It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS 3 or X Box 360???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
opps it posted like 7 times or something cause ie took ages to refresh so i pressed button to post gah sorry.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by blobby]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
opps it posted like 7 times or something cause ie took ages to refresh so i pressed button to post gah sorry.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Cough cough ps3 can play all ps2 games yeah if you live in USA or Japan unfortunately in Europe Sony's gone and fudged it over by taking out the chips for ps2 back wards compat and instead gone the emulation route for Europe making alot of ps2 games not working at all...... i have 130 ps2 games and out of those about 33 work proper and the rest dont even FF12 dont work proper so go figure what Sony is doing in Europe.

Also people with 1080i only telly which can be only 2 years old cant play all ps3 games as some games are 720p only........

i was so looking forward to ps3 but now i wonder why i wanted one at all, the more i read about an xbox 360 the more i want one and in fact i am getting one in a few weeks time for £300 premium with composite lead and 4 games and an extra wireless controller games are c and c 3, gears of war, project gotham 3, and live vol 1 lol.. but other 3 are very good games indeed, also xbox can upscale as it has a dedicated scaler inside.

so for me now its xbox 360 and when a ps3 drops in price by alot like when its around £250 i will buy one, and as for it having blu ray so what by Xmas you probably buy a dedicated blu ray player for £200 which would be better than a ps3 blu ray.

link to ps2 emu working games for ps3 europe.
faq.eu.playstation.com...

SR

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
Cough cough ps3 can play all ps2 games yeah if you live in USA or Japan unfortunately in Europe Sony's gone and fudged it over by taking out the chips for ps2 back wards compat and instead gone the emulation route for Europe making alot of ps2 games not working at all...... i have 130 ps2 games and out of those about 33 work proper and the rest dont even FF12 dont work proper so go figure what Sony is doing in Europe.

Also people with 1080i only telly which can be only 2 years old cant play all ps3 games as some games are 720p only........

i was so looking forward to ps3 but now i wonder why i wanted one at all, the more i read about an xbox 360 the more i want one and in fact i am getting one in a few weeks time for £300 premium with composite lead and 4 games and an extra wireless controller games are c and c 3, gears of war, project gotham 3, and live vol 1 lol.. but other 3 are very good games indeed, also xbox can upscale as it has a dedicated scaler inside.

so for me now its xbox 360 and when a ps3 drops in price by alot like when its around £250 i will buy one, and as for it having blu ray so what by Xmas you probably buy a dedicated blu ray player for £200 which would be better than a ps3 blu ray.

You know what even though Sony or Fony had the drop on the original Xbox through the games like Final Fantasy and GTA that is no longer the case cause all the big companies are signed to both hell even GTA IV is coming out at the same time as the PS3 version but the Xbox version will get 'exclusive episodic content via Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 version. This had been confirmed by Rockstar, announcing two extra, exclusive episodes'.

Also Xbox live if you ever get and i recommend you do one day will be the best thing you'll ever experience cause it is better put together than and costs less to get than Sony's online network yeah i admit that PS3 has got an edge on power and graphics... But games are about fun and like everytime i buy an Xbox game and i complete it i'll go onto live and there will be some mad upgrades for it sometimes there free and sometimes there not. I lost so much of my life to Gears of War on Xbox live that it's not even funny lol when Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 come out that's it for me no one will ever hear from me again.

Wii is outselling everything anyway cause people are having so much fun with it as well as much as i loved Sony i'm going to stick with my Wii and Xbox 360 until the price of PS3 is dropped and justified with games worth paying for that have alot more to offer than just better graphics than the other systems.

Like you said Blu-Ray players are dropping like there hot anyway i'll be hooking up with a decent priced one of them.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by SR]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hey! Another one's entered the fray!! Nintendo Wii. And that adds to the confusion and the debate as to which is the best!

Nintendo states that its console targets a broader demographic than that of Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3, but it competes with both as part of the seventh generation of gaming systems.

A distinguishing feature of the console is its wireless controller, the Wii Remote, which can be used as a handheld pointing device and can detect motion and rotation in three dimensions. Another is WiiConnect24, which enables it to receive messages and updates over the Internet while in standby mode.
wikipedia

Now which is the best? Xbox 360, PS-3, or Nintendo Wii????

