It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle of the Sun at Medjugorje on Video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
A lot of what happened in Jeruselem like in 70 AD was destroyed and maybe her tomb, but are we sure it was actullay Mary son of Jesus? Plus a lot of evidence was taken away when Arabs came along and frankly still does or gets ignored in that region because of conflic of interest. Its interesting and guess what I was brought up a Roman Chatholic so no bias from me that is why I am interested, but yet not convinced.

Perhaps you could consider visiting Medjugorje. Maybe you will be convinced when you have the kind of encounter with the Blessed Mother that others have had. If people with little or almost no faith can go there and return changed into devout people of faith. I tell you, my friend, one of the things that is most convincing about the autheniticity of what is taking place in Medjugorje and other apparition sites is the kind of people that are transformed.

I have seen some people that are Joe Sixpack types that were stunned and almost unable to speak after witnessing some of the miracles at apparition sites. You can see it in their faces and can't help noticing how they are hardly able to move for a while. The Divine can have that kind of effect on people...even believers...so imagine what it must be like for non-believers...and there have been plenty of those who have been converted after visiting Medjugorje. Maybe it would be worth the trip.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am 100% convinced that this is a byproduct of poor optical equipment. I have seen it with my cheaper digital camera but don't currently own a digital camcorder to test it directly.

Why do you believe that this is indeed a miracle? Just because of the location of the video? If this video was taken in a cornfield in Nebraska with no other holy significance would this thread have even been started?

Sometimes you have to realize that two events in the same place have nothing else to do with each other, other than sharing a locale. Anyways, if this happened to me and I had no idea about the blackening of the CCDs, the first thing I would think (after some sort of camera malfunction) would be a ghost or something along those lines. Certainly not a miracle if this happens in my backyard in Illinois.

I'm not saying it's bad to see and believe in miracles ... they do exist. But it becomes very easy to look for them at every opportunty - and you will find them. I mean Jesus in a potato chip? I see people helping out others in need as a greater miracle than a bag of Lays.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
ok, i see now that the video you posted was just a way to start preaching about religion.

people are explaining to you why the sun is black but you are still going on about how it's a miracle.

well it's not a miracle, i can go outside and take a video of the sun with my crap ass poor camera and it will be exactly like that video you posted, no mircavle.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Originally posted by SkyWay
I am no expert on videography nor photography, but I have certainly seen many photos and videos of the sun in magazines, on television and in movies and I have never seen any captures that showed the sun as a black spot with the normal radiance that the sun has when it is fully risen and unobscured by clouds.

That is because they have expensive and high tech equipment while i only have a cheap digital camera that is not worth more then 50$.

Sorry but there is no miracle here, it's only the camera and i have seen the sun black like that many times before with a cheap camera...

And yes i do have a video of this black sun and every single time i would go and take a video of the sun it would 100% of the time be black like the youtube video.

Im sorry but i can't possibly imagine anyone think that when the sun is black on a video camera that it's a miracle.... that's just extremely hopefull for a miracle.... even blind.

I must ask again if you would be so kind as to load the video unto the internet and give us a chance to view it. Then we would be able to do some comparisons between your video and the one from Medjugorje. That's all you have to do. It shouldn't be too hard when you consider all the videos that people from everywhere are loading unto websites such as youtube. If they can do it, you should be able to do it as well.

In addition though, the videos of various extraordinary solar phenomena in Medjugorje are further substantiated by thousands of witnesses who saw the event with their own eyes.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
well the video is like 4 megs big and i have 56k and i dunno how to put it on the web so if you really want to see it ill send it to you personaly so u2u me for a way for me to send it to you if you really want to see it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
I am 100% convinced that this is a byproduct of poor optical equipment. I have seen it with my cheaper digital camera but don't currently own a digital camcorder to test it directly.

Why do you believe that this is indeed a miracle? Just because of the location of the video? If this video was taken in a cornfield in Nebraska with no other holy significance would this thread have even been started?

Sometimes you have to realize that two events in the same place have nothing else to do with each other, other than sharing a locale. Anyways, if this happened to me and I had no idea about the blackening of the CCDs, the first thing I would think (after some sort of camera malfunction) would be a ghost or something along those lines. Certainly not a miracle if this happens in my backyard in Illinois.

I'm not saying it's bad to see and believe in miracles ... they do exist. But it becomes very easy to look for them at every opportunty - and you will find them. I mean Jesus in a potato chip? I see people helping out others in need as a greater miracle than a bag of Lays.

Part of the reason I am convinced that this is a miracle is that there are many such solar phenomena occuring there that do not occur anywhere else. There are astounding videos of the sun doing amazing things at apparition sites. So, these things are clustered in places such as Medjugorje which seldom or never happen anywhere else.

