It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
[Edited on 2-23-2004 by xfdsl]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If there is "greys" out there, then there must be many other life forms out there. MANY! Why is it they would come to this tiny planet in the middle of universe nowhere to study a being that is far less advanced than they would have to be to get here....let alone find us (which would be nearly impossible) As far as the photographs go, did you take them? Do you know who did? How do you know for sure they are real? Have you seen aliens such as those?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Seapeople,
The same reason we go to Zoo's to observe wild animals, to learn, and understand how they work.
Deep

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xfdsl

The head is large by
human standard.
Eye's are generally
slanted, large and black.

Nose is usually vague.
2 small nares are visible.

Mouth is indicated by a small slit without lips, this appears to be non functional.

No teeth in the mouth cavity.

The body and head are completely hairless.

Torso is described as small and thin, often covered in a metallic garment.

Arms are long and thin,
and reach to the knees.

Reports of the fingers vary from 3 to 4, long webbed, and possibly with a claw or finger nail.

The legs are short and thin, most reports of the feet say that they are covered.

The Brain is larger than ours and has more than 2 lobes, possibly 3. the third lobe is thought to be used for telepathic communication.

Skin description ranges from light tan to the pasty grey color. texture is described as scaly or reptilian in nature. No muscle or skeletal structure is visible.
No external reproductive genital, possible reproduction by a cloning method.

No discernible digestive tract found, but a 2 piece organ that seems to be a combined heart and lungs organ. Digestive functioning is believed to be through the skin in a form of osmosis

The Grey is the most commonly reported alien in recent times. Mentally, this species function in what might be termed a "group mind". They do not seem to have individualized consciousness.

The 'Grey's' seem to be a scientifically based society that functions to study other lifeforms. Their main purpose seems to be human study and gentetics, also possible cross breeding with humans.

One of the key factors of the ABDUCTION syndrome is the 'Grey's' ability to telepathically communicate. Most of this interaction is accomplished through the eye's.

The Eye's are one of the most striking elements of Abductions and various descriptions of the eye's have been reported.The black look of the eye may be a possible lens covering.

xfdsl ~ Interesting photo's. Where did you find them?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Seapeople,
The same reason we go to Zoo's to observe wild animals, to learn, and understand how they work.
Deep

I dont buy that for one second. The universe is too big of a realm for something to locate us. And then repeatedly come back. It would be nearly impossible for us to see repeated visits in one lifetime. All I ask is for one peice of evidence that cannot be explained away.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, we landed on the moon in 50 years coming from the first ever flight of an airplane, now immagine them being billions of years more advanced then us.
Im not saying that any have visited or continue to do so still, but that i stated the what i though were some reasons for them to come.
Deep

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well, we landed on the moon in 50 years coming from the first ever flight of an airplane, now immagine them being billions of years more advanced then us.
Im not saying that any have visited or continue to do so still, but that i stated the what i though were some reasons for them to come.
Deep

Landing on the moon is one thing. The nearest star to planet earth barring the sun is many many light years away. Radio transmisions traveling at the speed of light since the beginning of this century have not made it there yet. And we are talking the next star. There are billions and billions and billions of stars in this galaxy alone. There are billions and billions of galaxies. I just find it improbable that even an advanced life form would be able to find us. That is if there is life far more advanced than us. Nomatter how the universe started or didnt start, we have all had the same amount of time to evolve from the beginning.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Nomatter how the universe started or didnt start, we have all had the same amount of time to evolve from the beginning.

That does not make sense?
how old is the Universe?
How old is earth?
Deep

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Nomatter how the universe started or didnt start, we have all had the same amount of time to evolve from the beginning.

how old is the Universe?
How old is earth?
Deep

It does make sense, if you go back farther than life, all planets had the same amount of time to evole. Go back farther than that, all the stars had the same time. Farther even? The galaxies all had the same amount of time. If the universe started at a specific time, everything started at that time. If the universe is infinite, then every singe possible thing has happened. In an instant so to speak. Every possible form of life occured, every scenerio of your life has already occured. Every decision you may have made in this life, would have already been made in another way in another life. Everything would be. AS humans we cant understand that, so all we can do is assume for now that there was a beginning. So that we have a reference to go off of. If there was a beginning to the universe, then humans are just as old compared to the universe as any other being. Now life forms may be more advanced than us out there. Not by the significance that it would take to find us IMO. I respect your thoughts and am only trying to explain my point of view.