Darn! We're back to square one!!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just to tell you I own all three systems and the order goes like this. For war games and shooting games the best system will be the xbox 360 as we all know computer games are some of the best games and Microsoft is computers also the controller is made for shooting games. The ps3 is more for sports games. The controller is small and buttons real close together. I have looked at both systems on my tv and xbox now does 1080p so it is most of the time better the the ps3. And the difference between hd and blue ray is not that much. I have done much comparing. If you go to gamespot.com they also show that xbox has better graphics. Xbox is just a better buy. Buy the ps3 later. I barely play mine but it looks really nice

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ok, so we have the X box for shoot-em-up games, PS-3 for sporty action, but what about the Nintendo Wii? You haven't mentioned anything about that. Or is it not worth mentioning?

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Nintendo wii is acutally the most fun out of all the games. That is where all games will be eventually hand motions and things like that. I wish xbox would have did that plus what they already have. It also shows by the sales its cheap and fun, selling way faster and more then both systems Nintendo is smart

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wii is fun, but its lack of power under its hood and the lack of a large lineup of games in the next year or so really hinders my enjoyment. Graphically, most games look bland, and we're talking early ps2 bland. I'm sure this will change, but its just hard to swallow after playing almost a year and a half with my 360. The big thing though is that theres just not enough strong games even lined up. Most of the wiis titles are ps2 ports, and more of the same lined up for next year. The only games I'm looking forward to it is basically Metriod Prime, Mario Galaxy, and the Wii Sims, maybe Battlion warriors too, and thats for the next year. In just the next five months I'm looking forward to almost 14 titles for the 360, in comparison.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
XBOX 360 ALL THE WAY

i convinced three of my freinds to by a 360 instead of what the were goin to get

2 were goin to get ps3 and one was goin to get a wii... and after havin them over my house they all want a 360 now

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Had my PS3 on release date ( UK ), very happy with it too, and for me and all of us you will be most likely be happy whether you have a PS3, XBOX or Wii, horses for courses and so forth.

Personally I now own PS1, 2 and 3, with the PS3 I have the next gen home movie player in Blue Ray, so for the cost of the latest games console including the next to be home movie format I'm happy.

As for the Siraxis controller (as mentioned in earlier posts) not a problem, works fine, holds the battey power for ages and I don't miss the rumble effect either.

One thing I'm sure about though..............is that Sony and the PS3 will be king of the castle again within the next twelve months.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
A lot of posters have said a similar thing but i also own PS3, Xbox 360 and a Wii. I work for one of those companies as well but i wont give you a biased. im a gamer first and foremost. The console you should get is the one thats got all the games on it that you want to play. If you can afford more than 1, get more than 1........ obviously that'll give you an even wider selection of games to go through. If i were you though mate, id take a while and go through some computer game websites or magazines ( make sure they are multi-format though ) and read their reviews and previews and news sections. See whats out now, see whats coming out in the future and then make a desicion based on what systems going to have the exclusive games that YOU want to play. This debate is always gonna be a matter of opinion, as far as im concerned they are all great consoles and individually they all offer different experiences ( gaming or otherwise ). Maybe you can even give us a bit more info on what youre into and then we can help pick out some ideas for you. Whats your favourite type of games? your favourite game of all time? Are you a big movie fan? Have you got a budget or can you afford any one of the 3 main consoles?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK

One thing I'm sure about though..............is that Sony and the PS3 will be king of the castle again within the next twelve months.

Not with the way its cranking out games.

Heres the bottom line. Its a nice system, but far too expensive for most consumers to spend, especially when its offering, even in the next year, no more then a handful of exclusive titles. And every day you hear about more exclusives dropping and coming to the 360. Infact, whole DEVELOPERs are dropping and coming to the 360. If you've followed the dreamcast, its looking eerie similar. The 360 has almost double the games lined up, and a good chunk of that are games only available on the 360, like Halo 3, Bioshock, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, GtA4, Endwar etc (and thats just the fall lineup
)

The ps3 is a sinking ship, and unless its able to obtain a large ammount of exclusives AND cut its price significantly, it may not last for another year.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yes Square/Enix are saying they wont be making any more games for PS3 untill its user base grows and makes it more profitable for them... and im sure alot of other game developers are thinking the same way.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Also the 360 has the most exclusives lined up i have ever seen so many games, and September is mad for games due out that month i think i have counted 12 games i want and all come out in September let alone more in OCT, NOV, DEC, JAN.

