It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Change

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Yes. K.I.S.S.

Why do you say then that "IT" isn't about knowing "christ"? Go into vivid detail when explaining this please.

i know him, ...

You wouldn't make out as though, there are other ways than him, if you know him.

I OWN my own soul - satan does not war with me nor I with satan.

If you from the time you were born, have owned your own soul. That means one thing, you are saying you are satan.

No, he is not alone and neither am I.

Did I say anyone was alone?

Guard your accusing tongue.

My accusing tongue will be dealt with in due time, but only if it doesn't speak the truth. I know this. I'm accountable for it.

You know not who you speak to and I realize this.

I know exactly who I'm speaking with, or else I'd have kept my mouth shut to begin with.

Think about who you seek to represent, not about your opinions or sense of self-righteousness...or mine. It is about giving praise and thanks where such is due!

I represent truth. Think about what you represent. It's not about my opinions or my righteousness, as it is but filthy rags and will burn as stubble on that great day. It's about Jesus Christ. Worshiping him in truth, not spreading lies that have potential to keep the blind blind.

That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. ~Romans 15:6

Amen. One must first know him and he know them most importantly. In order to claim him as "ours".

No, you're not qualified to do that - how can you judge when you cannot see yourself?

Anyone who can read and comprehend, can compare truth and lies. Therefore are qualified. I examine myself daily. How could confronting wickedness such as this not make me do so before attempting to shed light on it.

Then focus on yourself instead of me.

It's not about you, it's about the damage the one plaguing you is doing to you and anyone who actually takes to heart your deceptions.

An accusation based upon theology does not carry the LORD's authority - only man's.

A liar exposed by the word of Jesus Christ does.

What lies? You are treading on thin ice.

I'm treading on a rock that will not fail me, nor anyone else who builds upon him.

The lie that Christianity isn't about change. The lie that "IT" is not about knowing "christ".

There is only one seat on either side of the throne. Do you know your right from God's right?

The throne made by your imagination?

Is your hope not the same as ours - an end to the present evil age?

AND

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

If you reject the new and perfect age which has been labored toward in blood shed in the service of the saints, then where will your place be? There is no 'old' age coming back...only a brand new one where ALL things are new.

I do not lie nor am I delusional. I am not a widow and I am not alone.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
Why do you say then that "IT" isn't about knowing "christ"? Go into vivid detail when explaining this please.

Please read Matthew chapters 5 through 7. I couldn't improve on the vividness of the original account, myself.

You wouldn't make out as though, there are other ways than him, if you know him.

You are demonstrating that you think there are ways other than obeying his commandments. There is not.

If you from the time you were born, have owned your own soul. That means one thing, you are saying you are satan.

No, but we are related.

Did I say anyone was alone?

Yes. Christ. See below:

Deny him, meaning you WILL reside in hell without believing on him, because he is the ONLY ONE who has authority to cast you there. He holds the keys. He alone.

Worshiping him in truth, not spreading lies that have potential to keep the blind blind.

I preach 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Day in and day out, my message does not change.

How could confronting wickedness such as this not make me do so before attempting to shed light on it.

It's not about you, it's about the damage the one plaguing you is doing to you and anyone who actually takes to heart your deceptions.

A liar exposed by the word of Jesus Christ does.

My accusing tongue will be dealt with in due time, but only if it doesn't speak the truth. I know this. I'm accountable for it.

I know exactly who I'm speaking with, or else I'd have kept my mouth shut to begin with.

I represent truth. Think about what you represent.

It's not about my opinions or my righteousness, as it is but filthy rags and will burn as stubble on that great day.

One must first know him and he know them most importantly. In order to claim him as "ours".

Anyone who can read and comprehend, can compare truth and lies.

Just remember this thread, ans your ungodly words, in the days ahead...because you have NOT been a friend to me or my friends and you certainly aren't serving after the example Christ demonstrated. You exalt yourself over what you feel justified to blindly condemn and blaspheme the glory of Christ to others who you should be serving in meekness and humility.

It's about Jesus Christ.

Christianity is not about Christ! - Christianity is about men seeking to either feel secure in their unrighteousness or to masquerade as righteous by virtue of a borrowed name.

