It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Greer at LA Conscious Life Expo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Becoming a mod does not mean one has to give up having an opinion, even a strong opinion, on any given subject.

Just as you can accept or reject an opinion from any member you are also able to accept or reject an opinion from a mod. Where opinions are concerned there is no differance.

Nygdan expressed an opinion. It is still up to each and every individual to seek out the truth as best they can.

As far as i'm concerned this is a non issue.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Agreed; Moderators are allowed to present opinions No matter how "one sided". ATS is about discussion, in a world of half truths an opinion is hard to diss regard while etnertaining the intercourse of discussion. We should Not rip apart opinions because of the role of the characters. Every opinion is respected, accepted, and allowed the freedom to Be presented, even opinions of diss respect, because diss respect and respect are relative to the side of the debator.

Mr. Greer has performed and disclosed some wonder full content in the realms of UFO's and "Extra-terrestrials" and his work will continue untill he achieves his goal or his goal is achieved for him. He is a man of dedication

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Becoming a mod does not mean one has to give up having an opinion, even a strong opinion, on any given subject.

Just as you can accept or reject an opinion from any member you are also able to accept or reject an opinion from a mod. Where opinions are concerned there is no differance.

Nygdan expressed an opinion. It is still up to each and every individual to seek out the truth as best they can.

As far as i'm concerned this is a non issue.

I agree. Nygdan is a human being and as such he has his own opinion. Mod is just a status in the board. As for his statement I certanly don't agree and I'm 100 % pozitive when it comes to S. Greer work. I know very good all his work (I've seen it in Toronto in 2005), read almost everything, seen the videos, read the interviews... IMO this guy is genuine and is trying to blow the whistle.

Nygdan I respect your opinion and as a result your scepticizm too. But I don't say you're full of it coz you don't believe and in turn I don't excpect to be called like that only coz I have a different idea. EVIDENCE IS SOMETHING THE RIPE SEEKER MUST AND WILL RECOGNIZE INSIDE HIM/HERSELF.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Telos]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

And the people just said their opinions as well.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by selfless]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
what about getting back to about the conference.

Like I said I live in LA and would love to coordinate with other ATS members meeting up either at or prior to the conference, so we can discuss face to face and see how many of us live in the LA area.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Originally posted by Nygdan
I am shocked to see that people are still giving this guy the time of day.

I am shocked to see that a moderator is capable of closing his mind off completely to something that disagrees with his views. At least pretend to be somewhat objective

No kidding!!!
Thank god people like untouchable see the light. This is not a lost cause, we have to keep bringing the truth forward and keep spreading it.
I believe disclosure will come from a population effort, not from the US or Canadian Goverment...

We are responsible for making this happen, we can't rely on the congress.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If you can afford to go, i would strongly suggest you do so. I had a good time with him and his team in September 2006 during a week long training.
Worth every buck spent by 10 folds.

I had a chance to see the other side of the man too, which was great. He's father of 4 girls and has grand children already. He's a man like you and I, but has set himself with quite a immense goal...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You have voted untouchable for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month

Hear Hear, untouchable! And to the overwhelming majority of posters on this thread who (dare I say) have more of a clue than our so-called "subject matter experts" having their say. For myself, I made it an obsession to pore over every morsel of evidence the Disclosure Project has presented, researched the back-stories, became fascinated by the testimonies and data presented. Dr Greer is a hero and a champion in my eyes. Yes there are roadblocks. That doesn't mean he is presenting fraudulent information. I've seen it with my own eyes and cross-referenced it with neutral supporting documentation (from a wide variety of fields, not just the UFO field - this has affected our history and the human way of life). Everything adds up. And that's all I have to say about that!

[edit on 10-1-2007 by RiotComing]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I've watched the Disclosure Project many times, and also turned many friends and skeptics that way. I feel it's time to do another one, and SCREW congress, put EVERYTHING he has on the table for US to see. If he has what he says he has, then honestly, what are his motives of keeping it secret still? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, and agree to many things said about him on this thread. But, and a big but, why not make all the information public? Could you imagine the support he would get worldwide?

Maybe, just maybe, it's time we at ATS fought for a Full Disclosure, OF Full Disclosure.

Dr. Greer, if you're reading this, and if you are who you are, well, then you are reading this, why don't YOU chime in and tell us exactly your reasoning for not making all your documents public. If it's soley to protect the innocent and guarantee some people get out of jail cards, well, I can buy most of that, but you must have SOMETHING that does not point to certain individuals that could be brought forth and shared? Yes? Witnesses are great, don't get me wrong, but do you think I could talk you out of some of that foil from the Roswell crash that always bends back into it's original shape? I'd like that.

