It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1940s Soviet film: Reviving dead dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Graphic Content Warning
Soviet scientist claim to be able to revive dead animals.
According to a film titled Experiments in the revival of oranisms they have been doing this as far back as 1938.

Warning- if you are an animal lover you might not want to watch it.

In the film they show the (supposedly) severed head of a dog, and stimulate it to show it is 'alive'.
They also drain the blood of a dog, killing it, and then leave it 'dead' for 10 minutes before they 'revive' it.
They claim to have a dog they have left dead for 15 minutes as well.

Im calling this film Soviet propaganda. Pure BS to try and look impressive.

I dont believe the head of the dog was severed. How could it move?
I dont believe they revived dogs after more then a few minutes without major brain damage, but I could be wrong on that, but the 'severed' head moving is an impossiblity IMO.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Actually, this kind of thing has happened elsewhere as well. There is a well documented case of a scientist "reviving" a monkey after having a complete head transplant...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Did you watch the film?
What do you think of the dogs head reacting to stimulus?
I dont see how the head could move the way it did, had it really been severed.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I watch the gross film. As scientifically stunning as it was, I hate to see it happen, although I do believe it to be true. The brain (head) is where the nervous system originates commands. If the oxogen and blood levels remain normal, there's no reason, IMHO that it shouldn't work. Cyborg anyone?

AAC

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
YEah but how did the severed head twitch? How did it come up off the table when he bangs the hammer? Wouldnt it have to be attached to something in order to move?
And what about brain damage on the dead dogs? WOuldnt lack of oxygen to the brain for more then 3 minutes cause severe damage, absent of extreme cold?

So you think this is a legit film?
Im still calling it Soviet propaganda.
I would like to know if any of their 'science' has been reproduced.
Then I might believe they were doing this almost 70 years ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
YEah but how did the severed head twitch? How did it come up off the table when he bangs the hammer? Wouldnt it have to be attached to something in order to move?
And what about brain damage on the dead dogs? WOuldnt lack of oxygen to the brain for more then 3 minutes cause severe damage, absent of extreme cold?

So you think this is a legit film?
Im still calling it Soviet propaganda.
I would like to know if any of their 'science' has been reproduced.
Then I might believe they were doing this almost 70 years ago.

What do you mean? You can twitch your face and neck without the rest of your body.

AAc

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
At around 5 or 6 minutes into the video they bang a hammer next to the severed dogs head.
It appears to me that the 'severed' head then raises up from the table.
The only way I can see that kind of movement happening is if the neck were attached to something, i.e. a body.
I think the film is fake.
I also dont believe they bled dogs dry, left them void of blood AND oxygen for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature, and then 'revived' them simply by replacing the blood.
Now, I'm no doctor, but I dont believe the brain can survive beyond a few minutes without oxygen. Lack of oxygen damages the brain. The longer it is without oxygen the more damaged it becomes.
From my understanding cold temperatures can increase the amount of time a brain can go without oxygen, but these dogs were left out at room temperature.
Or dont dogs get brain damage?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
They stated that they added sufficient oxogen into the blood stream. And you don't need the neck to be attacked to body to lift up like that. That isn't a reaction to the sound but more of a result of all the messages getting clumped up, and the nerves in the heads started convulsing giving off the impression it was raising up from reflex.

AAC

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
ah , another unhealthy does of stalinist era soviet propaganda clap trap

there are several such mokeries of science floating around , wherein the soviets make all manner of claims .

all are bogus .

it is very sad to see haldane whore himself so shamelessly

PS - watch the film closely - you never see any actuall evidence of the methodlogy , or veracity of the claim

not how the " severed heads " always have a large towel wrapped arrouind the neck

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am with you on this one Ape, the film is fake.
There is no way that severed head jerked up off the table, it is not possible.
Not to mention the stopwatch they showed only clicked off a minute but they called it ten.
I think the whole film is fake fake fake.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The dogs head sure looked like it lifted off the table to me longer than just if it had twitched.

But it could be nothing more than this type of experiment.

Here are a few other articles on the same thing.

zombie dogs

link 2

link 3

gotta love the pic in this one

New York Times

It's been about two years since I had heard about this story so the original links I had posted else where no longer lead to the story. Luckly a quick google found the story I recalled just not the original article I seen.

Google zombie dogs and you can find it all over though plenty of sources.

Edit: to add remember if they are reporting it to us now (or a year or two ago) they have been doing it with out us knowing for some tiem now. But the film seems fake to me.

Raist

[edit on 1/20/07 by Raist]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I read a British newspaper article recently about a visit to a Soviet research centre outside Moscow in the 1950s. Apparently the visitor was shown an adult dog who had had the head of a puppy attached to his own body beside his own head. Supposedly the puppy head functioned normally, eating, drinking and responding to stimuli like the host head.

In response, US scientists achieved similar success, but this was frowned upon by mainstream science so the programme was discontinued.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Interesting articles Raist.
According to your sources they planned on trying it on a human within a year. The article was written in 2005. Well did they do it to a human yet?

The Soviet film is most definately bogus. As I mentioned earlier, they dont chill the body to preserve it, and they make no mention of how they restart the heart. They suggest that it just starts up on its own when blood is reintroduced.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Interesting articles Raist.
According to your sources they planned on trying it on a human within a year. The article was written in 2005. Well did they do it to a human yet?

The Soviet film is most definately bogus. As I mentioned earlier, they dont chill the body to preserve it, and they make no mention of how they restart the heart. They suggest that it just starts up on its own when blood is reintroduced.

With me being a conspiracy person I'ld say they tried it on humans before they released the article about doing it with dogs but thats me lol. I have the frame of mind that if they are telling us about "new" things it's realy old news to them.

I have not seen any thing stating they have tried it on humans yet though.

Raist

top topics

join