It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitiation/challenge to the Psychics of the board....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have been a long time reader of this board, and an active poster under another name. I have created this username to mark my new beginning here on the board(since I have't really visited since the layout changes), as well as a new beginning in my ever-growing search for knowledge.

Yes, I know all that should have gone in the introductions forum, but I'm not new. So I did not feel the need to post a re-introduction.

On to the topic at hand..

My recent studies have led me to the conclusion that while psychic abilities may exist, most people that claim to posess them are in it for negative and false reasons...

Personally, I believe we all posess the abilities to see the past, the future, and current events not of our own. I believe we all have the ability to move objects with our minds....not necessarily by willing them to move just by thinking about it, but by manipulating the energies of them and around them..

What I would like to test is the validity of my beliefs on these issues....

A lot of people here claim to have these abilities, and I am requesting unquestionable proof...By that, I am searching for the following....

1. Tell me things about my life or the life of those around me (loved ones). Tell me things that nobody would know from a simple Google search or vague generalizations.....

2. Give me evidence of telekenesis. I want something impressive. This does not include a psi-wheel or any other non-scientific device.

Make me truly believe that we are capable of having these abilities.

To make it a little easier, I will answer a few "yes or no" questions. If these powers are as truly remarkable and unique as those who have them like to claim, my simple "yes or no's" will be enough of a starting ground.

Feel free to communicate through U2U, as I do not want people to claim I am simply creating this thread to earn points. This is a valid attempt at searching for proof. I will be completely honest with all who participate.

I am eager to hear from someone, anyone at all, that may be able to reach out and influence my beliefs....This will be a very important process for me, and I hope to see some results...

Thank you all for reading my post, and please do contribute, if not in the post itself, via U2U.

Have a great evening....

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In addition to this I , Myself, would like to know what these abilities feel like. We all know how it feels to lift a pencil with the hands. I wanna know how it feels, physically, to lift a pencil with the mind.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Azazelus,
I see you are honest in your request, you state clearly you are sceptic. Scepticism is good.

But I would never use my gift in a game as I see this.
Why do you have a need to prove this?
Yes there are fakes there are those who exploit others.
Those who only seek the self will always degenerate what is good and whole in our world. Paranormal, Science, Love, All.

I wish you good luck with you "project".
WIS

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus

Make me truly believe that we are capable of having these abilities.

No one should have the capability to make you believe in anything, lest you permit it.

You seek proof outwardly when the proof lies within your own capabilities.

You will never fully accept it as a truth, and the truth is the truth can not be given, only experienced.

I like your thread/intro alot. i just thought i would comment that it would be irresponsible for anyone to attempt to make you believe anything.

i just thought i would offer my thoughts about that.

thanks for the good read,
john

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This will certainly be interesting.

I do believe that your 'quest' is a sincere one, and, while I am learning Psionics and the whole 'Psi' thing, I am not nearly consistent enough to offer up what I can do as evidence.

I can, if you wish, send you a few videos that I am unable to explain. If you can figure out an explanation to go with said videos than I'd be most glad. However, if you cannot find an explanation for them, I suggest that you might take them for the evidence you want.

U2U me if you'd like the videos.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think no one will accept this challenge because they all know they dont have any real ability

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I apologize....

By "make me believe," what I meant was, provide me with something that defies my own logic....something that is unexplainable...something that leaves me with no choice but to believe....

I agree that this is also an inner quest and that is something that should be personal to me...but I ask someone to demonstrate their own abilities before I delve into unknown territory on my own...

EDIT...Sorry for the edit, but I wanted to let Voidmaster know I am interested, but I cannot U2U you until I have 20 posts.....

Do you have these videos hosted somewhere?....If not, can you do so and post a link?

Thank you for your interest!

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Azazelus]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Waffle ... Waffle ... Back Peddle ... Back Peddle ... Hmmm... Let's see if there is anyone worth their salt that can answer a few questions and provide evidence. Such as ... I knew you were going to post this thread two weeks ago!

Umm...

When the time is right the teacher will appear.
It is not for me to tell you, you must go inside and figure it out on your own.
I can not waste my gifts on something so mundane as a test. But for 100 dollars an hour I will provide personal guidance ...

Simple question here ... If you have those capabilitiies, why can you not, instead of offering up platitudes of ineptitude, give the sincere seeker a couple of small answers?

I guess I sound a little rude, but I got raked over the coals last year by a moderator for "harassing" a fellow who was supposedly providing answers from the great beyond to questions posted by what I perceived to be the gullible.

Unfortunately, he sounded more like someone who was doing it for ego gratification, was not able to provide answers to anything that didn't sound like gobbledygook, generalities, and incorrect mumblings and rantings. And when he decided to try and shut me up, didn't have simple enough information right.

I have steered clear of this particular venue, because it seems that the folks who are supposedly psychic appear to be unable to perform under the pressure of being asked to ... er ... perform. And are very good at providing mystical duck-dodge-weave type of reasonings galore.

It will be interesting to see if anyone can come up with some simple evidence for this ernest seeker. Somehow ... I hope that I won't have to hold my breath too long, but ... I won't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ha ha ,Ditto on that last post

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I dont think its a good way of testing to see if people really have abilities, I have certain abilities that I have been trying to harness for the greater good for the past 6 years, since I was 9, it was something I heard about children being strong in these areas, but over time they lose it because of the world we live in, its not that accepting and it doesnt teach one how to harness this, I do beleive I have many years to go before I can actualy see the future at will or read someones mind whenever I feel like it, I do NOT want this for personal gain but to be able to help others, at the moment it takes me up to several hours of concentration before I can even begin to find things out about someone or reaf their thoughts, and I have very few friends who are willing to help me with this, though I have a few.

