It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
WHO EVER said ANYTHING about NOT analyzing photographs?!
It's the continued whining, attacking, talking to DEATH that is wasted energy AFTER they've been analyzed.

NOBODY on this thread has done any of this either. I was talking about the so called, self appointed "UFO wannabe celebrities" out there who are doindg NOTHING but complain about the bloody pictures. Rather than trying to find MORE IMAGES or MORE Witnesses they seem to be hoping to get some "press" by slamming what is already found.

THAT'S what I don't understand.

Anyone who would blindly accept ANY photo of an incident like this is well, you know...

I personally could not care less what anyone thinks of the photo(s), I don't have any investment in them in at all, they are nothing more than a data point.

DATA POINTS are ALL we can hope to get and I believe anyone who truly wants to get at the truth behind this sighting should be focused on getting them and NOT wasting energy re-hashing the same old tired arguments.

See? I've spent almost 2 hours now screwing around with this instead of talking to the Tribune, THIS is what wears me out.

I'm outta here for a while, got some calls to make.

Springer...

ah DANG ok, now i got it

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just got off the phone with The Chicago Tribune, The reporter who broke this story is not coming back to work from vacation until 02 February, 2007. This REALLY puts us in a holding pattern.

Well, like I said earlier if we can keep spreading the word EVERYWHERE we can think of that we NEED more images and witnesses we may get lucky before then.

Springer...

[edit on 1-30-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Alright I'm off for ORD to hopefully get some info. I hope to post back later tonight ... it might not be until after midnight though as I have to spend some QT with the gf before work hits me again for the week. Wish me luck ...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickless

When you do a google search with "o'hare ufo" the first page that pops up is the nuforc site and then comes the Tribute, ufos.about.com, rense.com etc. I think those sites are such that they could and would make more to encourage witnesses to come forward.

Why doesn't the nuforc site for example contain a big banner at the top requesting specially the O'Hare witnesses to come forward?

Good thought, and for that matter why aren't WE doing that on ATS? We've got a good search engine ranking and we've already had a few witnesses come forward, so there may be more just reading this thread that aren't sure whether to come forward or not. Why don't we put up a big red banner and make it clear we're searching for them?

[edit on 1/30/2007 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Listen im not trying to be critical about the scrutinzing of Photos I am only trying to say that historical photos, unless they happen to be very well known, serve as somewhat flawed comparisons in that they could be purposely planted. If something is obviously a copy or a fake then YES declare it so otherwise I think it's to our benefit to leave the door to possibility open. Thats all.

Where are all the witnesses? I would be sooo curious to see what The Tribune writer has received. Maybe the Govt. pulled the plug on the story siting national security and terrorism in regards to ORD airspace. Who really knows. What I do know is that if all these witness reports are right then there should be some great photos and they have yet to surface!

AS

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Just got off the phone with The Chicago Tribune, The reporter who broke this story is not coming back to work from vacation until 02 February, 2007. This REALLY puts us in a holding pattern.

I find it interesting that the main reporter, pretty much known in all the articles about this story, decides to take a vacation during what's possibly a flurry of emails and phone contacts to the CT about this 'breaking' story. I mean, this story's gone world-wide...what would *you* do if you were this reporter? Drink Corona's in a hammock on a sandy beach while the tide rolls in....or....well, that *does* sound enticing....

Hmm..I wonder if he was made to take a vacation to let things cool down a while...?

Well, either way, I hope they don't think it'll go away that quickly.

Stay on'em Springer!!

From the movie Top Gun:

ATC Tower Officer: "Two of your snot-nosed jockeys did a fly-by on my tower at over four hundred knots! I want somebody's butt, I want it now, I've had it!"

((ATC Tower Office storms out of office and gets more coffee spilled on him))

ATC Tower Officer: "I want some butts!!!"

Viper: "That just about covers the fly-bys."

Jester: "Follow me."

Hydden

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Springer, what's your guess behind Jon Hilkevitch of the Chicago Tribune (reporter who broke the story in the mainstream news) suddenly going on vacation? It seems odd that he would do this at this moment, taking time off after such a big event covered by his article.

I wonder if this is simply an excuse for him to "disappear" for awhile to unofficially talk to witnesses, strategize for another presentation, attempt to make further contacts with the FAA and other gov't agencies, writing a book??....who knows??

Or maybe he is legitimately tired from his recent frenetic schedule and needs some time off?

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hydden, great minds think alike.....and apparently at the same time too!!! ;-)

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MachXX
Hydden, great minds think alike.....and apparently at the same time too!!! ;-)

Hehe...no doubt!

