It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Speech, But Where was he?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

The lack of a "God bless" I would tend to attribute to time constraints. Although, given the degree to which this address was probably rehearsed before airing, makes that explaination somewhat suspect: I would have assumed that the President's handlers would have timed the delivery down to the second.

I have to admit, I really didn't notice.

I saw a written copy of the speech before it was given and the "God Bless America" was not on it either.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
His next address will be in front of a curtain. That will be a dead give-away as to how things really are.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, after studying that video, I can honestly say that from an artists standpoint, the man in that video is NOT President Bush.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
where is the video of his speech???

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here are a couple links to the video:

www.whitehouse.gov...#
news.bbc.co.uk...

I'm going to have to agree with the CTs here that something is odd about this video. Not sure what it is yet... The still photo looks like his image was planted in front of a backdrop to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
that is definitely a fake backdrop, like when your parents took you to kmart to get your photo taken and it looked like you were standing in front of a mountain, but you're really not.

The other thing I notice, is that it looks like he's reading something, which he probably is, from a teleprompter.

If he is tense, it looks like he's probably trying to get it right.

Why isn't he looking at the camera? Did he look at the camera on tv?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My previous post was submitted to cover my rushing hither and thither to locate earlier footage of the pres giving speeches from the White House Library.

I have to report that I did not find a single link or video review. What I did find, was the following link:

www.whitehouse.gov...

which showes the pres in close up. Ignore him and concentrate on the background, then look at this link:

www.whitehouse.gov...

Allowing for redecoration and changing tastes in artwork, it does appear to be the library........................but what do you think?

[edit on 12-1-2007 by fritz]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotOnMyWatch
Ok, this has just gotten weirder!

There's another thread similiar to this one, in the 'Other Current Events' forum, called 'Bush's Speech: No flag, no God Bless America'... On page two there's a pic of Bush during the speech, along with a pic of the White House Library... Wherever it was he was at during the speech, things are brown in the background instead of white as in the pic of the WH Library.
The fireplace even looks different, besides the color.

NOMW

Yeah, The planners of 9/11 couldn't match the color of the set in the "secret bunker" to the "very difficult to duplicate" white in the real library.

You guys are denfinitely onto something here.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I didn't notice any of this, since I've stopped watching his speeches. I prefer to read them, that way I don't have to actually focus on him. His stupidity is overwhelming, which is why it struck me as odd that, in the two seconds I was forced to watch as I set my dvr, he didn't make a single mistake. I immediately concluded that the speech had been pre-taped.

Off-topic, but closely related...

Does anyone remember that cheesy clip the MSM kept playing of Nancy Pelosi talking to him on speakerphone on the first day of this session? I don't think that was really him on the phone either. After all this time, I think we know his voice.

I found a link to that part of the day on the cspan site, but I can't open it, so I don't know if it works. Click on "Election of New U.S. House Speaker Pelosi."

If that wasn't him, and now reporters can't take pictures of him after a huge speech... this is starting to remind me of the hunt for Osama. Where is our president? If he no longer wants the job, he should let us know.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
HH - My husband said he heard the same phone call and thought at the time, "That's not Bush."

I just listened to your link, HH. The phone call wasn't in there. (OT - I was really impressed with Pelosi, though) I'd like to look some more for te audio of this phone call. Was it from the first day of the 110th Congress? Got any keywords?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Was it from the first day of the 110th Congress? Got any keywords?

Yes, it was, and no, I don't.

I really didn't know how to look for it, so I just went to cspan.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think that paranoia has officially set in. He looks stressed to me, which he should be, based on all of the stupid decisions he's made. But to say that he is in a bomb shelter made to look like the library.....
..good one

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I watched the video and to be quite frank about it, he's not in the White House. Being a student of television production in high school, it looks to me like he was in front of a backdrop of the White House Library. If you would look at it for a few minutes, you could see that he had a sort of outline at the top of his head an shoulders. Camera lights are much dimmer than what a traditional studio light is, however, if the camera in front of him would have had a light on, you would have seen his shadow.

