It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is the "The Heaviest Metal band Ever"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
deicide - satanic death metal band known for live animal sacrifice at concerts, i can say i've not heard a heavier, darker band.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by namehere

oops wrong band, i meant marduk.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
listening to marduk on myspace now, i cant find anything about animal sacrifices or any real satanism on they're part. care to provide any evidence of your claims?

p.s they arent that heavy

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
if i had to pick any band that is the heaviest of all time id probablly have to say youre all f#%king idiots

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
too bad your thread is being filled with a bunch of people who only know the mainstream, and slightly above. I have to say that the most brutal bands are,
1.Anaal Nathrakh
2.Bestial Warlust
3.Prostitute Disfigurement
and
4. Cryptopsy (old music, not including the gay metalcore version they are know)
plus a bunch of black metal bands including Otargos, 1349, gorgoroth, etc. all sorta tie together

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Origin is defiantly the most heavy metal band.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would say either Lamb of God or Sepultura. Whoever says Deep Purple is wrong. They're sure as hell one of the BEST metal bands, but they're definitely not one of the heaviest.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
To be honest i think Waking the Cadaver is pretty brutal and heavy.
You have to be really heavy to pull off lyrics like "i like to colour paint" and "I don't like rice" when the song is called Chased through the Woods by a Rapist. =]

Either them, or cannibal corpse.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
They weighed um'!!!!

Lutetium is the heaviest metal.

"Lutetium is a chemical element in the periodic table that has the symbol Lu and atomic number 71. A metallic element of the rare earth group, lutetium usually occurs in association with yttrium and is sometimes used in metal alloys and as a catalyst in various processes. A strict correlation between periodic table blocks and chemical series for neutral atoms would describe lutetium as a transition metal, but it is commonly considered a lanthanide.

= = = = = = = =

OT Joke!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is a close one, I'm going to say either "Cannibal Corpse" or "Behemoth" check em out, they are brutal as #!! Cannibal Corpse is a Death metal band, Behemoth is a black metal band or in other words satanic metal

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Great thread...

I dont think ive seen it on here but im gonna have to go with

Amon Amarth they are truly one of the heaviest out there.... if you never heard of em look them up they have some of the most powerful wanna grab a battle axe and start chopping of heads kinda music out there... great vocals awesome guitar and some deep fast drumming...

Long Live Viking metal..

seriously i cant think of a song of theirs i dont like look em up on myspace or the vids on youtube...

but then again maybe Opeth the Prog metal masters

Peace

Justice

PS.. amon amarth has some song from their unreleased cd up on their myspace.

peace

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
chelsea grin
the berzerker
waking the cadaver

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
chelsea grin is the hardest band you will ever find

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I definitely have to cast a vote for meshuggah because their songs are beyond heavy especially with their 8 string de-tuned guitars, grinding songs in odd time signatures, and their brutal monotone vocals. I think that makes them very heavy.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Deiced- Stan Spawn of the Cato Demon

this song will scar you for life. I listened to it earlier in this thread. It makes bands like gwar, all that remains, all that #, sound like Hannah Montanna.
How do people come up with such irregular, heavy, just insane music.

For those of you who say metallica, pantera, magadeth, iron maiden, go die. I love those bands but they dont belong on this thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would actually have to say Morbid Angel. There one of the first death metal bands,and i think one of the heaviest. Napalm Death would be up there with them to
i luv Gwar to

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Im gonna have to say Heaven shall burn or Cavalera Conspiracy. There song "sanctuary" is brutal

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join