It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hillary Clinton Be The Next U.S. President?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here is a U tube video that is part one of four about Hillery. On the source thread it said it was baned video. If you are following Hillery you might want to watch it.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Here is some of what has recently happend with Hillery.

Hillary Clinton appeared to fight back tears, and her voice cracked with emotion Monday, as the strain of repairing her damaged White House hopes welled up.

Clinton was asked how she went on every day, at the end of a conversation with undecided voters at a coffee shop in New Hampshire.

"It's not easy, and I could not do it if I just didn't passionately believe it was the right thing to do," she said.

sorce

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Thanks R/G, for the good links. I was watching tv and may have seen it live but I did see it. I hope no one want to compare this with Sen. Muskie who cried at Manchester and was discounted thereafter. In 1972 the Manchester Union-Leader published an attack on the character of Muskie's wife Jane, reporting that she drank and used off-color language during the campaign. Muskie made an emotional defense of his wife in a speech outside the newspaper's offices during a snowstorm. Though Muskie later stated that what had appeared to the press as tears were actually melted snowflakes, the press reports that Muskie broke down and cried shattered the candidate's image as calm and reasoned. I’m satisfied that if William Loeb, the publisher, had appeared then, Mr Muskie would have socked him. I think that would have played well with Dems. But Sen. McGovern went on to lose big to Nixon. Facts from Wikipedia, commentary my own.

[edit on 1/8/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

Donwhite
Thanks for the facts, and the commentary. It was a very good comparison. It would not have broken my heart if Clinton was out of the race. It however seems she is not.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton powered to victory in New Hampshire's Democratic primary Tuesday night in a startling upset, defeating Sen. Barack Obama and resurrecting her bid for the White House. Sen. John McCain defeated his Republican rivals to move back into contention for the GOP nomination.

"I felt like we all spoke from our hearts and I am so gratified that you responded," Clinton said in victory remarks before cheering supporters. "Now together, let's give America the kind of comeback that New Hampshire has just given me."

sorce

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I posted another thread on Hillery that talks about her being something of a femanazi. It is a good read. Hear is the link you can read and coment on it there. As well as go to the sorce.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Here is some of the latest that I have found on Hillery. It talks about here being behind Obama now.

Her commanding lead in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination has vaporized since the Super Tuesday contests two weeks ago, and now, not only is Obama out in front, he's also chipping away at her base.

It is something that is not lost on her husband.

Speaking to a crowd in Beaumont, Texas, Wednesday, former President Bill Clinton said "If she wins in Texas and Ohio I think she will be the nominee. If you don't deliver for her then I don't think she can. It's all on you."
CNN

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Here is some of the latest that I have found on Hillery. It talks about here being behind Obama now.

Her commanding lead in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination has vaporized since the Super Tuesday contests two weeks ago, and now, not only is Obama out in front, he's also chipping away at her base.

Speaking to a crowd in Beaumont, Texas, Wednesday, former President Bill Clinton said "If she wins in Texas and Ohio I think she will be the nominee. If you don't deliver for her then I don't think she can. It's all on you."

I went to your link on " . . Hillary's disdain for masculinity fits right into the classic feminazi package, which is why Hillary acts on Gloria Steinem like catnip."

I being a fan of Gloria Steinem, am unwilling to either agree with the thinly veiled sexual innuendo commentary or to understand what unspoken agenda is hidden there. It is not easy for a woman to "make it" in a man's world. Glass ceiling you know. And oddly enough - to me - a fairly large proportion of women resent other women who do break out of the mold. I don't know whether to equate those stay-behinds with Phyllis Schlafly or Ann Coulter. Both of which women I hold in LOW regard.

I think Bill Clinton was merely stating the obvious. As I posted elsewhere, IF Obama wins both Texas and Ohio, it will be expected that Hillary will ANOINT Obama preferably in El Paso before a mixed crowd, Latinos, African Americans and whites in equal numbers. Let’s face it, the voters on the Dem side are right now riding a wave of HOPE and looking to the FUTURE. They don’t want to hear this fine details of how you play off the pharmaceuticals against the hospitals and doctors to get to universal health care. And etc. Just do it and do it right. Politics, like making sausage, is not pleasant to watch.

