It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rusian Girl Can See Inside The Body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A girl in Rusia seems to have the ability to see inside peoples body. She can find things like broken bones. She has been tested several times and the results have usualy been positive.

Russian Natasha Demkina, 17, has stunned doctors in her home country with her ability to see medical conditions inside people.

We flew her 1,500 miles to London to demonstrate her extraordinary powers on Sun reporter Briony Warden, who suffered multiple injuries when she was knocked down by a car in October last year.

She is still recovering from the hit-and-run and uses crutches or a wheelchair to get around.

sun

Pravda.Ru has already reported about 17-year-old Russian girl, Natasha Demkina, from the city of Saransk. The girl has become known for her astounding X-ray ability to see people through and diagnose diseases. Scientist became interested in the Russian girl's phenomenon: Natasha Demkina was invited to come to London and New York for scientific experiments. British researchers unanimously acknowledged Natasha's remarkable gift, whereas American scientists hesitated to come to such a conclusion. They did not like that fact that the girl successfully diagnosed diseases with only four patients out of seven. Natasha Demkina has recently passed a similar test in Tokyo, where Japanese scientists confirmed the gift of the Russian X-ray girl.

Natasha is currently a student of the Semashko's Moscow Medical University. Yoshio Machi, a professor of the Tokyo University, invited the girl to come to Tokyo to have her abilities tested again. Professor Machi is known in the world as a scientist, who studies unusual human abilities.

Having the experience of previous trials in London and New York, Natasha Demkina set forth her own conditions to Japanese scientists. She particularly said that each of the tested patients would have to bring latest medical certificates of their state of health. In addition, the girl demanded the diagnosis should be restricted to only one certain body part – the head, the torso, or extremities.

sorce

This does sound interesting, if any of you know more bout this would like to hear it.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Pravda is not a reliable source. I'm 99% sure this is a totally made up story.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yeah, Pravda is crap. You cannot trust any of their stories. This one in particular reminds me of a Roald Dahl book I read when I was very young, where a man gained the ability to see through things like the girl in this story.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
this is all actually true. I saw a program on it ages ago. She was tested and failed to get perfect results so therefore cannot actually have X-ray vision. However she may have some outstanding natural talent for medicine. Glad to hear that she is actually studying it.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Pravda is not a reliable source. I'm 99% sure this is a totally made up story.

This is not correct. She was tested by Committee for Skeptical Inquiry

I watched the show about a year ago on Discovery Channel. Altho the testers were sceptical about her gift, they could not explain some things. I guess you can't measure paranormal with normal means.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I saw a program where they tested her in many different scenarios and the outcome was that she used similar methods that 'psychics' use to get the subject to inadvertantly volunteer information about their ailments. Without her communicating with the subjects she barely got any diagnosis even close to correct. Shame really, I was hoping she'd be genuine.

Just for info Penn and Teller also did a 'Bullsh*t' episode about psychics and how they use techniques to get people to unknowingly volunteer information, and they explained how it was done - if you see this it should help to explain how the russian girl seemed to be accurate a lot of the time.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I thought it would be great if this were true but did not really know if it would be or not. I have seen programs before on how people can trick you into giveing information. You dont half to say anything. They are masters at observation. They can judge exspreshions as well as any body language. So I can understand that might be how she is doing this. But if it means anything hear is one persons opinion on the testing she did with doctors in New York.

As a viewer in America, I was ashamed of the way the doctors and scientists in New York tried to discredit Natasha. They used their experienced older "brains" (I use the term brains lightly) against a young and vulnerable Natasha.

I saw a television program about how Natasha was tested in New York. They claim that she failed because she only got four out of seven patients right. But that was the second day's testing. I think the scientists set her up to fail.

I am a retired engineer, and it seemed obvious to me how they tricked Natasha. Natasha and her family deserve encouragement and positive feedback. Please notice the following things.

sorce

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I thought it would be great if this were true but did not really know if it would be or not. I have seen programs before on how people can trick you into giveing information. You dont half to say anything. They are masters at observation.

I would expect this from experienced interogator or seassoned con-artist, but 17 year old girl from rural part of Russia?

Even if she is a master observer at least she is using her talent to help people.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I would expect this from experienced interogator or seassoned con-artist, but 17 year old girl from rural part of Russia?

Even if she is a master observer at least she is using her talent to help people.

