It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scrub

Your doing alot of typing about the government tending to only whites which is totally wrong but isn't also wrong to tend only to blacks what I'm saying is that it should be government for the PEOPLE that right all people

Dude, before the civil rights movement, gov was only for white people. It took people like Rosa Parks and MLK to promote change. Gov IS for all people, but not all the people are represented equally.

I will say it again: Black communities have the highest level of poverty as a percentage of their population - this is unacceptable. Why do you have a problem with people trying to level the playing field for the black community? Do you not want them to advance and have the same opportunities as us???

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun
Dont you dare bring your kids into this discussion - that is pety and has no bearing in here. Nothing that is being done in regards to the black caucus will hamper their progress in ANY way.

First off don't tell me when to bring up my kids, second it has bearing because the black caucus may not hamper them but it creates seperation in their mind. Black from white

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

First off don't tell me when to bring up my kids, second it has bearing because the black caucus may not hamper them but it creates seperation in their mind. Black from white

I was saying that as I dont like the sympathy card played (think of the kids!)

If your childeren are raised with separation in their mind, I would look in the mirror as the possible cause. Educate your child on how things are and why things are. Not on how you want them to be.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Another point, on black from white - if you dont want that separation, then we need the NAACP and the black caucus to get rid of the separation as well as any other group who realizes the uneven opportunities between black and white. Until then, we are only lying to ourselves saying everything is fine the way it is.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The purpose of the black caucus is to ensure that the black communities have the FULL ATTENTION and support of the black caucus.

If white people are in positions of power and racism still exists today, then people are discriminated against based on the color of their skin.

Obviously the purpose of the black caucus is to give full attention and support of the black community and no one else or else the black caucus would not discriminate against white people.

So when there are no longer any white people in positions of power then racism will no longer exist? Is your proposal then to exclude whites from government altogether so they will no longer be in a position of power?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

If your childeren are raised with separation in their mind, I would look in the mirror as the possible cause.

Here we go so you don't think groups like NAACP create seperation. Then what else does it do it sure don't bring us together.

Educate your child on how things are and why things are. Not on how you want them to be.

I thought I was clear I wanted everyone to be equal no white advancement groups no black advancement groups.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Scrub]

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Scrub]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Obviously the purpose of the black caucus is to give full attention and support of the black community and no one else or else the black caucus would not discriminate against white people.

So when there are no longer any white people in positions of power then racism will no longer exist? Is your proposal then to exclude whites from government altogether so they will no longer be in a position of power?

Did you even read any of my previous posts. I will say it again. Give it a generation or two. There are people still alive today who were alive before and during the civil rights movement. There are wounds that need to heal. Everyone needs to get the hell over themselves. White people aren't being discriminated - we have more representation than ANY other group in this country.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Here we go so you don't think groups like NAACP create seperation. Then what else does it do it sure don't bring us together.

Educate your child on how things are and why things are. Not on how you want them to be.

I thought I was clear I wanted everyone to be equal no white advancement groups no black advancement groups.

I thought I was clear - WE ARENT EQUAL!!! How do you propose to level the playing field without giving advantages to a group of people who have been kept under the heel of this country for 200 years, and then 30 - 40 years ago say, ok we are all equal now. That is like beating the living crap out of someone and then asking them to run a marathon.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Did you even read any of my previous posts. I will say it again. Give it a generation or two. There are people still alive today who were alive before and during the civil rights movement. There are wounds that need to heal.

i disagree. white on black racism is slowly being irradicated because schools, government, and social groups (churches, veterans groups, etc) have been reversing their courses for decades now. HOWEVER, the black community is doing exactly the opposite (and i am not in anyway implying that all black people are racists). they are encouraging the ideas of seperation from other races (not just whites) and putting yourself up on a pedestal above other races. there can be no healing while these practices continue.

Everyone needs to get the hell over themselves. White people aren't being discriminated - we have more representation than ANY other group in this country.

maybe that's because there are more of us than any other group? it's called equal representation.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i am with Sky1. first we must ask why this particular bone has been thrown from the table. Anything focused on in the media is a clue as to how we are supposer to think. we must go one more step, AND THINK ABOUT WHAT WE THINKING ABOUT.
one thing is true, the governing systems have more money, land, and firepower
what the people will always have on thier side is the numbers.
no matter what control grid is enacted, if the population is not in step with it, failure is assured. But if a population is divided, then the power of the masses is greatly diminished.

