It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy: (ESPN) Fantasy Football

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
hopefully we are all clicking on the ads so that sportztawk will be able to afford another league if needed next year :loudhorn:

TRD

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdyBaby
I was joking about me getting the 1st pick cos even if i had the first pick this year you cant plan for injuries even tho ive had 3 of my studs out for the year lol thank god for Leftwich and Mcgahee who kept me in with a shout lol

:party-smiley-018:

Oh yeah ive release all my reserves i was gonna release my starters after next week no play offs for me lol

[Edited on 12/6/04 by AdyBaby]

No don't drop your players...You play in the consolation league so there is still games to play!!!!!!!

TRD

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hey whats the deal with the trophys on espn?

Ben you sorting them out?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

No don't drop your players...You play in the consolation league so there is still games to play!!!!!!!

Oh sorry i did not realise that i'll keep my lot then

come on willis and byron i need 50 points each to be in with a shout mind you adam needs to get loads of field goals too so brady get them into the red zone but no more ok lol

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What's the deal with the consolation round, anyway?

TRD

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Playoffs: Winner's Bracket and Consolation Ladder

All teams continue to compete throughout the duration of the playoffs. The playoffs are split into two parts: The Winner's Bracket and The Consolation Ladder. Note: These parts are exclusive from each other. After each playoff round the system will not move a team from the Winner's Bracket into the Consolation Ladder (and vice-versa). However, as mentioned above, your League Manager has the option to manually place teams where ever they wish, so you could see a #5 seed in a four team winner's bracket (and the #4 seed in the Consolation Ladder).

Winner's Bracket: The number of teams in the Winner's Bracket corresponds to the "Playoff Teams" setting (described above). In most leagues the Division Winners will gain automatic entry into the Winner's Bracket. Any remaining Winner's Bracket slots are filled by Wild Card teams based on their seed (see below). Teams in the Winner's Bracket play head-to-head for either one or two weeks, with each matchup's winner advancing to the next round until a League Champion is determined. The losers of games in the Winner's Bracket play other losers of games in the Winner's Bracket until the end of the season.

The Winner's Bracket first-round matchups are based on the following pairing of seeds:

Two (2) team bracket: 1v2
Four (4) team bracket: 1v4, 2v3
Eight (8) team bracket: 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5
Sixteen (16) team bracket: 1v16, 2v15, 3v14, 4v13, 5v12, 6v11, 7v10, 8v9

Note: Any BYEs replace the seed starting with the highest number and work in ascending order. Example: Your league has 6 teams in an 8 team bracket. The two BYEs are assigned to seeds #7 and #8, thus the #1 and #2 seeds have first-round BYEs.

Consolation Ladder:

All remaining teams not in the Winner's Bracket teams are placed in the Consolation Ladder. Games in the Consolation Ladder are played Head-to-Head but work differently than the Winner's Bracket in that each game's winner moves "up", while the loser moves "down". Note: that the "top" team in the Consolation Ladder can not move "up" after the win. Likewise, the "bottom" team and can not move "down". Head-to-Head play continues for the duration of the playoffs.

The Consolation Ladder's first-round matchups pair the seeds in descending order. Example (10 team league; 4 teams in Winner's Bracket):

Consolation Ladder's First Round: 5v6, 7v8, 9v10

Note: If there are an odd number of teams in the Consolation Ladder the lowest team will have a BYE.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure who the Charlotte Dragons are, but the winner of our game will be first place in our division. I lost to him last time we faced each other, but I had no Quarterback so this should be an interesting matchup for me.

TRD

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Giants your game is huge...

Better to finish first than second in ya league...

My team is still pretty banged up, i need to get some players healthy. Curry just came good for me in the last 3 weeks or so, now he has done his achilles, thats another one i have lost. I havn't had much luck with injuries so far...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
hopefully we are all clicking on the ads so that sportztawk will be able to afford another league if needed next year :loudhorn:

This may be me acting not so Clever but could you elaborate for what you mean? Doh!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ben is paying for this league out of his pocket...by clicking on the ads on the right of the pages we can bring in a bit of cash to sportztawk to support the leagues

TRD

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Everyone got their teams in order?

A couple of big games to decide the final placings..

Also the seeding will be a big one as to who plays who. So whoever is topping the groups still will want to win...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i know that it is early but i could use a few more points please...

TRD

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yeah Tj but its still early yet...

Detriot G's are behind but he has alot pf players to go yet..

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I wonder what the playoff matchups are going to be!?!?

I saw that crayon's Slackers just got the 1/2 empty Pickles by the hair of his chiney chin chin.

So, if it is indeed two teams from each division as someone said as opposed to top 8 teams overall, then it looks like......

NORTH - Mavericks, IceMachines
EAST - JerseyBoyz, DetroitG's
WEST - Slackers, Giants
SOUTH - Dragons, CheeseHeads

Dont quote me, but that looks like the "Elite Eight".

I was also curious if rosters were frozen when the playoffs start or if you can still drop/add. I'll go look around the site.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It says the trade deadline is Friday, December 17, 5PM ET (Week 15).

I wonder if that is also the transaction deadline as well. I guess we'll find out.

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ok by the looks of it i think your most prob right with the final 8 ProudAmerican..

So what i can work out is that the teams will be seeded and if the results for this week games stay the same after todays game then this is what we get..

Seeds.. Going on wins and points for and against...

1 Mavs
2 PA
3 Slackers
4 Detroit G'S
5 Ice machines
6 Giants
7 Dragons
8 Cheeseheads

And according to the format in the espn page the brackets are as follows. 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5

So we have

Mavs v Cheeseheads
PA v Dragons
Slackers v Giants
Ice Machines v Detroit G's

I may have PA and Slackers round the worng way but i think i'm right...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
who cares about the championship its the Consolation thats the Must Tourney to win LOL:bounce:
:bounce:

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yeah man the Consolation winner goes in the sportztawk hall of fantasy fame aswell!!

Ben

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
at least you guys think that i made the big boy finals

TRD

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
at least you guys think that i made the big boy finals

Doesnt it go by the top two in each division?

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join