It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by holidaystar1
I can't understand how one so versed in the teachings of Christ, who can quote the Master so well, can also suggest getting Him laid.

The fallen know the word, because they were with the word before they were cast down. They know the word inside and out, so they know precisely where to pervert it. It's quite simple to understand really. It's not flesh and blood your dealing with here.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Queenannie: I am curious...why and how could you say something like that?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well....i was aiming to make a point; not going for shock value but you are the first person who has said anything about it so maybe it was rather shocking.

I will try to explain.

Sex is a good thing - God made our bodies as He did and all that goes with that area of our lives to be enjoyed with someone we truly love and trust and who can trust us...and a major commandment that Christianity overlooks (but that Judaism has always keep in mind) is 'be fruitful and multiply.'

Traditional Jewish thought in regard to marriage and family is that every married couple should have at least one child; fulfilling the minimum requirement of that commandment.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with enjoying/having/thinking about sex.
There is absolutely NO REASON Christ cannot enjoy it in the very same fashion that we do. In fact - no doubt He is/was FAR MORE equipped to approach it with the sacredness that truly I feel it deserves - for He was the first human to be freed from the ego and greed and lust and all those negative things which still plague most people!

And if He gave ALL for us...who are we to presume to deny Him a pleasure that we, ourselves, enjoy with God's approval?

How selfish IS THAT, really??? :shk:

It certainly wouldn't cause any blemishes on His sterling and literally divine character! There is no way it could become 'sin' to one who no longer is driven by the selfish drive of *me*...and if all us *me's* are allowed to have sex, then certainly [eye am] has that same privilege; and even multiplied!

Every human being needs their 'other half.' EVEN Christ - whether or not He had children is not even important...but Adam had a help-meet...you can be assured that Christ did, too. It is written in the bible that none of us will have to face the hard times alone.

It is a selfish thought to think Jesus wouldn't/didn't/couldn't have sex - and even more so to condemn the idea that He had a wife/lover/companion!

Everyone is so eager to 'be saved' by Christ and His death....he lived 3 decades before the cross....not many people seem to care about Jesus the person who lived those years and who also hung upon that cursed tree.

I do. I am His friend - not just His sheep or disciple or whatever. Why? Because He is a friend to me - the best friend I've ever had - the only one who's guaranteed to be forever true!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
The fallen know the word, because they were with the word before they were cast down.

Are you for real?
If you want to talk about it literally - and refer to me perhaps as of somewhat differing origin than yourself (and thusly Adam and Eve) - then we sure can!
But then that brings up a problem with your supposed authority on the matter - do you remember any of it? Do you recall those days (before the foundation of this world) and the 'whys' and 'what-fors?'

They know the word inside and out, so they know precisely where to pervert it. It's quite simple to understand really.

With such understanding, why would I want to pervert it? It is perverted (folded, spindled, and mutilated) rather efficiently by good-intentioned (yet unsoundly judgmental) mortals every day, all over the world!

And YES it is quite simple to understand. However if it isn't demonstrated in a practical and literal fashion then obviously it's not THAT simple or perhaps just not truly applied.

LOVE God.
LOVE your neighbor AS YOURSELF.
Judge not lest ye be judged.
Make peace with those around you.
Give all that is asked of you - and then some (give away not loan)!
Never seek vengeance and don't presume to be holy in appearances while forsaking things such as mercy, kindness, and sincerity.
Be THE SAME to 'the good' as to 'the evil' exactly as your Heavenly Father is.

It's not flesh and blood your dealing with here.

That's right!

It is the Spirit of God....of truth...and of love.

It is NOT some demonic cursed entity just because that's what you want it to be....just because I don't run around with or cuddle up to the nominal Christian crowd....and just because I speak my mind without apology.

So if you don't understand the force that moves me and inspires me, then perhaps it might do you well to read and meditate on what John writes in his epistles....and Paul, too.

