It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Whites arent the only racists, this just proves it what i already knew.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sky1
I just think that in 2007 people should understand that racism, for the past ohh....35 years or so, has been used as a means of diversion.

the people in this country who need to understand that are the ones intentionally setting themselves apart. black only universities, black only fraternities and sororities, black only clubs, black only television stations, black only awards programs, black ms. america, etc, etc.

reverend kings own people revere him so much, so why do they refuse to listen to his words? he marched against "seperate but equal." what are these people thinking?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I cannot argue with that, you are very much correct.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
While everyone's discussing the 'black caucus' there are also 'hispanic' and 'pacific asian' caucuses as well. The funny thing would be that, if several congressmen or senators started a 'white caucus' there would be a media frenzy.

In general I support the 'black only' caucus as they, being African American, would be more knowledgeable of problems etc faced by black people.

Yes 95% of Congress is white, but then again around 75% of the U.S population is white and it's not just the 'evil white man's' fault that Congress is predominantly white. And by calling Congress a 'white only' organisation seems to be implying that you want racial quotas imposed.

Also I don't think that racial caucuses are indictive of a multicultural society.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Chaoticar]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Chaoticar]

Ex

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
All you Non- Racist folks ..............

You all remind me of a joke Chris Rock made .

"You know how to tell who really has the power?
I haven't found any white man that would like to
trade places with me
....................and I'm rich!!!!!"

Check yourselves folks!!!!

[edit on 1/23/2007 by Ex]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by missed_gear
Appauling.

yes, it is. Anything that deals with one specific race should be done away with. black scholarships, negroid colleges, etc. should be banned.

Hmm, so let me get this straight. In your opinion, you dont think that private black people should be able to donate their money to any scholarship that they wish? If a black man wants to help pay for a black child to go to school, I see no problem with that. Especially when you look at statistics and realize that the vast majority of scholarships go to white students. I guess I shouldnt be able to decide what I give my money to huh?

Or that black students shouldn't be able to attend a black school if they so choose? For the record, I used to live about 30 minutes away from a "black college" and I know several WHITE people who attended it. Race has nothing to do with these schools, they offer a distinctive education for those who CHOOSE it.

XPhilesPhan, I seriously suggest that you reconsider your opinions on this subject. The one thing that I think is worse than racism is the belief that the world is color blind. Ignoring that racism still exists is practically condoning its practice in my eyes.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Mezzanine]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine

Hmm, so let me get this straight. In your opinion, you dont think that private black people should be able to donate their money to any scholarship that they wish?
[edit on 24-1-2007 by Mezzanine]

Oh, thats fine but we need a caucasian scholarship fund devoted to caucasians only who do not have the means to attend a university. Furthermore there should be entire schools dedicated to caucasions.

you see my point? either do away with all of it, or allow all of it. No in between crap.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Not sure I discovered...is this caucus for anything in particular? Or simply a caucus?

And yes, racism goes both ways. I've met black men who hate whitey, and I've met white men who hate blacky. And neither one got more time from me...

I don't care what color you are. I care about what you think; how you comport yourself. I care about how you deal with the hand life dealt you - and that does indeed go to everyone - white, black, whatever. But I really don't give a rat's patootie what color the packaging comes in; underneath, we are all the same.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Oh, thats fine but we need a caucasian scholarship fund devoted to caucasians only who do not have the means to attend a university. Furthermore there should be entire schools dedicated to caucasions.

you see my point? either do away with all of it, or allow all of it. No in between crap.

You're not addressing the issue at all. There shouldn't be white scholarships because something like 80% of all scholarships that are open to everyone go to whites. If someone wants to help members of their own community by donating money to a scholarship fund under the stipulation that it only goes to a member of their community, whats wrong with that? Nevermind the fact that in effect, there ARE white only scholarships. I couldnt have gotten scholarships for being Irish and being Jewish if I had wanted to. Now, let me ask you, when was the last time you saw a black man of Irish descent? Because it's definetly been awhile for me.
But anyway, how does it feel to answer my post with no substance and just rhetoric, all while dodging all the points that I brought up. Or did you just miss the point completly?

