It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hillary Clinton Be The Next U.S. President?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
For some of the latest information.

Hillary Clinton has revived her campaign for the US presidency with projected primary election wins in three states.
US media say she has taken the Democratic primary polls in Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island. The results of caucus meetings in Texas are not yet known.
bbc

To quote for the popular culcher, it seems the &$@#! is back.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

To quote for the popular culcher, it seems the &$@#! is back.

I assume Ms R/G, you were attempting to type "the enchanting Mrs. Clinton" and your keyboard miscued?

Although Hillary may not receive the majority of Texas delegates, she did win the majority of votes. Ohio was a smashing victory for Hillary. Clinton polled more votes (1.2 million) than all 3 GOP candidates, McCain, Huckabee and Paul, combined, who aggregated just over 1 million votes! Obama polled an “extra” 976,000 votes! This surely bodes ill for the GOP in November. Even Diebold cannot carry Ohio for the GOP this time!

I think Hillary has the advantage now. Only a bad loss in PA will stop her from being the Party's nominee!

[edit on 3/6/2008 by donwhite]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Although Hillery is below Obama in the votes gathered so far it seems she could still win the nomination. If any one still has any opinions they want to share on this topic please do so.
Here is some of the latest news on the subject.

Hillary Rodham Clinton has an unmistakable bounce in her step these days — a sense of energy and optimism that somehow belies the daunting challenge she faces in wresting the Democratic presidential nomination from Barack Obama.

"I feel good. We're making progress every day," she told supporters Thursday in Kentucky, which holds its primary May 20. "Wish I could be here for the Derby. ... I hope everyone's going to place a little money on the filly," a reference perhaps to horse Eight Belles and herself.

sorce

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
just finished watching this vid of Hillary being interviewed by O'Reilly.
You gotta see/hear it to believe it.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

just finished watching this vid of Hillary being interviewed by O'Reilly.You gotta see/hear it to believe it.

I must have the oldest computer on ATS as my computer will not play that except in short fragments that make listening an unhappy experience. I saw one like it on tv and the part I liked best was Hillary standing up to O'Reilly's obnoxious interview technique. A Joseph McCarthy, Jr.

I did not like it when she said "If Iran attacked Israel, we'd obliterate Iran." If elected, she'll have to EAT those words. But every pol know how to do that. But yet a substantial segment of the American electorate LOVES it! Israel has 20-300 atom bombs in contravention of the UN's NPT but the US ignores that.

As Rev Wright explained, a politician says what he/she has to say to be elected. Then you get down to business. If you don't get elected, you're nothing. I've learned one thing - you cannot be elected if you tell the truth!

[edit on 5/2/2008 by donwhite]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
For everything that was said thus far I agree the most with that politicians say what they have to say to get elected. I think that has been proven often enough through my life time and I am sure through most of history.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I totally agree that Hillary will be the next president. She attended the last Bilderberg Group meeting and we know they hold the pursestrings

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I agree the most with that politicians say what they have to say to get elected. I think that has been proven often enough through my life time and I am sure through most of history.

To help simplify this, I have a pet theory I call the dichotomy of convergences.” Two ways to reach a common goal. Or coming together from different directions. When not telling the truth serves us the best. The speaker needs to be very discrete how he or she misrepresents the truth of the attainable. That - the attainable - warns us not to encourage false hopes. Also known as the "whipsaw" theory.

I like to point to the GOP primary in Michigan. Romney who was favored to win, assured the voters he would bring back the jobs lost to globalization. He suggested a $20 b. program for MI. McCain told the voters that those jobs are not coming back. He offered to improve or extend the retraining efforts to qualify the out of work auto makers in other fields. Romney misstated the truth, and he won. McCain told the truth and he lost.

Clinton and McCain are offering to drop the gas tax this summer if elected or if they can force Bush43 to do it. But it turns out the Federal gas tax is 18 cents a gallon. If you drive a 20 mpg vehicle, for 800 miles a month for June, July and August, that would save you $21.60. Obama says that is PANDERING at its worst and refuses to indulge.

We’ll see what effect if any that dichotomy of promises has in Indiana and North Carolina this Tuesday.

[edit on 5/4/2008 by donwhite]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I found this as I was looking at news this morning.

A top Clinton adviser this morning said that Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is open to the possibility of loaning her campaign more money to continue in the race.
cnn

I can re state the point that was made many times earlier, that Clinton controls the money in this race. The other main point is that she is loaning the money to here own campaign. That means she will be getting it all back with interest! So is that a sweet deal or what. Loan your business venture money, spend it to woo your supporters, then get your supporters to give you a bunch of money, so you end up with more then what your started out with.

The source goes on to say that Clinton has loaned here campaign eleven million so far. At twenty percent interest we are talking two million one hundred thousand net profit. If that is how it all will work in the end.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Here is some of the latest in what the news is saying

Despite calls from some for Hillary Clinton to abandon her presidential bid, her campaign chairman insisted Monday she will stay in the race until the last primary and predicted the New York Democrat will overtake Barack Obama in the popular vote
cnn

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

. . her campaign chairman insisted Monday she will stay in the race until the last primary and predicted the New York Democrat will overtake Barack Obama in the popular vote . .

