It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts the gayest state?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   

BOSTON (AP) - In the nation's most far-reaching decision of its kind, Massachusetts' highest court declared Tuesday that the state constitution guarantees gay couples the right to marry - a ruling celebrated with a popping of champagne corks and the planning of spring weddings.

"Without a doubt, this is the happiest day of our lives,"
said Gloria Bailey, who with her partner of 32 years was among the seven gay couples who had sued the state in 2001 for refusing to issue them marriage licenses.

Full Story

DISCUSS

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix

BOSTON (AP) - In the nation's most far-reaching decision of its kind, Massachusetts' highest court declared Tuesday that the state constitution guarantees gay couples the right to marry - a ruling celebrated with a popping of champagne corks and the planning of spring weddings.

"Without a doubt, this is the happiest day of our lives,"
said Gloria Bailey, who with her partner of 32 years was among the seven gay couples who had sued the state in 2001 for refusing to issue them marriage licenses.

Full Story

DISCUSS

Maybe but I'm sure that's the gayest topic.

Honestly, every one should have the right to marry themselves, don't see why so many peoples are shocked any way... The more gays there's on the planet, the more womens I have for me

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix

DISCUSS

All I can say is pray, cause the flames will surely come over this. People either think homosexuals should rot in hell, or they just dont care, but the sides definately come out to go tit-for-tat over every legal matter. Personally I'm glad to see it, because if thats what it takes for someone to be happy, then so be it. Life is too short to be denied your happieness because of some bs.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Love is love.

Love does not equate with the law.

Is the problem with law (a creation of humankind) or love (a biological trait of humankind)?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I think we've more important things to worry about in today's world than consenting adults marrying.
Instead of bitching about the repeal of sodomy laws and gay marriage, take care of some of the starving children on America's streets.

Y'know,
just a thought.

-B.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

I think we've more important things to worry about in today's world than consenting adults marrying.
Instead of bitching about the repeal of sodomy laws and gay marriage, take care of some of the starving children on America's streets.

Y'know,
just a thought.

-B.

most definately, now if only people with your mindset were in charge of things! Or perhaps weeding out the CEOs who are screwing over their companies to line their pockets, now theres a much better cause than pissing in someones cherrios over who they want to marry.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Good to see, finally.
Sodomy was legalized this year, and hopefully now gay marriage. Big steps..

In all seriousness, I hope this turns out in the longrun. The battle is surely far from finished.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   

President George W Bush said the ruling violated the concept of marriage as a sacred institution and vowed to work with Congress to defend it.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Why am I not surprised.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I sure hope this ruling holds, how can we license love? And for those who say that gay marriage violates sanctity and morals... well, ever heard of separation of church and state? How can you base a constitional rule in a country founded on religous freedom, on the old testament? I certainly wouldn't base any law on the text of some supposed divine book.

So way to go Massachusetts!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm

President George W Bush said the ruling violated the concept of marriage as a sacred institution and vowed to work with Congress to defend it.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Why am I not surprised.

If two homosexual people are married, how is that not a sacred institution. If their marriage is based in love, I find their marriage to be sacred. Just my two cents...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
....and now....in walks the Federal Supreme Court to finalize the decision,..or overturn it and force the States constitution upheld...

top topics

join