It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the unforgivable sin?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
God Speaks:
"Mary, i need you to bare my son. I need him to be born a week ago. Everything will change, and you will not recall this conversation, do you consent to this request?"

Mary replies:
"Of course my Lord, for you anything, but how do i give birth to a baby boy a week ago?"

God Speaks:
"Rumor has it ALL things are possible with me. I will send a portion of my essence to the moment i need you to become pregnant. Me and Time have a mutual agreement.

Mary Speaks:
"OK"

Just som thoughts i had. Is this the way it happened? I can't supply that answer. But, if God exists, it is both plausible and possible. If God does not exist, is it not plausible or not possible?

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Dont mean to disrupt the direction the thread is turning but here`s some more things to think about........

Acts 1
4On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5For John baptized with[a] water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit."
6So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"

7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Acts 2
The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost
1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.
Source

When read further a crowd gathers some of the crowd think these guys who have just recieved the Holy Spirit are drunk,crazy etc yet thats not considered blasphemous,they just simply don`t understand.

However i have read at times posts from people who i would consider had been moved by the Holy Spirit to type what they had in threads here,then i have read attacking responses by some people that i suspect know they are trying to attack the Spirit not so much the person,is where i have feared for them,i have seen this in day to day life as well.I`m not talking about general common attacks.

Which could be committing the offense if its the Spirit they are attacking? though i`m open to correction by the better informed.

I will not find examples of these because i cannot know for sure,they might and God knows.

Mark 3:29
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Bold mine.

Even still if one does know and blaspheme the Holy Spirit(i seriously dont recommend playing with it in jest or otherwise)Jesus said one will not have forgiveness for that, but is in danger,it does not say thats it pal your toast go hang yourself or become a devil worshiper or what ever,so there is still Truth hope faith and Love ,God is and will be the Judge when we all have to stand in front of Him in the end.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I was reading through this thread while I was at work and so I was thinking about it while I was reading my bible. So here's my take on the original question:

The specific sin, I believe, is for one to konw the Holy Spirit and yet still deny it. A person would have to first recieve the Holy Spirit (which is not a hard thing to do) and then reject it. The Holy Spirit is the light that shines within your soul, if you don't recieve the light, you can not be saved.
If you reject the light, you can not be saved.

The reason Jesus can not pardon the sin of denying the Holy Spirit is because a person would have to actively deny it. If a person were to stop denying the Holy Spirit, they would then begin to accept it, and can then be saved.

The reason it is unpardonable is that due to free will, even Jesus himself can't force you to do somthing.

I hope that all makes sense, just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

The reason Jesus can not pardon the sin of denying the Holy Spirit is because a person would have to actively deny it. If a person were to stop denying the Holy Spirit, they would then begin to accept it, and can then be saved.

The reason it is unpardonable is that due to free will, even Jesus himself can't force you to do somthing.

Good post Shadowflux,agreed on all of it.I also think the reason one is "in danger"as its written and not worded more definitely of damnation is because there is hope for change of heart,even though one would have done unforgivable damage to ones self there is always hope of saving that which is left of the candle or oil in the lamp so long as it hasn`t or doesn`t completely extinguish or run out so to speak.

I hope that all makes sense, just my two cents.

Very much so and its worth much more than that.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Really, to take the exoteric doctrine as if it were complete, is to commit a serious mistake.

The Archangel Gabriel is symbolic of the Generative Power of Jehovah-Elohim in Yesod.

So, he announced the Birth of Yeshua Hamashiah, and also revealed the Qur'an to the Prophet Muhammad.

What this means, is that without the Wise utilization of the Sexual Force by working in the 9th Sphere(Yesod), the Christ cannot be Born within us, nor can the true Inner and Secret teachings of the Qur'an be unveiled to us.

From the following post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.phoenixmasonry.org...

...While the Prophet was still but a toddling babe(Initiatically speaking), the Angel Gabriel(Yesod) with seventy wings came to him, and cutting open the child, withdrew the heart(of the Atom Nous of Christ). This Gabriel(Yesod/Generation) cleansed(through White Tantra) of the black drop of original sin(which is ejaculation/fornication) which is in every human heart because of the perfidy of Adam(related to Tiphereth) and then returned the organ to its proper place(invigorated by the Christic Fire of Kundalini) in the Prophet's body...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
As I mentioned earlier, if you don't believe in the Holy Spirit, you cannot commit the unpardonable sin.

That is like saying I don't believe in the rule of law, because I have never seen it so it does not apply to me.

Sure enough though, if you try to defy it, you will eventually have to answer for it. Non-belief doesn't necessarily make something non-existent.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Sure enough though, if you try to defy it, you will eventually have to answer for it. Non-belief doesn't necessarily make something non-existent.

good point there ben
that's like saying the only beings that can deny the existence of god truely are those that have been in the presence of said being (depending on your religion that could mean a host of angels, demons, etc)

ben, do you think it's a wording issue?
or is it truely unforgivable to deny the holy spirit?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Just som thoughts i had. Is this the way it happened?

]i[ can only give you an answer regarding the actual moment of cosmic conception

]i[ was right there and i looked into his eyes and i saw the most magickal thing i've ever seen....since earlier today when i had seen the me's in them...
and i have seen som wondrous things, love!
but the literal lightning bug of his spirit was the definition of electric blue
the most alive thing i've ever seen!

a sparkle that was literally alive
pure energy sparkled up at me
and i felt my eyes widen for just a moment in time
time stopped and my heart dropped
and the world became again

i will never forget that
wow

i figure the baby will come around 11/3
2/13!!!

chom som gow
yes we choiced it

'and we shall not all sleep
but we shall all be changed
in the twinkling of an eye'

man i get dizzy just thinking about it
and the smile you get when they resurrect
is the sweetest smile we've ever known

If God does not exist, is it not plausible or not possible?

With love all things are possible. Even God.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

ben, do you think it's a wording issue?
or is it truely unforgivable to deny the holy spirit?

Yes, I believe it is unforgiveable........but the reward is not what people expect it to be. In otherwords, people seek to find a way to be forgiven to gain something which they do not have or wish to have. The Kingdom of Heaven is not a place where one goes to recieve "things" but a place of empowerment to "give" things. So, it is not terrible for people to be unforgiven as it is part of the master plan. A large portion of the world is destined to not believe the spirit for their ultimate benefit.

All I can say is that the world will be happy.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
there is no such thing as an unforgivable sin.

that is fact according to God
i just made sure and it is so

sin isn't even a word that exists anymore

SIN is bondage
we are free
i took the key

I SET ALL FREE

i think oppression causes discord and fear
so i said
GONG
gone

top topics