It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda to explode 30 jetliners and trains in Europe on Christmas eve

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
All of you that are dismissing it are acting the same as those who discredited Bin Laden before 9/11. Scare mongering? The elections are over, so what is your excuse? What now, possibly, could the GOP gain from fear mongering?

A strike in Europe shows strength but will not get the backlash if attacking America.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think it was that same site (pravda) that said that steve irwin was EATEN by a stingray...but i surpose like most media groups, they will either give you a compelling story-or-make one up to get the ratings. This is all B.S made to generate fear in everyone, and make people want to read off them to see whats going to hapen. Dont listen to it. CASE CLOSED.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Pravda? Yeah I wouldn't trust a single word they say about this.

People would have to be foolish to doubt the possibility of a terrorist attack for that possibility is always there and forever will be, people are attacking the credibility of the source that posted this information. There's a difference.

There is always a possibility of an attack and that in itself is enough to scare people to take the measures that they have.

I read on this thread that "War is Peace". Now I could understand the thought behind this, but this obviously is a contradiction, War cannot be Peace, but War can LEAD to Peace, just as Peace can lead to War.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
You gotta have a sense of humour about all this.

OH NO WE DON'T!!!

Nothing is funny about 9/11. Nothing is funny about the Bali bombings.
Nothing is funny about the Spain and UK train bombings.
Nothing is funny about ANY of this! It is deadly serious.

Originally posted by piriton
how many attacks have there been since the twin towers and london?

[edit on 11/14/2006 by FlyersFan]

You are absoultely correct that there is nothing funny about any of the successful terrorist attacks that have occured.If anyone has taken offence to that,I sincerely apologize.My point was that of the timing of the story and it's source.That is where I find the humour,and dissapointment in all this.If we go on ducking and covering every time one of these stories pops up.WE might as well all go down to the nearest CAIR office,get a copy of the Quran and a prayer rug and start praying towards Mecca.The thing about all this is that these guys don't even have to fire one single bullet to get the same result by this kind of Journalism.There needs to be some kind of tact,or moral responsibilty when one of these stories come along.Almost like we ignore it to a point,but at the same time keep one eye on it to see what happens.Remember,all the successful terrorist attacks were not predicted by Pravda

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

From the guardian - Al-qaida planning nuclear attack on UK.

The Guardian UK

Oh gee .. how funny is that? NOT!!

[edit on 11/14/2006 by FlyersFan]

I don't think that It will be Al Qaida. People should look towards the Pope. Bush and Osama Are the same (same school and societies) and Bush is a Jesuit.

www.rense.com...

Thats all I could find online in a short notice.
It is difficult to really pin it on him but I do belive it is true

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
OKOKOK Now think like a terroist. Wouldn't you bring in the bombs in the 60's and 70's when you carry the material in a suitcase or a coffin and just sit on it until the right time. Come on they have suicide Bombers that does not happen overnight.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So I read the topic and even if the government was plotting this from the very beginning the twin towers were attacked by a plane but I think people are idiots these days they are acting like terrorism has never happened before with all the posts in the topic regarding how this is a made up war terrorism has existed since about the 80s. That means that there has been bombings, suicide bombing attacks, and lackage in security. Apparently the intelligence committee needs to do a crack-down on the al-quedas before they invade the United States.

As far as the UK goes, using a nuke would make it a lot easier to kill lots of people but then again them saying that terrorists are going to blow up 30 planes is a little bit much. This is no joking matter.

I think that 9-11 wasnt funny.
The war on iraq wasnt funny.
The could be war on Iran isnt funny.
And the potential disaster in the middle east that could circumvent the world isnt funnier.

To the people that say that this war on terrorism is illegal: Terrorism has existed before the 00's (you should do some more research because that's silly to think that I mean come on here. WTF mate.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
flyers
Someone said you have to have a sense of humor about these things, and you replied...

OH NO WE DON'T!!!

I disagree.

It's downright hilarious to watch people FREAK OUT over a threat less likely to harm them than bad mayo or a drunk driver, or a deadly infection picked up from an unsanitary hospital.

People are losing their minds and sacrificing their own liberties to protect themselves from a threat that barely exists.

It's a fact that more people will die in one year from cancer, diabetes, or traffic accidents in this country (pick one) than have ever, or probably will ever, die from boogeyman Islamic terrorists.

The fact that we have the power to mitigate those other threats to a much greater degree makes the situation even more ludicrous.

Additionally, the fact that our ham-handed efforts to stop terrorism have caused more terrorism is funnier than anything you'll see on Comedy Central.

Finally, the fact that even with all the rhetoric going around about making us safe from terrorists we haven't yet taken meaningful steps to protect our water, food, and electricity - well that's just too funny for words. That's jaw-dropping stuff - so astounding it defies the imagination. Screenwriters wouldn't touch this plot, because nobody would buy it - it's too unrealistic, and yet here we are.