Yes, because the world operates just like that... in black and white as it were.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Can you just imagine if there was a 'whites-only' caucus!!!!

This is outrageous!!!!

I talk about race a lot here at ATS. When the whole Michael Richards implosion happened, I was told to find examples of "real racism" because, according to some posters, that incident didn't qualify.

Does this count as "real racism"?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Racism will always exist.

People choose to be with those like themselves.

Reguardless of color, though color has binding issues to each group.

Some even who consider themselves non-racist because they, attend a mixed church, or organization will still have reservations if they see a group, whether of one color or of on common theme that they view as a threat.

I know that this race issue isnt fair.

I have kids in college and because of my color they cannot get grants, and their financial aid is limited based on their father. Other kids of different color get grants, even when their fathers are much more well to do than me. They get special assistance based on race.

This is not fair to anyone.

Lets take color out of the picture, level the playing field for all.

The majority of "Whites" are not rich and powerful. They are a class of working people that have the same needs as any other group. Since it is viewed by minoritys' that the "Whites are in Power", and they have organized to get "special treatment', the vast majority of whites have to actually pull a tougher plow to get through life. No special grants, no affermative actions, no welfare (even when your kids need help).

Yes lets take away the isolationist. No "Black only groups", Latino only groups" or any other group. At least in a public forum.

If this is unacceptable, then it is time that the whites unite as a group to gain political clout to get some of the "special treatments this country offers to minoritys and illegals.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

I talk about race a lot here at ATS. When the whole Michael Richards implosion happened, I was told to find examples of "real racism" because, according to some posters, that incident didn't qualify.

yes because a member of another race was actually excluded from something. richards yelling "'n-word'" 50 times on stage doesnt really qualify as much more than a racist rant. Most blacks claim they want an end to racism, truth is, they want an end to BLACK racism only. The rest is ok in their book, hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You're not addressing the issue at all. There shouldn't be white scholarships because something like 80% of all scholarships that are open to everyone go to whites.

stop and think for a minute mezzanine. what is the percentage of black students to white students in the US? i think you'll find that the majority of scholarships go to the majority of students. you wouldnt expect 20 percent of the students to receive 80 percent of the scholarships would you?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

"When I saw the reticence, I didn't want anyone to misunderstand my motives. Politically, it was the right thing to do," he said. "There are other ways to gain fellowship with people I respect."

At least where this issue is concerned, it appears the Black Caucus could learn a thing or two from this guy.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

You're not addressing the issue at all. There shouldn't be white scholarships because something like 80% of all scholarships that are open to everyone go to whites.

stop and think for a minute mezzanine. what is the percentage of black students to white students in the US? i think you'll find that the majority of scholarships go to the majority of students. you wouldnt expect 20 percent of the students to receive 80 percent of the scholarships would you?

I understand your point. Actually, I agree with it for the most part, but I do believe that in an open scholarship situation, some blacks and minority groups are rejected because of their color.

I don't have any stats to back this up, just the personal experiences of some of my friends.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
When the whole Michael Richards implosion happened, I was told to find examples of "real racism" because, according to some posters, that incident didn't qualify.

"Some posters" are always going to say stuff like that. Of course what Richards did was racism. Blatant and clear. Even if it was a joke it was horrible, deliberate racism. He even copped to it. I missed that thread, apparently.

Yes, it does. A man is being excluded strictly because of his race. He was TOLD it was because of his race.

HH - Can you (or anyone) shed some light. Is the "black" in "black caucas" descriptive of the race of the members or the interests they serve?

I'm sorry, Nygdan, I'm not convinced that I believe your response. I think a black caucus is organized to help serve the interest of black people of the community, not to serve the black officials.