[edit on 4-7-2007 by blobby]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
Also the 360 has the most exclusives lined up i have ever seen so many games, and September is mad for games due out that month i think i have counted 12 games i want and all come out in September let alone more in OCT, NOV, DEC, JAN.

[edit on 4-7-2007 by blobby]

Yeah, just starting in July, theres tons of games I at the very least want to rent. Many I want to possess.

Project Sykpheed
Stranglehold
Two Worlds
Bioshock (OMG!!!!)
Blue Dragon
Blacksite: Area 51
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3 (omg)
half Life 2: Orange
Grand Theft Auto IV
Beautiful Katamari
Warhammer
Ace Combat Six

And thats just till October lol.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Then there is:

Warhawk
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Lair
Little Big Planet
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Grand Theft Auto IV
John Woo's Stranglehold
BlackSite: Area 51
Turok
Conan
Assassin's Creed
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Army of Two
Gran Turismo HD

Those are all coming for the PS3. Plenty of good stuff and at least the PS3 doesn't have a 30% hardware failure rate and then return you a refub system.

The bluetooth works much nicer then wireless. Don't forget built in wi-fi and the ablity to load other operating systems (seriously). Then there is the Blu-Ray, which is now the official choice for Blockbuster and others.

Don't count PS3 out yet. It's not a sprint.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
OK guys, PS3, XBox, and Wii are fine. But tell me if there's anything to match Microsoft's Flight Sims, FS9 and FS-X?? And these are only on the good ol' PC!

Frankly, I don't play games except for the flight sims. And then I have E-Dimension software with 3-d glasses that make flying over the Andes, British Colombia, Washington state and New Zealand as real as it gets!

And then I fire it on to the big 10' x 12' screen with the video projector in my living room and man, it's like the real thing! And dozens of aircraft to choose from and in countless weather conditions!

You guys can have your shoot-em-up games! As for me, I've fastened my seat belt and ready to take off on a flight over Las Vegas!

Cheers!

[edit on 6-7-2007 by mikesingh]

SR

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Then there is:

Warhawk
Lair
Little Big Planet
Grand Theft Auto IV
John Woo's Stranglehold
Turok
Conan
Assassin's Creed
Army of Two
Gran Turismo HD

Those are all coming for the PS3. Plenty of good stuff and at least the PS3 doesn't have a 30% hardware failure rate and then return you a refub system.

The bluetooth works much nicer then wireless. Don't forget built in wi-fi and the ablity to load other operating systems (seriously). Then there is the Blu-Ray, which is now the official choice for Blockbuster and others.

True but your forgetting that the PS3 doesn't have 512 liquid memory it only has dedicated memory meaning the Xbox 360 may always be able to keep up with it graphic wise.

Sony developed a very expensive system for the hi-end user that they lose money on for each one sold. however they have yet to prove that their system is worth more then the 360's. They keep relying on BLU-RAY to save the day lol.

Don't believe the lies Sony spin about Blu-Ray disk size either do they really think people are thick there is no such thing as a 50gig Blu-ray disk out there because it's fiction they don't work no game is going to be that big it's ludacris to believe such comments from Sony. You might as well have a game that's 4 DVD disks long or something like the old Final Fantasys because it would be cheaper for the developers than pressing one Blu-Ray Disk. PC games aren't even that big. Bigger games means bigger costs for makers and who is going to want to make games that cost so much for such a low userbase compared to wii and xbox 360. A game that's massive and amazing can't be a blockbuster when there's only estimated 1million consoles in homes and it cost 4x more to make than the PS2 compared to 6million plus with the other consoles with also the option for pc ports etc. so the developers can rake the money in with nintendo and microsoft but not sony.