We have the means to actually put up a respectable defense against random acts of violence committed by religious fanatics, but instead we a.) don't protect ourselves and b.) make the problem worse.

Bravo.

You can't write comedy that good, I'm sorry, you just can't.

This is the ultimate blooper reel, playing out before our very eyes. We're the stars in the comedy titled 'History' - If you can't find it funny, you have no choice but to either not understand it at all, or find it unbelievably terrifying. I'll find it funny, thank you very much, rather than choose ignorance or abject terror.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
If a Nuke was exploded in Europe or USA it would be nuclear war on Middle East from entire USA, Europe, im sure the policy is it happened once we wont ever let it happen again and the move to defcon 1 against axis of evil country's would be given and by the end of that terrible day there would be no freakin terrorist country's left they would all be glass glowing mushrooms, as the steps would be granted to be taken for this to never ever happen again, and that means total all out nuke responce from the WEST, only other options would be some sort of secret weapon deployment or atom bomb them to smitherines just look at Hiroshima 60 years on and people live at ground zero, hey maybe thats in China's interest they want more land dont they lol....

Top priority targets would be

IRAN
N.Korea
Syria
some other terror sponsor middle east country's

then after that mass deployment of troops to areas where Muslims are causeing trouble and by mass deployment i mean WW2 style slaughtering and mowing down buildings and stuff D-Day style landings.

also all muslims would be rounded up into POW camps and dealt with either deported or just kept in the camps.

and as for Russia or China they would be wise to stay out of our buisness while we did all that or else it be WW3 for them...

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   

So since 9/11 there have been a total of 3 attacks in the West (if you include Bali)?

You have much more chance of being killed in a road accident, food poisoning or even accidental guns shots (if you live in the US) than you do of being killed by a terrorist.

43,443 people died in road traffic accidents in the US alone in 2005. When does the War on Traffic start?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
then after that mass deployment of troops to areas where Muslims are causeing trouble and by mass deployment i mean WW2 style slaughtering and mowing down buildings and stuff D-Day style landings.

also all muslims would be rounded up into POW camps and dealt with either deported or just kept in the camps.

Hmmm, nice to see how much thought you have put into your planned genocide.

When you say "POW camps" you are talking about concentration camps aren't you? Just be honest and use the phrase. How will you identify the muslims from the non-muslims anyway? Will they have to wear badges?

[edit on 15/11/06 by FatherLukeDuke]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
flyers I disagree.

You are entitled to disagree. I disagree with your disagreement.

It's downright hilarious to watch people FREAK OUT ...

Being aware of what is going on and taking steps to protect yourself are not 'freaking out'. Being aware of what is going on and being cautious isn't 'hilarious' ... it's common sense. Especially when there is a large group of people who have openly declared war against you and have said they will kill you as soon as they can.

People are losing their minds and sacrificing their own liberties to protect themselves from a threat that barely exists.

- No one is losing their mind.

- No liberties have been sacrificed. You don't believe that but it's true. If the government wants to listen in to international calls from suspected terrorists then I have not given up any liberty. If a librarian wants to report to the FBI that someone has been taking notes on how to make a nuclear bomb then I am just fine with that.

- The threat barely exists?? I disagree. So do the victims and families of 9/11, Bali, the Spain and UK train bombings, and the rest of the sucessful terrorist attacks. I'm sure the people who survived Richard Reids attempt don't believe the threat barely exists. There are thousands and thousands of people alive today because of many twarted terrorist attempts (as have been discussed on threads here). The threat is real.

It's a fact that more people will die in one year from cancer, diabetes, or traffic accidents in this country (pick one) than have ever, or probably will ever, die from boogeyman Islamic terrorists.

.... until they let the dirty nukes, or full nukes, explode in NYC or DC, or Paris, or London .... It's just a matter of time. They have said they will do it and there are plenty of free floating and unaccounted for Soviet era nukes running around.

The fact that we have the power to mitigate those other threats to a much greater degree makes the situation even more ludicrous.

No. Not ludicrous. FRUSTRATING and SICKENING that we need to be doing more and yet we aren't. Our border is WIDE OPEN and very inviting. It's disgusting. There isn't anything funny about allowing the grim reaper of terrorism full access.

Additionally, the fact that our ham-handed efforts to stop terrorism have caused more terrorism is funnier than anything you'll see on Comedy Central.

Terrorism is funny?? Seriously WyrdeOne ... that's sick. And no, our efforts to stop terrorists have not caused more. That mantra from the far left is strange to say the least. The terrorists have hated us and attacked us LONG BEFORE Bush 43 and his War on Terror started. 9/11 was in the works LONG BEFORE he got in and had actually been planned to take place during the Clinton years but got postponed. Their plan to down all those jetliners into the pacific was to take place during the Clinton years as well.

