It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Greer at LA Conscious Life Expo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Well not to be insulting, I dont believe Greer either. Mostly again for the same reasons Nygdan has already stated. But there's more...

Like the black and white document from several people saying Greer FAR overstated his "briefing" with the former CIA Director, and others.

I'm missing this black and white document that states Greer overstated his briefing, where are you getting this? I want to see it.

The idea that he's claimed to have "vectored in" structured alien craft to within very close proximity, yet provides NO video evidence, to date.

Well, I have for you on this day, video footage of a CSETI event!

Yes sir, step right up, you won't believe your eyes, nor your ears, nor your taste buds nor your sense of touch.

Go to youtube, and type these words.... 'CSETI'.

Omigosh, what do we see before our very eyes? A VIDEO FROM A CSETI EVENT!

Greer also on the show, became very angry when he was confronted about making money off the UFO stuff. Ok, exceedingly angry, to the point where he told the host "you dont know what youre talking about".

I'd like to see the video clip where this happened. If anger discredits an opinion, then I would have to refer to our friend earlier in this post who also, with anger and insult, shared his opinions.

However, as a medical doctor, I think he would stand to make more money doing that than being a ufologist. If not, maybe I should go into ufology.....

Greer claimed SETI was recieving many alien signals, and claimed this info came from an "insider" who didnt wish to be named. My response to that? THEN DONT TALK ABOUT IT.

Hmm. I'm not sure how to respond to that. Free country, more importantly he probably doesn't want to hurt the trust of his contact. If it was true, and SETI was keeping the info quiet, then it would not be wise to reveal an employee who is revealing info he shouldn't be, especially if he wants to develop trust with other people behind the scenes.

Claims? How about claiming the US Military attacked an underground ET base with nerve gas? NOT one SHRED of proof to back up the statement. Another wild statement to generate buzz and sell his "seminars" where you too can learn to vector in "craft" with a flashlight for a several hundred dollar "donation".

Well, what kind of evidence would you need to prove this? A picture with a soldier spraying a can of gas and an alien holding his throat and falling to his knees?

I only need to look at ONE instance with this guy to see what he was all about. When he was on Larry King Live, years ago, he was asked "Does the President know?" (about UFOs/aliens) Greer's answer was ended by saying "..as far as how much the president knows...I really cant comment on that". When Stanton Friedman called him on it by saying "what does THAT mean?", Greer stated he simply didnt know how much the President had been briefed. But it was clear at that time to me, that he was trying to look as if he had some sort of inside knowledge that he was admonished from talking about. The only problem was, Friedman wasnt having it, and called him on it.

Greer didn't want to disclose anymore about that simply because at the time Clinton was in office and Greer was working with Clinton and his aides on disclosure. That's why he was being evasive about it. He told King after the show that very information.

I think the Disclosure project was a valiant effort. The only problem is, is that Greer ruins it with his own credibility.

The bottom line is Greer has shown no evidence for his wild claims. Show me *anything

ok, you said, it: youtube, CSETI.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Just curious - I've been reading and hearing a lot about the Greer-love-ins going on, and though have yet to shell out the bucks to attend one myself, can anyone substantiate:

"...real encounters over the past 15 years. From craft landing in the desert of Joshua Tree wilderness, to enormous deep space vehicles hundreds of miles or more in diameter floating over Mt. Shasta..."

Any photos? Sound recordings" Eye witness accounts? You mean to tell me that Greer gathered a bevy of paying customers together in the mountains with the sole purpose of summoning the aliens and the aliens showed up with a ship "hundreds of miles across" - and no one snapped a picture???!?!?!?!

Uh, ok... gee whiz. I suggest that at the next such gathering that at the very least ONE PERSON be designated to pull their cell phone out of their pocket when the "hundreds-of-miles-across" alien ship shows up and capture the moment for the rest of us. Suggestion #2: Greer should then PUBLICIZE the photo as evidence and regain all of his lost credibility and then some...

just a thought...

If you can catch the orbs, that be great LOL. I tried and got nothing but blurry pictures not even woth talking about here.

