It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is the "The Heaviest Metal band Ever"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've seen Gwar in concert... Some Crazy Heavy Stuff There. The women in the mosh pit were probably more crazier than the band though.

But ultimately it's hard for me to say who the Heaviest Metal Band Ever was/is... I can say that I think the "Heaviest Metal Album Ever" is, Master of Puppets, by Metallica! ( I hear the new Album coming out 2008 will mimic the Master of Puppets Album... thank goodness Bob Rock is no longer their producer! )

However I'll list a few that I think can easily fall into the category:
- Slayer
- Suicidal Tendencies
- Pantera
- Sanctuary

LONG LIVE HEAVY METAL

EDIT: Replaced a four letter word with a five letter word.

[edit on 22/6/2008 by wyldwylly]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Some great bands listed on this thread. For me, heaviness is best felt when some of the anger is contained; all out fury is lacking something. Heaviness is certainly fast and furious and brutal, but there has to be something held back, else it actually loses heaviness. Therefore, my vote would be Rammstein (especially the album Herzeleid). Tool -- when they're not being "experimental" -- can be beautifully heavy too.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Last Days of Humanity

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
I wouldn't have any Idea about this one. I did see a mtv2 commercial advertising some Norwegin Black Metal Band. The one where they say he's the meanist guy in the world. I didn't get the bands name. I guess the ad was for a book from what I could tell.

probly dimmu borgier or maybe gorgoroth
bother equaly bad

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Heaven Shall Burn is probably the sickest metal band i've ever heard of. They have pretty heavy guitars but they're drums are completely insane especially on the song Endzeit (BEST DEATH METAL SONG EVER). Other pretty heavy ones are Kataklysm and Cannibal Corpse. Arch Enemy isn't that bad either.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MetalSphere

I reckon TORSO# or XXX MANIAK are the heaviest bands i know..._javascript:icon('')

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Crowbar or Eyehategod. Black Sabbath was the first and a huge and direct influence on New Orleans metal bands.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Lordi, his music makes my ears bleed in a good way.

I'm not too into Heavy Metal, but this band perfected it.

JbT

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Jethro Tull ....................

"First thing we're going to do is thank Jethro Tull for not putting out an album this year."
~Metallica

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Heaviest band that will make you throw your hair around is Exhumed. (Matter of Splatter \m/)

The fastest bands out there are Braindrill or F***... I'm Dead.

My preference is black metal and the heaviest black metal band IMO is 1349. It really sounds like Hellfire would.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

everyone is gonna laugh at me, but the purest evil sounding thing i've ever heard is 'seven churches' by possessed. a lot of these grind and death bands all use detuners on their voices and other effects to make it sound heavier. possessed came out around '84 or so, and they didn't have all that back then. plus, it's not polished at all. a lot of bands are very produced, even cannibal corpse imo. go pick up 'seven churches'. it's so raw and jeff becerra's voice sounds so shredding it sends chills up my spine.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
heaviest metal song = none. there arte too many black metal bands that sound the same, for instance deicide, bloodgasm, divine empire.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Bring Me The Horizon.

I love them, and their as heavy as it gets.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard Origin? In terms of shear heavyness, they are unparelleled in my opinion. If you're a fan of double bass blast beats that almost run together, check them out.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Origin rules. I'm fortunate in that they will be coming through my city next month \m/

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, why the 'heaviest' band?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
thanks everyone for your opinion, the music i usually listen to is getting stale, so lately ive been wanting to find some new stuff ( at least to me ). so you have helped me out, thanks again.

in my opinion the heaviest band is pantera, but megadeth is my favorite.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join