It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Playoff Predictions

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Time to change the avatar...

[Edited on 1/16/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

Ming wants that Bobble Head on the end of a spike....

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
turn out ther lights the party's over

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Time to change the avatar...

Here ya go Gibbs!!!

Yeah, Brady. I need to put my avatar curse on the Patsies...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That's it.

The records were great and Peyton had an incredible season, but it doesn't matter much now. I bet he'd trade that season in for a trip to Pittsburgh next week.

The championship games are set!

Patriots @
Steelers

Falcons @
Eagles

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'd love to see an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl, but I'm thinking that Atlanta will ruin that...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ming is back. G---i---b---b----s---y?

Now do you believe? Ming is pleased to see the disappearance of the bobblehead and yes, on the end of a spike does quite nicely.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hey, I said if the weather was bad, it'd be New England's game, as it was, and it was...

And I put Mr. Brady on the 'ole avatar for ya, i've been bringing bad luck to my avatars ever since i jioned this site.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Gibbs, recant!

Admit that the weather, although not perfect, was not that bad.

Admit that the Colts were saddled, ridden and broken.

Admit!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
AFC: (15-2) Patriots @ (16-1) Steelers

Impressive effort by the Pats to overcome the surging Colts. I really thought the Colts had a chance. This matchup to me seems to be a football version of the NBA Fianls between LA and Detroit. We have an Offensive team, Patriots #7, and a defensive team, Steelers #1. I believe it'll be a closer game than their last matchup, but I believe it will have the same result as the NBA finals, and their earlier meeting, The Steelers will come out victorious.

NFC: (11-5) Falcons @ (13-3) Eagles

Though it was an impressive effort by Philadelphia to beat the Vikings without TO, I believe they will have the same kind of game they've had the last 3 NFC championship games. The Falcons are on a roll right now, and cannot be stopped by the Eagles. With Vick and Dunn rushing for nearly 400 combined yards, it will be hard to overcome the Falcons. Vick ran for 118 last game, and I believe he will have another 100-yd rushing effort, or at least close to one. The only team I believe has a genuine chance of defeating the Falcons is the Steelers Defense. The Falcons will come out victorious, thus giving Vick a chance to finally cut his hair.

I pick Steelers by 7 and the Falcons by 10.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
great players come up in the big games, bruschi had a huge game for the pats yesterday...

Tedy Bruschi heard the whining of Bill Polian, the crying of Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning, as well as the boasting of Mike Vanderjagt. Shortly after the Patriots advanced to the AFC Championship Game for the third time in four years with a 20-3 dismantling of the Colts yesterday at Gillette Stadium, the linebacker had a few choice words of his own for the visitors. ``I'm just trying to think of what excuses they'll be saying in the locker room right now,'' said Bruschi, who was superb with eight tackles and two fumble recoveries. ``I wonder what rules they want to change now. Maybe it will be we can't play a game in the snow. I don't know, but they will think of something. ``I was just tired of it. I was tired of hearing this and that, them talking about the last game (a 27-24 Patriots victory in the season-opener) and how we didn't win the game, that they lost the game by giving the ball away. ``(Yesterday), we just took it away from them.''

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Aieeee! Yes, Bruschi! A wise man who speaks the truth. The Pats are all about motivation. They do not need to dig very deep to come up with the requisite amount to defeat the Steelers.

[Edited on 1/17/05 by MingMercil]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Steelers and Falcons, that's it. And I would actually prefer the other teams to win, it's just that those two teams are the better ones. Period.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
pats and eagles, as a rookie big ben will be no match for the pats defense

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ming thanks you, Toe, for entering some sanity to this place.

Gibbsy, are you off the medication or something?

Pats and Eagles. End of story, except for the Pats winning 3 of the last 4 SuperBowls.

The real question is, will NE ever lose again on our lifetime?

[Edited on 1/17/05 by MingMercil]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Steelers and Falcons, that's it. And I would actually prefer the other teams to win, it's just that those two teams are the better ones. Period.

I think the same thing

Steelers win by 7 intercepting a last second Hail Mary heaved by Brady.

Falcons by 14 over the Eagles, I think the game becomes controlled by the Falcons. Vick throws for 225 + and rushes less than 70 yards. The game becomes a Dunn and a Price game.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
The real question is, will NE ever lose again on our lifetime?

This was also the question they were asking an hour before the Miami game. I think these teams like the Colts are intimidated by the Pats, but they should have viewed the Dolphins game as a wake-up call that the Pats are not invincible. I've had heated debates with my friends since Sunday night on who would win the Pats and Steelers, and though I strongly believe the Steelers will come out on top, I would not be surprised if the Pats won. My argument is this: Philadelphia is going nowhere, so it's up for grabs between NE, Pitts, and Atl. If it is Pitt and Atl, Atl will have an extremely hard time running the ball. If it is NE and Atl, the Falcons will be able to run the ball more, thus giving Atl a real chance to bring a title to GA. I do not believe, however, Vick will have a ton of yards in either one of these matchups. Now if the Eagles DO make the SB, it will again be the AFC who win the title.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
See Ming, it's not just me...

Ben

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Eagles wont make it to the superbowl, the falcons will run over their defense.

As for pats and steelers, its which defense can stop the run

TRD

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My teams to make it through are : Pats, Eagles.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
bad weather predictid for philly, count to 10 over the falcons, another dome team is done, eagles and pats in the big game

Brrrrr! Cold, possible snow forecast for AFC, NFC championship games

January 19, 2005
Brrrr! There could be snow at both NFL conference championship games.

Forecasters are calling for gametime temperatures of 20 degrees and a chance of snow showers for Sunday night's Patriots-Steelers AFC championship game. There is a chance of heavier snowfall earlier in the day, but it is expected to stop by kickoff.

The weather could be worse across the state in Philadelphia for the NFC championship game between the Falcons and Eagles in the afternoon. Snow is predicted this weekend, with anywhere from a minimal amount to a major storm.

Similar conditions in Foxboro last weekend might have aided the Patriots in their 20-3 victory over the Colts, whose Peyton Manning-led passing offense was limited to a field goal on a snowy, cold day.

It was dry but chilly for the Steelers' 20-17 overtime win Saturday over the Jets, with gametime temperatures of 28.

NFL rules say the field should be covered on the day and night before a game if there is any chance of precipitation. The Steelers usually keep Heinz Field covered, though it was left uncovered during some recent warm days to encourage the grass to grow.

The weather could be a factor in Philadelphia, considering the Falcons play in a dome -- although they went to Lambeau Field and beat the Green Bay Packers in snow two years ago in the playoffs.

Falcons quarterback Michael Vick said that was the only time he's ever played in snow. Eagles QB Donovan McNabb grew up in Chicago, so he's used to cold weather.

``We've come out on top when I've played in it, so hopefully we can continue that streak,'' McNabb said.

It was snowing and the temperatures were in the low 20s on Wednesday, but that didn't affect Eagles coach Andy Reid, who wore shorts.

``Sometimes I forget to put my sweats on before I go out,'' Reid said.

The Steelers stayed inside to practice on a snowy day in Pittsburgh.

``When the elements get bad, you have to make sure you're mentally sharp,'' Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. ``Fundamentals come back into play big time.''

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join