It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is the "The Heaviest Metal band Ever"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry, call my crazy buy I can't stand scandanavian metal. I feel that it's over-hyped and just all around yuck!

Intreped, my fiance's favorite band is Motorhead. You can bet that we will be headbanging to some Motorhead at my wedding next September!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I almost forgot, here is another one of my old favourites:

ANVIL!
Forged in Fire

And

(Sound isn't the greatest though)

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Toadmund]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I can't believe I'm reading the likes of.. Motorhead, Metallica, Pantera, etc. Yes! All time amazing, prominent, sound-defining, awesome bands. But, the likes of 'Ace of Spades' (ok I'm not completely familiar with Motorhead, but....), 'Master Of Puppets' and '5 minutes alone' get's it's soul smashed the # in by the likes of Meshuggah!!! They have only a few different styles (generally), all of which are kinda mind#s (until you get familiar with them of course). In comparison to the likes of Cannibal Corpse, who are heavy as a big fat ho and much more ear friendly when you're familiar with them... the clarity isn't quite there throughout. Every power chord, single bass string pluck/slap, downtuned, pitch-bend from hell to hell-flat Meshuggah performs kicks your face to bits. Don't get me wrong, they are not my favourite band (Tool are, incidently), but they definately get even the most complex of minds into a maze of memory 'Krypton Factor' type scenarios.

Of course.. opinions are like arseholes.......

Everybody's got one.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Oops! Just read the name bezerker. Kinda forgot about those mostrous beeyatches. OK, fastest drummer in the world (double kicks) but....... Meshuggah still wear the crown.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Hmmm. Jizzlobber is no longer available. I've found a new one. Here:

Faith No More - Jizzlobber (audio only)

Gonna get a toupé, Gonna get a toupé, Gonna get a toupé...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
All your votes will beg for mercy! Allow me to introduce the mighty MESHUGGAH:
Long live European metal!!!
(Edit - They use 8 string guitars for God's sake!
)

Doesn't appear to be long lived... The second video is gone doesn't work and the first one, hm, well (can I say blows?)... No offense... All the other ones people have mentioned are blah too.. no offense..

If I had to choose one that sounded decent and was still hard go with Mudvayne... Dude has some awesome lyrics and crazy voice...

or you could go with limp bizkit.. LMAO JK!!!! Kinda funny Fred predicted the outcome of his band in the name... LOL... :bnghd::bash:

Ok so I noticed the video works if you actually visit YouTUBE... What's up with that? I tried to post a couple and they don't work on here either... Only on the main site... hmmm...

[edit on 12-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I've heard that the drummer of Manowar has a stone that weighs 1 tonne inside of his bassdrum, to prevent it from moving while he's playing. That's how heavy they are...

Manowar - Bridge of Death (1984)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ive been into the heaviest sh!# i can find, and id have to say Year of Desolation. Peep them at their myspace and youll know what i mean. They only have one album, but i say they take the cake. (and btw, Black Sabbath is FAR from the heaviest, they're just good :bash:.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
PANTERA IS THE BEST!!!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It just doesnt get any heavier than Slayer!!!!

While alot of people may think its all the music of the devil..
Its just an act.. Its not something these guys take home with them..

Atleast these guys give those people on sunday something to talk about!
Slayer is a great Band, and I have seen them live 5 times!!!

They truely Rock!! And they are by all means Heavy as you can get when it comes down to metal!! Anything heavier would pretty much be deathmetal.. and thats a totally different beast in itself!

And just being me.. I could never leave out Ironmaiden!!!
While they may not be the heaviest of all metal..
By far they are my #1 Band! I have had the honor of seeing Ironmaiden 1 time in my life.. I totally wish I could have seen them more than 1 time!

These guys are Gods umoung metal!!! While sure.. They are men, and if I saw them on the street I wouldnt freak out, or act all silly.
Star struck maybe.. But I would just say, "you guys are the cheif stone of rock!" And then I would be on my way..

Up with the Irons! Ironmaiden is immortal!!!

[edit on 15-5-2008 by zysin5]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
FEAR FACTORY ALL THE WAY FOR ME!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This stuff will give you brain damage.

For me it's a throw up

Deicide - Satan Spawn the Caco-Daemon

Morbid Angel - Rapture

Cannibal Corpse are some real sick puppies too.

[edit on 5/16/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by outofstep

iDIOTS IS ONE OF THOSE:
Gorgoroth
Cradle of filth
Amon Amarth

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by outofstep

iDIOTS IS ONE OF THOSE:
Gorgoroth
Cradle of filth
Amon Amarth

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My opinion is that Job For A Cowboy is the heaviest band ever

that song is proof

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
As stated, Black Sabbath set the metal standards so, they will always be the heaviest band since they were the first actual "heavy metal" band.

As for currently, and I realize not everyone will think the same way as I do because we all have different opinions on "heaviness" of music.

My list would go (in this order):
Impending Doom
The Faceless
Nile
Dying Fetus
Beneath The Massacre
Whitechapel
A Different Breed Of Killer

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
3 little words

F*ck im dead

2 songs by them first is called colon commando

and i think this one is called ontourage

or maybe another band i found by the name of c*ck and ball torture
this is a little song called anal sex terror

god i hope i dont get banned for these

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't have any Idea about this one. I did see a mtv2 commercial advertising some Norwegin Black Metal Band. The one where they say he's the meanist guy in the world. I didn't get the bands name. I guess the ad was for a book from what I could tell.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join