Christianity is THE #1 cause of atheism - and that is the reason I'm much happier to reveal my past as Adolf Hitler than to profess a reformed life as a nominal 'christian'. At least I didn't lie, then either. But history is recreated by those who think they won the war - or sit in judgment in places like Nuremburg.

The worst thing will be to be named as a hypocrite.

Better to ride a pale horse any day than to be double minded on record while using the LORD's name in vain.

See you tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

because you have NOT been a friend to me or my friends and you certainly aren't serving after the example Christ demonstrated. You exalt yourself over what you feel justified to blindly condemn and blaspheme the glory of Christ to others who you should be serving in meekness and humility.

I'm no friend of satan or anyone kin to him. Never will be. He no longer owns me.

However the one who loves you the most is the one who tells you the most truth. Whether it hurts or not.

Christianity is not about Christ!

.. never ending thing.

Christianity is THE #1 cause of atheism

The one major cause are ones claiming to follow Jesus Christ with their lips. Yet have no clue who he is, so make him sound as though he's a fictitious being off in ones imagination somewhere.

One can't prove there isn't a Creator anyway.

The worst thing will be to be named as a hypocrite.

No the worst thing will be being "loved" straight to hell because someone deceived them into believing that loving or being good would save them.

double minded on record

I'm a continual work in progress. Recorded screwups are nice. They show I'm outright full of imperfection. Just like the rest of us.

while using the LORD's name in vain.

Nothing was used or done in vain here. If only one benefits and doesn't perish or stumble because of your lies, it's worth it.

Behold, now is the time for repentance/change, the hour comes when there won't be any chance.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

One can't prove there isn't a Creator anyway.

And neither can one disprove the invisible pink unicorn. And we can't prove the existence of invisible pink unicorns.

So, the best position is that we have no evidence.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
And neither can one disprove the invisible pink unicorn. And we can't prove the existence of invisible pink unicorns.

yep
how about all the other things that are in the same category?

like:
odin
thor
freyr
freya
zeus
posidon
hades
ares
athena
aphrodite
herakles
kratos
the flying spaghetti monster
the incredibly stealthy brown pegasus
you get the point?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Queenannie: No, I'm sorry, madness does not know; and if you think he does, you do not know either. I think Wisesheep pretty much explained everything very clearly.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Well if he can speak this place into existence with words out of his mouth. Who's to say he can't make a pink equine that grows a horn? With him anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Well if he can speak this place into existence with words out of his mouth. Who's to say he can't make a pink equine that grows a horn? With him anything is possible.

He spoke this forum into existence?

The three amigos will be surprised...

[only joshin']

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowAmFound
Queenannie: No, I'm sorry, madness does not know; and if you think he does, you do not know either. I think Wisesheep pretty much explained everything very clearly.

NAF, you don't know what i know
you don't know what i don't know
you don't know what annie knows
you don't know what annie does not know

you don't even know if what you think you know is right

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

He spoke this forum into existence?

The three amigos will be surprised...

[only joshin']

Yep. I hope they aren't surprised. Sorta a domino effect, but yes he did. He made the tree that made the seed. The tree amigos, and you and I are the seed, so yep, he did. He also maintains those seed and who they mix up with even if the seeds are weeds that will eventually get plucked up and burned. "A match made in heaven" if you will.

One can look to the old testament and see cultivation and weeding taking place. The trees that over time got so genetically corrupt had to be weeded out so they wouldn't eventually destroy, the trees that were worth tending to.

Ever had a garden? You know what happens when you let a weed grow to about a couple inches tall, and you say, well it ain't gonna hurt anything. So you leave it several weeks. It takes a whole days work to cut the garbage away from the good on the account of putting off plucking it up.

Well under the old covenant, they were plucked up rather early. Under the new covenant, the entire field plot was bought with a price that exceeded the value of anything in existence. The field was originally sown with choice wheat. The wicked ones come in at night sowing weeds in the wheat, attempting desperately to choke it out.

At the end of this season, the field plot will be picked, the wheat taken to the farmers home. The weeds will be gathered and burned.

The problem is as we grow in this field we have a hard time giving credit to the one who bought us. It's called arrogance.