The terrorists have been at war with us long before Bush 43s war on terror and they will be at war with us long after he's gone. It's their way of life.

Finally, the fact that even with all the rhetoric going around about making us safe from terrorists we haven't yet taken meaningful steps to protect our water, food, and electricity - well that's just too funny for words.

That's not funny at all. That just means that people like YOU are not taking the threat seriously enough. And when those things are hit and mass numbers of people die then I betchya YOU and those like you who are laughing will be the first ones to blame the government for not taking the threat seriously.

You can't write comedy that good, I'm sorry, you just can't.

Save your apology for when the terrorists hit us again in a big way. They declared war on us back in the 1990s. Why o why can't you see that this really is war? It's not funny at all.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
So since 9/11 there have been a total of 3 attacks in the West (if you include Bali)?

6557 terrorist attacks around the world since 9/11 (as of 9/14/06)

We have been sucessful in twarting many plots, or haven't you been watching the news and/or the threads here? The plan to down all the jetliners in the Pacific. The recent plan to down the jetliners from Europe to America. All those arrests in England connected to that. The arrests in America of the people in Florida who were planning to hit the Sears tower. etc etc etc

So it's only a threat if we let them do their damage and mass killing??

[edit on 11/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
As has been mentioned in this thread, as in many others... FEAR is the bottom line.

Its not the act itself, but the fear it incites.

Whether or not an attack ever happens again, their main goal IMO is FEAR. The damage has been done, and will continue on indefinitely. Whether you believe its AQ or the government behind it, it all comes down to instilling fear into the masses. EASIER TO CONTROL.

My guess for next possible attack points would be elsewhere than US or UK. The fear of terrorism already thrives in these places, and unless whoever is in control feels it diminishing, there really is no reason for another 'TRUE' attack.

Places like France, Canada, Australia, etc.... Low lying nations that feel they are just a little above the terrorism threat are probably more susceptible to a terrorist attack.

I believe they want to spread the fear around, not concentrate on what particular spot.

As I mentioned, the USA is not above any further attacks, I just feel most of the threats of recent are just that, threats. To keep everyone looking over their shoulders.

If the time comes when whoever is in 'control' decides another attack is in order, then preventing it will not even be an issue, the fuse will have already been lit, sort of say.

Keep the fear alive

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't think they would require an army of 12,000 to create any significant damage. In 9/11 just about 20 of them managed to bring down the WTC and surrounding buildings.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by laiguana]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
When does the War on Traffic start?

I'll be first in line to enlist. Traffic pisses me off BAD. Especially on the freeway during rush hour, I mean, how the hell can everybody just sit there? There are no stop lights, how can everybody be at a dead stop? It makes me SO mad, and defies all logic. Yes, sign me up for the new WoT....

As for terrorists getting nuclear weapons, I really can't see that happening. The suitcase thing is a joke, nobody even knows if they really existed, and if they did, they would need constant high tech maintenance to stay effective, not to mention, what is known about these mythical objects, if they existed, is that the military may have possesed them, but the KGB had the codes to activate them and they couldn't be hotwired without ruining it. So, if a corrupt Russian military person were to sell it to a terrorist, it would be worthless, and if the military, and Russian intel worked together to sell it to a terrorist, and it was maintained properly by the terrorist and actually detonated. The U.S. would hit Russia back, and I highly doubt a few million and the praise of Allah would be worth it to the Russians to start nuclear war.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

- No liberties have been sacrificed. You don't believe that but it's true. If the government wants to listen in to international calls from suspected terrorists then I have not given up any liberty. If a librarian wants to report to the FBI that someone has been taking notes on how to make a nuclear bomb then I am just fine with that.

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" - Benjamin Franklin

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Being aware of what is going on and taking steps to protect yourself are not 'freaking out'. Being aware of what is going on and being cautious isn't 'hilarious' ... it's common sense. Especially when there is a large group of people who have openly declared war against you and have said they will kill you as soon as they can.

That's my whole point though, people aren't taking meaningful steps to protect themselves, and the government isn't taking meaningful steps to protect the people.

Being cautious is well and good, but that's not even close to what we're doing. We're ignoring the real threats, and even when it comes to the threat of terrorism we're passing up opportunities to protect ourselves. That's my point. That's what's funny.

People are so eager to focus on terrorism that they're forgetting how small a threat it is, in the grand scheme of things, and they're so terror-stricken that they haven't even managed to mitigate the terrorism threat appropriately - despite the fact that they're focusing on it! That's the problem with fear (caution taken to the extreme), it clouds the judgement and often becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

- No one is losing their mind.