Without LOVE there is NOTHING.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
No, there is nothing wrong with enjoying, thinking about, or having sex...only when you think about enjoying or having it with God.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
and refer to me perhaps as of somewhat differing origin than yourself

No, it's not about YOU. See that's how demons work, they play a man as a puppet so the man gets the blame rather than the satan itself. Actually the angels themselves would be the only ones with direct memory of the Godhead. The spirits of the previously alive hybrids are the ones who take control/influence bodies trying to posses them because they lost theirs in the flood.

Do you recall those days (before the foundation of this world) and the 'whys' and 'what-fors?'

No but it is written.

Be THE SAME to 'the good' as to 'the evil' exactly as your Heavenly Father is.

This is only for a season and it's nearing it's completion.

It is the Spirit of God....of truth...and of love.

Many fall for this garbage. You can call your keyboard god and con a believer of any faith into believing you are speaking of theirs. Clearly their is no truth in you. If Jesus Christ were in you, you'd speak the truth.

It is NOT some demonic cursed entity just because that's what you want it to be....

This is classic. Nothing is what it is because I or any other man wants it to be. Things are what they are. The truth is the truth. Black is black. White is white. Light is light. Darkness is darkness.

So if you don't understand the force that moves me and inspires me....

It's because I DO understand enough about the force that you are a slave to, to know that it doesn't have a smidgen of relation to Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No, it's not about YOU.

THIS i know. Please, then, quit making it about me (which means: quit directing your judgmental accusations to me.)

Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him.
~Luke 11:54

This is only for a season and it's nearing it's completion.

It is ALREADY completed...but mankind's attachments to judgments, opinions, ego, and 'self-preserve' are prolonging the agony needlessly.

And the negativity prevents clear vision - for those who still view the world in terms of 'good' and 'bad' are not viewing the world with 'an eye that is single.' Even the 'good' eye sees only the darkness when there are two.

The light of the body is the eye:

if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness.

If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.

Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
~Matthew 6:22-24

BUT when that eye is single, there is only one view left and that view is full of light.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. ~Psalms 32:8

Many fall for this garbage.

How is it garbage? Was it garbage when Christ said it? I speak from the same inspiration as He.

And what is to say that it is NOT, especially when it is not just 'lip service'?

I do not just SAY this - I live it. If you want some references, then I'd be happy to provide them. I'm no different in 'real life' than I am 'off line.'

You can call your keyboard god and con a believer of any faith into believing you are speaking of theirs.

Who's calling their keyboard 'God'? :shk:

I call God 'God.' There is just ONE, is there not? Did not that same God create us ALL? No matter what we each believe, the bottom line stays the same:
ONE God, one RACE (human race), ONE truth (God is LOVE and God's law is LOVE)

And I, personally, speak of no one's 'faith;' be it in terms of personal conviction or religious praxis. I seek not to persuade any one of anything that is partisan or particular to themselves alone. I seek only to convince the world that GOD is LOVE and God IS alive.

The faith I speak of is the Faith of Christ Jesus - HIS trustworthiness, HIS love, HIS devotion, and HIS commandments. HIS life. And that is also my life - which was hidden in HIM.

Clearly their is no truth in you. If Jesus Christ were in you, you'd speak the truth.

I do. But you do not hear it as truth because you are confusing your 'opinion' with my understanding of 'truth.'
Opinions are incomplete understandings. I am not incomplete and so my understanding encompasses all souls. God loves US ALL. And that IS the truth.

This is classic. Nothing is what it is because I or any other man wants it to be.

That's what I already said!

Things are what they are.

So, what ARE they?

The truth is the truth. Black is black. White is white. Light is light. Darkness is darkness.

Darkness is nothing more than an absence of light. God is light. In HIM is NO darkness. If you still see darkness, then perhaps you are not standing in the place you assume yourself to be standing.

I see no darkness in you, or anyone else, for that matter - although I do understand that your perceptions are not yet guided by God but rather your own instinct for 'self-preserve' and so they manifest in your inclination to pronounce judgment on me outside of your authority to do so. But that is okay because I know we are all essentially the same...we grow and mature and not all at the same rate.