There is a video online about a triangular configuration of 3 orbs online. Was recorded with nightcams.

Trip already expensive, couldn't afford the big gear setup. I think CSETI is affraid that the pictures would be misused, and I can understand why. I guess it's also a way to filter out the people that really wants to work for peaceful contacts and the ones that are there just to get a shot a looking at them. Once you are ready to make the move, it's because you have the motivation to make peaceful contact.

This is how I understood how they deal with pictures and videos. They have a picture at Josuah tree of a blueish dematerialized craft on the rocks. Very impressive picture. But, i'm sure you would call on fake as soon as you would see it. See what would be the point of seeing another picture of UFO amongts other pictures?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You know, it's real funny.

There are some things that can be dismissed and no further discussion would ever happen.

There are other things that you have to take a stand on, one way or the other.

It seems like Greer's claims make people do that.

If it wasn't that big a deal, we wouldn't even be talking about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This next CSETI event to take place outside Palm Springs in February is going to be the next book. They aim to go up in a spaceship.

There is a legal agreement form on the site which you must sign on application, stating you will not bring cameras.

Greer can make a good living doing these "CE-5" gatherings - as long people will pay. 20 multiply $700 several times a year is not bad. I don't have that kind of money to gamble on this guy's credibility. If there was evidence posted up on his site (proving the close up sightings I read in his new book) I would indeed be up for it - then I am sure over a million others would be too and the fee would be higher! The argument is that people will abuse the contact protocol if pictures are taken and ET will no longer take notice. This is very debatable given what the campaign is all about.

It would surely be an idea to quietly stalk the group from Palm Springs and take one's own pictures as soon as the lights appear. If I lived in Southern California I would probably do that.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by MagicalRat]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicalRat
This next CSETI event to take place outside Palm Springs in February is going to be the next book. They aim to go up in a spaceship.

There is a legal agreement form on the site which you must sign on application, stating you will not bring cameras.

Greer can make a good living doing these "CE-5" gatherings - as long people will pay. 20 multiply $700 several times a year is not bad. I don't have that kind of money to gamble on this guy's credibility. If there was evidence posted up on his site (proving the close up sightings I read in his new book) I would indeed be up for it - then I am sure over a million others would be too and the fee would be higher! The argument is that people will abuse the contact protocol if pictures are taken and ET will no longer take notice. This is very debatable given what the campaign is all about.

It would surely be an idea to quietly stalk the group from Palm Springs and take one's own pictures as soon as the lights appear. If I lived in Southern California I would probably do that.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by MagicalRat]

You have to understand that the whole Disclosure Project process is privately financed. There is immense travel cost, publication cost and setup cost. They probably have employees full time working on setting up the meetings, distributing the documentation, documenting, etc... And i'm not even covering everything here.

Do i have to remind you the cost of flying across the atlantic ocean to go in france, lodging? Or the cost associated with publishing the documentation to congressmen?

Please, see at the bottom of things before you make speculative remarks.

You'll see that money can be quickly spent.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Why don't they ever update their site. Are they still trying to get open-door hearings in congress?

Good freakin' point.

You would think an organization charging $700 for some kind of "summer camp" with disclosure agreements and everything would update their site once in a while.

Not only update it, but upGRADE it. It's a real piece of garbage in terms of web design and aesthetics. This is coming from a web designer's point of view.

If you want to be taken seriously, present yourself in a serious manner.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Disclosure Project is very beneficial and it's very interesting and I've read up on it a lot, but the whole CSETI rip off of SETI is a bit outlandish.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Outrageo seems to take the most open-minded, yet scientifc, viewpoint on Greer - we should watch the evidence and way the facts - but we should not except outrageous claims without significant evidence.

Greer has indeed raised awareness for UFOlogy - and that is no small feat.

However - it seems likely he is either now - or has always been - compromised (or an opportunist)

The facts are we need to support groups that are willing to work with the ameteur UFOlogy community and not simply exploit it.

