It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is an antichrist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Anti-Christ (aka Damian the movie)is the son of the devil. Like Jesus was the son of God. Where jesus believed in truth, and love. The anti-christ is a master of lies, and brings destruction. From what I understand about the different interpretations of different teachings. The anti will rise up to be a great leader during the end of times. He will be energetic, great speaker, beautiful looking. He will be seen as a loving and great man, the kind of man everyone wants to be etc. He will bring a great peace and unite the world. Thats what everyone will see.

In the background there will be alot of strange deaths, suicides, etc. So he can get what he wants. He will use his powers of persuasion to get people to do even things they didn't think possible.

Then he will become the ruler of the world. (Head of NATO, Head of the world government). People will submit to him.

He will rebuild the famously destroyed Jewish temple, exactly on the spot were it once was. Its currently a Muslim temple I believe. He will get the muslims to agree to this even tho they have fought over it for hundreds of years. (all the Jews have left is the Wailing Wall). There is teaching that when this Temple is rebuild it will be one of the signs of the end of mankind.

Then he will convince the world that he is not a man, that he is God. He will ask people of the world to show their loyalty to him by taking the mark, on their head or I want to say right hand, could be left. You know the 666, ect. Those that refuse will not be able to buy or sell anything. The teaching tell us that those who take the mark, or forever marked as his. In otherwords your going straight to hell. Its why people aren't real happy with the computer chip (visa/mastercard) there are proposing in future instead of a card. I will personally never get it. Better safe then sorry.

In the end he will lead the bad side versus the good in the battle of Armeggeddon.

So basically he's the Anti-god. He's the opposite of everything god.
But cheer up I read ahead and the good guys win. Tho there is alot of bumps in the road.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Anti-Christ, its just a figment of mans imagination, when those who sort to instill a new belief on mankind they came up with the Christ, in nature everthing has to have a balance so if one ascends into heaven one must descend into hell its as simple as that.

The same practice is all around us today, in films good triumphs over evil etc. its all hogwash for the weak minded. Those who truly know do not need this religeous bunkum. Most people are like frightened children, scared of the dark scared of their own shadows, there is no heaven or hell its just a story for those who wish to follow it, its just religeous brainwashing all of it, be it Christianity, Judaism, Islam etc. mind control for the masses.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
Anti Christ

Anti=...1Opposite: antimere.
...........2Opposing; against: antisocial.
...........3Counteracting; neutralizing: antibody.

Christ=...1White
..............2Male
..............3Not politically connected

Anti Christ=...Condoleeza Rice

LOL! Thats funny!

No, the antichrist is a fictitious thing, man or story that was invented by a few or maybe one delusional humans a real long time ago.

In addition to that, there was no jesus christ either. He is actually a anthropomorphism of a psychedelic mushroom called the amanita muscaria.(see my avatar)

Source

[edit on 063131p://upSaturday by QuasiShaman]

[edit on 063131p://upSaturday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I suggest you read the Bible if you want to know the Truth, and please, don't listen to anyone on this website, they will deceive you^^:shk:

If that were true - considering the number of bible readers in the world - surely there would be more discord and even maybe some hint of the 'Truth' from their harmony.

Reading the bible all day long isn't any more productive than playing Grand Theft Auto all day long.

If you want to know the truth - shut your physical ears and listen to your heart. God speaks in a soft still small voice and prefers intimate 1 on 1 companionship. He both speaks and listens.

Listen to God.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Apostasy
1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons 1 TIMOTHY 4

Sound familiar to anyone?

[edit on 20-1-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wikipedia antichrist definition is wrong.

If memory serves me correctly the false prophet and antichrist are 2 seperate people.......false prophet will proclaim the antichrist the son of god thus forfilling the greatest deception.

The bible says something similar

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Biblical texts can Not Be ignored if We are going to concentrate on such a Biblical topic.

We're all the Son's and daughters of Everything considered God and Everything considered the Devil. If God is omnipresent then God is Everywhere including inside the Devil and inside Us, Outside Us and Outside the Devil, simply Everywhere.

If there is an anti-christ a suggestion would Be to look in a mirror.

We are these figures, ALL of US, the question is : what type of world/reality do We wish to create and live?

Responsibility is Ours

[edit on 20-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
your saying there's no Santa Clause either?

I believe in god. He may not be Catholic, or Muslim, or buddist, or what ever.

But i do believe that he/she does exist.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyes2see
Antichrist is often said to mean "against christ", but can just as well be translated "instead of Christ". This an important distinction, seeing as we've already replaced Christ with the laws of man.

This is the one I agree with and the Catholic Church believe in. I have a book here, on Canon Law that States the Anti-christ is a rise of of anti-christian behaviour. It gives 2 examples. The rise of Atheism or the rise of another religion.
It also categorically states that "This is not a personification and should not be personified.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So it seems that the antichrist is more like an anti christian movement

If they'd say, the antichrist is comming, it should mean, more and more people are against christianity.