And even though in God there is no darkness, all things come from ONE source and that source is GOD. Good, evil, peace, and strife. All come from GOD. And God definitely has ONE purpose for all these things...and that purpose is NOT to further divide but to UNITE. God's house WILL stand...therefore it shall not be divided.

But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falls. ~Luke 11:17

It's because I DO understand enough about the force that you are a slave to, to know that it doesn't have a smidgen of relation to Jesus Christ.

No, you don't. You don't know anything about me other than what you think you see in what I write. Don't make assumptions about me when you have not yet fully examined yourself.

We are of God: he that knows God hears us; he that is not of God hears not us.
Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God. He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us.

God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.

If a man say, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he that loves not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

And this commandment have we from him, That he who loves God love his brother also.
~1 John 4:6-21

Now, what, exactly, is the basis for your accusations toward me? You never did say exactly why you assume that I serve other than God.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Now, what, exactly, is the basis for your accusations toward me? You never did say exactly why you assume that I serve other than God.

Well since the "Getting Jesus Laid" horse is being beaten a little in this thread. I'll jump on that.

How can someone who claims to know and serve Jesus Christ make a statement such as that. Having understanding enough to know that the statement is saying you'd like to take part in making Jesus commit adultery with another. The Church is his bride. In other words, you or the satan that is within you would like to make Jesus sin against his bride. This is no comment that would come from any one or thing that is in favor of the will of Jesus Christ. Reminds me of Matthew chapter four.

This simple instance alone is plenty to identify the tree. There's really no argument on earth or anywhere else that can justify it.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

How can someone who claims to know and serve Jesus Christ make a statement such as that. Having understanding enough to know that the statement is saying you'd like to take part in making Jesus commit adultery with another.

The Church is his bride. In other words, you or the satan that is within you would like to make Jesus sin against his bride.

The building or the people? Which building? Which people? All of the people including the men? Protestant or Catholic? OR do both = just one bride?

In other words....YOU are saying that Jesus would marry an institution/building/organization...that is comprised of not only many MANY persons but both women AND men? How much sense does that make - according to your theology and on the level (the physical or carnal level) that you are obviously approaching it from?

Consistency is a virtue, you know! But not confusion.

This simple instance alone is plenty to identify the tree. There's really no argument on earth or anywhere else that can justify it.

I need no justification. But that wasn't what I was asking for, from you, anyway.

I'll try again - because I truly want to know what you think.

BEFORE I made that remark, what was your basis for judging me as below your standards of holiness?

(for I know that it did not start there and so I'm not accepting it as retroactively applicable to your already established opinion of me)

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

YOU are saying that Jesus would marry an institution/building/organization...

NO, NO, AND, NO. This is fine example of the idiocy that resides on this earth today.

The CHURCH is no freaking building made of brick, wood or whatever. It's the people bought and paid for by Jesus Christ. The veil was rent a couple days ago.

Worshiping a building or a man made ritual is breaking one of Jesus' commandments if one has sense enough to see it. Thou shalt have no other gods before me?

BEFORE I made that remark, what was your basis for judging me

The transparency of your agenda over the past year or so, discernment. etc.

as below your standards of holiness?

No holy man exists on earth. If you find one I'd like to see him.

Ok, here's the deal. It was out of my own stupidity that I sparked this fire and I'm putting it out right here. This infinite looping argument could last for all eternity. People with sense enough can see a tree for what it is and what it isn't.

Maybe a side note is this, Jesus Christ didn't come to unite, get all warm and fuzzy, hug trees an crap. He came to divide. Black and white. Not universal. For him or against him. This is not my own opinion, he said so himself, read his words yourself.

As far as the thread topic. If one isn't changed because they know him, then whatever it is that they think they know is nothing in relation to Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowAmFound
How long have you been Christian?

