It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitiation/challenge to the Psychics of the board....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Some can be naturally good at it, but I stand by that all people have the ability to learn it. And there are ways to test it that leaves out wishfull thinking or placebo. Testing it on other people, or on animals without them knowing about it for example. Not that I mean testing anything bad for them by that of course.

It can be learned, with enough determination and the right means.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think a pretty good example would be for someone to tell you what your other member name is. Of course your style of writing may give it away but it would still show an intuitive ability.

I believe most psychics that are not out and out crooks are mostly just very observant and pick up on things such as pupil dilation, body language, voice changes, etc... These “tells" are named that way for a reason.

I used to get women by observing them first. A favorite of mine was to watch what colors they surrounded themselves with most in clothing and objects (car, etc..) and then I would send them roses or flowers in that color. Worked every time!

[edit on 13-12-2006 by jbondo]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Some can be naturally good at it, but I stand by that all people have the ability to learn it. And there are ways to test it that leaves out wishfull thinking or placebo. Testing it on other people, or on animals without them knowing about it for example. Not that I mean testing anything bad for them by that of course.

It can be learned, with enough determination and the right means.

I apologize, I am a little bit confused. Are you for or against this 'experiment'? Why or why not?

Not trying to step on your shoes here just interested in what your opinion is and why it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm against. First of all, because it seems like a hollywood inspired challenge. Which makes it unrealistic. If he really wants to know about paranormal abilities it would be better to go out and learn it himself, learn what it really is and what is possible and what not. Attempt to learn the skills from the instructions and excersizes he encounters, and then try to apply the learned skill, and check out the results himself.

I think this is the reason why true adepts (which I am not) will never show their abilities out in public. Not because it's fake, but because it has no use to do so.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I'm against. First of all, because it seems like a hollywood inspired challenge. Which makes it unrealistic. If he really wants to know about paranormal abilities it would be better to go out and learn it himself, learn what it really is and what is possible and what not. Attempt to learn the skills from the instructions and excersizes he encounters, and then try to apply the learned skill, and check out the results himself.

I think this is the reason why true adepts (which I am not) will never show their abilities out in public. Not because it's fake, but because it has no use to do so.

Thank you.

Nice answer; honest and simple one too

My mind on the use for a test such as this one isn't changed but I at least understand your posistion now.

I only feel that this is still an acceptable test because a percentage of the
'gifted' community convey the message that they are capable of the things which the OP asks. I do understand that what actual 'adepts' (the ones I believe are genuine at least) are capable of is usually an entirley different matter.

However, it is for that very same reason that the peoples that claim to have these 'hollywood' type abilities should be put to the test. In my opinion it is a psuedo-first step in the weeding out of the ones who give actual adepts a false and impossible point by which others judge their abiity and validity.

I hope I conveyed that clearly.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Three fingers or one toe? Are you Affraid of what you might hear?
Do you want shocking facts or just facts? these are a few questions you should have stated.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
I only feel that this is still an acceptable test because a percentage of the
'gifted' community convey the message that they are capable of the things which the OP asks.

That's very true... Those who open their mouths and brag in public should put up or shut up..

However, it is for that very same reason that the peoples that claim to have these 'hollywood' type abilities should be put to the test. In my opinion it is a psuedo-first step in the weeding out of the ones who give actual adepts a false and impossible point by which others judge their abiity and validity.

I hope I conveyed that clearly.

Loud & clear. I don't know what the OP intentions are, but the way you are mentioning here is a good way to clear out the hoaxes.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
For most people here, stating that "I will never use my powers for the sake of money, or to simply prove that the phenomenon exists.", I for one believe they are either among those who are faking, or they don't know for certain if they can switch it on and off. It's a ridiculous understatement to say its only because of individual 'ethics'.

If I truly had these powers, I still woulden't (like many others) go show them off in public. Not because I am afraid that the government, for example, would make me do all sorts of manic scientific researches on me... But because; I just don't give a damn what others think.

So for anyone that actually have these psychic abilities, show us... And let's get this damn question (that's been looping across everyone's minds in the last 50 years) answered, so we might sleep better at night. It's egoistical to put up 'ethics' for psychic powers. Just show us...

My two cent.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It doesn't have anything to do with ethics. It has to do with whether the person is willing to find out for themselves if it exists or not. You can be skeptical and try to find out what's real and what's not. Lots of practitioners usually are at first, but take the plunge.

