It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As smart as an american! Wtf LOOOOL

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I love the American hate on here...

I guess that's why...

1/2 my office is full of people who immigrated here...
1/2 my school was full of people who immigrated here...
We can't stop people from running over our borders from 20 different countries.

I could go on, but I really don't care what the rest of the world thinks.

I know that I'm going to head to work today, make a very nice paycheck, go home, buy a top notch dinner, and talk to some of my computer scientist friends, probably during a game of WoW.

My Australian friend loves to do this... he asks americans a series of questions about obscure countries that he had to look up himself an hour before, and then laughs at them.

It's ok, he spent his life savings to come here and go to school... now whos stupid?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by sp00ner]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Oh...god damn, oh...ha ha ha...huh huh HA HAAAAA!!!

Some notables from that clip:

Country starting with U - Yugoslavia

Major religion of Israel - Muslim

# of sides to a triangle - 1

Who is Tony Blair - a skater

Axis of evil countries - Germany, and, too priceless, California, New York, Jerusalem, the US, Mississippi, and the greatest, ALL OF THEM!

No wonder Chimp Face got re-elected. And, to quote a foreigner from youtube,

"Not to stereotype, but you ignorant overweight useless bastards."

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

This sort of egocentricity and superiority complex is exactly what prompts people to deride Americans. A majority of the US population believe that
they are better than rest of the world. The whole point of this thread to show people this simple fact. There are intelligent people in all parts of the world. No one is better that the other. What the 'rest of the world' wants is for that ignorant lot to humbly descend from their throne of overweening arrogance and accept this simple fact.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Andy I hardly doubt that the pecentage of 60% is anywhere near correct, that was a statement made obviously for the drama factor. All Americans are required schooling until 16 years old, by then they do know how to read. I am sure that a few cheat their way through some things, but I don't see reading and writing as being one of them.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sky1
What bothered me the most, as an American, is that American people will blindly follow their government.

I'm sure you have your morons everywhere and the people that answered the questions correctly, of course, weren't filmed, but it's amazing to me that ANYONE would ponder the question "What country begins with U"? This is basic, basic knowledge. Utah!?!?!?

As for the 60% of Americans not reading a book....I can believe it just based on how many people I personally know that don't read. In fact, kids at school actually make fun of my daughter because she reads as a form of entertainment.

Then again, we don't permit television in our home. We are a very technologically advanced family as we do cyber security as well as build video games, but TV is a no-no.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by sky1]

yeah i love reading and would be made fun of because of it. i was in the "advanced" reading group and people would trip out because i would check out a lot of books from the school library and finish them quick.. it sucks that being bookish is considered "uncool" or "nerdy" ugh..

sometimes people laugh when im like i wanna read the book before watching the movie.

i actually just "knew" how to read when I was 5. no one taught me i guess.
my kinder teacher caught me reading from a label or something like that so she placed a book in front of me and i began reading haha so they conducted some tests and i had a 6th grade level when i was 5! aww cute.

anyway this 60 percent thing damn how scary is that!!
sometimes people laugh when im like i wanna read the book before watching the movie.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join