About like you 2 1/2 years. I didn't do like some and mark it on a calender or anything. It's not where I start It's where I finish that counts.

I was raised in a stout religious environment and heard so much of the garbage, I became literally sick of it. Rebelled against it, and in that rebellion found the truth. Once finding the truth, I've found that it isn't what's being taught.

What part of you/your life do you find hardest to change as a Christian?

The absolute hardest thing for me is understanding blindness in fellow believers. I expect everybody to see what's there and yet it just doesn't work that way.

The second, is keeping my mouth shut. As witnessed in this lovely thread.

Long suffering/Patience is a tough one for me, I just want crap over with so we can move on with our eternal lives. The LORD in his magnificent love and patience has endured for thousands of years putting up with the garbage that goes on here to give all a chance at the truth. Something my little brain just gets wrecked over sometimes.

What has been the easiest?

Nothing has been easy. It'll be priceless in the long run.

I found several years ago that a hole was widening in me and I couldn't fill it. Life went from awesome to pure junk over a year or two. I found that this hole in me was designed for the spirit of GOD. I had an empty temple that was crumbling and would fail without restoration.

I didn't change instantly when I met the LORD JESUS CHRIST. Over at least a year, I noticed that I began to despise things that I once loved. Things that I once would laugh at, started literally making me sick. Things that I was some what addicted to started to fall away from me. This change is on going and won't end until it's time.

To one on the outside looking in, those points sound like a bad thing. When one is in sin, things seem so awesome, but after being changed for the better. Looking back you see alot of things you once did were out of ignorance or just out right stupidity. The problem if one doesn't make these points clear when talking to a non believer, it can steer them away very easily. Change nearly terrifies about anybody, whether it be for better or worse.

People think they have to do the changing yet they are the ones being changed all in the LORDS timing. Christianity is about CHANGE. I'm living it, I know it's reality. That's why it nearly makes my blood boil when I witness lies being spread.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Ok, here's the deal. It was out of my own stupidity that I sparked this fire and I'm putting it out right here.

Perhaps, then, NEXT time you will think twice BEFORE igniting it in the first place?

satan has inspired many and is loved by many, if only they could have a glimpse of where he's leading them.

Don't insult me without provocation as if I 'weren't in the room.'

WWJD?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
WWJD? He'd tell you that what you said was wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

WWJD? He'd tell you that what you said was wrong.

i love it when people say these types of things

what would jesus do?
nobody knows because (if he does exist as a historical) we only have a handfold of quotes from him

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Correction: YOU don't know. Those of us who know Him know.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Madness DOES know, and doesn't even know that! But it doesn't matter because it's not about 'who you know' but 'what you do.' How you do unto others, that is. Not about knowing Christ but about doing what he taught and he exampled.

And those so smugly sure they know and revere 'someone' are the same ones who, time after time, encounter that same Christ in another 'someone' and yet treat that 'someone' like the Pharisees treated Christ - thinking Christ is one certain man and so falling into the very SAME trap that's been set for centuries.

Nothing new under the sun.

The Pharisees accused Jesus of 'having a devil.'

He replied: "It is enough for a disciple to be like his teacher and a slave to be like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they do the same to those of his household!"

We have documented instances of this VERY thing, right here at ATS!

And yet, many that read what I just wrote will instantly protect their comfort level automatically with the same old, tried and true defense mechanism: 'Well, that's not ME...I am right and I'm certainly not a Pharisee!'

HOW do you KNOW? What is your other benchmark?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Madness DOES know, and doesn't even know that!

lie.

Remember if we cause anyone to stumble, it'd be better for us to have a millstone round our neck and cast in the deepest sea.

But it doesn't matter because it's not about 'who you know' but 'what you do.' How you do unto others, that is. Not about knowing Christ but about doing what he taught and he exampled.

lie.

Works doesn't get one to heaven. One can live a mirror image life to Jesus Christ, denying him, even if it be with his lips and live eternally in hell. On the flip side, faith without works is dead also. So works along with faith is merely evidence you believe.

