It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As smart as an american! Wtf LOOOOL

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by myowncrusade
the US has the resources financially and in manpower to accomplish anything.

Yeah, but if you don't have the know-how, that means little.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Anyone who basis their opinion of American intelligence, as a whole on this video, is just as ignorant as the people that were questioned in the video.

In my humble opinion.

That's all I'm going to say on this subject...

I'm not basing my opinion on the video. Plus I think that it is more ignorance of which we are speaking about (at least me). I might be guilty in ignorance too, but, I'm personally conveying what people have said to me. Intelligence is totally different (imo).

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by myowncrusade
Hey XPhiles care to specify any large tasks the US has accomplished recently?

Haha, I'm only winding you up :p.

Haha.. that is true. Actually it is our recent unrealistic decision to rid the world of terrorist regimes that has been our recent controversial endeavor. Unfortuneately, most regimes were/are established by such means, including our own.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
People will be what's expected of them, American or otherwise. One of my favorites is the Kazakstanian guy saying 'We are a compassionate people and we should kill Borat.'
I thought that was pretty funny, but it's not as funny as when an American says something similar. America's country cousin on the global stage.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
let me ask you something, if you asked people in any industrialized nation, "who is the president of the United States?" why would almost all of them know who he was?

Because he makes more monumental stuff ups than any other leader in the world and the media loves covering it.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Not only stupid but completely gullible. Do Americans believe everything they're told?

www.youtube.com...

I guess some do, eh? Yummy chipmunk...
And did you catch the 'french fries' comment?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think it is fair to say that there are ignorant people in every country....not just the USA. I know some really stupid Aussies.

We are all wired up differently in the brain department, and the environment one is raised in is also an important factor.

Heard of VAK ? Some people learn by reading and looking (Visual) some learn by listening (Auditory) and then others learn by being tactile (Kinaesthetic). It is said that we all possess a percentage of these 3 ways of learning but 1 will usually dominate. There are a minority of individuals who may share all 3 equally.

Then there are the 7 Modalities of Learning - Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Mathematical, Musical, Language, Spatial (can't remember last one).

I think technology is factor in this - how many people do you know that just sit and play games all day ? How many text addicts do you know ? Gee you have to perform major hand surgery to remove the phone from their hands. Young people cant even string a decent sentence together..."yep, nup, humph, dunno, somefink, noffink, anyfink,
arks (ask)" bloody pathetic. They can't even get present and past tense correct. They have lost the art of conversation.

I was a library assistant in a local primary (grade school in the US ???) and the librarian used to let a lot of the boys read comics because she said half of them could not read the novels or the non fiction. she maintained that at least they were reading something, even if it was a simple comic that may spark an urge in one of them to eventually pick up a book, attempt to read and enjoy it.

You can not really blame a country's education system for this ignorance.
We are all given a choice to either learn and move on, or remain a vegetable and know nothing of the world around us. There have been many cases of people from very underprivileged backgrounds who have started out with simple education and moved onto university and made successful careers for themselves.

The tools to learn are there for everyone...just grab 'em

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That is right. Americans are stupid.

*They just lucked onto the world's biggest GDP
*They just happened to be the only country to put a man on the moon
*They just lucked into the universe's best university system
*America happens to be the first country to map the human genome
*America happens to be the home of more Nobel Laureates than any other country. (Indeed, not counting Germany or UK, more than 3x that of any other country)
*Americans have more articles published in scientific texts than any other countries

The list of course goes on and on and on and on.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by XBadger]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You have voted XBadger for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Well said xbadger, cheers.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XBadger
The list of course goes on and on and on and on.

Here's a list for you...

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah the USA is waaay up there...

That's why the gov is allowing so much illegal immigration, they're trying to raise the literacy rate...

Hey just kidding, we love you Yanks really. I mean where we would be without mcdonalds and the invasion of other countries. It's just so easy to 'yank' your chains is all...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

To the person who started this thread. . . China has a literacy rate of 90%, America has one of 99.7%.
Why don't you tell me the dumb country here.

Those figures are unbeleivably laughable.

I'm not personally saying that America is "stupid" just that the majority (from what I've heard) are ignorant.

X

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I love the Brits, where would I be without tea, and you guys inspired my favorite movie, Austin powers.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I took out the literacy rates because I realized the person who started the thread was from Finland, not China so not neccessary.

That said . . .

Why in the world would an average American have any more reason to know who the prime minister from Australia is than the average Australian would have to know who the King of Nepal is?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You can laugh at the figures if you want, but they come from the 2005 UN Developmental program report.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you've got a problem with that, its fine, but what internationally recongized standard do you choose to use?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Why in the world would an average American have any more reason to know who the prime minister from Australia is than the average Australian would have to know who the King of Nepal is?

Well first off do you really think the Prime Minister of Aus would be walking around the streets of NY asking such questions?

C'mon that in itself should make think 'Yeah right and I'm the King of Nepal'.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow ANOK,

You got me there ::Sarcasm:: 99.7 v 99.9% Wow, what a glaring difference. You are right USA is nowhere near the top there. ::Sarcasm:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hey fellas, how about we put all this behind us, lets go smoke a fag and have a cup of tea or something.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sorry dumbass, they were in Washington, not New York. I guess these Americans aren't the only ones who don't know Geography

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You got me there ::Sarcasm:: 99.7 v 99.9% Wow, what a glaring difference. You are right USA is nowhere near the top there. ::Sarcasm:

You have NO sense of humour do you? Big diff between Americans and the rest of the world is we can laugh at ourselves. You all take yourselves way too seriously...

But notice all the countries above you, mostly European. Those bellow you, mostly underdeveloped countries.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Well the average American should know who the PM of Australia is (he has had many a Kodak moment with George Double Trouble). Some of us Aussies have a family member in Iraq or Afghanistan fighting the US President's bogus WOT.

Thanks for the low blow...we know how insignificant our country is...we know we have nothing to offer but cannon fodder and uranium...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join