DEEPER

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

It does make sense, if you go back farther than life, all planets had the same amount of time to evole. Go back farther than that, all the stars had the same time. Farther even? The galaxies all had the same amount of time. If the universe started at a specific time, everything started at that time. If the universe is infinite, then every singe possible thing has happened. In an instant so to speak. Every possible form of life occured, every scenerio of your life has already occured. Every decision you may have made in this life, would have already been made in another way in another life. Everything would be. AS humans we cant understand that, so all we can do is assume for now that there was a beginning. So that we have a reference to go off of. If there was a beginning to the universe, then humans are just as old compared to the universe as any other being. Now life forms may be more advanced than us out there. Not by the significance that it would take to find us IMO. I respect your thoughts and am only trying to explain my point of view.

DEEPER

now, i agree that galaxies had the same amount of time to evolve, but we see it on earth: not everything evolves at the same pace. don't we still have one celled organisms? won't they one day evolve into something much bigger? isn't it possible they could become the next humans?

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by effigyrelease]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Absolutely. Now, lifeforms on earth may evolve faster or slower than other organisms on other planets in other galaxies due to alot of things I do not understand. Maybe temperature or atmosphere conditions effect them. But we all started the same place thats all. I think it is unlikely that other life forms visit earth, not impossible. Since I feel it is unlikely, I think it is more beneficial to look for a more likely scenerio on any particular extraterrestrial event. One of earthly origin. There are many things that I dont know. Maybe the alien life forms are genetically built from elements we have never seen on earth. Maybe that allows them to be super intellegent compared to us. It is possible. I just have never been convinced of it. I do look for answers on this topic. Thats why I come to this board. Your points are all taken.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Regardless of the age of the Universe, ETs exist and have visited/are visiting Earth. There is so much proof....drawings on cave walls from prehistoric times, the Face on Mars, UFO coverups, multiple sightings and videos, etc.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Sure the universe started at a certain point. But that does not mean all galaxies and stars were created at that same time. Stars are formed all the time in nebulae. Those stars may also develop life forms. Certainly we will have a head start on a lifeform that evolves from a star just created. It is estimated that the earth is 5 billion years old. We would have roughly 5 billion years of time on a star that is just created to evolve and such. Now if another star was created a billion years before ours, that could mean that the creatures on those solar systems are a possibly a billion years or more advanced than us.

It has only been about 100 years since humans were able to fly in airplanes. Imagine where we would be in a billion years if we managed to not destroy ourselves. You can't even fathom it. Heck, even if an alien race was 10,000 years ahead of us that would make a huge difference techonologically speaking. Look where we were 10,000 years ago, think about where we could be 10,000 years from now. And ten thousand years might as well be a second when you are talking about the age of the universe.

So it is possible that an alien race could be so much more advanced than us that we couldn't even imagine it.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

how old is the Universe?
How old is earth?
Deep

DEEPER

haha!

I love that

Although, he was signing off with his name "ZeroDeep" but, if you realised that when you typed it, it makes it even funnier!

NIce one, seaperson.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I was going to say pretty much what Greenkoolaid wrote.

Though, not everything was started at the same time (i am led to believe). There was a kind of ripple effect, that spread out from the big bang and just kept going (if you believe in the big bang theory.

But, even if earth was made at the exact same time that, say, a planet in the sirius system which is able to support life.