Another "closet" - thinly disguised - anti-feminine POV was expressed by MiKeB420: "The one thing I don't like about Hillary is how she is such a supporter of women's rights and equality, yet she stays with her cheating husband."

My, my, Mr M20, aren’t‘ you being the moral one today? Why not say Hillary has survived adversity? For all anyone can tell today, Hillary and Bill are quite happily married. And the two of them have a beautiful, accomplished child which must prove they have done something right? Are they not better exemplifying all those FAMILY VALUES the GOPs claim to love so much? And doing it a whole lot better than the Mayor for a Day Rudy Giuliani, for example? Methinks GOPs speak with forked tongues.

[edit on 2/21/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
People, people, Hillary is not a man eater, hater or a "femanazi" stop falling for the political propaganda that is eating this nation right now.

She is just a woman that is trying to get a shot to the presidential seat and be the first woman to be nominated to president candidate.

If she wins (that I am starting to doubt) she will do as what any other president has been doing in the last 40 or 50 years, cater to private interest while drowning our nation in more debt.

I can not imagine McCain as a president, he will further the warmongering agenda and will take us to another war..

Seriously I see an opening for the first black (AKA mix heritage) man, I believe that the odds for Obama wining the democratic presidential appointment is very good and so the presidential seat as more and more Americans are fed up with what we have so for as chosen ones.

But still we have to pass the fix voting system that at the end is the one to chose our presidents.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
I went to your link on " . . Hillary's disdain for masculinity fits right into the classic feminazi package, which is why Hillary acts on Gloria Steinem like catnip."

Thanks for looking at that link. I don't think that particular thread got to much attention. Thanks for your comment also, very well spoken. I would tend to lean more toward her being the feminazi. Time may change the tides but never know.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It seems the mud slinging is now fully under way. This was going to start sooner or later. Am posting this here as an update to the Hillery saga.

Hillary Rodham Clinton angrily accused her Democratic rival Saturday of deliberately misrepresenting her positions on NAFTA and health care in mass mailings to voters, adding, "Shame on you, Barack Obama."

Clutching two of Obama campaign mailings in her hand for emphasis, the former first lady said, "enough with the speeches and the big rallies and then using tactics that are right out of Karl Rove's playbook."

sorce

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It seems the mud slinging is now fully under way. This was going to start sooner or later. Am posting this here as an update to the Hillery saga.

Hillary Rodham Clinton angrily accused . . Clutching two of Obama campaign mailings in her hand for emphasis, the former first lady said, "enough with the speeches and the big rallies and then using tactics that are right out of Karl Rove's playbook." news.yahoo.com...

From J/O in a 2/24 U2U: “ I think Hillary has been reading my blog. She's finally getting mad. She functions better when she's mad, so I hope to see a more intelligent fight from her in the future. Her campaign advisor needs to be fired. She is not getting her money's worth.”

Hillary is in a very tight spot. Everyone can see Obama has very pleasantly touched a sensitive nerve with the voters. He is resonating! He has hit the third harmonic! (That's the strong one in physics). That is the sparkling gem every public speaker longs for but oh so few ever accomplish. Content of his speech is meaningless to those who are enthralled by just to hear him, to be close to history in the making! I liken this phenomenon to the 1950s era of bobby-soxer girls, mostly 11 to 16 years old, when they saw either Elvis (Presley) or Old Blue Eyes! (Frank Sinatra). They screamed and cried at the same time! It’s perhaps a little akin to what those good souls at Fatima witnessed a century ago? See Story Below. Or as Arlo Guthrie sang it in Alice’s Restaurant, “It’s a movement!”

As a good Democrat, I just hope Obama can sustain this unexpected era of good feeling until November 4. See Foot Note.

The Miracle of the Sun is an event witnessed by as many as 100,000 people on 13 October 1917 in the Cova da Iria fields near Fátima, Portugal. The people had assembled to observe what the Portuguese secular papers had been ridiculing since May as being the absurd claim of three young shepherd girls that a miracle was going to occur at high-noon in the Cova da Iria on October 13, 1917.

According to witness statements, after a downfall of rain the clouds broke and the sun appeared as an opaque, spinning disk in the sky. It was said to be significantly less bright than normal and cast multicolored lights across the landscape leaving shadows on the landscape, the people, and the surrounding clouds.