HH!
How you doing, girl?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So y'all want the women's caucus to invite men?

What's the point of a caucus at all then?

Now that's a good question...

I don't think there's any good reason to draw lines of division, there are plenty of those already in place - racism doesn't need our help to flourish.

As a white male, there are tons of scholarships for which I just wasn't eligible. It sucked. I had above-average intelligence, exhibited financial hardship, participated in extra-curicular activities, posessed excellent communication skills, and I couldn't get a scholarship to save my life.

Equal opportunity is a simple enough concept, how did it get so twisted? Leveling the playing field by screwing over innocent people? Great idea...

How about that notion that all white folks are wealthy, and can afford college. Can we dispel that myth right now, please? The vast majority of people in this country are white, and generally speaking only a small percentage of them can afford to go to college without financial assistance.

If you're like me, white male, Scots/Irish, you get to apply for crippling loans while a bunch of other kids ride free because they look good on the diversity report, because the scholarship people are more interested in affirmative action than equal opportunity, because maintaining the appearance of progressive reform is more important than actually changing the way people think.

If you have intelligence, and you have an interest in getting a higher education, but lack the funds to make that possible, what makes you any more or less qualified to receive assistance than another person in similar circumstances who happens to have a different skin color?

EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. Not a hard concept in theory, but in practice it seems to fall apart...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think we need to define Caucus.

A closed meeting of party members within a legislative body to decide on questions of policy or leadership.

If it's a closed meeting of a particular group, then a white man has no place in a black caucus. It's still racist (as his exclusion is based on race) but I understand it it a little better. And a man has no place in a woman's caucus. It's still sexist and separatist, though.

If the meaning of Caucus is:

A group within a legislative or decision-making body seeking to represent a specific interest or influence a particular area of policy

Dictionary

Then the white guy who has a black constituency has every right (and I would submit, responsibility) to be in there. And a woman's caucus, formed to represent the interests of women should include both sexes because ALL representatives have women in their districts.
In any case, I think it's a mistake to exclude a man because of his race or a person because of his gender. It feeds racism, sexism, encourages separateness, and what harm would be done? Would it break some kind of black code? Is the white guy going to run out and tell all the other white people in Congress the secrets of the black people???

Loam, I agree with you. The guy handled it with grace and dignity and I can tell his heart is in the right place.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
so in other words blacks get more options then whites...they get there private clubs, their own college funds, there own colleges...and can choose to donate their money to there own race, yet white people dont because of the stero type that all white people go to college. its so old...
My dad lost his job due to a less qualified black man. They had there quota and that all that mattered. There is no quota to give a white man a break and give him a job he isnt qualified for, or get him into a school he isnt smart enough to get into....because according to blacks we get all the good jobs and schools...whatever....it couldnt be because you lost to a more qualified person...no...definatly not...has to be because your black.

most blacks, not all, love to pull the race card every chance they get. They dont wanna be treated equal, they think they deserve better....fine...the bar will keep being lowered for them...it wont help them in the long run...but it will quiet them down.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If it's a closed meeting of a particular group, then a white man has no place in a black caucus.

This may sound true on the surface via definition, but it is not that simple as caucuses actually define themselves.

Caucuses do represent certain interest(s), purpose(s) etc., however one will find the root function of the caucus defined within their mission or mission statements.

In the case of the CBC it is to eradicate African-American and white-American disparities:

Since the formation of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), the core mission of the CBC has been to close (and, ultimately, to eliminate) disparities that exist between African-Americans and white Americans in every aspect of life.
Congressional Black Caucus

If their "core mission" is truly to do as above…this caucus must realize to attain their goal whites must eventually be included in their caucus.

Do not their current actions, after nearly 40 years from founding, make them complicit in wafting the stench of “skinned” racism at the expense of stepping forward to realize the end goal of eliminating inequalities? Hence this why it is seen by some as hypocrisy.

mg

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join