up if you went into this "zerospace"?

another theory i have been tossing around, i recalled an episode of futurama when the whole gang went to the edge of the universe and saw into a parallel dimension (my apology for referencing a cartoon), i began to ponder this...
even though space supposedly expands at a rate faster than light, if one were to go to the edge (theoretically anyway) would you be able to wander into another universe or perhaps the zerospace mentioned earlier. oh brainblast! here is another thought off the top o' the ole' noggin what we define as space could possibly not exist, what if there were only matter within a universe, yeah i think i will go with that now...

-time
-space
thats two down lets see what else physics can throw at me, come on bring it baby!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
awesome theories mate, had similar ones myself

check out some of my other theories in this post

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I find the conversation of this topic to be very interesting. Due to this, i want to post a query i've had for some time...
As you might be able to infer from my name, i have become quiet obsessed with Naruto from its debut in the Americas. This obsession has grown a bit until i can barely control it. You see, i yearn to live in the world of Naruto and live life as it happens in the Anime. When i saw this post on Alternate dimensions, i drew to it very quickly.
My question is, do you, in your opinion, think that it would be possible to travel through different dimensions to the point in which we could live in our "ideal realities"?
Now i see that here are some major points in my theory that are questionable, such as: How would we travel through these alternate dimesions? and How do we even know these dimensions exist?
Now, you could say that im just another kid that wants to "get away from my family" or something like that, but then you would be wrong. I understand that i would not see anyone that i knew ever again, yet the absolute yearninga and encouragemant that i receive from thinking about myself living in the world of Naruto completely overrides any feeling of compassion for anyone in this reality. I so desperately want to get out, and i was wondering if you had any answers for me. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mysteri

not trying to butt in but from what i hear, and im not a religious guy but i could see some spiritualness in science and if we could utilize that i think we could come up with a better understanding

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I'm pickin up what you're puttin down... I totally dig this idea! Do these layers diverge at any point? Or would they make up spacetime?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MouldyCrumpet

I see that this unknown memory is interesting,but do you think if you like when you were 8 tried hard enough to actually switch with an alternate reality wich you desire?Because according to you and your friends experiences there must be a mental bond beetween the "you" in this world and the "you" in the other worlds for this to even happen because like in a previous post there would be an imbalance in the alternate reality and you coudn't switch with something that isn't equal to you in every single aspect.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think the multivers theory is quit elegant.
Mouldycrumpet: your experience reminds me of that movie "the butterfly effect". very interesing
Mysteri: I like the way you picture that line across the dimentions.

Every infinite small timeperiod would create an infinate number of universes, however It might be wrong to add those together and think that there are also, let's say an infinite number of earths masses.
very simply:
If a 1 kg pack of suger exists in 10 other multiverses we would not have 10 kg of sugar.

Time itself could be the result of how we experience the flow from the current universe to the next.
Lets stop time and call it "A"
now we can go to an infinite number of possibilities .... B,C,D,E,F,G ........
Imagine we experience going to multiverse "D"
The transition A-->D would then be experienced as being Time.

This is just an analogy I use to get some kind if picture of it in my mind
Imagine a simple television, it receives hundereds of transmissions at the same time, yet, when we tune it, it only follows one broadcast. It's as if the other ones don't exist.

Some say that The Double Slit Experiment shows us that we create reality just by observing it.
Subatomic material will take every possible path at the same time as a wave when not observed. When observed, the it collapses down to one point as a particle.

My own thoughts about this:

The idea that we create reality just by observing it seems weird and unacceptable for most, it almosts like saying we're godlike creatures.
Maybe all the possible paths collaps into matter in a diffrent multiverse. We only experience one of those, creating the illusion that we create reality by observing.

Wish I could do the math like stephen Hawkin...

edit on 16-3-2011 by Morrel because: spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Superstrings and quarks were described over a century ago with a form of remote-viewing known to yogis for thousands of years. Superstring theory predicts the existence of six higher, compactified dimensions of space. Here is a picture depicting the six circular dimensions of space (6-d torus used by string theorists to model the compactified space) that was published in 1908:
smphillips.8m.com...
(2nd picture down).
Here is what the superstring looks like when remote-viewed:
smphillips.8m.com...
(2nd picture down).
Here is what quarks look like:
smphillips.8m.com...
Study the research articles at:
smphillips.8m.com...
and you will discover further proof that superstrings exist Their 3-dimensional and higher-dimensional structure and their forces are encoded in the sacred geometries of various religions because these geometries are analogous blueprints of ONE system. For example, Article 53 proves that these sacred geometries have a ten-fold division that physically manifests as the ten closed curves constituting an E8xE8 heterotic superstring - as described over a century ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
heavy reading there Micspy....
It's like reading a different language, here and there I understand a few words.
I can grasp conceps rather quickly but that kind of math...no way.
But I enjoyed reading it anyway, thanks for the links.

Here's a link that explains some of it in simple words...
www.nasca.org.uk...

Just found a new site with enough reading for a few months I think....
www.physicsforums.com...

In regards to your last link,
Those ancient guys new much more then we give them credit for, I guess a lot of it got lost. Imagine all those scrolls that were lost when they destroyed the library of alexandria for example.

This link is a bit more on topic, I liked it a lot, but I don't seem to get the full article, it stops afther a few pages. guess you have to sign up or something. His visualisation of dimentions is very wel written in my opinion.
www.scribd.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join