It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS 3 or X Box 360???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
motion sensor controller, Ill buy Wii, because the motion sensor controller is far superior on that system. Lets not go there.

Alan Wake has a completely original story with amazing graphics, so why does it look crappy? O the 360 logo on the front? figures

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
motion sensor controller, Ill buy Wii, because the motion sensor controller is far superior on that system. Lets not go there.

Alan Wake has a completely original story with amazing graphics, so why does it look crappy? O the 360 logo on the front? figures

Nobody's talking about the Wii, this is between ps3,360.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

yes but its an imperfect concept, which another system has better done.

Why even bring up the motion sensors on PS3 when its imperfect compared to the Wii's motion sensors. Notice that I don't have a Wii. Maybe because I don't want stupid motion sensors in my controller. Either make VR or leave my non motion controller alone.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

my god please don't tell me your rating how good a game is by its fan base rather then the content of the actual game. The fact FF has such a large fan base suggest more hype then Lost Odyssey. People look at it with unbias opinion rather then seeing Final Fantasy and thinking "omg its going to be awesome" yet they haven't even seen it yet. Final Fantasy 9 was NOT awesome, so yea I don't go judging just because of its title.

It has such a large fan-base because they have proven themselves over time. I have enjoyed every Final Fantasy game I've ever played, and that's reason enough for me to believe that the upcoming titles will meet my expectations and beyond.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Dont pay any attention to the fact the makers of FF are the ones working on Lost Odyssey now, no, lets call it crap even though they are the makers from your beloved Final Fantasy series. Hypocritical, without a doubt.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

yes but its an imperfect concept, which another system has better done.

Why even bring up the motion sensors on PS3 when its imperfect compared to the Wii's motion sensors. Notice that I don't have a Wii. Maybe because I don't want stupid motion sensors in my controller. Either make VR or leave my non motion controller alone.

True, but microsoft has no motion sensing.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
all i can say is remember how ps2 games first looked then how they looked later on

a huge difference, so there is always the room and ability for improvement

absolutely, thats usually what happens. Each system has a typical 5-6 year span, with what they call the end game being where you reached about 90% of the maximum capabilities graphically and technically in the game. Its as far as you can go with using all the assets available for a system. That typically happens at the end of its lifespan.

Remember though, the 360 will be doing this too, the 360 hasnt met its potential yet either, and a game like Gears of War, for example, is about at 15-30% max potential, the same as resistence: Fall of Man.

The important factor of who gets there first really comes down to the dev-kit. For those who dont know what a dev kit is, its essentially a version of the system, but designed to be programmed on. Now, the better designed the user interface is on the dev kit, the faster it takes to do coding and design on it without issues andconfusion, the more time you have to refine the code, thus giving you time to access more potential from the system.

The 360s dev kit is very well designed, with a heavy emphasis on easy to access userability, this is something that microsoft's career was built on with things like Windows. For most devs its like drawing a circle by using binary code, and then going to draw that circle in Photoshop.

The Playstation 3s final build dev code, by all reports, is about the same as the ps2 dev kit, which is to say, pretty bad. Its basically like giving the programmer a blank word document.

Even Hideo Kojima praised the 360s dev kit when he got his hands on it, saying the only reason he picked the ps3 to do MGS4 was because he recieved it first.

This means ofcourse, given the developers design and strive to do the best they can (i.e. its not a game by E.A) the end game for the 360 will be achieved faster, thus producing better, more high quality games in both terms of visuals and also heavy programmed events.

Don't worry, it is a minor bug that will be fixed, however, i wouldn't be surprised if microsoft tries to copy them by coming out with a similar controller.

Right, I'm sure it will be fixed, but Sonys trackrecord of fixing major issues is typically in three to four years. So theres a long wait, and alot of frustrated gamers crashing into walls.

As for Microsoft, Will they copy motion controls? as of right now they said theyre thinking about it, but theyre waiting to see how the reactions are before they decide to implement them or not. But the important thing is, if Microsoft "steals" motion control like sony did with nintendo, Microsoft is already man enough to admit it. Sony STILL hasn't settled theyre lawsuit for stealing the dual shock technology, and instead just doesnt put it in theyre controllers, falsely claiming that it "interferes with the motion controls" which, as Nintendo's controller as proof, clearly does not.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

something I am very happy about. When Im pulling a 5 hour gaming run, I dont want to have to be throwing my arms back and forth to do stuff. I do occassionally do long runs of video gaming, and the last thing I want is motion sensors to use.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

if you cant do it right (sony) dont do it at all.

They rushed it out on the market to compete with Nintendo, and they failed, leaving you to pay for it.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Dont pay any attention to the fact the makers of FF are the ones working on Lost Odyssey now, no, lets call it crap even though they are the makers from your beloved Final Fantasy series. Hypocritical, without a doubt.

So a few people that used to work on FF are now working on this game. Big deal.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Lilke i said before, they will fix it, it's not an unfixable problem.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza

So a few people that used to work on FF are now working on this game. Big deal.

Actually, the entire brains and style of Final Fantasy is on Mistwalker. The ones that were involved in every major creative and design standpoint is now with mistwalker, even down to the composer.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Lilke i said before, they will fix it, it's not an unfixable problem.

