It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hillary Clinton Be The Next U.S. President?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Tkain
Yes things have changed and I can now see the answer to this thread will be no. It is not the way I thought it was going to turn out either.
I think what you said about the debates may be correct. BHO is a great orator, that will show in the debates. To bad the nation is not electing an orator. I do hope McCains team will get him prepped for the debates, I think that made a big difference in the second round of the Reagan debates.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Yes things have changed and I can now see the answer to this thread will be no. It is not the way I thought it was going to turn out either. I think what you said about the debates may be correct. BHO is a great orator, that will show in the debates. To bad the nation is not electing an orator. I do hope McCains team will get him prepped for the debates, I think that made a big difference in the second round of the Reagan debates.

I think Barack has agreed to one town meeting to be held July 4, maybe in Philadelphia? The problem facing each side in any so-called "town meeting" is how to prevent the other side from stacking the deck? Just to take a pledge of honesty will not be enough. Whether with or without a wink from the candidate, you can be sure partisans of all stripes will try for advantage.

Journalistic ethics forbid hawking a "staged" town meeting without revealing the fact before the fun begins. Before candidates decided they would rather write their own scripted questions, the League of Women Voters sponsored the debates. The League got only HONEST moderators who were allowed to pose questions of their own making. I know you are not to speak badly of the dead, but the late Tim Russett did no better than a still living Wolf Blitzer.

I once said you could not trust anyone on tv who makes a 6 figure salary. Now of course, low 7 figures are entry level. I can only say today you cannot trust anyone who makes an 8 figure salary. There are a few still out there, like Diane Rhems, Peter Bergen and a French lady turned American reporter whose name escapes me. Add Bill Moyers. And except for Bill I'll bet all of the others are still 6 figure people!

As I remind, no politician can tell the truth and be elected. Likewise no host or broadcaster can ask the hard questions and get anyone (notable) to come on his or her show. I observe foreigners who have come over here are the rare exceptions. Hmm? They must still take the First Amendment seriously and not a GAP - Guaranteed Annual Profit for the media corporations!

<< 14  15  16   >>

join