I (and I think may others here) would gladly support a group that raised UFOlogy awareness with innovative media campaigns - (like those thought provoking anti-smoking ads) - and who provided an internet library of sorts that allowed universal access to a large collection of compiled UFO evidence and UFOlogy white papers (even if it cost a one time or monthly fee)

We can not - and will not - throw our money away on hippie love-ins with vague hopes of seeing orb's.

And I think the prohibition against photography at these events speaks for its self.

I mean - anyone can release some ballons to become Profit Yaweh - but it will take individuals of substantial intelligence and courage to truly champion UFOlogy - and guide us closer to a real Disclosure.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seifera003

Why don't they ever update their site. Are they still trying to get open-door hearings in congress?

Good freakin' point.

You would think an organization charging $700 for some kind of "summer camp" with disclosure agreements and everything would update their site once in a while.

Not only update it, but upGRADE it. It's a real piece of garbage in terms of web design and aesthetics. This is coming from a web designer's point of view.

If you want to be taken seriously, present yourself in a serious manner.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Disclosure Project is very beneficial and it's very interesting and I've read up on it a lot, but the whole CSETI rip off of SETI is a bit outlandish.

Contact Debbie, see why the website isn't so up to date?
Or maybe someone could propose themselves to assist her. I know she's a very busy woman.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Friends In High Places

Originally posted by tock
Do i have to remind you the cost of flying across the atlantic ocean to go in france, lodging? Or the cost associated with publishing the documentation to congressmen?

Seems to me that with the connections he claims to have to the Galactic Federation, Dr. Greer should be able to hit them up for some assistance.

I have to imagine the Galactic Federation would have some sort of means if they are anything like he has claimed them to be.

At the very least, you'd think they'd provide him free transportation.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
Outrageo seems to take the most open-minded, yet scientifc, viewpoint on Greer - we should watch the evidence and way the facts - but we should not except outrageous claims without significant evidence.

Greer has indeed raised awareness for UFOlogy - and that is no small feat.

However - it seems likely he is either now - or has always been - compromised (or an opportunist)

The facts are we need to support groups that are willing to work with the ameteur UFOlogy community and not simply exploit it.

I (and I think may others here) would gladly support a group that raised UFOlogy awareness with innovative media campaigns - (like those thought provoking anti-smoking ads) - and who provided an internet library of sorts that allowed universal access to a large collection of compiled UFO evidence and UFOlogy white papers (even if it cost a one time or monthly fee)

We can not - and will not - throw our money away on hippie love-ins with vague hopes of seeing orb's.

And I think the prohibition against photography at these events speaks for its self.

I mean - anyone can release some ballons to become Profit Yaweh - but it will take individuals of substantial intelligence and courage to truly champion UFOlogy - and guide us closer to a real Disclosure.

I asked him why they had such rules. He said he didn't want Mr. Joblo come to the training, take pictures and videos and then turn around, make a huge amount of money on that simply because he doesn't believe the subject should be abused, but rather peaceful used.

If you wonder why they do all this, why don't you ask the CSETI coordinator? I'm sure she would be more than willing to answer your questions.

Regarding the Website, you guys raised a good point and i'm going to talk to her and see if they have any resources for upgrading it.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
c3hamby-
I've seen that film before. Unfortunately it's not what we're asking for. Greer has claimed structured objects and has never shown proof of that. You would call this close proximity? I can shoot satellites all night too. Airplanes? Plenty. This footage is not what I'm talking about, in reference to Greers claims.

Here's the document I refer to in his overstating his "briefing". Sounds like nothing but casual dinner conversation brought up and forgetten just as easy.
www.ufowatchdog.com...

You state: "If it was true, and SETI was keeping the info quiet, then it would not be wise to reveal an employee who is revealing info he shouldn't be, especially if he wants to develop trust with other people behind the scenes."

Easy then. Dont bring it up. He has no proof, and such claims are irresponcible to make, it's that simple. When you have proof of such, youre in the clear to talk about it.

"Well, what kind of evidence would you need to prove this? A picture with a soldier spraying a can of gas and an alien holding his throat and falling to his knees?"

Same as above. Outlandish statement, akin to Dulce, and no proof of such an event. If he's dealing in facts as he claims, prove it. Period.