What is your other benchmark?

The one who bought and paid for my soul with his life.

The Pharisee gripe doesn't work in this case, doesn't apply. Jesus Christ tells you the same thing I do and you deny it. Was he a Pharisee also? Who is a Pharisee in your mind? Just because the truth rubs you the wrong way doesn't make the one who relayed it to you a Pharisee.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

lie.

I consider a 'lie' an untruth told knowingly and on purpose. That was not a lie.

Besides that - this isn't a subject that can be proven as absolute fact by any of us. To throw serious accusations such as 'lie' into the mix is totally inappropriate, not to mention downright RUDE.

Remember if we cause anyone to stumble, it'd be better for us to have a millstone round our neck and cast in the deepest sea.

I know this.

Works doesn't get one to heaven.

True. Dying is the only way.

One can live a mirror image life to Jesus Christ, denying him, even if it be with his lips and live eternally in hell.

I'm not sure what you are saying here; to live a mirror image is to emulate completely? And then so you mean 'but denying him' or what? I don't understand.

On the flip side, faith without works is dead also. So works along with faith is merely evidence you believe.

No, actually, works from faith demonstrates that one has the Spirit working in them - using the body to do the things that the 'mind of Christ' directs it in.

To believe does not manifest in that way. It is a literal transformation and it doesn't happen overnight.

I KNOW this from personal first hand experience. I probably should have answered the question in the OP about 'how long have you been a Christian?' some time back. While it's well known I do not call myself according to religion, I have been following Christ for 30 years. I was baptized when I was 8 years old. I'm now 38. I haven't ever changed my mind or become an atheist or agnostic or anything other than a sincere disciple of Christ in all those years.

I noticed you said you'd been a Christian for about 2 1/2 years. And yet you feel qualified to tell someone else they are 'fallen' and then call them a liar? Because you DO know? How do YOU know? Are you really so impetuous/proud/prideful that you think you know so much you can judge another as not being loved and known by Christ?

Look at your behavior just on this thread. Not your words but your delivery and attitude. Is that Christ-like? Truly?

What is your other benchmark?

The one who bought and paid for my soul with his life.

benchmark - a standard by which something can be measured or judged

So you are saying that Christ himself is what you measure yourself against?
And you are sure of your answer?

Because I see little, if any, semblance between your attitude and character and His. So easily you accuse another of being a liar...could you allow yourself to be crucified without calling your executioners 'murderers?' That is the ultimate test in the benchmark you claim. Even to be falsely accused of ANY crime and not react with any animosity or aggression is more difficult than most people can muster on their own. Could you? Christ did.
And if you haven't had the opportunity to find out yet, then perhaps you are boasting prematurely.

I am not comparing you to me or vice versa - I am asking you outright if you meet the measure you yourself have set and claimed - as a basis for your deriding me and madness and whomever else doesn't fit your style of christianity or truth or whatever. That kind of thing makes Him look bad - no matter what you think, it isn't about what you think of yourself, or what others who believe as you do, think about eachother.

Be of the same mind one toward another.
Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate.
Be not wise in your own conceits.
Recompense to no man evil for evil.
Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
~Romans 12:16-19

Is it about what Christ can do for you?
Or about what you can do for others through Christ?

Jesus Christ tells you the same thing I do and you deny it.

How do you KNOW what Christ tells me? Seriously? I have carried on a running mental conversation with Him for 30+ years! All my life!

And I'm not fooled by some other entity...I knew him before even my first trip to Sunday school! I still remember that but I don't remember the first time I was aware of Christ...He's just always been there. We are tighter than most people are with their spouses - because you see, I know He is with me 24/7, rain or shine, silent or not...even when I've made mistakes both trivial and catastrophic. I knew He knew all the aspects about it as I did...even more because He knows me better than I knew myself and it is because of him that I have overcome the inherent problem of human self-delusion; not to mention a thousand other things.