Yanchek,
One thing I have come to understand, in my opinion, is it does not matter where you come from or who you are, any one can be a con artist. I am not saying I know if this person is or not as I hardly know anything about her although I am skeptical of her talent. But if she is a master observer then I doubt she is really helping people as she is just saying what the people with the medical problems already know.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The report on the woman is true. It was on the Discovery Channel last year. They gave her a test to see if she can guess correctly from 10 patients with medical ailments, and she guesses only 6 of the 10 correct. From what I can remember she guessed wrong on the man who had a metal plate in his head, the person who had either nails or staples in his spine, and someone who had a artificial heart. The scientists told her before hand that if she guessed 7 out of 10 correctly, then she would indeed prove them wrong, but by guessing one more wrong than what they would consider as a passing grade, they said she didn't have enough evidence to prove she has powers.

IMO, the girl is not in it for the money. When the show documented her powers in her home country, prior to the medical team examining her, she had lines of Russian peasants coming to her home for a x-ray scan. She did it for free, and helped many people find problems such as cancer, torn tissues, and internal bleeding. She graduated her high school with the highest grades, and they stated that she is trying to be a medical student, to help people in the future.

I believe the program is called "The girl with x-ray vision," or "The girl with x-ray eyes."

[edit on 4-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yep.....

im another thats seen this amazing girl, on a tv program called "This morning" in england. She's the real deal man.

For all those who think that amazing things like this cannot exist....just think, is it not a MIRICAL that the universe its self and evrything in it exists, if out side of this existence, you try telling some one about this universe.....all this would seem to incredible, the human ego is a disgusting asset, why do we always think we are great enough to say what can and can't happen.

Be prepared, we'll be seeing alot more strange things in the future that dont fit most peoples reality. Time for a reality check me thinks

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
woops, double posted

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Here is an article written by one of the scientists who researched her for the Discovery Channel's documentary. It's an interesting read that I would recommend.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I saw the program on her as well. She is just a scam artist. Im sorry but if she could actually see inside someones body and be able to identify cancer then she would not have missed a plate in some guys head. She can either do it all the time or not at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kokoro
I saw the program on her as well. She is just a scam artist. Im sorry but if she could actually see inside someones body and be able to identify cancer then she would not have missed a plate in some guys head. She can either do it all the time or not at all.

Perhaps it is not her eyes that can see through, it is just that she can detect ailment. And people thought she can see through.

It is not the point she has x-ray eyes or what, the point is that she can help people to detect disease.
And perhaps her gift was not designed to detect artificial expensive medical plate.

6 out of 10 is not bad, can you detect 1 out of 100?
Do you know how much you have to pay for medical for your life?
Pay more tax so your government can cover you with more expensive metal plate.

With 6/10 will certainly help her people in village, that will save them money from expensive medical x-ray. Sure 6/10 are threatening doctors' career.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by CinLung]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
ya 6 out of 10 doesnt seem that bad .. BUT.. those were not cold readings. They gave her a list of like 10 or 12 diagnosis so she just had to match them up to the right people. Its not like she came up with these diagnosis off the top of her head. I would have been more impressed if they hadnt given them to her.

Now dont get me wrong Im not saying that its not possible for someone to have this gift, but i dont think she does.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy
this is all actually true. I saw a program on it ages ago. She was tested and failed to get perfect results so therefore cannot actually have X-ray vision. However she may have some outstanding natural talent for medicine. Glad to hear that she is actually studying it.
I also saw this program on her and found it very interesting.in it she stated she would like to enter the medical field someday.im glad shes getting her chance to use whatever unique ability she has to help others.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XfileI also saw this program on her and found it very interesting.in it she stated she would like to enter the medical field someday.im glad shes getting her chance to use whatever unique ability she has to help others.

Yes I do agree. Weather she can see in side some one or not I do hope she will be able to make many people heal.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I've read some info that may damage the credibility of her researchers and enhance hers.

Check it out here:

The Girl with the X-Ray eyes

Scientists' unethical use of media for propaganda purposes

Respected Scientists? The Natasha Demkina Case
by Mary Rose Barrington

So she may not be a hoax after all, and may just be the victim of a propaganda smear by the CSICOP investigators.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The girl never stood a chance, she had always examined people one at a time and was never wrong but the CSICOP put her in a room with 7 people and gave her a list of things that may be wrong with them she had to pick who had what problem.

The whole purpose was to dis-credit her, I am not saying this girl definetly has these abilities but the possibility is there, personally i have never been a believer but something just never felt right about the way CSICOP handled themselves.

One thing that did make me think was when Richard Wiseman said "if Natasha really can do what she appears to be able to do, then we need to change the whole of our scientific understanding of the world".

Can you really imagine a 17 year old girl from a poor part of Russia proving scientists and there decades of work wrong, forcing them to rethink everything they have learned and finding out there years of dedication to there partcular field of work has all been for nothing.

I dont think so, it is easier to show here as a phony.

[edit on 19/05/08 by corruptus in extremis]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join