Absolutely, but like I said, Sony has a trackrecord of ONLY fixing theyre stuff either in about four years later or when they get sued for doing it on purpose.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't think all of them are working on this game, but maybe if you post a link proving what you say to be true then I'll stand corrected.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I own a 360, and I will say that currently, the 360 is better, mainly due to the games. 360 owns 2006, but when 2007 rolls around, PS3 will be king.

In 2007, the newest Metal Gear Solid will far surpass any 360 game.

I first bought my 360 to play Oblivion, but instead I bought a computer instead and purchased Oblivion for the PC (mainly due to the ability to mod your own game). Currently, I own DeadRising, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Call of Duty 2, Gears of War, Viva Pinata (Awesome game! I recommend this to everyone), Marvel Ultimate Alliance, N3, DOA 4, and Perfect Dark: Zero. These are the best games on the 360 so far (other than N3). Sadly, other than these games, there are only three more I think are worth buying a 360 for and that's Halo 3, Bullet Witch, and Vampire's Rain.

There are also Grand Theft Auto 4, Assassin's Creed, and The Darkness, which will soon be released on the 360, but you can also get these for PS3.

If I were you, I would buy a PS3, if you have enough patience to wait for some good games. If you want to play some great games now, get a 360.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I don't think all of them are working on this game, but maybe if you post a link proving what you say to be true then I'll stand corrected.

If you want theyre paystubs I can send them to you.

As for whos working with Mistwalker, its basically the brains behind what FF once was.

Hironobu Sakaguchi- Is the President of Mistwalker, the creator of Final Fantasy and was the head of Square from the beginning untill Enix took over. He helped write the stories and was the executive producer of the entire franchise untill he left. He was a very hands on man, and was responsible to alot of the creative decisions in the flow of the games and the story arcs

Daisuke Fukugawa- The former Project Director to the final fantasy series

Hiroshi Kawai- former R&D executive for Square in charge of developing new graphics and new programmings and such.

Nobou Uematsu- The Composer of Every Final Fantasy Except the latest (when he left to join Hironobu's new company. All those epic songs you remember in your heart were his.

hideo minaba- The art director of FF 3, 9, 11 and Tactics.

ofcourse the entire company is of 100 employees, and about 2/3rds of them are various former square employees of lesser "name value" then those I gave.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...
^pres of mistwalkers, was the executive producer of ALL your Final Fantasy games on the ps1 and 2. also maker of xenogears. amoung other games

The composer of the FF games is also on this. I am trying to find more, but those are the two big names listed for this company. The dragonball z artist is part of mistwalkers, but after that, I can't find any details as to anyone on mistwalkers.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Which is being ported to the 360. SHould I pay 600 dollars now, or pay 400 to be able to play it a year later?

Sadly, other than these games, there are only three more I think are worth buying a 360 for and that's Halo 3, Bullet Witch, and Vampire's Rain.

Then you haven't looked. You pointed out the other games below, all of which you can get for the 360 aswell, for cheaper, and with more content. Assassins creed was made first for the 360, and actually plays smoother and better on it, which more people in the crowd. GTA4 is being released with exclusive content for the 360, the Darkness is made with the 360 in mind. And you also forgot Lost Odyssey, Bioshock, Alan Wake, Mass Effect, L.A. Noire, Marvel Universe Online, Halo Wars, Half Life 2: The Black Box, Gundam Mobile Ops: One Year War, Star Trek Legacy, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Alone in the Dark 4, Resident Evil 5, and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, all of which are coming out for the 360 by Fall 07.

Can you get some of these on the ps3, sure. But the important aspect is you can get ALL of these on the 360 too, plus some of the ps3 games a little bit later, and for cheaper.

The ps3 will not be king untill they have a strong exclusive list, which is the very thing that Microsoft is striving to do with Microsoft Gaming Studios. They have Inhouse companies, and more on the way which they are buying (capcom) that will make games (resident evil 5, as an example) 360 exclusive.

Unless Sony does the same, which currently they arent, theres no held market. They are just a third party console that is more expensive then its competitors

If I were you, I would buy a PS3, if you have enough patience to wait for some good games. If you want to play some great games now, get a 360.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Which is being ported to the 360. SHould I pay 600 dollars now, or pay 400 to be able to play it a year later?

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I will say it once more in all caps hoping that you'd see it.

HIDEO KOJIMA HAS SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT MGS4 IS A PS3 EXCLUSIVE AND HE DOESN'T WANT IT ANY OTHER WAY. SONY IS ALSO IN FAVOUR OF THIS DECISION!

In fact, Hideo Kojima, one of the best game directors out there has even poked fun of the 360 in the past, saying "In my studio 360 means nothing ever changes." Lmao, that's pure pwnage from a genius of a man.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I will say it once more in all caps hoping that you'd see it.

HIDEO KOJIMA HAS SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT MGS4 IS A PS3 EXCLUSIVE AND HE DOESN'T WANT IT ANY OTHER WAY. SONY IS ALSO IN FAVOUR OF THIS DECISION!

In fact, Hideo Kojima, one of the best game directors out there has even poked fun of the 360 in the past, saying "In my studio 360 means nothing ever changes." Lmao, that's pure pwnage from a genius of a man.

Halelluia brother!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join