Yes they are. When they are focused on a minor threat to the exlusion of everything else, and end up getting hit by a bus, their fear has gotten the best of them. Fear is only a useful reaction if it leads to heightened caution.

This sort of fear leads to the worst sort of self-defeating stupor imaginable. It's made Americans turn on each other, and you know the old saying, united we stand, divided we fall...

People in America are worried about terrorism, and that curtails their ability to think critically about the threats that are real and more likely to influence their lives.

Hence, losing their minds.

- The threat barely exists?? I disagree. So do the victims and families of 9/11, Bali, the Spain and UK train bombings, and the rest of the sucessful terrorist attacks. I'm sure the people who survived Richard Reids attempt don't believe the threat barely exists. There are thousands and thousands of people alive today because of many twarted terrorist attempts (as have been discussed on threads here). The threat is real.

The threat is real, and small. You're more likely to die from a bad reaction to a bee sting.

Why is there no war on small poisonous insects?

That's my point, that you refuse to see. Terrorism is a threat, yes. There are MILLIONS of 'threats' that we could focus on to protect ourselves. My whole point is that we're better off focusing on one of the major threats, like cancer or diabetes.

We've spent BILLIONS of dollars increasing the threat of terrorism, when we could have spent BILLIONS of dollars decreasing the threat of disease.

Do you understand my point?

.... until they let the dirty nukes, or full nukes, explode in NYC or DC, or Paris, or London .... It's just a matter of time. They have said they will do it and there are plenty of free floating and unaccounted for Soviet era nukes running around.

Indeed, and we could protect ourselves from that fate by installing port security and border security, water security, food-transport security, electrical grid security, etc., instead of paying BILLIONS to build high-tech weapons to drop on foreign troublemakers.

Please, tell me that you're starting to understand the point that I'm getting at here....

No. Not ludicrous. FRUSTRATING and SICKENING that we need to be doing more and yet we aren't. Our border is WIDE OPEN and very inviting. It's disgusting. There isn't anything funny about allowing the grim reaper of terrorism full access.

The grim reaper? Please...

Diabetes is the grim reaper. Cancer is the grim reaper. Terrorism is sensationalized and it's all we hear about, but it remains a miniscule threat in the grand scheme of things.

It would be an even more minor threat if we took logical steps to protect ourselves and our allies, instead of spending all this money foolishly. So eager to solve the problem, and so blinded by our fear, that we end up crippling ourselves. :shk:

Terrorism is funny?? Seriously WyrdeOne ... that's sick. And no, our efforts to stop terrorists have not caused more. That mantra from the far left is strange to say the least. The terrorists have hated us and attacked us LONG BEFORE Bush 43 and his War on Terror started. 9/11 was in the works LONG BEFORE he got in and had actually been planned to take place during the Clinton years but got postponed. Their plan to down all those jetliners into the pacific was to take place during the Clinton years as well.

If you'll take the time to read my post carefully, you'll notice I never said terrorism was funny. I said our efforts to address the threat are funny, and our priorities are funny.

Terrorism really isn't that funny, but to be fair, it's not that frightening either.

The terrorists have been at war with us long before Bush 43s war on terror and they will be at war with us long after he's gone. It's their way of life.

It's not their way of life, it's a bunch of nonsense very similar to our own brand of nonsense. They've got a whole host of nutters in power preaching about the great Satan and religious gobbledygook to take the minds of the people off of their horrendous living conditions and the disparity in the wealth of the few versus the lack of wealth suffered by the many.

In many ways, the American people have more in common with the terrorists than they would ever imagine. Both have their ignorance stoked and exploited by wiser men, above the crowd, interested in maintaining order and focusing anger elsewhere.

That's not funny at all. That just means that people like YOU are not taking the threat seriously enough. And when those things are hit and mass numbers of people die then I betchya YOU and those like you who are laughing will be the first ones to blame the government for not taking the threat seriously.

You're completely missing the point. Read my posts again, and if you still disagree, we'll continue.

As it stands you've completely ignored my stated concerns and erected a straw man that paints me as the cause of the problem.

Try again, and harder next time.

I'm not the one funnelling Billions into the pockets of do-nothing contractors. I'm not the one prosecuting a foreign war in lieu of erecting domestic defenses. I'm not the one telling people to worry about terrorism, then doing nothing to mitigate its impact. Please, don't misunderstand.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh come on people, Al-Qaeda is a phantom organisation created by the US goverment.
The Bush family and the Bin Laden family are good friends of each other.. What a coincedence that the 2 most hated people on earth originate from these 2 families.
Open your eyes and stop watching FOX television, this stuff is real and people are getting away with it..
Short history about Al-Qaeda

I cant believe so many people are buying this BS..

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree with 137 this is all just scare-tactics, the Bushs and their close affiliates are in control, No attack will happen unless they want it too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join