It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is an antichrist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

and that is the self-deluding mentality that makes people like me openly reject religion
when you say that the only reason we can't prove the devil exists is because the devil is too sneaky you set up an impossible scenario

This is going left field, anyway:

I am religious although accept the fact that religion might just be a hoax (I keep an open mind). I think you should not discard its validity entirely as to keep from getting spooked if something were to happen in our lifetime. Just a thought

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judaz_Escariot
Belial wasnt cast from Heaven for nothing.

Do you mean the comet Beila?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Selmer2
i have a similar belief
i think that there is about a 99% chance that god doesn't exist
i go with the odds
however
i think i could just be outright wrong

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
www.bibleufo.com...

There is no reference to a "leader", a person who will "claim to be God", some charismatic leader that will take over as a world ruler, or anything resembling that in the prophecies Jesus revealed to John. The phrase antichrist, or the plural of it, only appears four times in scripture, the antichrist is not referred to in the Revelation, and was actually described as a living human being during the time he was mentioned:

♦ "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. " (I John 4:3)
The other verses mentioning the antichrist in scripture are:

♦ I John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

♦ I John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

♦ II John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Bottom-line; the stories you have heard about this very charismatic man taking over the world, proclaiming himself the Savior, and being the one to make people take the mark are pure tradition and have no foundation in scripture.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Many men have been blaimed to be the Anti-Christ but there really isn't just one, everyone that opposes the church is technically Anti-Christ,

while I respect people of other religion I do indentify Christianity as a negative force since they have forced the religion down the throats of many people

not everyone that opposes the church.....everyone that denies christ and the father.....

if you feel that your experiences with christianity is a negative force then im sure you know what christ had to say about that right?

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. (2 Corinthians 11:13-15).

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I read that someone thinks that there is a 99% chance that god doesnt exist, yet they would quote babel from some dude named Frank Herbert? Whats the difference between the philosophy of men in the bible and the philosophy of men who write books today? Authors today write to make money.... 75% of the things they write is BS because its self thought and they are money seeking.

It confuses me. We are all born with a maternal instinct that there is a higher being. Its when we get older and things dont "play out" the way we want in life is when people change their beliefs. They put their faith in men dressed in robes and ask for a selfish prayer. When it doesnt happen, they become angry and turn there back on religion.

Yes, religion is something man made. And any organization created from man leads to idolatry and lies, because it is based on a single opinion that asks for money to keep them running. However, Spirituality is free and everyone has a spirit. Anyone ca put their hands together and pray...you dont need to go to a cathedral to pray. You can do that anywhere (if you do pray)

Thats the thing about man, we believe the bad and discard the good. I'm not going against Athiesm or the Agnostics, so beleive what you want. I'm no more better than the next man. But some people of today, if they can't physically see or touch it, then it doesnt exist. They claim that they dont believe in anything, but when a loved one is dying, who do they turn too?
I've never heard someone say "Please Satan, heal my Grandmother..." Its also funny that prisoners and death row inmates find "religion" behind bars... but too each its own.

As for Belial, he has many names, Satan is one of them. Satan is Hebrew for "The Accuser". He was one of the fallen that was cast from heaven. And giants coming from angels isnt hard to believe. If there can be a "Big Bang Theory" which hasnt been proven, "Evolution" from apes which cant be proven and therfore remains a "hypothesis" that most scientist reject, then people can believe in a higher power. I refuse to beleive that I came from an explosion from dust and amoeba and evolved into a feces chunking monkey.

Thats why Science and Spirituality can never work together. I wish it could because i love biology!!! lol

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I read that someone thinks that there is a 99% chance that god doesnt exist, yet they would quote babel from some dude named Frank Herbert? Whats the difference between the philosophy of men in the bible and the philosophy of men who write books today? Authors today write to make money.... 75% of the things they write is BS because its self thought and they are money seeking.

It confuses me. We are all born with a maternal instinct that there is a higher being. Its when we get older and things dont "play out" the way we want in life is when people change their beliefs. They put their faith in men dressed in robes and ask for a selfish prayer. When it doesnt happen, they become angry and turn there back on religion.

I'm sorry, say what? I was certainly not born with a maternal instinct that there is a higher being. In fact the first time I even heard about the god concept I was about 5-6 years old. Right off the bat I was sceptic. God and religion has had a minimal impact on my life, I’ve never truly believed a higher being. I’ve contemplated the concept many times, but I’ve always reached the conclusion that it is silly.