My point is, to ask someone to tell you things about your life that no one else knows from a distance is a tad absurd, it can take a life time to harness these abilities to do what you are asking, I am not saying its impossible, but its very improbable that someone will actualy come back to you with accurate information.

I am not an expert in this field by any means, so if I said something that is completely wrong please correct me, I am always open to knowledge.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
" My point is, to ask someone to tell you things about your life that no one else knows from a distance is a tad absurd,"

Ya, see this is the problem I have with all those millions of Psychic hot lines advertised everywhere,even ads in this forum.Bogus money making scams everywhere.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
Azazelus,
I see you are honest in your request, you state clearly you are sceptic. Scepticism is good.

But I would never use my gift in a game as I see this.
Why do you have a need to prove this?
Yes there are fakes there are those who exploit others.
Those who only seek the self will always degenerate what is good and whole in our world. Paranormal, Science, Love, All.

I wish you good luck with you "project".
WIS

Wait, what? You would not use your gift to prove that your gift is genuine?

Call me a bit of a skeptic but this is exactly the type of thing that discredits the entire concept of psychic abilities.

"Oh, I can't help you by using my gift...this is to...umm, well it's a game and I don't play games. I mean seriously, proof is umm...not proof. Yea, thats the ticket!"

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I can, if you wish, send you a few videos that I am unable to explain.

Is there anyway you can download those videos the the site?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines

Wait, what? You would not use your gift to prove that your gift is genuine?

Call me a bit of a skeptic but this is exactly the type of thing that discredits the entire concept of psychic abilities.

"Oh, I can't help you by using my gift...this is to...umm, well it's a game and I don't play games. I mean seriously, proof is umm...not proof. Yea, thats the ticket!"

yep, that's where I stand too....not to jump on spines's bandwagon but I did just buy a ticket for a ride!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Whoever really wants to know about psychic abilities would have to attempt to learn and apply those abilities themselves. Learn what it's really about. Not the distorted image of it that Cable Tv & Hollywood brings.

There are enough websites with methods to learn (either free or for sale).

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Creative challenge, props to the original poster.

I'm not psychic, but I do feel confident in making one prediction of my own. ATS's "real" psychics will react one of two ways to this thread:

a) Read it, but not post. preferring to hide and not be exposed as frauds.

b) Act indignant and offended, "Ack, how dare you ask me to participate in such a ridiculous exercise! I have nothing to prove to the likes of you!", refusing to participate because their "abilities" are more imagined than real.

I truly believe that some people have certain gifts, and I believe that one day a explanation, possibly based upon the Theory of Quantum Entanglement, will be found. However, I also think that these gifts are truly rare, like one in a million, and that ATS's "overpopulation" of self proclaimed psychics are really attention seekers.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

1. Tell me things about my life or the life of those around me (loved ones).

You have a ghost in your family [Jesse?], an auntie that had become a 'family legend'. She has long blonde hair and is in her late 30, early 40s.

I'm being as specific as possible as this kind of stuff is so erratic that imagination and suggestion can easily corrupt the 'message'. I realise it may not even be a message but an invention of my own mind.. I'm just indulging 'just in case'.

[edited for spelling]

[edit on 13-12-2006 by riley]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

1. Tell me things about my life or the life of those around me (loved ones).

You have a ghost in your family [Jesse?], an auntie that had become a 'family legend'. She has long blonde hair and is in her late 30, early 40s.

I appreciate the attempt, but I can say, without a doubt, this is 100% incorrect. May I ask how this information came to you though? I would like to hear of the process which led to this conclusion.

This was pretty much what I am looking for. Come out and tell me something along these lines. Again, I am willing to answer a few "yes or no" questions to help anyone out.

Thank you again, to everyone, for the input to my thread. I am still anticipating finding someone that can do something to literally give me the chills or something comparable. This will be the confirmation that I am seeking in my quest for knowledge. If someone can help me to truly believe, I will then begin to delve into my own in-depth studies....

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I appreciate the attempt, but I can say, without a doubt, this is 100% incorrect.

Hey I gave it a shot.. would've been so cool if you had've said "How the hell did you know!?"

May I ask how this information came to you though? I would like to hear of the process which led to this conclusion.

I just said the first imagry/scenario that came to mind. When it has been something spookie it's been 'imposed' from outside with a sense of urgency [some years ago now- not sure why it hasn't been happening lately]. It's difficult to explain.. it's probably like aliens or ghosts; you have to experience these things first hand before you can truly believe in them. Also.. if you do ever have a 'bout' of the weired stuff.. it can be like opening a flood gate. Be prepared.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Whoever really wants to know about psychic abilities would have to attempt to learn and apply those abilities themselves. Learn what it's really about. Not the distorted image of it that Cable Tv & Hollywood brings.

Or couldn't we simply ask for some sort of quantitative proof, as the OP has done?

The way I see these abilities --as I do believe that some individuals possess the 'gift'-- are rare. No matter how much I learn about and practice the art of these abilities I will not see results unless I possess this gift from the get go. Subsequently, any results that I do 'see' would be wishful thinking, an overactive imagination/visualization or a combination the two.

So, I think that and experiment such as this is perfect for proving the actual abilities of thee individuals who populate this forum with claims of their abilities.

Just to add one thing: What I have said does not mean that certain people havent had 'outbursts' in this area. I am sure that some traumatic or emotionally intense situations have triggered an accute instance of ability.

Just and aditional 2cents to the pot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join