It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Bertuzzi out for the World Cup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I heard on TV that Todd Bertuzzi is out for the World Cup as well as the rest of the season because he is officially suspended until the day that his next pro game is, next October.

Ben

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i didnt think that the suspension carried over to World Cup and such.....is this the right move?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think it's like a UN thing. Hockey Canada will not let him play until the NHL lets him. And in an interview last week, Betman said that it is not on the front burner.

Ben

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
isnt the world up and NHL two different things though

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yes, they are seperate but it would be like, well, basically what Bush did when the UN said no to invading Iraq, went ahead anyway. Hockey Canada takes this very seriously, as they should, and won't let him play until the NHL lifts his suspension. Sorry for the political reference.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yeah they are different but they honour each others suspensions.

I know that they do it that way in Ontario with the Minor Hockey League and the Juniors

Ben

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Do you think by now that he has learned his lesson?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think so. He's not the type of player to do what he did. He snapped. He's more apt to drop the gloves and face off with you. I think that is what he wanted to do, then buddy turned his back on him and he snapped.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Definately! If he had been playing I think that they could have beaten the Flames and maybe even be in the finals now. Bertuzzi seems to be the type of guy who likes to be in the lineup helping the team

Ben

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
when is he expected to come back? and what type of response will he get

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't think the league is in a hurry to bring him back but when he is reinstated, I don't think it will be too hard on him. I saw the clip, it didn't look that bad. It was only bad because the neck got broken. It's like Earnhart's fatal crash, it didn't look as bad as some accidents that people have walked away from.

Ben

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
right, so he isnt coming back anytime soon?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
He'll probably be sitting for 1/4 to 1/2 of the season. If there is one.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Far as I know he was only suspended for the rest of this season

new topics

top topics

join