Miracle of the Sun at Medjugorje on Video

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
ok it just stopped uploading i dunno why... this is taking forever i dunno if it's even gonna work...

im gonna try once more time to upload it but 56k is a nightmare.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ok i have doubts this is gonna work, it's just saying uploading and it doesn't end..

Maybe i can send it to someone so he can upload it?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I did a quick search on youtube and found these. As you can see, it is exactly the same effect...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Finaly it worked...

video.google.ca...

It's at the end of the video the blacked out sun by the camera.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
selfless and nobodyv2,

Amazing videos! I can't express my appreciation enough to both of you guys for those finds and for taking the time to upload them. You PRODUCED! A couple of those videos at youtube were virtually identical to the image in the video from Medjugoje. And your video, selfless, was also indistinguishable from the solar phenomenon on the Medjugorje video. Certainly the same effect can occur without anything miraculous necessarily being involved. This is the way to form educated conclusions. Evidence. And you guys provided it to me and all others who visit this site and this thread.

My final conclusion after viewing your videos is that a virtually identical image of the sun can be produced without any miraculous process being involved. If the video from Medjugorje were the only evidence for the solar miracles that occur there, I would take the position that the blackened sun in the Medjugorje video was most likely due to effects of the sun on the camera equipment and probably nothing more.

However, since the events at Medjugorje are also seen with the unaided eye by millions of people who have visited that place, I am still inclined to think that the blackened sun could have actually occurred....but I am not as convinced as I was before. It may well have been due to camera exposure or solar effect on the sensor that resulted in the black image of the sun in the Medjugorje video.

There are so many different types of miracles at that place though, and even others that involve the sun, so that even if this one is due to natural processes, there are still countless other miraculous events at Medjugorje that can not be explained in that way. But this particular solar video is no longer as convincing as other videos of supernatural occurances at that Holy Place. And as I pointed out before, the video does not stand alone...there have been many eye-witnesses to the miracles.

I wish I could find out if THIS particular video also involved eye-witnesses or if it was not viewed with the naked eye. Perhaps it wasn't. This may explain why the people in the video were not taking any notice of the sun. I asked myself that question from the beginning. You can find it in my very first post.

Thanks alot for the great videos. Nothing like solid evidence to help in developing valid conclusions about things.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yep, it's official. No miracle here.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
These camera effects remind me of some other peculiar results that appear at times in pictures. There are instances when people will take a photo and then when it is developed an object will appear in the photo that was not visible to the people with their naked eyes. Some examples of this are the numerous photos that have been taken of people which, when developed will show a ghostly figure of another person that was not seen when the photograph was taken. There have also been occasions when people took photographs which show a ufo that was invisible to those who took the photograph. The possibity then occurs to me that there may be miracles of the sun which are invisible to our natural vision but which can be caught by a camera. I am not saying that is what is happening in the videos that were posted by selfless and nobodyv2, but it is another angle that arises from critical thinking. These things need to be considered as part of the search for truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Yep, it's official. No miracle here.

Not exactly.

So some people are able to recreate what they saw on the film. That doesn't prove or disprove anything.

The FACT is that millions of people have seen this with their own eyes. Myself and my husband included. The guy was taping 'the miracle' as it happened and as thousands of people were watching it.

It doesn't matter that you may or may not be able to reproduce the effect on film. Heck .. nowadays just about anyone can make film look however they want. What matters is the millions of witness' to the event.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
My father and brother went to Medjugorje back 17 years ago and they witnessed along with hundreds of other witnesses those flashing lights coming from that room in that building where some of those visionaries prayed everyday. In fact they saw this occur everyday they were there! They also witnessed a few other things and I think one of them was this 'dancing of the sun' thing but it was not until I viewed this video in this thread that I now understand what they were talking about. So yes, this phenomenon is very real where like you said, there's been millions of people who have witnessed this and a number of other supernatural phenomenon's that occur there on a regular basis.
I read not too long about about an American Rolling Stones writer who went to Medjugorje and wrote a book about his experiences there. And in this case we have a hard core agnostic who left there as someone who had made the decision to become a Roman Catholic -- that's how much of an effect this place had on him. I'm sorry, I can't recall the name of the author or his book but I plan on checking it out of the library one of these days as I'm very interested to read his story on this.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So some people are able to recreate what they saw on the film. That doesn't prove or disprove anything.

The FACT is that millions of people have seen this with their own eyes. Myself and my husband included. The guy was taping 'the miracle' as it happened and as thousands of people were watching it.

It doesn't matter that you may or may not be able to reproduce the effect on film. Heck .. nowadays just about anyone can make film look however they want. What matters is the millions of witness' to the event.

