It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Cohen has changed his plans. He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.

Can you just imagine if there was a 'whites-only' caucus!!!!

This is outrageous!!!!

And of course all the liberal news doesn't even bother reporting on this!!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ohhh so there is a black KKK.

Those black people are racists, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I love this line...

"Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer. ... It's time to move on," the younger Clay said. "It's an unwritten rule. It's understood. It's clear."

It's an unwritten rule, understood. Kind of like the rule that black people have to sit at the back of the bus. It's just understood. No biggie...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
oh, didnt you guys get the memo? blacks only is a cultural thing, but whites only is racism. please, someone explain how that is not self-imposed segregation?

back in college our english lit class did a little experiment. we sent out two different ads in the school paper. one was advertising for a blacks only club, the other for a whites only club. the paper had about 50 complaints about that white ad, but not one single word about the black one.

rev. kings dream was little white boys and girls and little black boys and girls playing together as equals. he's probably turning over in his grave.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Appauling.

I remember a few years back there was a convention of the Association of Black Social Workers. It stuck out in my mind because the topic of the convention was concerning race relations. This very same convention the organization would not admit a white social worker to attend the convention. I’ll try and locate the article…

mg

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear
Appauling.

yes, it is. Anything that deals with one specific race should be done away with. black scholarships, negroid colleges, etc. should be banned.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just enjoy a great read whenever one of this black and white issues comes to the boards.

No wonder our nation has not been able to get over the racist issues.

People keeps feeding it so it can keep festering.

I am glad I don't let the littler things bother me

I have not desire to be in the Black caucus so they can keep it to themselves.

But I see that some will make big black and white deal of it.

Nothing more than political fuel.
BTW is a reason why is called Black caucus.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but I do not believe there is a nationally known asian only club? .. Or a Latino only club? ... why a black only "caucuss"? .. What is the point? I think blacks could use whites on there side, many whites love giving time to assist in civil rights projects. For instance, at the college I attend the organizers for the MLK march a few weeks ago where about 3/4ths white. Just doesn't make sense to me. And from going to a high school with 35% black population, they segregated them selves there as well.. during pep rallies there where certain bleechers off limits to whites (well you could sit there, I did once by accident as a freshman but be ready for herassment...) I think the firt step for some blacks (not all are like this obviously) would be to admitt they are apart of a society, not a society within one. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Why in the world SHOULD a white guy be part of the 'black caucus'??

I agree, the organization shouldn't be receiving federal funds if it is not accepting non-blacks.

BUT ITS THE BLACK CAUCUS!

This isn't appaling. Firstly, there IS a 'white caucus', its called CONGRESS. Its overwhelmingly white, and only recently gave general civil rights to blacks. The CBC formed just a few years AFTER King himself was murdered, so it can hardly be claimed that the world simply flicked a switch and ended discrimination against blacks.

The black caucus is not a governing body, its a group of blacks in congress. Kinda hard to be a 'black in congress' and not be....black.

rockpuck
many whites love giving time to assist in civil rights projects

The fact that there are still 'civil rights projects' that are unfinished and on going for blacks demonstrates the need for the blacks that are in congress to associate with one another, to 'caucus' together. Its not a group that is supposed to be asking for help from 'interested whites', its THE blacks that are in congress, banding together, AS blacks, to represent themselves.

The idea that a white guy can 'join' the Black Caucus is ludicrous.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Like a "Blacks only" club.

I really don't care one way or another.
Although it would be cool if they let Cohen join as an honorary Black Man, nothing official, you see. Just a tour of the Grounds, and a martini.

He is after all, arepresentative of a majority Black District.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Perhaps because a percentage of his constituency is black? Perhaps to understand their needs and better serve the black residents in his district. Isn't the "black" in black caucus discriptive of their concerns more than the race of their members?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Boo Hoo, who cares. If you want to join a whites only club with only a few exceptions move to the orange curtain, i mean orange county. This is a non issue and i think everyone should just let it go. White people do this all the time without denying black people entry, we just increase the cost involved.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
oh whatever you white people need to quit your whining. after a thread that opened my eyes to how a lot of you "enlightened" whites feel towards black society.

seriously over the course of a few weeks i have officially adopted the "**** whitey" attitude. It's obvious that in small circles stuff like the kkk and white power music still exist. and it's obvious that white folks still only think blacks are good role models if we do stuff that they approve of. but if we have heroes that are to edgy for them, then they bitch and whine and cry about how we are just pulling ourselves down.

well u know what i think blacks need to band together more. they need to be more angry with the whites because its still shadow racism that's going on, and black kids need to be aware like they were in the 60s and 70's.

i used to feel sorry for feeling this way, but certain things that have happened has really made me more aware of they way race relations really are, and im glad for it.

whatever man i'm done with this i'm glad theres no whites on that commitee and i hope it stays that way.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hey Cohen, didn't you read the sign on the clubhouse?

"No whites allowed"

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
whatever man i'm done with this i'm glad theres no whites on that commitee and i hope it stays that way.

What about my idea that he gets limited membership as an Honorary Black Man.? Is that acceptable? As stated by myself, BH, and others, he does have a large, black, constituency.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Whatever. The whole congress is one big whites only club. What's the harm in having a Black cacus? It's not like their plotting against white people. Talk about paranoia

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I just watched the state of the union address and what struck me was how white it was. I finally picked out Barak Obama and he looked like a raisin on a plate of marshmellows.

This is the leadership of our country and the room was 99% white folks.

The result of the racism that was so ingrained in this country from the moment of it's birth will not be overcome in less than a generation. It will take time. It will take compromise and it will take committees of minorities huddled together trying to figure out how best to further their own cause.

I can't stand racism, it makes me sick. I believe we are all one people and need to see each other as such.

but the karma of our past is going to take time to overcome.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
What about my idea that he gets limited membership as an Honorary Black Man.? Is that acceptable? As stated by myself, BH, and others, he does have a large, black, constituency.

So they're calling it a "constituency" these days?

nuthin?

I thought it was funny

Seriously, this is one of those touchy subjects that I prefer to stay away from. I think to allow white people to participate would only be beneficial because only truly concerned white people would join. However, to complain that white people aren't allowed to join could be perceived, incorrectly, as racist.
Bottom line, if the blacks organizing the "Black Caucus" want to shoot themselves in the foot, then by all means let them. They'll learn from experience.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Nygdan

Perhaps because a percentage of his constituency is black?

He's not black, so he doesn't belong in the black caucus. Any more than a Pole belongs in a German caucus.

Perhaps to understand their needs and better serve the black residents in his district.

The caucus is a caucus of blacks within congress, that is its specific function. It doesn't make sense for it to include non-blacks.

Isn't the "black" in black caucus discriptive of their concerns more than the race of their members?

No. Its talking about the indivdual members of the caucus. Its like the rationale of nationalism, a nation for a nationality, or zionism, a jewish state for the jews. It IS blacks in government.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I believe things like this are created, like many other things, to divert the attention of the people. It is obvious, just reading some of the posts, that it has caused a diversion.

There are many groups out there who would love to see the Nation separated by race, it's the 'divided we fall' thing. I just think that in 2007 people should understand that racism, for the past ohh....35 years or so, has been used as a means of diversion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join