When i hear the armageddon people talking it seems more that the anti christ is some kind of satan that is going to try and rule over our world.
That just sounds like it is going to be a person.
I gues it would be more like a movement.
Sounds a bit more believable to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
For whome is intrested in the muslim view on what the anti-christ represents.

A lecture by Bilal Philips on the Dajjal or the anti-christ.

Dajjal - Wikipedia

He will be physically misshapen, and will be blind in his left eye. His right eye will be present but it will be dark (black). In a number of hadith he is referred to as one-eyed.ill eat fire and exhale smoke, fly over land and cross seas.
He will deceive the faithful, teaching them that Heaven is Hell and vice versa.
The Arabic letters "Kaf" "Faa" "Raa" (kafir, meaning "disbelieve") will appear on his forehead and will be read by all true Muslims regardless of them being literate or not.
He will be able to see and hear many things in many places.
He will have the power to work miracles in order to mislead believers.
He will try to put man on God's throne.
He will have what appears to be water and fire with him and call them Paradise and Hell: what will seem to be fire will be cold water (or Paradise) and what will seem to be water will be fire (or Hell).
He will claim to be God and will deceive people into thinking that he has risen the dead. One particular person he will kill and then say he will now resurrect him, whereupon Allah will resurrect him. He will not have this power again. In other sources (according to the Hereafter series by Anwar al-Awlaki), a pious man will come from Medina towards The Dajjal, standing on top of Uhud, and courageously accuse The Dajjal of being The Dajjal. The Dajjal then will ask him: "Would you believe me (that I am deity) if I kill you and then resurrect you?". The Dajjal will do that and after the resurrection the pious man will say that he believes in divinity of Dajjal even less now.
Those who reject and refuse to believe in him will suffer drought and famine whereas those who accept him will be living a life of plenty.
Some traditions of Islam relate that he will appear at Isfahan, and that he will rally the Isfahan Jews and many former Muslims and Christians to his support.
He won't be able to enter Mecca or Medina
The Mahdi will fight him in the name of Islam.
He will be killed by Isa(Jesus) near the gate of Ludd'(a) which is today's Israel.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
So it seems that the antichrist is more like an anti christian movement

If they'd say, the antichrist is comming, it should mean, more and more people are against christianity.

When i hear the armageddon people talking it seems more that the anti christ is some kind of satan that is going to try and rule over our world.
That just sounds like it is going to be a person.
I gues it would be more like a movement.
Sounds a bit more believable to me.

I think some faiths within Christianity have personified the anti-christ because it is easier for people to be fearful of *someone*, rather than something they can't see.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The Dajjal is not mentioned in the Qur'an, but various Sunni Ahadith describe the attributes of ad-Dajjal, such as the following (which are commonly believed by Muslims):

It's NOT in the Quran! That means it didn't come from Allah/God - Gabriel didn't tell Muhammed therefore it is obviously a human idea, not Deity's.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam have one thing in common that is NOT our Father Abraham - and that is the tendency to promote GOD as their own - admitting yes, he did make us all but loves BEST one of the three families over the others. YET the bulk of each religion comes from other than the RCC Canon, the Torah, or the Qur'an.

I know all three - I am not any of those but I am devoted in all things to the Great Living God (YHVH, Allah, Jim, or Fred -the name changes but GOD is GOD) and I KNOW that God is simple and orderly and perfect. None of these religions are anything close to those 3 characteristics. IF they followed ONLY their respective holy ordained books, it would be altogether different; there would be peace in the middle east and by extension, the world.

The share one 'messiah' and wait anxiously but their messiah is alive and they have not yet heard from Messiah.

WHY? They don't recognize the voice OR the vision.

Immanuel. God IS with us and Messiah has been born...right on schedule - even the non religious prophets got it right! No one knows this because they don't think Messiah comes to save the world - only them - from the wars they start amongst each other.

War will stop and so will dogmatic understandings. God has declared He will NO LONGER be subject to such and I know He does as He wills.

Love your neighbor for your neighbor is your brother and God is with him same as you. No child left behind.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

The Dajjal is not mentioned in the Qur'an, but various Sunni Ahadith describe the attributes of ad-Dajjal, such as the following (which are commonly believed by Muslims):

It's NOT in the Quran! That means it didn't come from Allah/God - Gabriel didn't tell Muhammed therefore it is obviously a human idea, not Deity's.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam have one thing in common that is NOT our Father Abraham - and that is the tendency to promote GOD as their own - admitting yes, he did make us all but loves BEST one of the three families over the others. YET the bulk of each religion comes from other than the RCC Canon, the Torah, or the Qur'an.

I know all three - I am not any of those but I am devoted in all things to the Great Living God (YHVH, Allah, Jim, or Fred -the name changes but GOD is GOD) and I KNOW that God is simple and orderly and perfect. None of these religions are anything close to those 3 characteristics. IF they followed ONLY their respective holy ordained books, it would be altogether different; there would be peace in the middle east and by extension, the world.

