It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Sting to WWE?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In an interview with IGN.com (to promote the upcoming new Legends of Wrestling game), Sting says he wants to work for WWE.

"If it were done properly, I would do it. This last Wrestlemania would've been a good one, Wrestlemania XX, just the fact that I've never been a part of one. I would definitely do it. You know, Vince and I have talked several times over the past few years. The Wrestlemania before, he wanted me to repel out of the ceiling and do something with Stone Cold Steve Austin, and we were set to do it, we were going to do it, but once the attorney's get going, and it's not my attorney, he's only doing what I ask him to do, but once their attorney's get involved, it's tough. When I talk to Vince, it's easy. Anyway, I had to call Vince and tell him that we couldn't do it. He's been great every time I've talked to him, so you never know. It's something I'm interested in."

Sting also said that he doesn't consider himself a TNA wrestler and worked for them only out of loyalty to Jerry Jarrett.

"What ended up happening was when I first started my wrestling career, Jerry Jarrett was the only promoter who called us when we sent out those press kits I mentioned earlier. The only one who called us. Jerry called us three days after we sent those out, and even though there were four of us in the picture, he only wanted two of us, Jim and me. We got in the car and we left and that was it. He gave me my break. So last summer when I got a phone call from the Jarretts, I didn't want to do it. But then I started thinking about it, and Jerry gave me my break, so I decided to go out and help them out. I did four shows for them last year, but that was it."

TRD

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Most signs continue to indicate that Sting is headed to WWE soon. The two sides have talked many times over the years and talks have always broken down over how many dates Sting would have to work. WWE is now on the verge of giving Sting a heavily reduced schedule, something they normally won't even consider for most. Looking as though the interest is definitely there on the WWE side. In the days of "Dead Man" Undertaker and Mordecai, Sting fits the current bill in WWE.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sting headed to WWE!!

Now That's awesome.

He used to be one of my favorite wrestlers! Good to see he's coming back. I might just start watching wrestling again if that's the case.

TRD

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I alway's thought Sting was the best way back in the day when he first started out.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
now i had read somewhere that sting became born again and after leaving WCW didnt want to join the WWE because he felt he couldnt join because of his beliefs. he thought the WWE was a bit too vulgar and risque and didnt feel he could work in such an environment.

now i liked sting but not the short blonde haired wildman but the crow rip off character that he evolved into.

i'd like to see him in the WWE but it seems the WWE has become a revolving door of sorts. new but established wrestlers would come in and then disappear. new talent would show up and they too would disappear.

my fear is he would disappear like so many others. x-pac, saturn, hulk, piper, raven and many others.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
now i had read somewhere that sting became born again and after leaving WCW didnt want to join the WWE because he felt he couldnt join because of his beliefs. he thought the WWE was a bit too vulgar and risque and didnt feel he could work in such an environment.

He was "born again" like you said. But he's been considering making a return and I think its a good idea. I would like to see him wrestle again in the big stage.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
so would i but my question is...what would his character be?

after seeing the "eugene" character, i'm not so sure WWE has its head screwed on correctly.

now other wrestlers went over to the WWE camp and kept their gimmics and characters...would he? i imagine so but you can never tell.

as much as i'd like to see sting i'm also painfully reminded of his ringwork or lack there of. i remember during the days of WCW and the NWO he wouldnt wrestle at all. now why i dont know but he didnt do a whole lot except act and he's good at acting and cutting promos but his wrestling didnt seem to match his acting.

then again scott steiner isnt a great wrestler himself but has good charisma and the ability to act and the WWE pushed him BIG TIME when he joined up.

i'd still like to see him wrestle again but i'd be looking forward to his acting more than his wrestling...lol

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I know exactly like you mean.

But if you look at all the MEGA Stars in the business like Hulk, The Rock, Steve Austin, Sting, Steiner, most of them have one thing in common. They do great mic work but are not that great at actual in ring wrestling.

I dont know what gimmick Sting will use when he gets back but I think it should be a more modern version of his dark crow character. Or maybe something different. Who knows what they will come up with.

TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well i'm not sure what they could do with Sting as a character but i bet they have some fueds already sorted if he does indeed join up.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
BTW Monkey.

Welcome to Sportz.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
thank you ocelot.

you mentioned the rock...

he's pretty good once you get past the gimmic moves. he's definitely a mat worker and isnt a highflier and thats ok.

but look at others like the big show. he sucks in general, mic work is horrible, his wrestling is slow and deliberate, even predictable 90% of the time.

at one time sting was a good wrestler but WCW had a way of wasting away their talent and not letting them perform to their full potential. maybe with the WWE we'd see a better sting as i suspect he'd be given more of a chance to show off his talents.

as for scott steiner...you know what his problem is...he's too big. all that bulk can be a problem, not an asset. yeah i'm sure some people are impressed with the freakzilla character but i liked the old school steiner.

hulk was from the old school, and after he reached a certain age and point in his career he relied on his old gimmics and moves to get himself over with the crowd and time after time the crowd ate it up. not so sure it was deserving but he is a legend but i dont feel he deserved a full pass on his ring work.

now with austin, its because of past injuries. the guys has had neck problem and a lot of knee problems but before these problems he was dynamite. he looked good, he wrestled well as well as being good with the mic.

now aside from the rock, what do these guys have in common? age. they're getting old and i've had my reservations about seeing sting wrestle again. i really hate seeing the old wrestlers get back in the ring only to watch them embarass themselves by trying to relive the glory days of their character. hulk was the worst about this. now i liked hogan back in the 80's and even the 90's but after a certain point i just felt bad for the guy, his skin was just too tanned, his skin was just a tad too loose on his body, he was a tad too bald and it was just sad.

new topics

top topics

join