It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda to explode 30 jetliners and trains in Europe on Christmas eve

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Lawmakers yesterday questioned whether the federal government overlooked terrorism risks to passenger and freight railroads as it responded to the September 11 attacks.
"Our enemies seek a soft target," Rep. Jon Porter, Nevada Republican, said during a congressional hearing.
(none)
The House Transportation and Infrastructure railroads subcommittee is investigating ways to avert attacks such as the March 11 Madrid train bombings that killed 191 persons.
www.washingtontimes.com...

If this government actually cares about keeping people safe, then they would actually make an attempt at it. This is because it would not be that difficult for the government to pass legislation as to where the railroads would be required to put cabooses, or 'guard' vans, on the rear of the trains. This way, you could have the train covered by someone from one end to the other. Of course, loopholes would be found by the insurance companies to keep that from happening. Not only that, the railroads, like CSX and Union Pacific, would find ways to keep from hiring conductors to put on the caboose. This could happen because of the greed that has taken over this country.

I can at least say that if the railroads will not willingly participate with what the government does, fine them for each day that the requirements aren't met. The government can actuallyforce railroads to abide by the rulings that affect the railroads. For example, the military takeover of American railroads in 1917 prior to our entrance into World War I. This was done to make the shipment of military goods and supplies going over to Europe easier and more efficient. This in turn, made the war go much faster than what it would have went if the takeovers would not have happened.

I honestly believe that if someone wanted to attack any given railroad line over here, they would have already done such by now. It would be easy for someone to slip a bomb onto a train or onto the tracks. However, I am not saying nor condoning an attack on any of the railroads. I am just stating my opinion and the truth on this matter. This is because out of all the modes of transportation that support the infrastructure here, the railroads are the least secure mode of transportation here in the United States and Canada.

One major drawback to keeping the railroads secure is due to the vast distances between populated locations on railroad systems. I can guarantee this, you go through some parts here in West Virginia by rail, it could be miles before you see another town or a city. Some of the most remote parts of the state can only be reached by rail, and if you're lucky, by roads. What I'm saying is that it would be nearly impossible to have a person for every single mile of railroad track in this country. Not only do you have thousands of miles of mainline track that you would have to look over, but you would also have thousands of miles of branches that come off of the mainlines to look over.

This government that we have now spent eleven billion dollars on aviation security after 9-11. While doing that, they basically said that the railroads do not matter for the time being. Now, that these committees for improving security on the railroads, something may actually be done to protect the rails. For example, the T.S.A. began a 30 day test to see if screening passengers boarding trains for bombs would be possible. I say that this will not work because if you screen every single passenger, it will cause the trains to be running hours behind schedule. If this happens, it can screw up trains running over the whole system. Plus, if the trains run late, it will just be another sad nail in the coffin for Amtrak.

With the way this government is being run now, I will go as far as to say that is would be dam near impossible to secure every mile of track in both the U.S. and Canada.

[edit on 11/19/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Holy poo, looks like he was right!!

infowars.com...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well,it's 9:30 pm Eastern standard time and so far no major attacks.Looks like so far Al Qaeda hasn't done anything-and probably won't.Let's wait and see If anything happens more towards the new years eve celebrations

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
Holy poo, looks like he was right!!

infowars.com...

no he was wrong because nothing hapenened

Mod Edit: Quote Clean Up.

[edit on 26/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Surprised?

[edit on 12/26/2006 by QuietSoul]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm not surprised by this either. Not surprised the least little bit.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

glad it didn't happen... always the Ruskies with the BS... KGB boys never give up do they...... probably trying to put the idea into those savage**DEROGATORY STEREOTYPE REMOVED**head........
but who won the Cold War Ivan????? well guess what???? USA did! that's who...

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
That russian newspaper you quote from should be banned in my opinion.
It consistently releases pure garbage as news...
I do not trust a single word they publish.

Agreed. It's a shame for journalism.
Additionally, Al Qaeda has always had the target of killing as many people as possible. Well... I don't expect full trains on Christmas eve.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join