I really hope that in 2007 there is some worthwhile tangible evidence produced. Something we can all touch, smell, hell, maybe even take a ride in. Many of the people of that era are getting on in age, so we may just start hearing about the Apollo faked photos and videos, the Roswell crash, plus many other happenings of that time frame. Or, we won't, which is also something we must be prepared for.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
In the disclosure project, there are testimonies from high ranking officers from the various services, military men who are responsible for ICBMs, NORAD employees, a very high ranking engineer at Lockheed's Skunkworks, a scientist who was close with Von Braun, employee at NASA etc. etc.- overall, people who have great credentials and huge responsibilities in the military or public organizations.

With all these testimonies, I tend to think that something might be real, rather than comfortly dismissing Greer as a lunatic and a fraud, and his "gang" as merely a cult.

Paranoid Duck

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Becoming a mod does not mean one has to give up having an opinion,

I'm all for opinions, even strong opinions.

But I'm not for an insulting, mean spirited comments directed toward others.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First off I would just like to say--that just like many others already done here, I commend Steven Greer for his hard work trying to get disclosure out.

I also dont like when people attack others, that have done much good work in the 'ufo community'; solely based on what "someone said" and what "I think" .. I've had a discussion/argument when a "jritsman" (I think his name was, here) did just this.

With that said, I dont necessarily, whole heartedly, buy everything that Dr. Greer says. I've read his latest book 'Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge' - and I quite frankly have a little hard time believing all the stuff he says there. (Offcourse, this is just my opinion) but my point I think is that it can be dangerous when someone like 'tock' almost seem like he would give CSETI everything he owned just because he thinks Dr. Greer is a great guy without even really knowing him.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here's what the LA conference promo material says about Greer:

"Dr Greer will discuss the actual contact experiences he has had with UFOs and Extraterrestrial Civilizations, beginning as a young child. In one of the most amazing and moving personal stories ever shared, he will explain how after a prolonged near-death experience at age 17, he experienced cosmic consciousness and found the Rosetta Stone of ET contact: the power of the unbounded mind within each of us. Later this led to numerous Close Encounters of the 5th Kind: contact with ETs initiated by Dr. Greer and later by larger groups of people through the CSETI (Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence) project."

What does all that mean? Unfortunately it means that you need to be a different level - "cosmic sonsciousness" or "unbounded mind" level to understand. It's not like UFO's are going to land on the White House lawn or something. Only people at a different level can know and understand. Normal folks are oblivious and Dr. Greer's information package won't help us, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigThat
First off I would just like to say--that just like many others already done here, I commend Steven Greer for his hard work trying to get disclosure out.

I also dont like when people attack others, that have done much good work in the 'ufo community'; solely based on what "someone said" and what "I think" .. I've had a discussion/argument when a "jritsman" (I think his name was, here) did just this.

With that said, I dont necessarily, whole heartedly, buy everything that Dr. Greer says. I've read his latest book 'Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge' - and I quite frankly have a little hard time believing all the stuff he says there. (Offcourse, this is just my opinion) but my point I think is that it can be dangerous when someone like 'tock' almost seem like he would give CSETI everything he owned just because he thinks Dr. Greer is a great guy without even really knowing him.

I know him, he gave us his teaching. I know what he has accomplished, what he is trying to accomplish. I wish I was wealthier, and could do like the other ER doctor did and saved the Press Conference. I'm supporting him with whatever small means i have at the moment. I do all this cause i hope to leave this planet knowing this will be a better place to live for my decendents. If everyone on this board would simply do the same, do small things, educate themselves and open up, this planet would only be a better a place to be.

There is indeed a lot of wild stuff in his book. Did this all happen? I don't know, but i keep an open mind to this. I could have happen, there is still a lot of stuff we don't fully grasp in this universe and I intend to get to the bottom of this before I pass away.

Remember, we all have our own reality, based on our education and experiences. We just have to get passed that narrow view and open up to new things and a world of possibilities shows up.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdzialo
Here's what the LA conference promo material says about Greer:

"Dr Greer will discuss the actual contact experiences he has had with UFOs and Extraterrestrial Civilizations, beginning as a young child. In one of the most amazing and moving personal stories ever shared, he will explain how after a prolonged near-death experience at age 17, he experienced cosmic consciousness and found the Rosetta Stone of ET contact: the power of the unbounded mind within each of us. Later this led to numerous Close Encounters of the 5th Kind: contact with ETs initiated by Dr. Greer and later by larger groups of people through the CSETI (Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence) project."