The share one 'messiah' and wait anxiously but their messiah is alive and they have not yet heard from Messiah.

WHY? They don't recognize the voice OR the vision.

Immanuel. God IS with us and Messiah has been born...right on schedule - even the non religious prophets got it right! No one knows this because they don't think Messiah comes to save the world - only them - from the wars they start amongst each other.

War will stop and so will dogmatic understandings. God has declared He will NO LONGER be subject to such and I know He does as He wills.

Love your neighbor for your neighbor is your brother and God is with him same as you. No child left behind.

Standing Ovation!! Well said QueenAnnie!
I am having problems getting people to realise that organised Religion of which ever Faith was devised and orchestrated by MAN!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
interesting thread.

The Anti-Christ means "Against the Word".

Come on people. Jesus wasnt born with the last name "Christ". He was Jewish and had a Hebrew last name. He became "the Christ" after he passed the Secret Silent Brotherhood. For proof, google the Logos or Logos 7. Thats why his teenage and twenties werent accounted for and the Far Easterners picked up where the bible left off because his search for his existence led him to Greece, India and even China.

Jesus was born with the Word in him. Some text say Genesis can be translated "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word is God".

Yes, the AntiChrist will be born knowing he's the antichrist. He'll do things as a child that no others can explain and win over the hearts of many. When he comes to full power, and be made a vessel for devils, he will become a great deciever known to is enemies as the "Son of Perdition".

I saw one of the threads and laughed. Satanist, Wiccans, Pagans and Agnostics cant claim "theyre anti-christ" no more than I can claim to be the Christ himself. The anti-christ wont reveal himself as the Son of Belial until the Temple is rebuilt. The people who claim to be the "anti-christ" are just boasting and looking for attention. Pure evil doesnt let anyone know its evil until the time comes to manifest itself. You think Satan deceives people with saying "I'm the devil"? No, he preys on your weakness with kind words and illusions.

Look for someone born in the Three Cities of Woe. After the destruction of Gog and Magog, In a week and half a week after the destruction the son of perdition will appear. He shall be conceived in Chorazin, born in Bethsaida, and raised in Capernaum.

Chorazin will exalt him because he was conceived in her, Bethsaida because he was born in her, and Capernaum because he was brought up in her; for this reason our Lord proclaimed Woe to these three [cities] in the Gospel (Matt. xi. 21).

He'll proclaim himslef as God and perform all Heavens secrets because he's the son Belial, but the main thing that'll give him away is the inablity to raise the dead. Because the Holy Spirit is needed to do that and evil can't call upon the Spirit to help them. But the Jewish nations will cling to him and say he's the Messiah they've waited for, Not Jesus.

Then the return of Elijah will be seen and he will convict the deceiver, and restore faith in those who didnt beleive the deceiver. Aferwards, the end will come.
~I hope I made sense. I could explain futhermore if needed.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The Anti-Christ (aka Damian the movie)is the son of the devil.

no, the bible is quite literal he is a man

And for others wikipedia is wrong (the false prophet is not the antichrist). Here is information concerning the false prophet, antichrist and the beast a.k.a unholy trinity

IMHO, I think ratzinger is going to be our false prophet concerning the alledged boo boo he made with the Fatima message.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
My answer is in this post. I think I did a fair job of explaing who and what the anti-christ is and isn't.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Absolutely there is an AntiChrist. Yes, there are many "Anti-Christians" but there is one who will lead many astray.

Belial wasnt cast from Heaven for nothing. And it is a known fact that angels have slept with women and bore evil giants. The concept of Belial taking up a wife and birthing a Son of Perdition isnt far fetched. That could be one of his plans in the Nag Hammati "War Scroll"

Yes, the scripture says that if you deny the Father, and Son then you are Antichrists, but he didnt mean "the Beast". He meant you were followers of the beast.

But the main idea is that while everyone is pointing fingers at one another accusing people with power positions as being the antichrist, the real beast is gonna win everyone over with kindness. We're going to so caught up in our own beliefs that we wont recognize the coming of this beast.

remember, he/she is going to be someone well respected and loved by many. Not an evil incarnation with horns and 7 heads. Wouldnt that freak you out if you saw it?

"The biggest trick the Devil played on Man is saying that the Devil doesn't exist."

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judaz_Escariot
Belial wasnt cast from Heaven for nothing. And it is a known fact that angels have slept with women and bore evil giants.

no, that is an impossible to prove religious belief
not a fact

"The biggest trick the Devil played on Man is saying that the Devil doesn't exist."

and that is the self-deluding mentality that makes people like me openly reject religion
when you say that the only reason we can't prove the devil exists is because the devil is too sneaky you set up an impossible scenario

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Alas, that's why it can be tricky to discuss matters of FAITH in a forum such as this. Hard to post links to back up your sources! (haha) Faith is a thing that's hard to prove to anyone, until judgement commences and the books are opened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join