Was he a Pharisee also?

No. He was a Nazarite.

Who is a Pharisee in your mind?

I don't have any Pharisees in my mind. Just Christ!

Just because the truth rubs you the wrong way doesn't make the one who relayed it to you a Pharisee.

I like the way truth rubs me! So much that I don't hesitate to speak it at the expense of other people's comfort! It isn't my truth - my truth was never 'love is the greatest commandment' and 'turn the other cheek' and 'be perfect as your father in heaven is perfect!' No one's is. We can't do it. But he will do it if we let him. It isn't easy and it isn't a willful exercise. It is hard and long-lasting and it involves more hurt feelings and wounded ego/pride than it does any sort of glorying in truth of any sort.

But in the end, the transformation itself is living proof that there IS a God and He IS alive! It is the only evidence that manifests visibly - and it will, to those who know you 'before' and 'after.'

The problem is that there are about 1 or 2 of those kind stories for every 1,000 of the total opposite: nominal Christians who never manifest any change at all except for vocabulary.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I consider a 'lie' an untruth told knowingly and on purpose. That was not a lie.

Ok judging by your definition of a lie.

Have you ever read Jesus' words. Stating the he is the(not a) way the truth
and the life. That NO MAN comes to the father except by him. Meaning no man gets to
heaven except by him. Very elementary understanding is needed here.

See you said above, that "IT" is not about knowing "christ". If Jesus is
the ONLY way as he plainly stated, then what exactly is this "IT" that you are
referring to? Whatever "IT" is, "IT" isn't anyway to eternal life. "IT" is a
lie.

Besides that - this isn't a subject that can be proven as absolute fact by any of us.

It's already proven. The proof is at the right hand of the Father.

True. Dying is the only way.

By default we are owned by satan, because we sold ourselves to him. So your heaven and GOD's hell must be the same place.

I'm not sure what you are saying here; to live a mirror image is to emulate completely? And then so you mean 'but denying him' or what? I don't understand.

Yea I kinda screwed that up. If you mirror Jesus Christ, you won't deny him. None of us are remotely capable of living even close anyway.

Deny him, meaning you WILL reside in hell without believing on him, because he is the ONLY ONE who has authority to cast you there. He holds the keys. He alone.

To believe does not manifest in that way. It is a literal transformation and it doesn't happen overnight.

True. Also if nothing ever happens, there is a dead tree. A tree that never was alive to begin with.

I have been following Christ for 30 years. I was baptized when I was 8 years old. I'm now 38. I haven't ever changed my mind or become an atheist or agnostic or anything other than a sincere disciple of Christ in all those years.

Who is this "christ" you follow? Does a sincere follower of JESUS CHRIST spout
out right lies?

I noticed you said you'd been a Christian for about 2 1/2 years. And yet you feel qualified to tell someone else they are 'fallen' and then call them a liar?

I'm not qualified to do anything, but expose wickedness, and false teachers.

Are you really so impetuous/proud/prideful that you think you know so much you can judge another as not being loved and known by Christ?

I know nothing. It is he that is in me that knows all and reveals all. According to his word you are everything I've said you are. The word of GOD is my measuring stick.

Look at your behavior just on this thread. Not your words but your delivery and attitude. Is that Christ-like? Truly?

Forget my attitude. The words are what's important. I fall short as everyone else has and continues to do.

So easily you accuse another of being a liar...

I call no one a liar. Unless Jesus Christ says they are. In this age, it is quite easy because that's about all there are, liers.

That kind of thing makes Him look bad

What makes him look bad are ones who allow lies to be spread such as yours and sit back and amen them.

How do you KNOW what Christ tells me? Seriously? I have carried on a running mental conversation with Him for 30+ years! All my life!

Who is this "christ". Apparently one you've made in your own mind. Not the one who lives and is at the right hand of the Father.

No. He was a Nazarite.

No, what I meant by making the statement was. You deny Jesus Christ and label anyone against your new age doctrine a Pharisee.