What does all that mean? Unfortunately it means that you need to be a different level - "cosmic sonsciousness" or "unbounded mind" level to understand. It's not like UFO's are going to land on the White House lawn or something. Only people at a different level can know and understand. Normal folks are oblivious and Dr. Greer's information package won't help us, unfortunately.

Very simple in fact. By acknowledging that there is a Unity Field connecting all particles of all beings and things in the universe, a whole new aspect of life becomes possible.
This is what Quantum Physics, many philosophies and belief system uses. That connection is timeless and non local. The fact that we localise things is due to our 3 dimensionnal body and our brain. Same goes for time.

Our own limitation, 3d space? To understand our own limitation, check this out: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Greer deserves at least some credit for helping to put our hottest topic closer to the mainstream.

Personally, although I follow his activity, he's starting to lose some credibility since the clock is ticking, lots of time is passing, and he has yet to come up with anything 'hard'. Seen all his video clips, etc., lots of folks stepping up to the podium singing his tune, yadda, yadda... So where's the goods?

As the weeks and months tick by, and nothing new, no 'further disclosre, or at least better empirical evidence (not just 'testimony'), and just another 'Greer appearance' now and then, well, researchers like us must begin to turn our attention elsewhere - we can't keep waiting for Greer to come out of his shell.

So - bottom line - maybe I wouldn't go as far as Nygdan (though I think he has a right to voice his opinion, and I value it for it adds to the aggregate 'mind set'), but am starting to lose patience with the Greer troops.

Thanks, Doc Greer for increasing UFO enigma awareness. But, uh, where's the beef? It's time to lay it all out there... Find a venue (no, it doesn't HAVE to be Congress). Package up your best evidence and publish it. Don't worry - if you've got what you've been teasing us you've got - we'll give you the pedestal you seem to seek. The mass of humanity will champion your cause - but you need to convince us we're not fools for believing you first. Cough it up already...

Thanks for the post - and keep looking up!

spell-edit

[edit on 1/10/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdzialo
Normal folks are oblivious and Dr. Greer's information package won't help us, unfortunately.

Incorrect. He teaches anybody that's willing to learn how to do what he does.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
So - bottom line - maybe I wouldn't go as far as Nygdan (though I think he has a right to voice his opinion, and I value it for it adds to the aggregate 'mind set'), but am starting to lose patience with the Greer troops.

Thanks, Doc Greer for increasing UFO enigma awareness. But, uh, where's the beef? It's time to lay it all out there... Find a venue (no, it doesn't HAVE to be Congress).
[edit on 1/10/2007 by Outrageo]

It very much does have to be Congress. They are the only ones with power that can unlock the technologies that the rogue groups are sitting on.

That's why he has turned his attention to the technologies, getting the technologies out there that will get us to a free energy situation so we don't have to keep polluting the Earth with fossil fuels and coal.

We will always have time to look at crashed ufos, but we have less time to get the Earth back in balance.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok then - where are these "technologies"?

Only Congress will do? Ok, then package up your technology evidence, enlist the help of the scientific community to publish your findings, and then implore your local congressional representative to give you an audience. Is there no University that will validate his technology? A large University has incredible political power and will get Greer the audience he seeks.

BUT HE HAS TO SHARE HIS PROOF FIRST.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Ok then - where are these "technologies"?

Only Congress will do? Ok, then package up your technology evidence, enlist the help of the scientific community to publish your findings, and then implore your local congressional representative to give you an audience. Is there no University that will validate his technology? A large University has incredible political power and will get Greer the audience he seeks.

BUT HE HAS TO SHARE HIS PROOF FIRST.

I don't think you understand.

President Carter was going to hire one of your powerful universities to investigate ufo phenomenon when he was in office, and after this was announced, the Dept of Defense threatened to cancel all their other contracts if they went forward with Carter's plans.

Many university labs are part of the military industrial complex-where do you think they do the research, in the White House?

Greer does not claim to have free energy technology. But the point of his business www.seaspower.com... is to raise the money to locate and bring these products to market.

Locating is not too hard, but bringing to market takes a LOT of money.

So yes, it is easy like you say, but then again it's not. Why don't you contact him to help him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join