It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF Shell Misses Target by 1KM and Kills Women and Children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
8 Children and 4 women murdered in their sleep, 11 of them from 1 family. IDF aiming for Qassam sites "erroneously" struck a residential area. 40 People were also injured in the attack and are being treated in hospitals. The IDF is "Checking the report" as usual. Will this stop? This is truly sad.

19 Palestinians die in IDF shelling in northern Gaza

By Avi Issacharoff and Amos Harel, Haaretz Correspondents, Haaretz Service and News Agencies

Israel Defense Forces artillery shells struck a residential area in the northern Gaza town of Beit Hanun early Wednesday, killing at least 19 Palestinians and wounding dozens of others.

Eight children and four women were among the dead. Eleven of the victims were members of the Athamna family.

Khaled Radi, a Palestinian Health Ministry official, said all of those killed were civilians. According to witnesses, the victims were sleeping when the 15-minute barrage of shells first hit.

Source

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Don't the IDF have ultra-modern satellite technology, up-to-the-time artillery vehicles, which can hit a window of a house from 15 miles? Well perhaps they did not miss at all, maybe they were actually targetting that family in their sleep.

Would not surprise me - after all, an IDF Sniper shot a 12-year old girl, saying that he "MISSED".

[edit on 8/11/06 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
You are right. They supposedly have the best weapons, precision guided, supposedly best trained so there is no excuse for it.
There was talk about they might have been (Israeli settlers) terrorists and did this on purpose or that they will be charged with terrorism by the IDF. Lets see what happens.

There is international outrage over this attrocity this is for sure.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i guess they should stop launching qassam rockets into israel.

but my guess is that it wont happen... its just does not fit with the murderous way of islam.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Having the best technology isn't an assurance of having no mistakes. Modern weapons always go where they are guided. Remember when the Chinese embassy was bombed in Belgrade? So what we have here is either human error in aiming, error in intelligence given to the troops, or a deliberate attempt to target civilian areas.

You're not really getting any mileage out of this by claiming that Israel has junky weapons. Look at other alternatives.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Having the best technology isn't an assurance of having no mistakes. Modern weapons always go where they are guided.

Yeah and accident here and accident there and accident everywhere. We accidentally used phosphorus and nuclear weapons, yes nuclear, on Lebanon. We accidentally hit a UN outpost, we accidentally hit Qana, we accidentally hit Qana again, we accidentally hit an ambulance. Shall I continue or am I supposed to believe in so many accidents?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by dbates
Having the best technology isn't an assurance of having no mistakes. Modern weapons always go where they are guided.

Yeah and accident here and accident there and accident everywhere. We accidentally used phosphorus and nuclear weapons, yes nuclear, on Lebanon. We accidentally hit a UN outpost, we accidentally hit Qana, we accidentally hit Qana again, we accidentally hit an ambulance. Shall I continue or am I supposed to believe in so many accidents?

Wooha! nuclear??? prove it!

and yes there are alot of mistakes being made. the israeli army is not perfect unlike the palestinians that do whatever they can to stop rockets launching into israel, suicide bombers and hit n run knife stabs [sarcasm].

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko

I admit I were wrong. UN investigation today concluded that no evidence of depleted uranium was used. I claimed they did since I read that in a paper several days ago.

the israeli army is not perfect unlike the palestinians that do whatever they can to stop rockets launching into israel, suicide bombers and hit n run knife stabs [sarcasm].

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a champion of Palestinian violence against Israeli civilians, but I can perfectly imagine how it is to live in an Israeli created living hell on earth.

If you are Jew or Israeli yourself you should be very well aware of that, if not I'd recommend to watch this video.

Oh, and using phosphorus weapons aint any better than killing people by committing suicide.

Moreover, it would be great if you are from Israel as I'd like to know how Israeli's in general think about the recently appointed minister Avigdor Lieberman.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I admit I were wrong. UN investigation today concluded that no evidence of depleted uranium was used. I claimed they did since I read that in a paper several days ago.

first of all i respect you for your sincerity.

the israeli army is not perfect unlike the palestinians that do whatever they can to stop rockets launching into israel, suicide bombers and hit n run knife stabs [sarcasm].

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a champion of Palestinian violence against Israeli civilians, but I can perfectly imagine how it is to live in an Israeli created living hell on earth.

If you are Jew or Israeli yourself you should be very well aware of that, if not I'd recommend to watch this video.

Oh, and using phosphorus weapons aint any better than killing people by committing suicide.

Moreover, it would be great if you are from Israel as I'd like to know how Israeli's in general think about the recently appointed minister Avigdor Lieberman.

i saw that movie and its very one sided. on the same line i can recommend you to watch this title: www.obsessionthemovie.com... that im pretty sure you are familiar with.

and i really think that the talking about that kind of weapon or another being used is pointless, in a region where there are basically no rules the question should not be what but why.

i myself voted for Leiberman last time as i think he is the best leader we have today.
and him being appointed minister was just a matter of time. i can also say that in the next election in israel i see him as one of two candidates for PM office and i think he have the better chances to be elected.

one very important thing is that i see much ignorance about the israeli politics on ATS so ill be more then happy to answer any question you have about politics and anything related to israel.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I could not have said it better myself.

