It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check these photos out!! Please tell me theyre real... (Sorry, It's A Hoax)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Some friends of mine who lives around here, know im into UFO's and that sort of thing...and about 10mins ago they emailed these pics to me saying how they seen this hovering over their property. Im sceptical untill i can get the 2nd opinion of anybody here on this forum. Please let me know quickly if there are any questions you want to ask them before it gets too late here, cause i can tell you nothing about conditions ect...oh wait, i know they have the same camera as me...thats it.

img139.imageshack.us...
img147.imageshack.us...
img174.imageshack.us...
img147.imageshack.us...
img174.imageshack.us...

(Mod note: I have determined this to be a hoax and banned the "members" responsible for it. Please see this post for an explanation. --Majic)

[edit on 11/27/2006 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hmmm.. I suspect they are pulling a prank on you.

Kodak Easyshare cx7300 yeah??

The fact I find hardest to understand is why is took 19 minutes to get these odd angles of what appears to be a minibus of some type

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Looks like a light shining down over a billboard or somthing like that

But it also could not be..i dunno
Mabye someone could get an enhanced version

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
appears to be a minibus of some type

Sorry, im not having a go at you...but how do you get a mini bus out of it? And yes thats my camera type.

Does anybody here have experience enhancing photos for signs of fraudulence?? ive had a go and nothing so far...i must tell you that these guys are hicks that would have been flat out emailing the pics to me...

[edit on 26-11-2006 by The Collective]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm still looking at them, but I can tell you one thing for sure, the first one and the fourth are identical.

I lined them up with transparency, inverted the color of the top image, and both pics are completely greyed out, meaning they are they same.

I'll let you know what I come up with upon further analysis of the others

[edit on 11/26/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I'm still looking at them, but I can tell you one thing for sure, the first one and the fourth are identical.

I lined them up with transparency, inverted the color of the top image, and both pics are completely greyed out, meaning they are they same.

I'll let you know what I come up with upon further analysis of the others

Thanks buddy, yes i think that might have been a mistake on my behalf from copy/pasting/renaming.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T... of what appears to be a minibus of some type

I was thinking along the same lines. three section window and faint taillights or headlights. The one with the hand in it appears wrong for some reason ...but it just could be the flash (presumed) reflecting off the hand is scattering light in a wierd fashion, but I'm not exactly a photographic expert, but the pics are intriguining nonetheless.

I would say your friend is playing a trick on you.

Instead of him emailing the pics, he should have been on the phone for you to rush over to witness the event also...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
On number 2 and number 5, it appears as if this is an external picture of a window. Light source at the top from behind a window shade. does'nt explain the two lower light sources though. reflections maybe.

was there a flash used??

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well for a kick off, the only one that doesn,t look like it has been distorted by taking from a weird angle is the one with the guy,s finger pointing at it..(not the pic-taker as you can make out his finger nail...)
That in itself is an odd composition for a pic..

It still looks like is been taken at a 45 degree angle to give the appearence of elevation. you can almost make out head/tail lights.reflected from the flash..which means the object was in close enough proximity to catch the flash..
The iso and exposure has been lowered also on this pic(taken 19 minutes later)..which suggests an attempt to perfect the pic.

I,m pretty sure it,s an amateurish attempt to pull a prank on you. honest..
I,ve seen a lot worse attempts though.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

The iso and exposure has been lowered also on this pic(taken 19 minutes later)..which suggests an attempt to perfect the pic.

AH, thats why it looks "wierd" compared to the others.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Well for a kick off, the only one that doesn,t look like it has been distorted by taking from a weird angle is the one with the guy,s finger pointing at it..(not the pic-taker as you can make out his finger nail...)
That in itself is an odd composition for a pic..

Thats pretty good thinking, i wouldent of picked that...but there was more than one person there remember.. so one person(s) was taking the photo, and one was pointing.

It still looks like is been taken at a 45 degree angle to give the appearence of elevation. you can almost make out head/tail lights.reflected from the flash..which means the object was in close enough proximity to catch the flash..

Ill ask if the object in question had a roll about it to give it the angle yes?

I,m pretty sure it,s an amateurish attempt to pull a prank on you. honest..
I,ve seen a lot worse attempts though.

Ameretureish yes. But these guys dont seem the type to be able to pull it off??

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

AH, thats why it looks "wierd" compared to the others.

How can you tell? i thought it was something to do with the brightness of the hand messing with the rest of it?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Just to clarify. I rotated the pic here and enhanced the hand and object in question.
I,m 99% sure this would have been the original orientation.

If they sent the originals and you can post them uncompressed(say image shack) I could probably get the make of the bus from the badge in the centre.

Then I could post them back to you and you could bust them

(Mod edit: Inserted thumbnail image link to avoid "wide thread syndrome". --Majic)

[edit on 11/27/2006 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

If they sent the originals and you can post them uncompressed(say image shack) I could probably get the make of the bus from the badge in the centre.

Then I could post them back to you and you could bust them

ahh i can make out a bus now...these are the originals, uncompressed as they were in the email. I know that teh Kodak easyshare software can automatically optomise the image ready for email if that might have been why...but i dont see why you would need to when the mad size of an image from this sort of camera at max settings is like around a meg??

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You,ve got it in a nutshell.. They would have compressed them so it becomes too pixellated when you enhance them to get a 100% result.
It,s a regular trick here on ATS.

Overexposures,deliberate handshake/blurring,even blowing cigarette smoke over the subject...etc. still waiting for a really good one..

..Sundays are boring BTW.. There,s nothing on TV and I finished my latest PS2 game

[edit on 26-11-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You,ve got it in a nutshell.. They would have compressed them so it becomes too pixellated when you enhance them to get a 100% result.
It,s a regular trick here on ATS.

Overexposures,deliberate handshake/blurring,even blowing cigarette smoke over the subject...etc. still waiting for a really good one..

..Sundays are boring BTW.. There,s nothing on TV and I finished my latest PS2 game

[edit on 26-11-2006 by AGENT_T]

I have to hand it to you Agent, you were on top of this pretty quick
good job man, But untill i get a fully uncompressed version of the image(the guys who took is seem to be confused by "uncompressed") we cant really debunk this can we?? Till them im going to bed. Its 11:15pm and i have to work in the morning. Ill go see them on the way home and have a crack at sending them myself. Till then...keep at it, see what we all can come up with...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
General Warning

As the OP posted a link to a joke version of "steve irwin's death video" as though it were the real thing, I'd beware of his posts and claims.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
General Warning

As the OP posted a link to a joke version of "steve irwin's death video" as though it were the real thing, I'd beware of his posts and claims.

Hahaha lmao...you didnt actually take that thread seriously did u??...im sorry if it offended you, but it was a joke...in BTS aswell i might add. Check out my other threads, i think you will find im quite legit with my threads here on ATS.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by The Collective]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

General Warning

And the link to that thread... www.belowtopsecret.com...

Hmmm......

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

General Warning

And the link to that thread... www.belowtopsecret.com...

...lol, go on check it out

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join