FlyersFan, are you saying you and others witnessed THIS PARTICULAR MIRACLE, the darkened sun, with your own eyes? I thought you had been referring to the "dance of the sun" which is another one of the many miracles that occur at apparition sites of the Blessed Virgin. It is, of course, possible to produce by artificial methods similar effects in film that have been, at other times, recorded on film by supernatural means. For example, a person can get special effects that produce a ghostly figure in a photo that will appear nearly identical to a ghostly image that was photographed without any "trick photography."

This is why I made it clear in my posts that an important consideration regarding photographs and films of miracles is whether or not there were also eye-witnesses to the event. But it could be more definitely designated as a video of a miracle if there were NO other mundane way to produce the same kind of image of the sun as was recorded in the video.

FlyersFan if you have any photos or videos of miracles that you experienced when you went to Medjugorje I would appreciate it very much if you would post them for us to look at. I hope you had a camera with when you went there.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
FlyersFan, are you saying you and others witnessed THIS PARTICULAR MIRACLE, the darkened sun, with your own eyes? I thought you had been referring to the "dance of the sun"

We were not there at the time the fella took the movie on THAT DAY.

My husband and I both saw 'The dancing sun'. At times there was indeed a disk in front of the sun. For some of our group it was white. For some of our group it was red (me). For some of our group it was dark. One fella in our group saw a white disk (the Eucharist??) in front of the sun with red dripping from it into a chalice. He actually saw a chalice appear under the sun. (he was contemplating entering the priesthood at the time - I don't know if he went into the priesthood or not).

The REALLY big supernatural thing my husband and I saw was on Apparition Hill. It was at night during the time of a prayer group and an Apparition. We were about 30 feet back from two of the children who were praying the rosary. The hill was very crowded. Everyone was praying the rosary. The NIGHT SKY was mostly clear with just a few small puffy clouds here and there. As the time of the apparition got closer, the clouds all came from different parts of the sky to gather in a donut shape over the cross on Apparition Hill. The clouds went in different directions to come together over the spot of the prayer group and the cross. There was a whole in the middle - like a donut. At the time of the apparition I took a picture without a flash. Pictures with flashes were not allowed because it was a prayerful event and it's not supposed to be a tourist thing. The cross is made of metal but in the picture it looked like a thick wooden cross (the true cross?) I'll have to see if I can dig those out.

The clouds acted contrary to natural law. They moved in different directions to gather in one place and hold together over Appariton Hill in a perfect donut shape. After the Apparition the children told the crowd what Mary had said and they also said that she arrived on a beam of light through the cloud overhead. Immediately after the apparition the clouds broke up naturally and drifted off - all in the same direction with the prevailing upper winds.

Remember God using clouds and manipulating them in the Old Testament??

One fella in our group was walking to the church at about 10 pm for confession (the church and confession go on almost around the clock there to handle the crowds)... he was walking through the village to go to confession and he looked up at Cross Mountain. The Cross was glowing. There are no lights and no electricity on that mountain, but the Cross was glowing. This has been widely reported by many others who have seen the same thing.

FlyersFan if you have any photos or videos ...

I have one picture that I took of my husband while he was praying on Apparition Hill. It looks like Mary is standing between him and the cross. It looks almost like she's in a negative ... the stars around her head are black instead of white. I have no idea where that picture is ... we've moved a few times since I took it back in 1991. I'll have to go see if I can find it. If I'm able to dig it out of whatever box it's hiding in someone will have to talk me through how to post it in the internet. I've never done that before and I am not 'computer smart'.

[edit on 11/26/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
That definitley looked like a camera effect right away. I had no doubts about that. About the witnesses...I wonder if what they saw was actually a solar eclipse which would have caused a similar effect.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I wonder if what they saw was actually a solar eclipse

Solar eclipses don't last for 25 years. That's how long the 'Miracle of the Sun' has been going on over there. People have been reporting seeing it, every day that the sun is shining, for 25 years.

It doesn't happen the whole day long. Just at certain times. My husband and I were there for one week and saw it one day at around 6:30 pm at the time of the Apparition in the church.

It didn't happen before the apparitions so it's not a local phenomenon. It came with the apparitions.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

We were not there at the time the fella took the movie on THAT DAY.

My husband and I both saw 'The dancing sun'. At times there was indeed a disk in front of the sun. For some of our group it was white. For some of our group it was red (me). For some of our group it was dark. One fella in our group saw a white disk (the Eucharist??) in front of the sun with red dripping from it into a chalice. He actually saw a chalice appear under the sun. (he was contemplating entering the priesthood at the time - I don't know if he went into the priesthood or not).