There are tons of sites, courses, books, e-books, video's etc to learn these things. Try it yourself. Put some effort in it instead of being lazy and wanting other people to prove it, while you don't even know what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
" So for anyone that actually have these psychic abilities, show us... And let's get this damn question (that's been looping across everyone's minds in the last 50 years) answered, so we might sleep better at night. It's egoistical to put up 'ethics' for psychic powers. Just show us..."

May as well not hold your breath with these delusional people, They are most likely afraid of losing customers to their psychic hot lines.Or losing customers that visit them with the crystal ball looking at the future.They troll around these forums hoping to find people to believe in them.Totally a wrong way to make a buck

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Dude.. It's not nice to generalise about other people. Just leave that out your discussion please.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ok sorry about that,will try to remember.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Your name is Michael, you are 37 years old and have no children.
You are in a relationship at the moment but feel a need to search for more in your life than your job and circle of friends. I see a trip to Venice Italy in your near future
Yoiu have 2 dogs - both Terriers and have always struggled with your weight - even though others don't see you as overwight, you have a problem with your self image.
Financially you made a bad decision around 11 years ago and this has set you back until quite recently but DONT take the advice of a female friend who wants you to invest in something with in the next 4 months.
The pain behind your left knee needs to be looked at as it will get worse unless treated very soon.

How did I do?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistr_b2
May as well not hold your breath with these delusional people, They are most likely afraid of losing customers to their psychic hot lines.Or losing customers that visit them with the crystal ball looking at the future.They troll around these forums hoping to find people to believe in them.Totally a wrong way to make a buck

It is a comment like this that makes me not feel bad when I respond with a comment like this: You sir, are a very ignorant person. I ask you to leave this thread and to stop blatantly insulting the members of this forum.

Thank you.

EDIT- I apologize if I stepped out of line. I realize that it could have been handled better.

Sorry all around.

[edit on 12/13/0606 by spines]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Spines, it's also better for members to not discuss other members, and their personalities here either.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slaine01
Your name is Michael, you are 37 years old and have no children.
You are in a relationship at the moment but feel a need to search for more in your life than your job and circle of friends. I see a trip to Venice Italy in your near future
Yoiu have 2 dogs - both Terriers and have always struggled with your weight - even though others don't see you as overwight, you have a problem with your self image.
Financially you made a bad decision around 11 years ago and this has set you back until quite recently but DONT take the advice of a female friend who wants you to invest in something with in the next 4 months.
The pain behind your left knee needs to be looked at as it will get worse unless treated very soon.

How did I do?

You actually got the first line right on,not bad,I don't think I ever gave my name or age to anyone so that does seem interesting.Although I do know that many Psychic hotlines rely heavily on the internet to find answers fast.I dont have any pain in my knees but they are stiff climbing down stairs,no dogs,A crazy ex-girlfriend and I don't speak Italian and will most likely never visit Italy.Other than that,not too bad but I am still a sceptic

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Scary huh...
This was a "vibe" I got by just reading your initial post.
I don't think i have any ability at all but its funny how "I know" that I will get in trouble with the wife when I spend too much money on the credit card....

If I really where psychic I would be winning Lotto weekly..
(Although guessing your name and age spun me out a little as this was the only "real" thought I had and the rest was just observation.........)
I suppose the trick here is to pick up on all the things I got wrong and not the one or two things I got right in order to ascertain an "ability" or not.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ummm ... Yeah ... That's right ... Do it yourself. Why should you ask others who say they can do it, while you cannot, to show what they can do?

Ummm ... Yeah... That's right.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
LOL absolutely no disrespect but the only two thoughts I had after reading the initial post was 1) here we go again...the trolls will have a field day and 2) lose the facial hair...mustache...

I KNOW I got at least one right he he he.

Seriously...I belive there are true abilities in us all, some stronger than others but I have yet to meet a single clairvoyant or "physcic" who is bang on 100% of the time...I just don't think it works that way...people are unpredictable and so are their minds.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
" Scary huh...
This was a "vibe" I got by just reading your initial post. "

Ok wait a minute,you actually did get my age wrong in a sense.I have a fake profile that I have used to register at many different forums and many web sites where they ask for profile information.I always put the same fake info because of the big identity theft problem.So you actually guessed my fake age correctly
How you got my first name,I need to figure that one out because I don't usually put my real name in a profile.I have put my first name at more serious web sites for buying stuff or credit card applications.So, it is actually not hard to find every bit of info from an email or a user ID like my mistr_b2.I have used this one all over the web.If in fact you really did just take a wild guess then,congrats

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join