The sun was then reported to have careened towards the earth in a zigzag pattern, frightening some of those present who thought it meant the end of the world. Witnesses reported that the ground and their previously wet clothes became completely dry. en.wikipedia.org...

Foot Note.
The Era of Good Feelings. 1817-1825. James Monroe. Fifth president. Last of the Founding Fathers to serve as president. In both his elections (1816 and 1820) Monroe ran nearly uncontested. The Federalist Party had dwindled and eventually died out. Practically every politician in America belonged to the Democratic-Republican Party. en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2/24/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

Donwhite,
thanks a lot for your well thought out and written post. Yes Obama is riding the wave. I am still unconvinced he can go all the way, but will find out soon enough.
As to getting rid of Hillerys campaign manager, I did find this. Maby the manager will be next.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think Obama's base of support is volitile.

Obama's popularity reminds me of Beatlemania or the hysteria that followed Elvis through his early career.

Sooner or later, some Democrat is going to have to define change.

Everytime I see one of those signs calling for change, I want to reach into my pockets to see if I have any to spare.

To paraphrase Darryl Waltrip, What are we going to change and what are we going to change it to?

So far, no one's talking turkey.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Unless a miracle happens, and I'm talking "parting of the Red Sea"-type miracle here, I don't see her winning the nomination.

Obama needs to start defining what these "changes" are going to be, and more importantly, how he's going to implement and pay for these "changes".

She's done, IMHO. Were I Obama, I'd ignore her, and begin running against McCain. Treat her like the non-presidential entity she is...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Sooner or later, some Democrat is going to have to define change.

I think that statement you made is about right on the money. Every time the natives get restless some politician comes along to represent change. This time it seems it is Obama.
I agree he will have to be laying out these changes very soon to have a shot at the office. With regards to that I have a feeling his path will follow that of Perot. Meaning he will get enough votes to keep one of the other candidates out of office.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

She's done, IMHO. Were I Obama, I'd ignore her, and begin running against McCain. Treat her like the non-presidential entity she is...

I think you may be right about paying the atenshon to McCain. I will definitely not rule out Hillery yet though. Do not forget she is top notch at playing politics. Dollar to donuts she still has more the one ace up here sleeve.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hear is another suprising turn of events in this campain. If you have followed this thread from the begining you know I never thought it was going to go this way.

Hillary Clinton has lost a prominent black supporter, Democratic Congressman and civil rights leader John Lewis, to her rival Barack Obama.
The defection comes the day after the two main Democratic presidential candidates clashed in a TV debate.

Neither candidate landed a killer blow, but correspondents say Mrs Clinton failed to stop Mr Obama's momentum.

Mrs Clinton has been struggling to revive her campaign before critical primaries in Ohio and Texas.
bbc

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Clinton is dead in the water, in my opinion.

She has demonstrated a complete lack of leadership and the willingness to take responsibility for her own actions.

I couldn't believe it when I heard her in a debate with Obama complain because she always gets asked the first question and alluded to the SNL skit that spoofed the media's Obamamania.

Whine, weep, bitch, blame.

These are not the characteristics of leadership.

If Hillary got elected, we'd get more Billery, because Bill just won't be able to keep his nose out of official business and Hillary won't know whether to weep, whine, or wind her watch.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpliedChaos

DON I for one am very proud to be Democrat for the exact same reasons . . As far as the draft though I don't believe in the draft but I believe that if we were to have a draft and some of the cogressmen/womens children had to go to war they would think more carefully about the choices they make.

Our problem is having a FAIR draft. We look back with nostalgia at the draft in World War 2 failing to keep in mind almost every man was drafted. The US population in 1940 was 130 million. We drafted 16 million men into the Armed Forces over the whole war. That's got to be darned near everyone. There were 13 million men in uniform when the war ended in September, 1945. In early 1945, my 41 year old married father of 2 children was reclassified from 3A - war industry deferment - to 1B, next in line to 1A, which is about to go status. One of my uncles saw his 4th son out of 4 drafted into the Army. Soldiers by the 1000s were riding trains from the Atlantic coast - coming from Europe - to the West Coast - getting in line and ready to go to Japan. We had already sustained 295,000 KIA up to that time and were anticipating 500,000 KIA in Japan.