I like the way truth rubs me! So much that I don't hesitate to speak it at the expense of other people's comfort!

Why aren't I getting an Amen out of you then?

Christians who never manifest any change at all except for vocabulary.

There's no such thing as a Christian that never changes except for vocabulary. If one never changes except for vocabulary, they aren't a Christian, never were.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Have you ever read Jesus' words. Stating the he is the(not a) way the truth
and the life. That NO MAN comes to the father except by him. Meaning no man gets to heaven except by him. Very elementary understanding is needed here.

Yes. K.I.S.S.

See you said above, that "IT" is not about knowing "christ".

And so it's even better if one knows Jesus in the 'biblical sense,' isn't it? I knew him, i know him, and i shall know him. In the biblical sense. Not in adultery, either. With blessing and righteousness.

It's already proven. The proof is at the right hand of the Father.

Then why scorn ye that one? Or one that is sent?

By default we are owned by satan, because we sold ourselves to him. So your heaven and GOD's hell must be the same place.

You have no idea. I OWN my own soul - satan does not war with me nor I with satan. One reason being that I overcome hate with love. We don't take sides. Hear O Isreal the LORD your God is ONE. Echad. United we stand.

None of us are remotely capable of living even close anyway.

With him, we can. It is not us but the Spirit.

Deny him, meaning you WILL reside in hell without believing on him, because he is the ONLY ONE who has authority to cast you there. He holds the keys. He alone.

No, he is not alone and neither am I. He administers his authority as he sees fit.

Who is this "christ" you follow? Does a sincere follower of JESUS CHRIST spout out right lies?

Of course not. Guard your accusing tongue. You know not who you speak to and I realize this. But good manners work with ALL men - and honors and glorifies God. Think about who you seek to represent, not about your opinions or sense of self-righteousness...or mine. It is about giving praise and thanks where such is due!

That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. ~Romans 15:6

I'm not qualified to do anything, but expose wickedness, and false teachers.

No, you're not qualified to do that - how can you judge when you cannot see yourself?

I know nothing. It is he that is in me that knows all and reveals all. According to his word you are everything I've said you are. The word of GOD is my measuring stick.

No it is not. You don't even know which stick to pick up - again a vision problem but not a permanent one.

Forget my attitude. The words are what's important. I fall short as everyone else has and continues to do.

Then focus on yourself instead of me.

I call no one a liar. Unless Jesus Christ says they are. In this age, it is quite easy because that's about all there are, liers.

No doubt. Liars to self. But if you do the same you can't tell those who don't. SOME don't - not many but some. And yes, you do call others liars that Christ has not accused. An accusation based upon theology does not carry the LORD's authority - only man's.

What makes him look bad are ones who allow lies to be spread such as yours and sit back and amen them.

What lies? You are treading on thin ice.

Who is this "christ". Apparently one you've made in your own mind. Not the one who lives and is at the right hand of the Father.

There is only one seat on either side of the throne. Do you know your right from God's right?

No, what I meant by making the statement was. You deny Jesus Christ and label anyone against your new age doctrine a Pharisee.

Same doctrine we taught 2000 years ago. Is your hope not the same as ours - an end to the present evil age?

Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of God and our Father:
~Galatians 1:4

If you reject the new and perfect age which has been labored toward in blood shed in the service of the saints, then where will your place be? There is no 'old' age coming back...only a brand new one where ALL things are new.

Why aren't I getting an Amen out of you then?

Because we don't know you! Just like it says in the bible - why call him Lord Lord and not do what he said? His name wasn't 'Christ' and calling one's self a christian doesn't win any favors - nor does it condemn. The intent of your heart is discerned by the sword and the spirit - and your words reveal you have not practiced your sword fighting adequately to wield it as a weapon.

Check this thread out, the last three posts. Take it seriously...or not...the literal unchangeable truth hides in the strangest of places! I do not lie nor am I delusional. I am not a widow and I am not alone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join