It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check these photos out!! Please tell me theyre real... (Sorry, It's A Hoax)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Sorry Folks, The Pictures Are Real, But...

...this thread was a hoax.

Out of respect for the privacy of our members (and former members), we usually don't comment on account bans except under unusual circumstances. However, I consider this unusual enough that it deserves comment, and wish to reassure all members that we don't ban accounts without very good reason.

Without diving into too much technical detail, I will say that I'm convinced beyond all reasonable doubt that The Collective and Queen Of Blades are one in the same.

How To Get Banned From ATS

The very first requirement of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use is this:

Originally posted by SimonGray
1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Additionally:

Originally posted by SimonGray
2c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself".

In light of the patently misleading nature of this thread and the deception involved, I have permanently banned both accounts.

On the bright side, I can say with a reasonable degree of confidence that the pictures are indeed real pictures -- of a cell phone, just like Queen Of Blades suggested.

Topical Progression

I'll leave the thread open for questions and comments, but ask that members keep in mind that we must honor the T&C, even (and perhaps especially) when discussing cases like this.

In particular, let's please remember that circumventing the profanity filters is prohibited.

Sorry this turned out to be Yet Another Hoax.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i don't know if you're allowed to say Majic, or anyone else for that matter, but why would someone debunk their own thread? I just don't understand the idea.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There are a lot of mysteries in the world that we will never figure out...
Personally I don't care; the dude is banned, and let's leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This stunk from the very beginning. I'm glad Mr. multi personality is gone.

One question though. . .

Threads started on BTS can be knowingly deceptive right? Said threads aren't against the rules of the forum are they?

I understand the skepticism, which was obviously founded in this case, but should one be judged a liar from posting a hoax or joke on BTS? Isn't that the place for such a ruse?

I'm really glad this board has the ability to weed out individuals who just wanna waste sincere people's time. Thanx again!

2Pacsade-

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Loco Motive

Originally posted by apex
i don't know if you're allowed to say Majic, or anyone else for that matter, but why would someone debunk their own thread? I just don't understand the idea.

I could only speculate about motive, so I shouldn't comment on that.

Only Joking

Originally posted by 2PacSade
Threads started on BTS can be knowingly deceptive right? Said threads aren't against the rules of the forum are they?

The AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use apply to BTS as well, although BTS tends to be much more relaxed than ATS by design.

That said, when in doubt I think it's best to put jokes, puns and pranks into... well, the Jokes, Puns, & Pranks forum.

But definitely not the Aliens & UFOs forum on ATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It didnt really help he had MEMBER BANNED under his name... im not quite sure if anybody had picked up on that one... and comeon... what was with the little southerner accent while he typed? *shrugs*
[edit on 27-11-2006 by newage2012]

[edit on 27-11-2006 by newage2012]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Check my U2U,s....

I was having a conversation behind the scenes calling him a fraud after 5 minutes..

Boring Sunday evening in Australia..guy had ''same cam'' as his ''friends''.
He ''didn,t know'' too much about ''compressing images'' but knew that an auto setting would automatically adjust iso and exposure levels..hmmm!!!

His ''TWO YEAR ITCH'' came extremely early

(I noticed that there was a spate of respectable members of ATS pulling hoaxes like this after around two years participating normally)

It,s crazy... Instead of embarrasing the guy in public and calling him out. I gave him an opportunity to quietly bury his attempt,blame his ''friends'' and merge into the background..

Unfortunately this act of kindness was rewarded by him assuming a new identity and ''solving'' the crime to make him look the hero..

(I still think it was a bus
:lol

So potential hoaxers beware!!. Next time I will send you away mortally wounded with a fatal blow to your ego PUBLICALLY!!
BWAHAHAHAH!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by newage2012
It didnt really help he had MEMBER BANNED under his name...

Errmm.. He just got that after this charade. sorry

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Majic, I believe you are right in thinking the Collective and Queen Of Blades are one in the same. There are just too many coincidences between both accounts to merely shrug off. Queen Of Blades had made a post stating "she" was from Australia too here, and looking at her post history, it seems most of her posts have been made in this thread itself.

"She" created the account just in time to post evidence to show that the images were not that of a UFO, posted when The Collective was having the most people doubt the images, and also having the exact model needed to recreate the images.

I could have sworn that the SUV or Van ceiling lights were the culprit, in the pictures. lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
look, do you want to be banned as well? The mods will be all over this thread now.

Sorry about the off topic one liner.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Korean. not only have you used a very very naughty word. you,ve also messed up the formatting

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Look, that post has been deleted already. That was quick.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Look, that post has been deleted already. That was quick.

Seems that guy was making similar posts all over the place. I was looking through his posts, and by the time I came back to this thread it was gone.

They never learn.

[edit on 11/27/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I always miss the phun.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Oh, those darn cute hoaxers! They get dumber every hoax!

He could have atleast TRIED harder.

I would have atleast involved multiple people from many different regions of the planet so that you can't trace multiple accounts to a single IP address.

Out of curiosity, how exactly were the two accounts traced? Was it the IP?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Seems reasonable that we close this thread, so that's exactly what I'll do now.

Sorry the thread author wasted everybody's time with this hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join