"Greer didn't want to disclose anymore about that simply because at the time Clinton was in office and Greer was working with Clinton and his aides on disclosure. That's why he was being evasive about it. He told King after the show that very information."

What? An no doubt you have proof of such a thing right? Or is this Greer's statement? No, he got caught trying to put some air forward that he was "in the know" as he always does, and stated he had no idea how much the president was briefed. When you have a statement from Clinton or a verified statement from an aide, lemme know.

And, like I said, anytime they wanna show one of these close proximity objects on video, I'm sure we'd all be interested. Until then it's hot air.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by jritzmann]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Then why would a sitting CIA Director be having dinner with greer is what i'd like to know--talk about baseball? Read between the lines..

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Comrades In Arms

Originally posted by DigThat
Then why would a sitting CIA Director be having dinner with greer is what i'd like to know--talk about baseball? Read between the lines..

Maybe talk about the next strategy for making the "UFO community" look even more ridiculous than it already does?

I cannot know Dr. Greer's motivations and, despite my sarcasm about the Galactic Federation, don't wish to ascribe to him any malicious intent. But his track record speaks for itself.

What's the purpose of holding a major press conference, bringing forth all sorts of credible witnesses, presenting himself as a spokesman for disclosure and then summarily torpedoing the whole thing by railing against missile defense systems because they threaten the "Galactic Federation", if not to make everyone involved look like idiots?

And if that were his only contribution, it would be enough. But he certainly didn't stop there, and has done a wonderful job of discrediting the very idea of sane research of unidentified phenomena.

Misdirection, disinformation, deflection.

These are the kinds of things I would expect him to discuss with a sitting Director of Central Intelligence.

If I'm wrong, I would certainly welcome some more disclosure from Dr. Greer himself.

For someone so ostentatiously devoted to badgering others into openness, he seems to have no trouble keeping his own affairs secret.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Read the letter. Simply put, it was nothing but a dinner party, and by chance they were seated together. I got the feeling it was a charity party of sorts, or Gala. I dont know if Greer made the effort to get seated there or not. I myself have been to more then a few charity Galas, and been seated at the same table with notables too...big deal. Some tables can be as many as 12 people or more depending on the party.

The bottom line is the letter speaks for itself in the way of Greer's credibility.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If everybody that believes in UFO's wants to really get the mainstream press looking into the matter, they should all get together for a protest. No, not at the Whitehouse...

Imagine hundreds of people holding picket signs marching accross the border signs at Area 51! With mass media coming, they are not going to start shooting into the croud. And even if they never actually cross the signs, the media would be all over it thinking it was really going to happen. At worst this would bring to light the mass interest in the subject.

Dr. Greer can be there with a mic and doing interviews or whatever. Get Stanton, Lazar, Davenport, the whole damned party!

Who the hell says we are supposed to wait for "contact"? Let's go after them where they live!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miah
If everybody that believes in UFO's wants to really get the mainstream press looking into the matter, they should all get together for a protest. No, not at the Whitehouse...

Imagine hundreds of people holding picket signs marching accross the border signs at Area 51! With mass media coming, they are not going to start shooting into the croud. And even if they never actually cross the signs, the media would be all over it thinking it was really going to happen. At worst this would bring to light the mass interest in the subject.

Dr. Greer can be there with a mic and doing interviews or whatever. Get Stanton, Lazar, Davenport, the whole damned party!

Who the hell says we are supposed to wait for "contact"? Let's go after them where they live!
ROFL, That would be quite an sight I must tell you.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The Last Supper

The bottom line is the letter speaks for itself in the way of Greer's credibility.

Unless, of course, that is all part of a CIA plot to discredit Dr. Greer.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The Last Supper

Unless, of course, that is all part of a CIA plot to discredit Dr. Greer.

LOL...I dont think he needs much help with that bud.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I’m very interested in Dr Geers work and I was just wandering if anyone knows if he ever travel to England and does any presentations. If so then has he got a visit planned soon?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
As it was showed before, Greer charges 600/700 to train people to make contact in high level of conciousness, with aliens.

Its hard to believe when you found things like this.

Sorry for my english.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join