Please don’t speak for me with your lies and made-up facts.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Don't mean to be rude but Ladies and Gents lets please keep this thread on par.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

This is what i start wondering after reading around on the internet, what is an antichrist actualy.
Is it just the opposite if christ or is it a name given to some figures that fight christ?
Does it have anything to do with jesus ?

The term antichrist seems to sound like a whole lot but i never seen a decent definition, is there anyone on the forum who could clear this up?
It could be interesting to learn what the term actualy means.

Maybe it is just a term used to give christians an enemy to distract them from the real topics.

Question 1: What is an antichrist?

Since the word antichrist is a Biblical one, any discussion on the subject will include research from the Christian Bible and/or religious sites. Whether one believes in any given religion is irrelevant.

Your opinions are only relevant to the discussion of the interpretation of the research. Deny ignorance does not mean forcing your opinion on others. It means to not only question others’ belief, but to also question your own.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
anti christ blah blah. lies lies

the prophecies where written in a time of paranoia.

people are easily lead, to believe such things cuz they offer free stuff.

I mean muslims live in a society, of little sexual stimulation. Of course they want to die, when they're promised eternal paradise with all the virgins they want.

the jews have a history of opression. off course they'll believe it when it tells 'em they get to rule the world in the new kingdom.

and of course the torah tells us that the messiah is a jew.

just like christian think jesus was white. and muslims think the savior will be named mahdi.
indian hindi think maitreya the savior will love meditaton.
native american who were beat up by white people, prophecise that there'll come the pahana the nice white saviors.

this just shows that people are so self centered and practically just laaazy.

its much easier to believe this free gifts, than to get of your lazy behind and start wprking on the new kingdom.

and in the meanwhile public relation firms use this knowledge of lazyness to sell us all sorts of bad merc.

off course most of us here are filled with good intensions. but instead of gong out and working against the bad stuff.
we just sit here at our Pc and theorize.

the real dragon, is not a person or city or a creature.

It's the system
and the many headed beast. it's the media. and one of the heads is in your room now.
it's your television.

the number of the beast is translated zexus. or jesus. the symbol of the healer.or healin herbs.
the caduceis used by the medicinals now.
romans invented money to deal with stuff. especially herbs.
666 = money. the mark you gotta have 2 buy stuff.

even though the earth is a gift to all. now you gotta work first.

get tired from work.. get lazy.. go home. chill with your TV and be influenced.

I'll tell you who the anri christ is.

It's you. yeah you there reading now.

and all those dumb people who think it would be exiting if the gog and magog war broke out soon.
cuz normal days are just soo boring.

why is it boring? cuz were being kept in a system.
were only the people with math knowledge make the real dough.

and without the dough. what can one do to be entertained?
commercials constantly bomb us with values about stuff = happy.

oh and about the rabbi and armilus..

europe is not the anti christ.
my mom never did nothing to no jew ..

[edit on 31-1-2007 by kashyapa]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yeah, we're going off the thread, but naturally after 3 weeks it will run its course and become a matter of opinions...

Vlad, what I said is no lie. And I also said that we believe what we want. The maternal instinct is a reference between whats right vs. whats wrong.

Killers arent born, they are made. I'm sure you know whats right in society and whats unjust. If we didnt have a maternal sense of this, there would literally be millions of Hitler-like people today tormenting others because they are "different".

Would you harm someone just for looking different? Do you think men like Hitler and Saddam who has multiple deaths attached to their names, just died and that the end of it? No punishment? Naturally, if theres a Hell there has to be a Heaven. If its all a lie, then in the next life i'll do whatever i want because there'll be no consequence.

If someone killed someone you loved, do you think he'll be awarded in the afterlife? As a matter of fact, what happens when we die? -these are all questions that I could ask forever. We all have a sense of Cause and Effect, and the Consequence of Action.

Thats what I meant Vlad. Even if you're athiest, you know deep inside that murdering someone would disturb your soul and you'd feel guilty. If you didnt believe in a higher source, why would you feel guilty when you have no one to answer to for your actions?

Selmar, I promise thats the last time I go off topic in this thread. I had to explain my "Made-up Facts". But you're right, lets get back on the antichrist train.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Judaz_Escariot]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
what isnt a matter of opninion?

facts? haha. lol. proof? mathematiians cab't even proof 1+1 equals 2.

we have a looong history of people proving and justifying all sorts evil stuff.

looking for the anti christ, is just like looking for denial of ones own entanglement and responsibility.
we're all our personal jesus.

but when asked to define the antichrist in a biblical sense.

come on it's easy. the anti christ is a person who on a large scale like christ, promotes the oposite teachings and ethical results.
seen from a religious point of view of the time of revelations.

now then look at the world. who does that then?

we cant be sure. it's all a matter of interpretation AND opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judaz_EscariotVlad, what I said is no lie. And I also said that we believe what we want. The maternal instinct is a reference between whats right vs. whats wrong.

