It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is tomorrow the end of the world?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
First off, I put this in the general conspiracy forum because it deals with multiple subjects somewhat.

I was just watching a show about Christmas on the Discovery channel which had a small part about the Star of Bethlehem and how a man(I can't remember his name) figured out that Jesus was actually born in April, 6 B.C. Which, if true, would make the year that we are actually in 2012. Sorry I don't have more information on this, hopefully someone else was watching or knows of who I'm talking about.

So, you know what that means... tomorrow is December 21, 2012.

Is the world going to end tomorrow morning? Or do we still have another 6 years?

Now that I look around it appears the 6 b.c. theory is pretty well known.

www.eclipse.net...

[edit on 12/20/2006 by xxblackoctoberxx]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Truthfully I don't know. But I hope we will have to wait six more years. I have an appointment I must keep, for next week.

P.S., don't believe all you read on the internet.

[edit on 12/20/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I hope you know that B.C. doesn't mean "Before Christ". Also, I don't think anyone does and/or will know that exact date Christ was born, if he was born at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well, it's 12:55 AM on Thursday, December 21st, 2006... World hasn't ended here.
Or does the time zone make a difference? lol Seriously though, I'd heard about that somewhere before I just can't remember where right now. Even if it really is 2012 instead of 2006, I don't see the world ending any time in the near future unless there is a massive meteor strike that blocks out the sun, WW3 breaks out and everyone nukes everyone else, (insert favorite doomsday scenario here), etc. The world may change, but I don't think it's going to end.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The world ended over two decades ago...

Doesn't anyone read their memos?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm more thinking that the year 2012 is supposed to be the year in which the NWO is supposed to be fully in place.

Don't remember exactly where and why I came up with that, though.

But it is more plausible than a doomday scenario, imo.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES

Darn it! I knew I needed to catch up with all the paperwork in my inbox, but I didn't realize I was that far behind!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I'm more thinking that the year 2012 is supposed to be the year in which the NWO is supposed to be fully in place.

Don't remember exactly where and why I came up with that, though.

But it is more plausible than a doomday scenario, imo.

Well, all the mayan calendar did was mark the "end of the ages." Now, your interpretation is one way to look at it. The NWO would certainly be the beginning of a different age. However, I would rather think that 2012 will bring good news instead of bad.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well in my time zone the end of the world will apparently be in 1 minute so let's just see.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Don't forget there are several theories that we've "gained" anywhere between 80 and 300 years somewhere in the dark ages. The result of which could actually make our current year 1706.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
AHHHH!!! The world just ended!!!!

Oh

Wait...there it goes.

Sorry, my bad, I just tripped over the cord. All plugged in.

Go about your buisness, nothing to see here.

Hope all's well with you too.

(snicker)

Cuhail

P.S. What does B.C. stand for? Or B.C.E. for that mattter? I always thought BCE was "Before Christ Everlasting" which started at the time of the crucifiction. I may be wrong (It's always possible)

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
B.C means before Christ. B.C.E. means before common era.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thank you. It rang the bell as soon as I read it.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
And both are exactly the same.

And that 6 (or 4?)years was taken into account when figuring out the end date.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
All I can say is I hope God can hold off a little more on that fire & brimstone light show for a little while longer.

At least until after I see the upcoming Transformers movie! Heck yeah! Transformers -- More than meets the eye

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
Is the world going to end tomorrow morning?

For many people their own personal 'end of the world' will indeed by tomorrow morning. people die every day. For others ... they will live longer. How much longer, we all never know. It's best to be as prepared as you can be for your own personal end of the world.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
well lets not forget that the mayans didnt base their calandar off of christs death/birth so when people say 2012 they have (or should have) picked that date as teh corresponding date to the myans...or i could be wrong lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES

Sorry ...

Slept in - Fire and brimstone on the way now.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
I was just watching a show about Christmas on the Discovery channel which had a small part about the Star of Bethlehem and how a man(I can't remember his name) figured out that Jesus was actually born in April, 6 B.C.

I've watched programs using many historians, scholars, and experts in astronomy and they said it was April 17, 6 BC.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
xxblackoctoberxx, I'm still waiting.

But I won't hold my breath.

Guess we have to wait another 6 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join