It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Boxer Ryan Dies After Being Knocked Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.boxinginsider.com...
Associated Press - February 19, 2004

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) - An Indonesian boxer died Thursday after being knocked out during a match four days ago.

Jack Ryan, 23, was knocked out in the eighth round Sunday. He lapsed into a coma and died early Thursday, Indonesian Boxing Commission spokesman Firman Gindu said.

Ryan is the second boxer to die in the last month from injuries sustained during a bout. Indonesia's Antonius Moses Seram died last month after he was knocked out. In all, eight Indonesian boxers have died since 2001.

The deaths prompted the WBC to impose a six-month ban in December 2001 on Indonesian boxers fighting in WBC-sanctioned bouts outside the country. At the time, five fighters had died in 18 months.

TRD

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Another one has died??

The medical facilies must be real bad over there,i guess they will hold another investigation into the state of boxing over there.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Another one has died??

The medical facilies must be real bad over there,i guess they will hold another investigation into the state of boxing over there.

Something else may be going on here. I dont think medical care is the problem.

TRD

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Welli remeber the last one who died we reported that.

What do you think is going on then?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Welli remeber the last one who died we reported that.

What do you think is going on then?

I really couldn't say for sure TRD. It just seems odd to me that so many fighters are dying the same way after fighting in the same place.

TRD

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yes it does seem odd,i thought that and wondered why they stopped monitoring them.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Have they done autopsies on these boxers? Looking for drugs or other substances in the body? How are the mouthguards that these boxers are using? Were they too light for the weight they were fighting? Lots of questions, have any of them been addressed?

top topics

join