I sometimes feel I am riding the back of an Asian camel. First it’s up then it’s down. I started life as a Hillary person. Then, after the outstanding speech by Barack explaining his relationship with the Very Reverend Jeremiah Wright, I said, “That man has presidential potential!” Then Hillary made a smaller but just as crucial “second” comeback. Then, just this past Sunday, I was watching the Barack interview by Wolf Blitzer and again, I was so strongly impressed by the grasp of issues and exhaustive background knowledge Barack showed. Sweet Jesus! Barack is as ready to step into the WH as is Hillary!

As backup for any Dem nominee, NO ONE could do a worse job than the current occupant, America’s FIRST designated president. No, the 2004 election did not “cure” the unexpected Supreme Court’s bungling of the 2000 election. He was illegitimate then and he remains non-vindicated and he is still very much ILLEGITIMATE.

[edit on 05/05/2008 by donwhite]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hear is some of the latest Clinton has said. It seems she is playing the gender card.

Clinton, who is banking on a large win in Kentucky Tuesday to keep her presidential hopes alive, also said she doesn't believe racism has played a role in the presidential campaign. But the New York senator said sexist attitudes among voters and members of the media have been a constant detriment to her White House hopes.
cnn

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

. . she doesn't believe racism has played a role in the presidential campaign. But the New York senator said sexist attitudes among voters and members of the media have been a constant detriment to her White House hopes.

John McCain is not far away from playing the typical Republican race card. About one inch. You can be sure it will be out there bad and often. But what's new with the GOP?

If Hillary does not yet know they have shut off her life support, she needs only to look over the tv pics out of Oregon! We'll see and hear that one again. KY is not only geographically close to WV, it is ideologically similar. KY is the only state said to have joined the Confederacy AFTER the Civil War ended.

After today, Obama is justified in ignoring Hillary from now on. I'm sorry about that. But Obama surprised me more than I ever expected to be surprised.

I'm proud of Hillary and the Dems. The Dems are truly America's Party!

[edit on 05/05/2008 by donwhite]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As I have said in the beginning of this thread, I did not expect things to turn out this way either. I got to say it will be an interesting race to the executive mansion.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

As I have said in the beginning of this thread, I did not expect things to turn out this way either. I got to say it will be an interesting race to the executive mansion.

A big 10-4!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well it seems the decision has been made as to the title of this thread. The answer is NO.

Hillary Clinton will withdraw from the race to become the Democratic candidate for the US presidency, and back her rival Barack Obama, her campaign says.

On Tuesday, Mr Obama gained enough delegates to win the nomination, after the final votes of the primary season.

Mrs Clinton has still not admitted in public that she lost the contest, but on Saturday she will do so "and express her support for Senator Obama".

Mr Obama has already announced a team to help select his running mate.

bbc

So it seems this thread may have to wait about another for years when the same question can be asked again.
Aside from that the possibility is still open to have Clinton as a running mate. That may be seen as the best possibility to get votes.
If you would like to voice you opinion on that please do so.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Well it seems the decision has been made as to the title of this thread. The answer is NO. The possibility is still open to have Clinton as a running mate.

To paraphrase a certain well known politician who spoke these words in 2005, "You're doing one heck of a job, Hillary!"

While Ken Brown was NOT doing a heck of a job, his ill informed but over eager complimenting boss DID NOT KNOW that and so we can take it Bush43 was sincere when he uttered those words. Of course "sincerity" is not a legitimate excuse for misfeasance. There was surely no one ever more sincere than Adolph Hitler?

Why did she lose what one year ago the polls said was hers for the asking? In a word, ARROGANCE! Goodness knows I love Bill and Hillary Clinton. Despite all their warts and faults, they DID RIGHT BY ME. Until Barack made his Philadelphia speech explaining the Rev. Wright incident, I was for Hillary. After that presidential quality speech, I said, "He is the MAN of the future."

With a BONUS! I've reminded white Americans that RACE is the American albatross. In one fell swoop we can get a competent leader who can actually speak English coherently and as a people we can be “free at last, thank God A’mighty, free at last” from the weight of centuries of racism! The election of Obama will be akin to being baptized and getting an enema at the same time.

Come Quick, Sweet Jesus!

[edit on 6/5/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
[The election of Obama will be akin to being baptized and getting an enema at the same time.

Of everything you said that statement above seem the most strange and thought provoking. I would have never thought the two key words you used would ever be used in the same sentence.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Of everything you said that statement above seem the most strange and thought provoking. I would have never thought the two key words you used would ever be used in the same sentence.

Because you have always been nice to me R/G, I'm going to accept your remarks as being complimentary!

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The Answer to the Thread title... No.. probaly not...

What a diffrence a year make, hell, 6 months ago, we all thought this was HRC's.

She realy had to work hard to screw this up...

I wonder who the VP's are going to be... I doubt that BHO will have HRC as his VP... too risky...

I have no idea who McCain is going to pick, its better to throw reason to the wind when considering him... Romney would be a fine choice... Huckabee too... neither are thrilling, but neither is McCain...

A Year ago i thought we were going to see a Guliani v Clinton presidential race... glad that's not the way it turned out... not that McCain v Obama is that much better, but at least its going to be exicting...

I cant wait until they acnoune VP's... and when Obama wipes the floor with McCain in the debates... i mean, McCain looked slow, and confused at every GOP debate, and every canidate destroyed him, especialy Romney, so BHO should has his way with him.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join