You’re claiming something to be absolute fact without proof to back it up. This is deceitful. Please provide proof for that this maternal instinct of morality you are referencing exists.

Originally posted by Judaz_Escariot Killers arent born, they are made. I'm sure you know whats right in society and whats unjust. If we didnt have a maternal sense of this, there would literally be millions of Hitler-like people today tormenting others because they are "different".

I’ll somewhat agree with you, no person is born more a killer than any other. It is a matter of circumstance and the individual’s environment. If you are brought up in a brutal society where murder is common and accepted the likelihood that you will become a killer is high.

What’s right and what’s not right in society changes all the time. Our perspective of morality slowly changes over time, what’s right and what’s wrong is heavily influence by culture in the society, among other things.

There is no absolute morality, if you claim there is, you’ll have to back up your statement.

What you’re saying does not make any sense either way. Are you saying that Hitler lacked this maternal sense? If he did, clearly, by your standards, he is not at fault and should be forgiven and embraced with love.

Originally posted by Judaz_Escariot Would you harm someone just for looking different? Do you think men like Hitler and Saddam who has multiple deaths attached to their names, just died and that the end of it? No punishment? Naturally, if theres a Hell there has to be a Heaven. If its all a lie, then in the next life i'll do whatever i want because there'll be no consequence.

Yes, I believe that, most likely, Hitler and Saddam died and that the end of it for them. There is nothing that indicates that anything special happens after death. Yes, that means they are not punished in any way in an “imaginative” afterlife.

Why would we need an afterlife to be punished anyways? Why not just have God come down and punish us –as we are doing something ‘wrong’- instead of waiting till we’re dead?

Originally posted by Judaz_Escariot If someone killed someone you loved, do you think he'll be awarded in the afterlife? As a matter of fact, what happens when we die? -these are all questions that I could ask forever. We all have a sense of Cause and Effect, and the Consequence of Action.

If someone killed a person dear to me I’d quite possibly kill the person in question, without feeling remorse or guilt. Depends on the circumstance. As I don’t know of the existence of any afterlife, this question is rather meaningless to me.

I have the same questions as you. I heavily ponder at what may happen after we die. I’m just as intrigued as you are. But that does not mean I will fill in the blanks by reading a book of fiction and accepting it as truth.

Thats what I meant Vlad. Even if you're athiest, you know deep inside that murdering someone would disturb your soul and you'd feel guilty. If you didnt believe in a higher source, why would you feel guilty when you have no one to answer to for your actions?

No. I don’t know that deep down. I know that I have no desire to murder someone for no reason. This is simply because it would not benefit me from doing so and I’ve taught my self that I should do unto others as I wish others do unto me (yes I know, I don’t care who said it). This is to me a perfectly logical stand point. However, there are plenty of people I could murder without feeling remorse. Murdering, even a very “evil” man, might change me for good though. Therefore I’d have to really understand the effect it would

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I kind of sped through the posts, so This might have been said.

From what I remember the Antichrist is one person.
A leader that everyone will think is good including church people.
The sign will show that it's not.
he/she will have the sign (forgot if it's the whole 616 beast thing) on it's body and on it's crest (like shield, knights/nobles stuff).
I think he/she is the one that gets ride of religion and make the world order with the marking of the beast on people.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The force or energy which is polarized in the opposite vibration of the energy or force of the Christ. The Christ is the force of light which gives rise to all life: it is creative, illuminating, and marked by pure, selfless love or compassion. The energy or force of the Antichrist is destructive, bringing darkness, selfishness, and hatred. According to Universal Gnosticism, the intellect of each human being is the Antichrist, because the intellect of the contemporary human being is selfish, filled with darkness and hatred, and seeks to create destruction through the inventions, books, movies, words, and concepts it produces.

Definitely, the Antichrist is not a particular person, but all people. Obviously, the Antichrist itself exists deep within each person and expresses itself in many ways.

www.gnosticteachings.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StormCrow01
I kind of sped through the posts, so This might have been said.

From what I remember the Antichrist is one person.
A leader that everyone will think is good including church people.
The sign will show that it's not.
he/she will have the sign (forgot if it's the whole 616 beast thing) on it's body and on it's crest (like shield, knights/nobles stuff).
I think he/she is the one that gets ride of religion and make the world order with the marking of the beast on people.

I agree
I tend to think he may end up controlling the vatican which is possibly considered iconically as the epicentre of religion. Thus forfilling the great deception.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join