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO DIVIDE THE MASSES.
AND ITS WORKING

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
i disagree. white on black racism is slowly being irradicated because schools, government, and social groups (churches, veterans groups, etc) have been reversing their courses for decades now.

I will agree with you that progress has been made, however as i said in a previous post, we need to give it more time. Decades dont do squat when people are still alive today. Do you think Jewish holocoust survivors are ready to just get over what happened to them? I am in no way saying the treatment of black people and what happened in the holocaust are the same or even comparable, however it all stemmed from hate. There are people who were hanged right up to the civil rights movement in the south. The republican minority leader wants to repeal the civil rights movement for christs sake! I live in Portland, OR - one of the most liberal cities in the country. Whenever funds get cut to the schools, guess which ones lose money first? Jefferson high for one has had their extra curricular (i suck at spelling) activities cut and cut and cut. Now they are merging grade schoolers and high schoolers together to fit the budget. Schools in richer (&whiter) districts dont face these issues - even though they should as we al pay taxes into the same commons.

HOWEVER, the black community is doing exactly the opposite (and i am not in anyway implying that all black people are racists). they are encouraging the ideas of seperation from other races (not just whites) and putting yourself up on a pedestal above other races. there can be no healing while these practices continue.

No the black community isn't. There are a small group of black leaders who feel at this time it is best to let them represent the needs of their people. We are all americans and eventually the hate will fade, but not enough time has passed. I will say it again - wounds need to heal. You cannot just expect them to say "ok, everything is hunkey dorey, lets all live together in peace and love" - because you and I both know that racism is still VERY ALIVE today. The amount of damage we have done to black people since the discovery of this country cannot be undone within one generation and a few decades. Again - the playing field needs to be leveled. By the way, I am white. I noticed you stated "put myself on a pedestal" in your last post. I dont know if that was intentional or a misttype, but I wanted to clear that little point up.

maybe that's because there are more of us than any other group? it's called equal representation.

Totally agreed. But when a group of people want to ensure that a contributing, tax paying portion of society get their voices heard everyone freaks out. I think it is racist to NOT give them an edge until the poverty levels aren't so extreme, or lack of education, or acccess to public resources. You want to know why we dont have a white caucus? WE DONT NEED ONE!! We have congress. Need I remind you of Katrina? The poorest of the poor - disproportionately black - were the ones who suffered the most. They are the ones that lost their homes, who have been placed into FEMA camps. If they were middle class white people and they handled the situation the same way, heads would have rolled. There would have been such a public outcry that the nation would have stopped. But they weren't white were they? Every dank, poor, run down section of most any city is predominately black. No money, no education, no hope. We have to level the playing field, period. When our childerens childeren are in power, perhaps then the wounds will have healed.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis
i am with Sky1. first we must ask why this particular bone has been thrown from the table. Anything focused on in the media is a clue as to how we are supposer to think. we must go one more step, AND THINK ABOUT WHAT WE THINKING ABOUT.
one thing is true, the governing systems have more money, land, and firepower
what the people will always have on thier side is the numbers.
no matter what control grid is enacted, if the population is not in step with it, failure is assured. But if a population is divided, then the power of the masses is greatly diminished.

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO DIVIDE THE MASSES.
AND ITS WORKING

I am sorry but a lot of the gun totin people of the south that believe in militias are the last group of people that want equal rights and an even playing field for black people. The mormon church wouldn't allow black ministers until 1979 because they believed that dark skinned people decended from Cain for god's sake!!!! This mentality is still alive today. What right to white people have to feel discriminated against?!?!?! They are the ones who have done all of the discriminating for the last 200 years!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i was raised in the south, florida and mississippi to be exact, and was surrounded by deeply racist people, exposed to the mind set, the belief system, and made the conscious choice to go the other way when i was old enough to decide for myself. others can do the same.
i realize many will not give up these beliefs, and frankly all we can do is wait for them to die. but in the meantime we should do our best to steer the upcoming generations that they can decide what they believe for themselves. this national attention just fuels the longevity of said beliefs. the same is true of the caucus itself.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

i was raised in the south, florida and mississippi to be exact, and was surrounded by deeply racist people, exposed to the mind set, the belief system, and made the conscious choice to go the other way when i was old enough to decide for myself. others can do the same.