For us, for a long long time, nothing happened, there was no life. Then something started. We had millions of years of dinosaurs before the first apes started walking upright. If this sirius planet didnt have to go through all that, if a sociable creature started to evolve before our dinosaurs started to roam they would have a huge advantage of time over us. Maybe there are planets out there that were placed perfectly for life as soon as they were fully formed. There is no reason at all to think that life had to start at exactly the same timne throughout the universe. There is no reason why that mighnt be so.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There is only one problem - there was no beginning. Therefore everything is infinite and nothing lasts forever except the "everything". Why? Because you cannot EVER have something out of nothing, so if there ever was a period of "time" when NOTHING existed, NOTHING would still exist. Therefore something ALWAYS had to have existed. If it did, that means there is infinite amount of possibilities of what could possibly happen and all exists in the infinite now. Age of the universe = 0. Time is an illusion. Time implies a beginning/end/reference point... but there are only cycles in the infinite now. Also, nothing can be started in the middle of infinity - it's impossible to get to any part of infinity because you'd have to first GO through INFINITY of time to get to ANY PART of it. Infinity / 2 = infinity. That is confusing only if you think of time as being a linear concept as humans are conditioned to believe... but there IS no time, again I reiterate. Sooo there is no time, and no beginning. Only endless cycles. Therefore, not only are we on a radar screen of "something", we are also NOT on top of the food chain, just as our chickens/cows aren't really aware of what's going on when they are in coops and herds and what they are to be used for, neither are we (yet). When humanity finds out (like explaining agriculture to a cow and that it's only a piece of meat and will soon be consumed) something on that level regarding ourselves (that we're completely ignorant of, for now) mass panic and chaos will occur. Sorta. You'll see! This has nothing to do with New Age, Conspiracy Theories, or anything else you have heard. All those things are mostly smoke-screens to divert the populace's attention. This is the time to enjoy life... and learn the meaninglessness of physicality, simply because we ALL know we'll die anyways, and most of us die when least expected. Therefore don't "cling" to anything in this illusion of reality, but just have fun and enjoy yourself as you learn what's really going on. I'm not threatening anyone or making you believe anything I say, all I ask is you be vigilant and objective. Look at everything from many angles and try sifting through these massive lies created for us, you guys might be surprized what you'll discover. What's about to happen on this planet is bigger than anything that has ever happened before in the course of humanity's existance in this cycle. I mean, we existed and will always exist in our artificial "time loop", but for all intents and purposes of our current limited mind, humanity had a beginning/end (implying time, which we by now know is an illusion, or do we still not know that?
). So therefore, the "end" (in quotes, as the end IS the beginning and vice versa, but you will learn that upon the occurance of it) is incoming on a wave, surf's up. We have only a few years to go. Learning is fun! All there is is lessons, nothing less, nothing more.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by lilblam]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Seapeople,

While I agree with many of the things you say (I too would consider myself a skeptic, at least on this forum), there are a few things I think you have wrong that may change your mind.

The closest star to our Sun is the Alpha Centauri system. Roughly 4.22 Light years away. That is still too far for any expedition with our technology at the moment, but it is not millions of light years as previously mentioned. It is quite conceivable that if a superior race DID exsist (not saying it does, but bear with me), it could reach our solar system in a few of our earth years, probably less.
What's more, the Alpha Centauri system has a sun very much like our own, leading many astronomers to believe it would be capable of supporting life on a planet in that system.

Kinda cool to think about actually. And not too much of a stretch to make it simply impossible.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There is also the theory of bending space as Einstein said.

MAybe someone qualified could talk us through this theory.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
One man allowed his friends to hypnotize him and suddenly he found himself in another world filled with grey aliens. One of them touched him on the shoulder and began speaking to him. The man asked the grey, "How did I get here?," and the grey replied, "You are always here. there are worlds within worlds."

The man then asked, "Where are we," and the grey replied, "This is the ninth configuration."

google/worlds within worlds

If matter is condensed energy, it seems reasonable to suppose that the infinite spectrum of energy gives rise to infinite grades of matter, and that grades of matter of sufficiently differing densities or rates of vibration can pass through one another without noticeably interacting. From this point of view, our physical universe could be just one octave in an infinite spectrum of matter-energy, and be interpenetrated by innumerable other worlds, both denser and more ethereal than our own, but beyond our range of perception.6 The concept of worlds within worlds is therefore thoroughly plausible if we pursue some of the basic concepts of science to their logical conclusion.
ourworld.compuserve.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Anyone noticed how similar these two artist's depictions are?

Vincente DePaula's drawing here:
www.geocities.com...

David Baker's depiction of Betty & Barney Hill's aliens:
www.nicap.dabsol.co.uk...

Is that just a coincidence or did DePaula plagiarize Baker's drawing? What I find significant about these depictions is that they more closely match the more credible accounts of close encounters I've heard. They are not the black-eyed greys that have become fashionable lately. Sometimes I wonder if the whole evil Grey alien thing is deliberate disinformation.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by Condorcet]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join