It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marylin Manson, Christian Rock, and Satan: Please read

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My favorites are:

Mechanical Animals
Angel with the Scabbed Wings
The Dope Show
I Don't Like the Drugs (but the Drugs Like Me)
Posthuman
The Fight Song
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Coma Black
Rock is Dead
A Place in The Dirt
Spade

Wow, that's a lot. I could have probably added more.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
ya man i like marilyn manson!! that dosent mean i worship the devil!!

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Kinderfield
The Reflecting God
Snake eyes and Sissies
Get your gunn
Wrapped in Plastic

to name a few.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I like the newer ones a little better than the old ones. In fact, one of the few that I REALLY like from "Portrait" was "Get Your Gunn" and "Dope Hat."

Pi

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Dude... I like Calvin Klein so much better now. And Marilyn Manson. But I've liked him (as a person) so much more since I saw Bowling for Columbine. Its a movie/documentary... if you haven't seen it, and are a far left liberal as I, You need to. ^_^

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
marylin manson and iron maiden kick azz

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My fav song-- Mobscene

I think that linking MM to POD is a LOOOOONG stretch. Keep in mind that POD publicly declared that they were leaving their "christian" roots and moving on to better music.(note) fame does have that effect(note)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Marilyn Manson is a satanist. I saw an interview where this thing (not sure what to call it), was asked point blank: Are you a satanist? there was not reply and MM tried to dodge the question. Otherwise this thing, as most 'kids' in the music business, had a lot to say about any topic that one could mention. Like they actually knew something.

If you like the music that is fine, if you like to rebel a bit that is fine. But if the worshipping starts then beware the nature of your new found idol.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
yea thats true....

my favorite songs from MM are:
Use your fist and not your mouth
This is the new #
Mob Scene
Fight song

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Interesting interesting...nice to see all the opinions..

Now for mine

I haven't had a problem with Marylin Manson and his music (no effect), I don't listen to him often, not my type of music simply enough. For these people to sit down and type up all that crap is..uh..weird. P.O.D. is one of my favorite bands though, they are really cool. I don't see how they linked P.O.D. to satanism when most of they're earlier and some of their later songs are mostly about love and life and such things like that.

That article?

^^ My personal opinions
^^

Thanks for all the replies guys and gals.

-wD

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Marilyn Manson is a satanist. I saw an interview where this thing (not sure what to call it), was asked point blank: Are you a satanist? there was not reply and MM tried to dodge the question. Otherwise this thing, as most 'kids' in the music business, had a lot to say about any topic that one could mention. Like they actually knew something.

If you like the music that is fine, if you like to rebel a bit that is fine. But if the worshipping starts then beware the nature of your new found idol.

Yeah, of course he is a Satanist. He is an ordained Reverend in the Church of Satan.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Since we are now playing truth or dare...

Are you a satanist Maynardsthirdeye?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Now won't u say that MM was just a play actor? and if he said that he wasn't, would young folks that wanted to rebel REALLY buy his music? I think is all goes back to the shock value. The bigger the shock...the more they like it!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
manson's trying to free peoples' minds. christ is just as much as lie as the rest of the mythologies, thats all it is mythology. I don't know why satanists are evil when christians are supposed to discriminate against people "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." if christians were good they'd accept other beliefs.
also that reckoning song in there when i read it i thought it was about god fer sure not satan, theres been alot more calling by god for people to kill others for him. It's funny how christians went around killing people who basically believed the same things as them but used different names for things. Real idiots people are

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Each time I make my mother cry
and angel dies and falls from heaven
when the boy is still a worm
it's hard to learn the number seven

each time I look outside
my mother dies
I feel my back is changing shape
when the world consumes the boy
it's never, ever considered rape

AWESOME!

BTW, I saw Godhead with Rammstein and Crossbreeed. I went and bought their album. One of my favorites.
That quote of one of thei songs on that website was taken totally out of context.

If you look up Spin magazine, January 1996, there's a review of a fast rising star: MArylin Manson. Yes, he did join the Church of Satan. But he did do it to piss off PARENTS. In other words, for SHOCK value.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   

No, it looks too confusing. I can't find the Satanic Bible anywhere and most Satanist sites on the internet are just teenage Goths that want to rebel against their parents.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Marilyn Manson was raised as a Christian and attended a Christian school. He saw through the false teachings and lies being taught. He is 100% right about that.

If its not written folks don't take it for granted, that its the truth.

Marilyn Manson has an excellent chance of getting into heaven someday. He refused to be led astray.

But how many others of religious values, can say. ... I pick the bible up and study and read for myself.
Does anybody ever question the pastor or priests anymore? Or do you take it all for granted that its the truth being taught?

Jesus said let NO MAN decieve you.

My daughter has Marilyns CD's. I have listened to them.
Its the image that Marilyn
and Michael Jackson have that people do not like and want to destory. So they will do or say whatever it takes to bring them down. That is an EVIL.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye

No, it looks too confusing. I can't find the Satanic Bible anywhere and most Satanist sites on the internet are just teenage Goths that want to rebel against their parents.

You can find the Satanic Bible in any bookstore.

This thing is just more religious poppycock they try to spread daily. I'm tired of people making up excuses to persecute people. POD is bad because they were on the blair witch 2 soundtrack??? Marilyn Manson is one of the smartest people in the country...literally his IQ is one of the top in the nation. He is true to himself and his beliefs and he is persecuted for that.

Anything different is wrong to the christians apparently.

Grow up. Do something meaningful with your life instead of writing 100 pages on why marilyn manson is evil. Get a life already. Feed a starving child, go read to a sick kid in the hospital. Do something worth a damn instead of looking for more reasons to hate someone because they are different than you.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I love his sense of humor. There was a fundy group protesting his show and they bought all the tickests and burned them so as to spare the children, Manson added 2 more shows
You find find quotes in the bible to back up any assinine thought you may have.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Run to the Hills
Harris

White man came across the sea
Brought us pain and misery
Killed our tribes killed our creed
Took our game for his own need

We fought him hard we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell
But many came too much for Cree
Oh will we ever be set free?

Riding through dustclouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attack

Run to the hills run for your lives

Soldier blue on the barren wastes
Hunting and killing their game
Raping the women and wasting the men
The only good Indians are tame
Selling them whisky and taking their gold
Enslaving the young and destroying the old

(repeat to end)

MM is a "shock" rocker...with P.O.D. riding on his shirt tails...just to get attention. On the other hand...Iron Maiden is/was the best metal band of all time. Their music portrays history...fictional stories (Dune)...and myths..with a unbelievable sound in power chords...and in unison perfectly. They point out one song "The Number of Beast"..nothing else they have written and recorded has any underlying occult/Satan undertone. I lke music...all of it...doesn't mean that I'm a die hard fan of any of it either. Just have an artist ear and eye. There is nothing wrong or evil about going to a concert and letting it all out...screaming...wooohooooing...jumping around...dancing....and partying...just to let out some energy and have some fun.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join