It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project "ATS Dark Matter" -- The Evolution Continues...

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It still doesn't update the last post info. I know it's a little thing but it's very annoying. Anyone know why it wouldn't update for me but works for others?

[edit on 10-12-2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
When I click on Recent Posts, it only shows the posts in the forums that show in MyATS. Is it supposed to be that way??

I thought it was supposed to show recent posts in all forums.

Seems to be the same, when clicking on the "all active" link on the main page, even though the descriptive tip (when you hover mouse over) says "See recently active threads from all ATS forums"

Not really complaining, just sayin'

[edit on 12/10/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
It still doesn't update the last post info. I know it's a little thing but it's very annoying. Anyone know why it wouldn't update for me but works for others?
It could be your ISP is using some cache to reduce the traffic between it and the other ISPs, and the software thinks that the page is the same and it does not download the new page.

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
When I click on Recent Posts, it only shows the posts in the forums that show in MyATS. Is it supposed to be that way??

Seems to be the same, when clicking on the "all active" link on the main page, even though the descriptive tip (when you hover mouse over) says "See recently active threads from all ATS forums"
It works as it should here.

Could it be a coincidence? This is what I see now.

PS: as you can see I changed the apearance of Opera to suit ATS.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks ArMap, but its still the same for me.

I have six forums in MyATS, and those are the only ones that show up when I click on RecentPosts, or the "all active" link I described above.

Firefox 2.0 here, if that makes a difference.

I'm going to try IE in a few. Then again, nah, I don't like IE.

I was wondering why it seemed the majority of new posts were only in Aliens/Ufos or 911 conspiracies.

But, anyway....

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Nevermind ArMap, and anyone else that saw my little gripe. I have figured out the problem.

When I last used the customize button, I must have set it to MyATS, where as before, I had it on "ATS Only"

Sorry.

Edit to add...

Now everything is as it should be.

ArMap, if you had'nt replied, I may never have tried to find the solution. Thanks!

[edit on 12/10/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
We're getting ready to cut-over to the new design on BTS and PTS.

After that, a lot of the little items will start coming together... then the main site artchive pages.

Design assistants Zeddicus and Majic will be helping to apply the new look to ATSNN.com and TinWiki.org respectively.

By the end of next week, most of the cosmetic issues with ATS/BTS/PTS should be complete.

Thanks one and all for your comments and patience.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
How do I edit MyATS now? I have MyATS and ATS merged for the recent posts.

Also why can't you center the site like this one?

[edit on 11-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Can we please center everything to be in the middle of the screen?

Thanks...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
Can we please center everything to be in the middle of the screen?

Thanks...

I second that motion

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I started a thread here on what Im about to say, but now what is in my thread seems to be more like a bug, so I am writing it here.

In Safari, when I am in the recent post...I will command click to open in a new tab one of the links, and music plays. (the music from those banner ads.) Why, I didnt role over it?
It started at first when my mouse rolled over the topics. At first I thought it was a Christmas thing from ATS, as the songs were Christmasy.
But now, its annoying...as mentioned, I will tab a new window (not always) but off and on I will here the tunes rolling and they fade out.

Now I have my page scrolled down, where you would not even see the ad...(its vengeance from the ad letting me know I will know its presence no matter what
)

Anyway...
as mentioned in the link, I think that the site, overall, seems to run smoother.
I always had load issues with U2Us, etc., now they are smooth.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Dunno if you know about this. I hit the last post button under the group "active topics":

It leads me to a page that looks like this:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Seems like the overall outline of the new display now are in place.

Beautiful... swell, or like that, don't now how to express it. But being a non-negromantic, I already start to wonder how we could do with the old dull grey and its odd-colored bars. Was it five years you said? A few changes for the suggestion-box (but I tell you I can't wait another five years).

The dark five-inch-thick bar on the right handside could be balanced if you change the default background color of the avatars to a similar black (or something that matched). It's not so much a problem on ats, pts, bts threads where you have many customized avatars that balances the dark right. But on atsnn, where there's no avatars, an imbalance dominates where the posts seems glued to the left side of the screen (I use the light option).

About the myats page, make it with auto width so no matter your screen settings you always have it in full. Another thing I had hoped for that page (but as it haven't appeared at this stage of the design process, is unlikely to happen), was about the list of members on at the bottom of the page. I had hoped it would be interactive.

Meaning when you click a member name you are directed to a list of that member's recents posts. Like it is now, you have to open members, type in the name, click it when up, and from the profile you can finally click recent posts. 4 clicks and typing the name. I know you can access recent post of member in one click from a post of the member in question, but sometimes you wonder where a certain member is when you see he/she is on.

Your only option is then the 4 click + typing. I think it could be a cool and handy feature.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
SO:

I've mentioned previously that an option exist to change the colours permanently, however I'd recommend (if possible) that a permanent change of sorts be made for a background colour and foreground colour for threads. I've just read about four pages of black on grey and my eyes have had it.

It would be *really* nice to permanently set my thread background and foreground colours. Other buttons (edit posts etc) can then be an offset from these base colours. Quite easy to do really as all you need to do is add two fields to the user table...and update all the templates to use session cookies/colours. Should only take an hour

Cheers

JS

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Please don't take this as complaining, I'm just listing a few things that still need some tweaking on the off chance they were not yet realized.

The link colors (link, vlink, alink) need to be changed to something other than the black or dark gray. When I visit the member center, the only way I can see my options on the left-hand side is if I highlight them. And a lot of the "active links" (as in, you roll the mouse over them and the color changes) color change to black or some unreadably dark color.

Again though, I'm sure this is already being worked on, and kudos to all the hard work the staff is putting into ATS to make it readable to those of us born with crappy eyes. I'm well aware of the fact that ATS is a free volunteer-run service and that you are by no means required to cater to "the rest of us", but you should know it is greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Do I smell an upgrade in it's future?

OOh, I can't wait to see the color scheme.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What on earth? Where is ATS gone? This is going to take some getting used to...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
BTS and PTS have been updated.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Come To The Dark Side

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Oooh, nice!

It's reassuring to see that James Carville and Ann Coulter still have a job on PTS.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Totally cool, like the look.

note: Fait and spirituality...(kind of like "fate" the "h" is missing)

Peace

Dalen

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Another thing for BTS...when Im on BTS and click on ATS chat, it says it cant find the page.
However from ATS I can have access to chat.

Peace

Dalen

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join