Though I believe in THESE miracles I am VERY skeptical about any claims of supernatural occurances and causes. I weigh very carefully what is happening and what is claimed and NEVER believe anything is a miracle until I have looked at it from every angle. And, frankly, there is only one conclusion that anyone who is unbiased concerning the supernatural can come to when considering Medjugorje, and that is that there are miracles occurring there and the Blessed Virgin is indeed appearing there to many people. You see, I am careful but not cynical, concerning the miraculous.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I weigh very carefully what is happening and what is claimed and NEVER believe anything is a miracle until I have looked at it from every angle

Im sorry but you neglected to view the most important angle of this youtube video...

so i don't really agree with that statement you just made.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I weigh very carefully what is happening and what is claimed and NEVER believe anything is a miracle until I have looked at it from every angle

Im sorry but you neglected to view the most important angle of this youtube video...

so i don't really agree with that statement you just made.

I didn't realize that it would be so difficult for you to put your video on the web. No need to go to so much trouble and mail it to me.

When looking at videos and photographs it is a judgement call we all have to make individually to our individual satisfaction. Obviously we come to different conclusions from viewing this video. Time will tell which of us is right.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

When looking at videos and photographs it is a judgement call we all have to make individually to our individual satisfaction. Obviously we come to different conclusions from viewing this video. Time will tell which of us is right.

Ok so... because all the crapy digital camera of the world will make the sun black does that mean you will judge that the crapy cameras are infact the holy objects?....

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
skyway you said that you look at all angles to a ''miracle'' but yet you didn't even look at that FACT that the black sun was caused by the camera.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The point is that the fella was filming while a 'Miracle of the Sun' took place. He was trying to capture, on film, what MILLIONS of people have seen who have visited Medjugorje.

The Miracle of the Sun is very real there. I have seen it. My husband saw it. Friends who went saw it.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

well the video is like 4 megs big and i have 56k and i dunno how to put it on the web so if you really want to see it ill send it to you personaly so u2u me for a way for me to send it to you if you really want to see it.

programs like " Ashampoo movie shrinker " and similar applications , can drastically reduce the size of video clips

first by recompiling them using a didderent codec and file type [ like .avi ] and also by reducing the frame dimension

some of these affect quallity more than others - but 4 meg will take IIRC over 20 minuites to send out via 56K so any reduction will make a big difference .

uploading it to a " file share host " like rapidshare , or putting it on google video or youtube would be best - then everyone at ATS can get the link

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
what i saw on the youtube video was no miracle it was the camera, i say this because i have done this many times before, i even have videos on my comp that shows the so called miracle black sun...

Wether or not there has been solar eclipses or anything else before that is not the point here, the point is the youtube video and that's what im discussing.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Ok so... because all the crapy digital camera of the world will make the sun black does that mean you will judge that the crapy cameras are infact the holy objects?....

Of course not. But you must be more precise. The digital cameras do not make the SUN black, they only make the PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE black....IF the cameras do even that much. But at Medjugorje, it isn't merely the image of the sun on a photograph that is made black, but it is the ACTUAL SUN that is completely darkened. It's a MIRACLE! Millions of people have witnessed it! Accept it...it's the TRUTH!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

skyway you said that you look at all angles to a ''miracle'' but yet you didn't even look at that FACT that the black sun was caused by the camera.

You are assuming that the camera caused it. You are also assuming that I did not consider that possibility. You are wrong on both points.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The point is that the fella was filming while a 'Miracle of the Sun' took place. He was trying to capture, on film, what MILLIONS of people have seen who have visited Medjugorje.

The Miracle of the Sun is very real there. I have seen it. My husband saw it. Friends who went saw it.

That is exactly the point. The solar miracle caught on the video is only the video record of what millions of people have seen with their own eyes directly...FIRST HAND! But that essential fact does not seem to register in some people's heads. It just goes in one ear and out the other.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

what i saw on the youtube video was no miracle it was the camera, i say this because i have done this many times before, i even have videos on my comp that shows the so called miracle black sun...

You keep repeating the same claim over and over but the fact remains you haven't produced a single picture, much less any video. Talk is cheap.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You keep repeating the same claim over and over but the fact remains you haven't produced a single picture, much less any video. Talk is cheap.

as we are repeating ourselves
i feel obliged to do it too

but seriously . i mean seriously

do not stare at the sun without CORRECT eye protection , or point optics directly at it unfiltered

i cannot stress this too highly , or repeat it too often

my camera filter for oberving the sun cost £18 GBP , my telecope filter £47 . i a;so have a pair of specacles and a monocular device - but they were free [ and built for looking at jet engines and rockets under test ]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

as we are repeating ourselves
i feel obliged to do it too

but seriously . i mean seriously

do not stare at the sun without CORRECT eye protection , or point optics directly at it unfiltered

i cannot stress this too highly , or repeat it too often

my camera filter for oberving the sun cost £18 GBP , my telecope filter £47 . i a;so have a pair of specacles and a monocular device - but they were free [ and built for looking at jet engines and rockets under test ]

Thanks for that advice. It should be heeded by all, but especially those with expensive equipment, and also those who wish to preserve their vision. I did mention this toward the beginning of the thread but it is one point that is worth repeating.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You are assuming that the camera caused it. You are also assuming that I did not consider that possibility. You are wrong on both points.

Im not assuming that you didn't take into consideration the fact that a digital camera caused this because i read this thread and i know for a fact that you didn't think this before anyone told you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join