Sony's dev kit is terrible and the hardest to use out of all three systems and then to top that off they claim they're going to provide free internet LOOOOOOOOOL free yeah except the hidden costs of buying all the accesories to get online and then Sony being the genuises they are again lay another double whammy on game developers if online is free it's going to cost the developers pockets to make content for it hence pricing them out of doing so, Then theres the quality of the service if the PS2 online experience is anything to go buy with the cheating etc. then it's failed before it's even began no thanks i'll stick to paying for a quality service with Xbox live.

As much i love Sony they're tactics of selling to the rich first then the middle then the lower income users has shot them in the foot they come across as knowing what they're doing but they don't this time around because they've lost so many exclusives and alienated developers this war is a marathon but one that Sony won't win.

If we get down to dirty tactics on hardware Xbox and PS3 are the most prone to disaster out of all the systems...But let's look at PS3's flaws already:

Untested media format
exploding batteries
rootkit
extreme price
loss of title exclusivety

The lulz about it all is that while Sony are going to be flogging the PS3 for years Nintendo and Microsoft are talking about taking a leaf out of Sony's book and redesigning the consoles and bringing out upgraded ones next year. But hey that's what happens when your making at least 60- 75dollars+ profit on every console sold where as Sony are losing 230 looooool.

Sony seem to think that brand loyalty will save them lol all i can say is look at what happened to Sega the userbase is fickle i'm afraid. They've done the opposite of what made them succesful...The best console and best graphics have never won the console wars ps vs n64...Neo geo vs gameboy etc. all i can say is what starts at the bottom like Nintendo have been reduced to over the years and Microsoft can only go up were as the top dog can only go down. But hey in 5 years we'll be laughing at how Nintendo or Microsoft have lost the console wars to Sony or something.

P.S. I can provide the sources and figures to back up my statements so if you feel the need to see them and try not to weep or believe i would have anything to gain from bashing sony then please ask and i'll show them to prove otherwise.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by SR]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Then there is:

Warhawk
Lair
Little Big Planet
Grand Theft Auto IV
John Woo's Stranglehold
Turok
Conan
Assassin's Creed
Army of Two
Gran Turismo HD

Ofcourse almost all of those games you listed are coming out in the next year and a half. Thats all. And the majority of them are coming out on the xbox 360. Why pay for 200 bucks more for the same games with hazier graphics? Also GT HD doesn't exist anymore, and syphon Filter is a PSP game. The games I listed were all coming out in the next four months. Yours are for your entire year. Alittle boring in PS3 land I'd say.

Ofcourse it doesn't have a 30% chance of failure, though the many bricked issues it does have (it does) has not effected Sony's poor Customer Relations service to do anything about them. On the other hand, Microsoft just gave everybody a three year extended warranty, with refunds for anybody that had to pay. Now thats service.

The bluetooth works much nicer then wireless.

Because everybody needs to use they're crappy, rumbleless controller eight rooms down.

Don't forget built in wi-fi

I'll admit, a nice feature. Just a shame theres no good games to play online to use that handy dandy built in wi-fi.

and the ablity to load other operating systems (seriously).

Because when you have no games, the only thing you can do is "hack" the system and load linux...

Then there is the Blu-Ray, which is now the official choice for Blockbuster and others.

Which is a nice feature, if your one of the 15% of the US population that own a Entertainment system that can actually use Blu-Ray. If you dont have that nice 1080i, your fancy graphics get downgraded to 480. Oops.

Funny note, according to a recent survey, more people in america (20%) think the sun revolves aroundthe earth then people own Blu-ray.

At the moment, the PS3 is dead in the water, like Dreamcast dead in the water. Nobody is buying it, anywhere. Theres no major exclusives you CANT get on the 360, and the ones they do have aren't enough to warrent the sale. The company fired the father of the playstation over the PS3, theres no major interest in the most expensive feature. Hell, the wii is outselling the PS3 6 to 1 in japan.

I mean, I dunno what Sony has in store at E3, hopefully a price cut, because its doubtful Sony (being a japanese company) will keep the project up long without a profit. Especially after being used to its $225 million dollars of profit in the last 12 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join