I am truly proud of your choices then. Growing up there, you should realize that the problem is FAR from gone. We are talking about a group of people that we forcibly removed from their homes, brought them here to be our animals, our grunt labor - for hundreds of years. THEN, we set them free as second class citizens with no representation. They lived like this for several generations. Up until this time, not all white people agreed with the treatment of black people, but not one white person really made a stand. It wasn't until a woman named Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King decided to make a stand that things changed. These were the first members of the black caucus and it was but a few years ago. 35 or 40 years isn't that long a time, and we expect everything to be ok when they are still disproportionately living below the rest of this country. We have a lot of successful black people, however not compared to the overwhelmingly number of non successful & uneducated ones. I will say it again, wounds need to heal. These are wounds that you will never feel, nor understand.

i realize many will not give up these beliefs, and frankly all we can do is wait for them to die. but in the meantime we should do our best to steer the upcoming generations that they can decide what they believe for themselves. this national attention just fuels the longevity of said beliefs. the same is true of the caucus itself.

Unfortunately, the people who wont give up their beliefs will teach their childeren the same thing and the cycle will continue. Blacks and whites aren't equal yet, only on paper. We have alot more work to do before a black caucus wont be needed. We can start by putting more money and education into black communities. We have made leaps and bounds since the civil rights movement, but we are in no way finished.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
LogansRun,
please please work with me not against me. all of us have color, all of us feel pain, a smile is a smile regardless if its a black face or a white face.
i could sit back, be comfortable, ignore this whole debate. but im not, and im not because i feel a responsibility to own the issues facing the world.
Hand in Hand, my friend, hand in hand.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

LogansRun,
please please work with me not against me. all of us have color, all of us feel pain, a smile is a smile regardless if its a black face or a white face.
i could sit back, be comfortable, ignore this whole debate. but im not, and im not because i feel a responsibility to own the issues facing the world.
Hand in Hand, my friend, hand in hand.

That may make you feel warm and fuzzy inside that you want to face the issues in the world hand in hand, but there are people living in the ghetto with no idea on what hope is. Once they understand hope, then yes we can all work together. I am not working against you, however I strongly disagree with the attitude that people in this thread have. Calling it reverse racism when the people on this black caucus were second class citizens when they were born (before the civil rights movement) or were childeren of people born before the civil rights movement is just plain wrong. If you choose to ignore this debate, that is your choice but I dont think there is anything wrong with the decision of the black caucus - shortsighted yes, but completely understandable. For people to call that racism and say they are a black KKK is revolting and insulting. To even compare this with the KKK - (which still exists to this very day with large numbers) is wrong. Belive me, I would love to see those wounds healed and face those issues standing right next to the very people this issue is about. But that isn't the reality, nor do I expect it to be - at least not yet. Please go back through this thread and read all of my posts as I dont want to keep typing the same info over and over again. If you still feel the same way, then perhaps we agree to disagree. But I will never hold ill will toward a black man (or woman) who resents the fact that he/she was born (or his/her parents were born) into a system of institutionalized racism. That is exactly what this country was before the civil rights movement, and not one white person had the balls to do squat about it before Rosa Parks and MLK.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

What right to white people have to feel discriminated against?!?!?! They are the ones who have done all of the discriminating for the last 200 years!

I haven't done any discriminating and I'm white so are you so we both are responsible for the actions of whites before us?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
im sure when we are all orange, worship the same god, speak the same language, we will still find ways to divide ourselves.
but thats the trick, we FIND them.
and about whites not raising a finger, have you ever heard of John G. Fee? he is a white man who, agaist much outcry and opposition from fellow whites, founded the south's first interracial college in 1855. this is just one example.

here's some more warm and fuzzy...i love you, and there is nothing you can do about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine
......I do believe that in an open scholarship situation, some blacks and minority groups are rejected because of their color.

Wrong! They're rejected because scholastically they don't do as well in school.
If your grades suck, you don't deserve a scholarship. Check the Bell Curve.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I haven't done any discriminating and I'm white so are you so we both are responsible for the actions of whites before us?

No we aren't and no one ever said we are. That wasn't even the point. Please re read ALL of my posts in this thread before commenting again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join