Today, we have about 32,000,000 men and women in the draft age range of 18 - 26 years old. If we had a draft Armed Forces, we'd need about 2-3 million under arms. So the problem is how do you FORCE ever 10th person to accept a 2 or 3 years compulsory service? We do not know how to do that which is why we are into a volunteer armed forces. We tried the cop-out lottery method in the Vietnam era but that was compromised by all the kinds of deferments one - especially the R&Fs - could obtain. It's a problem but it could be solved. I believe.

[edit on 2/28/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted by Murcielago
ok. I kinda jumped around through some of your points ... but now I have a few questions for you "don"

1. What’s your view on the Iraq war ... and if your in favor of a early exit, when? & your strategy?

I’m reading a book, “The Assassins Gate: America in Iraq” by George Packer which recounts the inadequacy of our preparations in the run-up to the Iraqi War. Especially revealing is his re-telling the lack of coordination between Defense and State.

America’s intervention in the Middle East has upset the balance of power reached over the decades first starting in 1920-1922 which was the time when today’s borders were drawn. Then came the 1948 insertion of the Jewish survivors of the European Holocaust into the region taking land already possessed by others.

Today, Iran is the most populated and most tragic country in the region. If we leave Iraq precipitously, without reaching an understanding with Iran, we will surrender the region to Iranian hegemony. That would not be Armageddon per se but it is not our intention either. Yet I cannot shake the notion that our very presence in Iraq is counter productive.

I’d say this. If we don’t have a GOOD plan, openly arrived at, publicly debated, with many inputs, then we need to leave ASAP. There is nothing to be gained by more blundering around. If we do have a good plan how to 1) establish security, and 2) let the Iraqi decide what kind of government they want, then I’d be willing to stay a few more months to see if it is really going to work. I believe it will. Or can.

Part of the reason the Iraqi will not reach an accommodation is that we are throwing away $2 b. a week in Iraq. Aside from being worse that ridiculous we are making it too rewarding for anyone to want us to leave. Chaos for those in power is like GOLD!

2. Illegal immigrants? what would you do about them?

First, many undocumented workers here do NOT want to be US citizens. They do want to work here legally. Next, we cannot compel or force 12 million people to leave the country. We need to register them. We need to identify them. We need to give them not a Green Card, but maybe a BLUE Card. Make them legal. Then get off this craziness of putting them at the bottom of a 10 or 20 years long waiting list, and put them in line to get citizenship if that is their goal.

I HATE walls. Instead we need to establish a JOINT border control authority with Mexico. We cannot stop illegals from entering the US if we don’t have the full cooperation with Mexico. Let’s get over it, and do what we have to do to make it work. Employers could send in weekly numbers needed and those could be posted across Central America. Workers could then enter the country, do the work, and go back home to wait for the next call for help. Most of them prefer that over moving here. It can be solved but NOT unilaterally.

3. the possible/probable Iranian conflict ... I'm talking about how to deal with them ... not about the little hostage thing their doing now.

I’m not sure what you are referring to when you say the “little hostage thing.” If you mean the 1979-1980 hostage taking, I’d say that’s over and we need to keep in mind this is 2008. We have little to no comprehension of the psyche that dominates the people of the Middle East. Proud of their past but screwed by foreigners and their own leaders who sold out to the foreigners time after time. The whole region is filled with desperate people who don’t know who to trust. Until we get “down and dirty” and learn how the man on the street feels and how he or she is getting on, we will never be able to deal with foreigners.

The British did just what we need to do. From their time in India - 1700s - to the time they departed India - 1947 - the Brits managed a civil government in places they were totally strange to but they learned how to manage. We need to study how they did that. And then adapt and apply those lessons to America in Century21 if we plan on being the world’s hegemony.

During that long era - when Britannia ruled the waves from Trafalgar to Singapore - one-fifth to one-third of the graduates of Oxford and Cambridge went abroad, to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Rhodesia, the Caribbean and to India, the Jewel in the Crown. Most of them stayed on in their chosen countries, for their whole working life. 20-30 years. If you want to rule the earth, you must be in a place long enough to not only learn the language, but to learn the culture as well. You cannot do that on a 12 months tour. It's up to us.

[edit on 2/28/2008 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join