Better be known by the one who comes through with the combine, lest we be gathered by the workers and burned.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The problem is as we grow in this field we have a hard time giving credit to the one who bought us. It's called arrogance.

I don't really think it is arrogance, just lack of evidence for some and growing up in the wrong culture for others.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

just lack of evidence for some and growing up in the wrong culture for others.

He who seeks will find. It's not his will that any perish. Few haven't heard the truth at least once in their life. Unless in a way way remote area somewhere.

Listen to THIS GUY (55minutes) with an open mind. Leave your presumptions at the door. If you dig in anyone's history your gonna be let down, we're all fallen.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

just lack of evidence for some and growing up in the wrong culture for others.

He who seeks will find. It's not his will that any perish. Few haven't heard the truth at least once in their life. Unless in a way way remote area somewhere.

Listen to THIS GUY (55minutes) with an open mind. Leave your presumptions at the door. If you dig in anyone's history your gonna be let down, we're all fallen.

Is he the guy who refused cancer treatment, putting faith in god's healing powers?

Anyway, yeah, I promise to watch it later.

Problem is that all these different cultures have the same system as christianity in place, so children are brought up in the particular faith of their parents and tend to stick to this faith.

Maybe if no-one was indoctrinated as children, they could all pick the best path for themselves.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

o the dr. gene scott
i've heard of him before
i only got 10 min into this one
actually, we watched a similar video in a highschool theology class
he can never refute the point that there aren't any contemporary sources for "jesus"

[edit on 1/20/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Maybe if no-one was indoctrinated as children...

There isn't a man, women, boy, or girl alive that hasn't been indoctrinated with something from childhood up. Evolution is something that is indoctrinated from childhood up in every public school, theory taught as if it were fact.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

There isn't a man, women, boy, or girl alive that hasn't been indoctrinated with something from childhood up. Evolution is something that is indoctrinated from childhood up in every public school, theory taught as if it were fact.

well
if you want to argue that evolution is incorrect, you can mosey over to Origins and Creation Conspiracies

however
one is science
the other is purely belief
one has some sort of factual evidence to back it up
and the other one is purely a set of doctrines and dogma that have been passed down through indoctrination

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

But science welcomes criticism, in fact, it depends on it. Also evolution is a fact and a theory.

We don't put in place punishments if you doubt the validity of evolution, although you might just fail an exam if you don't learn the science. But you don't have to believe it and in the US, many don't - as they never understood it anyway. So no indoctrination really.

Plus, ToE is just one minor part of the biology curriculum. Science also teaches germ theory, theory of gravity, and atomic theory. But they do not cause the same problems with a certain section of society.

But, yeah, if you want to discuss the fact and theory of evolution, O&C would be a good place to be.

I tell you what...I'll watch the Scott video if you watch a Ken Miller lecture -he's a theistic evolutionist, a christian and biologist.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Excellent point. And the choice as to whether to investigate pro-belief or con- is a personal one. I truly believe that any sincere investigation which truly wants to find out what is not known will have fruitful results. Unfortunately most people approach with an attachment to their pro or con choice - and they look to find reason instead of an answer to a question asked within themselves.

I usually take the side opposing my personal attachment and investigate from that point of view. IOW, try to prove something I don't believe - and try sincerely.

I have not been unsuccessful yet as far as expanding my understanding and my personal view. And each time my belief was usually annihilated in the process but was never just a 'switch' from pro to con. It is always a new idea that forms, and usually something I'd never thought of or heard of anyone else thinking of, either.

Therefore it doesn't usually sound too good to anyone else - not too many people are addicted to information seeking and study of anything and everything. It's time consuming. So they just apply the same process of pro and con to that which they hear. Regardless, for the majority of the population, there isn't too much true thinking going on.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i only got 10 min into this one

And your conclusion at minute 55 was?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

We don't put in place punishments if you doubt the validity of evolution ...

Why should you? Everybody is free, free, free and more free to die and be bound in hell. What's the need in placing punishments if your walking in eternal death from the start?

I tell you what...I'll watch the Scott video if you watch a Ken Miller lecture -he's a theistic evolutionist, a christian and biologist.

No you won't, you'd have watched it already. You couldn't slap satan out of you long enough take to heart what the man has to say. If you'd have posted a link, I'd have watched it already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join