It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Speech, But Where was he?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
In his speech fox said he was live from the White House, but he is obviously greenscreened into the White House. Several times his during his speech already the signal has been "lost" and froze for a second or two, maybe due to less hardwired broadcasting equipment wherever he is. The White House is wired VERY well and usually has no problems....

Think hes in abig bunker somewhere? He's giving pretty bad news about Iraq right now.
[edit on 10-1-2007 by Tiloke]

mod edit, spelling

[edit on 10-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Can you give any actual evidence of him being in front of a greenscreen? Communication errors could have taken place anywhere in between the cameras and your TV set/computer. The data is presumably being uplinked to a satellite by the news outlet, taken through their various communications stations, routed to your local stations, and then finally displayed on your TV. Errors can happen along that route that have nothing o do with the White House at all.

I'm not discounting the possiblity that he WAS in front of a green screen, but I haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
He was supposed to have met with some members of congress before his speech. It's possible he's in another area and talked to them via comm-link. I didn't get a chance to watch his speech, but will keep my eyes tuned to any news stations rebroadcasting the speech.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I noticed some issues with the audio feed on the President's speech, too, but I don't think that he was in front of a green screen. As LoganCale noted, the audio problems could have entered the video feed at any number of points between the White House and my television.

It was reported, at least on MSNBC, that Bush was speaking from the White House Library. Available images of the library seem to confirm this.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There was NO American Flag and the space where it would have been was EMPTY.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Not one Um, or hmm, not one mistake. This was not live. Prerecorded. It's unlike GWB to not have a small mishap within a speech.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

And he didn't end with his typical "God Bless America", that was wierd, kind of spooked me.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
He seemed too nervous for it to have been prerecorded. I couldn't hear a lot of what was being said thanks to my children, but I was watching him and just looking at him made ME tense. I kept hoping he would relax ... his breathing seemed really odd. That was what struck me as strange.

Jemison

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman

Originally posted by dgtempe

And he didn't end with his typical "God Bless America", that was wierd, kind of spooked me.
That's right.....Why do you suppose that was???

People, something is very strange here. Worthy of a debate for sure.

He omitted any reference to AMERICA. wHY?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This story still doesn't make much sense to me, but it is becoming a bit odd. They didn't let photographers in to take stills of him.

The White House broke with tradition Wednesday night and refused to let photojournalists shoot still pictures of the president at the podium after his prime-time address on the Iraq war.

As a result, newspapers and wire services had little choice but to run low-quality frame grabs from the video of the speech. An official handout photo from the White House, which most news outlets rejected, was the only other option. Caught in a bind on deadline, some newspapers ran the official White House photo with no disclosure that it was provided by the government.

Source

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
This story still doesn't make much sense to me, but it is becoming a bit odd. They didn't let photographers in to take stills of him.

The White House broke with tradition Wednesday night and refused to let photojournalists shoot still pictures of the president at the podium after his prime-time address on the Iraq war.

There we have it. Thank you Cole, this answers many questions. Conspiracies within conspiracies. So where could he have been?

[edit on 11-1-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Still photography usually requires a flash.

Bright, flashing lights can often exacerbate a number of pathological conditions.

Bright flashing lights have even been known to induce seizures in suscepible individuals, such as those with epilepsy or other forms of brain damage.

That this prohibition of "still" photography is "a break with tradition", in other words, a recent development, might speak to a recently diagnosed sesitivity perhaps?

The lack of a "God bless" I would tend to attribute to time constraints. Although, given the degree to which this address was probably rehearsed before airing, makes that explaination somewhat suspect: I would have assumed that the President's handlers would have timed the delivery down to the second.

I have to admit, I really didn't notice.

The lack of a flag in the visual field disturbs me a bit more.

The White House media and communications staff would, IMO be hard-pressed to have over-looked such an obvious and traditional symbol; especially when the message being conveid to the public needed to "reek" of sincerity and deeply considered policy.

But again, I'm afraid I didn't notice. I seem to have a acquired a habit of not listening anytime I hear GW speak: keeps my blood-pressure from rising to dangerous levels.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I noticed too the absence of the American flag, verrrrrrry strange... Has anyone heard mention of this in all those reports that followed? Dubya seemed uptight, despite the fact it was reported on CNN that he had been rehearsing his speech during the day. He was reading the speech, probably from a huge board off camera. Could be why he didn't say uhhhh or ummmm at all. He had on his blue tie, which means he wanted to come across as the proverbial 'nice guy'. yuk. Another thing that's weird too is that he jumped right into the speech, without any kind of greeting or introduction.

NOMW

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
the lack of the "god bless" may have something to do with his increasingly dropping approval rating and the growing number of those being christians--maybe his advisors thought it may be a good idea to stay away from the whole "god" thing and just keep it neutral---just a thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ok, this has just gotten weirder!

There's another thread similiar to this one, in the 'Other Current Events' forum, called 'Bush's Speech: No flag, no God Bless America'... On page two there's a pic of Bush during the speech, along with a pic of the White House Library... Wherever it was he was at during the speech, things are brown in the background instead of white as in the pic of the WH Library.
The fireplace even looks different, besides the color.

NOMW

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman

That seemed quite odd to me as well. I'm used to hearing him say "God Bless America" at the end of every speech. I even said it out loud when I thought he was going to say it...and it didn't happen. Very strange and out of character.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I just cant understand why he'd use a backdrop...
not the white house garden, the rooms in the whitehouse, airforce one..

somethings not right being he used a backdrop to say such a monumental speach.

he didnt look right.. he looks very grey, very beaten.. and very down and lonley man.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I really can't believe you guys. Your President is an idiot as several hundred thousands of your fellow countrymen have openly declared.

You just don't get it, do you?

George W Bush was transmitting from where he lives - out of this world, on his own little planet!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I am watching the movie of the whitehouse website.
and the entire right side is very hazey and dark...
\
was that how it was on tv?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
I really can't believe you guys. Your President is an idiot as several hundred thousands of your fellow countrymen have openly declared.

You just don't get it, do you?

George W Bush was transmitting from where he lives - out of this world, on his own little planet!

That's the kind of reply that makes me want to close the webpage and not bother. If you don't have something to contribute, then you shouldn't post.

Back to the topic...I don't get why you guys think this was filmed elsewhere. I also saw the glitches at the beginning of the speech, but there certainly weren't any glitches with the background.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by BlueTriangle]

<<   2  3 >>

join