It is awe-inspiring to learn about such experiences as yours and others who have visited Medjugorje. It inspires awe because it describes the glory of the power of God. The entire universe is in His hand, and such miracles as you witnessed demonstrate this truth to those who witness them. That description of the sun over a chalice signifying the consecration of the Host is one of the most exquisitely beautiful mystical miracles anyone could behold. Absolutely beyond everything except the Mighty Hand of the Lord.

The REALLY big supernatural thing my husband and I saw was on Apparition Hill. It was at night during the time of a prayer group and an Apparition. We were about 30 feet back from two of the children who were praying the rosary. The hill was very crowded. Everyone was praying the rosary. The NIGHT SKY was mostly clear with just a few small puffy clouds here and there. As the time of the apparition got closer, the clouds all came from different parts of the sky to gather in a donut shape over the cross on Apparition Hill. The clouds went in different directions to come together over the spot of the prayer group and the cross. There was a whole in the middle - like a donut. At the time of the apparition I took a picture without a flash. Pictures with flashes were not allowed because it was a prayerful event and it's not supposed to be a tourist thing. The cross is made of metal but in the picture it looked like a thick wooden cross (the true cross?) I'll have to see if I can dig those out. The clouds acted contrary to natural law. They moved in different directions to gather in one place and hold together over Appariton Hill in a perfect donut shape. After the Apparition the children told the crowd what Mary had said and they also said that she arrived on a beam of light through the cloud overhead. Immediately after the apparition the clouds broke up naturally and drifted off - all in the same direction with the prevailing upper winds.

Remember God using clouds and manipulating them in the Old Testament??

What a breath-taking sight it must have been to see the beautiful Queen of Heaven descending on a star beam through the center of that cloud circle. If I saw something like that it would be etched in my mind forever. Gives us a little idea of the glories and beauties of Heaven and the future of this world after Christ has brought it into closer harmony with Heaven.

Regarding clouds...I once read an account, in the Wall Street Journal of all places, about a mysterious incident that occurred in England. It happened several years ago so I am not too sure about some of the details, but I do remember very clearly that the article (whch was on the front page) reported that the bishops of the church of England were meeting in a cathedral and had decided to reject the teaching of the virgin birth. They had decided to reject the Bible description that Jesus was conceived in the womb of Mary by the Holy Spirit.

If I recall correctly, the report described it as a clear day except for a few puffy clouds. Then one CLOUD was seen to move against the wind current toward the cathedral where the bishops had gathered, when it reached the cathedral it hovered overhead for a while. What happened next is like something right out of the Bible -- a flash of lightning blasted out of the cloud and struck the cathedral setting the roof and some of the rafters on fire. The flames were very unlike normal flames because they produced absolutely no smoke. That's the way the firemen that came on the scene described them. This is indeed unusual because everytime there is a fire reported on the news, one of the things that is ALWAYS obvious is thick, billowing smoke. In fact, it is my understanding that most of the time, people that are caught in fires are injured by smoke rather than the fire itself. So these smokeless flames had a unique quality to say the least.

This "mysterious" incident seems to have been a message from above that expressed disapproval of the bishops denial of the virgin birth of Jesus. It should be in the archives of the Wall Street Journal somewhere, but it would go back about 8 years or so.

One fella in our group was walking to the church at about 10 pm for confession (the church and confession go on almost around the clock there to handle the crowds)... he was walking through the village to go to confession and he looked up at Cross Mountain. The Cross was glowing. There are no lights and no electricity on that mountain, but the Cross was glowing. This has been widely reported by many others who have seen the same thing.

I saw a video about a flaming cross on youtube which I will try to provide a link to in another post. You can let us know if the recorded event is the same as the miracle of the glowing cross on the mountain at Medjugorje.

FlyersFan if you have any photos or videos ...

I have one picture that I took of my husband while he was praying on Apparition Hill. It looks like Mary is standing between him and the cross. It looks almost like she's in a negative ... the stars around her head are black instead of white. I have no idea where that picture is ... we've moved a few times since I took it back in 1991. I'll have to go see if I can find it. If I'm able to dig it out of whatever box it's hiding in someone will have to talk me through how to post it in the internet. I've never done that before and I am not 'computer smart'.

I would love to see it. Also, if you can, I would appreciate it if you would photograph the rosary that was turned to gold and upload it to the web so we can see it. Thanks for enlightening us on some of the wonderful events taking place at Medjugorje.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
FlyersFan,

Here is that video of the Firey Cross that I mentioned in the previous post. BLAZING CROSS Perhaps you can let us know if it is the same as the cross that you were referring to. There are so MANY miracles taking place at Medjugorje that it is difficult sometimes to know if we are referring to the same ones. The Lord has unlocked some of the barriers to the supernatural at Medjugorje that it seems almost another world....a world where the Divine and the human convene.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Here is that video of the Firey Cross ....