As for Bush not saying the usual God Bless America and not having a flag behind him really got me thinking about this. That is, what if him and Cheney know that they are about to be impeached and removed and we don't even know about it because it's being covered up in the media.

[edit on 1/14/2007 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Being a student of television production in high school, it looks to me like he was in front of a backdrop of the White House Library.

I watched it on the news and noticed this too. The first thing that struck me as odd is how the books on the shelves looked flat, as if they were 2D. I could have sworn he was using either a bookshelf image as background, or the image was layered on a green screen.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Sorry for asking a stupid question, but was this the State of the Union address, or just some random speech that he gave? Because I don't keep up with these addresses.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Sorry for asking a stupid question, but was this the State of the Union address, or just some random speech that he gave? Because I don't keep up with these addresses.

I don't think that's a stupid question, because he does give random speeches, and it can get very confusing. It's being called a State of the Union address, and the link given somewhere in here for a text copy of the speech is titled State of the Union address, when one saves the link. And he was standing behind his official podium.

Am thinking that because it's being considered a State of the Union address yet has several weird differences, is why so many of us are going hmmmmmmmmm what's up? Plus the fact that these differences are indirect, perhaps meant to send unspoken clues to America. And we easy-chair-detectives are trying to ferret out what (if anything) was meant by these differences. The absence of the US flag behind the Pres. during a State of the Union address is enough to send SOME sort of unspoken message. I doubt it was unintentional, I'd love to flat out ask Dubya why he did that. Interesting that no one in the media has pointed it out, eagle eyes that they are at times.

NOMW

[edit on 1/14/2007 by NotOnMyWatch]

** edited cuz my brain quit. lol

[edit on 1/14/2007 by NotOnMyWatch]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I'd love to flat out ask Dubya why he did that.

But he wouldn't have designed the backdrop himself though would he? So whoever designed and arranged the setting was the one who decided to leave it out. Unless he requested it specially, but then people would find that a bit suspicious.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

I'd love to flat out ask Dubya why he did that.

But he wouldn't have designed the backdrop himself though would he? So whoever designed and arranged the setting was the one who decided to leave it out. Unless he requested it specially, but then people would find that a bit suspicious.

Hmmm.. good point, hadn't thought about that. I suppose having a flag in there would have cast a shadow on the backdrop too. I read here or in one of the similiar threads that the lights were dimmed low so as to not cast a shadow on the backdrop.

Am thinking he would be more concerned with making sure the American public wasn't suspicious rather than worry about those who work for him. Knowing what we do about him though, am thinking it was all done on purpose. Just makes me wonder what was the purpose? He may not have arranged the scene around him, but I betcha he knew all about the 'unspoken' differences surrounding this speech. I wasn't going to watch this speech, but think of all I'd missed if I hadn't!
Just wouldn't have been the same reading or listening to it.

NOMW

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I did watch about 7 minutes of the speech, the first few seconds not a single network was able to broadcast it, that was reported on the next day.

And then once during the speech during the time I watched two words became so garbled you could not make out what they were, it seemed to be pre-recorded.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by goose]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I suppose having a flag in there would have cast a shadow on the backdrop too.

Excellent point. A false shadow would have surely given it away.

Am thinking he would be more concerned with making sure the American public wasn't suspicious ...

I'm sorry to say that the American public, for the most part, are too gullible to even suspect anything, even though it's right in front of their faces. We here at ATS are a small group, being open to suspicion (skepticism) in just about anything we see. Most of America has long forgotten anything about the speech except that we're sending more brave soldiers off to war.

BushCo KNOWS that they can get away with just about anything. They just put it in front of the American public and by most, it's accepted without question. People are too busy with their flat screen TVs and comfortable lifestyles to question what seems obvious to some of us here.

Originally posted by goose
two words became so garbled you could not make out what they were,

We wondered if other stations also lost those words or if it was just our Satellite. We watched on C-Span.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join