Hydden

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My personal thoughts are this guy had a scheduled vacation and took it. I dont think he wanted to cover the Ohare UFO to begin with. He is a transportation writer not a UFO buff. The story died in the mainstream press on January 1st. They ran one story about something strange seen over Ohare......yea he did a few follow up interviews but for the most part this story is dead to all but us followers online

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShadow
My personal thoughts are this guy had a scheduled vacation and took it. I dont think he wanted to cover the Ohare UFO to begin with. He is a transportation writer not a UFO buff. The story died in the mainstream press on January 1st. They ran one story about something strange seen over Ohare......yea he did a few follow up interviews but for the most part this story is dead to all but us followers online

I hate to admit, but I have the same feelings. They are probable saying that he is on holiday or whatever because he's busy with other things, or maybe he is really on holiday and can't be bothered by the whole story. Perhaps he was just acting really interesting only for the camera, because after all you have to smile for the camera and act interested.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

They ran one story about something strange seen over Ohare......yea he did a few follow up interviews but for the most part this story is dead to all but us followers online

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. The UFO Phenomena is getting a lot of attention lately. National Geographic has a show on about UFOs right now, History Channel has the UFO Files, and CNN covered the Hawaii UFO sighting today about an hour ago. And then the story about the O'Hare sighting was said to be the top story ever on the Tribunes website.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This thread has hooked me for the last some days. that makes no never-matter.

i have a request of the mods, though. PLEASE.

Can we start a new thread on this topic and close this thread? because at 84 (?) pages, trying to follow the pertinent is too much (for me).

i want to say to Eyewitness: i adore your input and thank you much. i recognise what you've described but am unwilling to put out, as yet. (not to do with the O'Hare event, but the description you made.)

regards, Floh.

p.s. nothing on German news, for everyone's information. but we're an exeptionally skeptical lot. apart from meee.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yes top story ever with no follow ups what so ever. I dunno just seemed like when i saw him on that interview on CLTV he seemed less than enthusiastic.

Plus i am sure he doesnt get to pick and choose his stories...his editor says
"Hey they claim there was a UFO at Ohare Go check it out"
and he has no choice but to follow orders.

Just my opinion of course

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Based on the "off air" conversation I watched between John Hilkevich and the news guy I seriously DISAGREE with the thought he 'has blown the story off" or "lost interest in it".

I certainly AGREE with the idea he had a vacation planned and took it however. I've been in Chicago in January, and Michegan Ave is the COLDEST place on Earth when the wind is blowing off that frozen lake!

Idle speculation about Mr. Hilkevich is entertaining but doesn't really change a thing. The guy seemed VERY enthusiastic and pretty surprised about the story on the interview. Let's face it, EVERY reporter's dream (REGARDLESS of what they typically report on) is to get a National Story, ask one if you know one.

That being said, I'd have to add it is pretty crazy that he is completely OUT OF TOUCH with all this happening. I wouldn't want to start a rumor that he has been "ordered" to go on vacation or anything like that there just isn't any basis for it at this point.

Springer...

[edit on 1-30-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yes top story ever with no follow ups what so ever.

What do mean? Hilkevitch followed up the story on Jan 8th.

UFO report stirs believers, skeptics

I agree with Springer in that IMO Hilkevitch seemed genuinely interested in the story and the fact that the FAA reversed it's position after he filed a FOIA request.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MachXX
Springer, what's your guess behind Jon Hilkevitch of the Chicago Tribune (reporter who broke the story in the mainstream news) suddenly going on vacation? It seems odd that he would do this at this moment, taking time off after such a big event covered by his article.

I wonder if this is simply an excuse for him to "disappear" for awhile to unofficially talk to witnesses, strategize for another presentation, attempt to make further contacts with the FAA and other gov't agencies, writing a book??....who knows??

Or maybe he is legitimately tired from his recent frenetic schedule and needs some time off?

What do you think?

Or maybe he's in the basement of some govt. building being told "will you please drop this story for us? Pretty please." every time he's allowed to come up for air from the bucket of water. Wait we don't torture people. I forgot.

[edit on 053131p://010756 by HectorRmz]

[edit on 053131p://010727 by HectorRmz]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi everyone,just wanted to let you know about this.
Two More Photographs of UFO over O’Hare by Employee
Look at the end of the page: pic1.funtigo.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Good luck, Fiverz. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Yes top story ever with no follow ups what so ever.

What do mean? Hilkevitch followed up the story on Jan 8th.

UFO report stirs believers, skeptics

I agree with Springer in that IMO Hilkevitch seemed genuinely interested in the story and the fact that the FAA reversed it's position after he filed a FOIA request.

I stand corrected! So the story dies Jan 8th for the man stream media

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join