That's the cross on Cross Mountain that the fella in our group saw glowing at 10pm. Others have reported seeing it glowing as well.

The cross on Apparition Hill is a different one. It is a thin metal one. When Mary appeared and I took the flashless picture the cross appeared to be thick and wooden in the picture.

The children said she came down from the clouds in a beam of light. Neither my husband or I saw the beam of light or Mary. Usually only the visionaries see her ... sometimes small children react to her being there as well.

... I'm still trying to locate the pictures. I thought we had moved twice since May 1991 ... but it is three times. Boxes and boxes ... and stuff has gotten lost ... this may take a while...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Here is that video of the Firey Cross ....

That's the cross on Cross Mountain that the fella in our group saw glowing at 10pm. Others have reported seeing it glowing as well.

The cross on Apparition Hill is a different one. It is a thin metal one. When Mary appeared and I took the flashless picture the cross appeared to be thick and wooden in the picture.

The children said she came down from the clouds in a beam of light. Neither my husband or I saw the beam of light or Mary. Usually only the visionaries see her ... sometimes small children react to her being there as well.

... I'm still trying to locate the pictures. I thought we had moved twice since May 1991 ... but it is three times. Boxes and boxes ... and stuff has gotten lost ... this may take a while...

Thanks for verifying that video. When we have evidence that correlates from different sources it substantially increases the credibility of the evidence. As far as I am concerned that kind of evidence is the next best thing to actual proof by first hand experience. The more witnesses and evidence, such as videos and photos, the more compelling it becomes and surpasses the level where it becomes more reasonable to believe than to disbelieve. And there is a FLOOD of evidence regarding Medjugorje.

I would like to know...when you were in Medjugorje, did you feel more at peace with the world? It is one of the qualities of the place that seems to impress virtually everyone that goes there. The peace is so pervasive there, that it is the first thing that people notice. Also, did you happen to meet any of the visionaries?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have not been to see for myself, so please don't take this the wrong way, but the pictures I have found of the concrete cross (the one that gets illuminated) all seem to me to show various extrusions and cables. In fact things very much what I would expect if there were lights on it.

This is the back of the cross, where the long line up te back goes on above the cross to form a point. I am guessing this is a lightening earthing rod:

And here is - as far as I can tell - the other side of the cross:

Forgive me, but I want to examine perhaps the last of those three a little closer. What are the objects I have highighted in the image below? They look, to someone who has not been there, like they may well be lights and cables. The lowest horizontal "cable" in fact looks like it has been used to hold the flowers up by tucking them behind it. Whatever the case, these extrusions are not part of the concrete of the cross itself. I supose they could be bands to hold the lightening rod in place, as the images of the other side of the cross are not good enough to see if that is their function:

And this one shows all the little "nodules" protruding, but also a cross-shaped line on the cross, extending beneath it. It looks highly like electrical cabling intended to reach the nodules (which I think could be lights) to a skeptic:

(If only we had more upload space!)

Please feel free to comment on the apparrent features.

To me this looks like artificial lights on the cross. Looking closely at the video linked to implies that the light is not uniform on the cross either. It appears to generate from a number of points on the cross. Look at the very first few frames of the video and you see distinct seperate points of light, which only blend to a whole when the camera zooms out.

Cheers.

Rob.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
d60944,

Good job with the photos. It really appears to be some kind of lightning rod to me. Of course we would expect to see that on any object that is situated in a setting such as that cross...on top of a mountain in the open. It's a way to protect the cross and those who may gather around it I think. Also, this is not the same cross that people have reported seeing all ablaze and that appears on the video that I linked to.

From what FlyersFan has said, I understand that the cross which appears in the photos that you provided above is located on Apparition Hill. Whereas the firey cross that has been seen shining brightly appears on Cross Mountain. I'm not even sure if there is an actual cross on Cross Mountain or if it is a complete apparition. I know that the one on Apparition Hill is a real, material cross made of metal. That's the one in your photos. But the firey cross that appears in the video that I linked to, appears on Cross Mountain and as far as I know there is no actual material cross on that mountain.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The cross I have shown is the concrete cross. It was erected before the visions started, in 1934. It is on Krizevac Hill (my Serbo-Croat is rusty, but I think that means "Cross Hill") 2km from the main church. This is not the same cross as at Apparition Hill, at Medjugorje itself. However it is the concrete cross that is what is claimed to light up, and is what is being filmed in the video.

The first two pics I showed were of the lightening rod - this runs up the back of the cross. It is the nodules sticking out at various points and the (cables?) lines shown on the front of the cross which pique my curiosity.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by d60944]

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join