You have voted Mdv2 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

And ofcourse they accidently attacked the German ship.

Looks like the IDF have really a big level of accidents in their military.

Accidently I don't buy any of these accidents.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

And ofcourse they accidently attacked the German ship.

Looks like the IDF have really a big level of accidents in their military.

Accidently I don't buy any of these accidents.

the IDF never attacked a german ship it was flares and it was already discussed here so stop sprouting your anti israeli propoganda.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

the IDF never attacked a german ship it was flares and it was already discussed here so stop sprouting your anti israeli propoganda.

Ofcourse they accidently dropped flares, right?

And if you wish, I got plenty of this anti israeli propoganda, if you want to see more so-called "incidents", where the IDF accidently missed.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Ofcourse they accidently dropped flares, right?

And if you wish, I got plenty of this anti israeli propoganda, if you want to see more so-called "incidents", where the IDF accidently missed.

oh gosh. they did not "ACCEIDENTLY" dropped the flares, there was an agreement between the UN (germans) and the IDF that every ship that want to dock on lebanon should report to the IDF because the threats of terrorists transporting weapons to the hezbollah. one of the german ships did not obey those rules and an israel jet shot a flare as a warning accordint to "Procedures". this was a small incident that was exaggerated especially by anti-israelies like yourself.

and atleast in israel this is called incidents unlike in palestine where any killing is celebrated with candies.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by DeMitsuko]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

and atleast in israel this is called incidents unlike in palestine where any killing is celebrated with candies.

An INCIDENT?

I call it a WARCRIME;

B'Tselem: The Killing of Civilians in Beit Hanun is a War Crime

Israeli artillery shells struck a residential neighborhood in Beit Hanun, Gaza Strip, early Wednesday morning, killing 18 civilians, including 7 minors, and wounding some 40 others. The Israeli military contended that the artillery fire was aimed at the place from which Qassam rockets were fired at Ashkelon yesterday, an area about half a kilometer from where the shells actually landed. The IDF said that human or technical error caused the shells to strike the houses. The Minister of Defense has ordered an investigation into the incident.

So, how come that the shells landed half a kilometer from the area which they were supposed to hit - and they ACCIDENTLY hit 18 civilians, including 7 children?

Oh yeah - I am looking Forward to the Investigaton into this already!

Palestinian human rights NGOs condemn Beit Hanoun Massacre

Palestinian human rights organizations strongly condemn this outrageous crime and stress that it is but another example of the continued excessive use of force and the targeting of civilians and civilian objects that is carried out by IOF. Moreover, the human rights organizations stress that this brutality is directed without the observance of the principles of discrimination, proportionality or military necessity. This crime again illustrates the extent to which the IOF disregards the prohibition by international humanitarian law (IHL) of targeting civilians and civilian objects and the obligation to protect them.

The undersigned organizations emphasize that the state of silence on the part of the international community, when such crimes have occurred in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT) in the past, has only encouraged the IOF to show even more disregard to its obligations as enshrined in IHL and civilian life, as manifested in this crime.

The undersigned organizations also emphasize that the IOF's conduct in Beit Hanoun today constitutes a war crime according to the provisions of IHL and, as such, warns of Israeli attempts to manipulate the international community and public to avoid accountability.

Yes - this is considered a WARCRIME in the International Law if you did not know that yet; and if a so-called "rocket" fired from Hamas would land and kill 18 Israeli civilians, including 7 minors, I bet you would be jumping up and down and yelling "TERRORISTS!" - but in the case of IDF, this is considerd an ERROR, a MISTAKE, an ACCIDENT; nothing to see here, move along!

For all those who want to know more:
Amnesty International delegate visits scene of Gaza Strip killings
Switzerland must act on Gaza even as others choose silence
Beit Hanoun: A People's Will versus an Army's Arsenal
UNRWA strongly condemns Israeli military operations in Beit Hanoun

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
call it a war crime but in fact it is an accident. UNLIKE palestinians that kill innocent people with intent.

and you can post thousands of links about war crimes and IDF incidents but in reality all will remain the same. as long the palestinias will support terrorism they will suffer and that matter is by the palestinians own hands. will they do anything? i guess not. they need to realize that terror is not the answer, only then they will stop to suffer.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Souljah,

Someone supporting a fascist who openly said that the Egyptian Aswan High dam, Cairo and Tehran should be bombed, that his fellow Arab Knesset colleagues should be executed, that all Palestinian prisoners should be drowned in the Dead Sea, that the Palestinian territories should be destroyed, and is suspected of having ties with the Russian mafia is not worth your time.

Someone who has similar thoughts as leaders of Nazi-Germany had. How ironic.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

call it a war crime but in fact it is an accident. UNLIKE palestinians that kill innocent people with intent.

and you can post thousands of links about war crimes and IDF incidents but in reality all will remain the same. as long the palestinias will support terrorism they will suffer and that matter is by the palestinians own hands. will they do anything? i guess not. they need to realize that terror is not the answer, only then they will stop to suffer.

Excuse me mister, but Israel is doing far, FAR, FAR more Terrorists Acts then all the Palestinian "Terrorists" all togather. But I guess you do not see that in this way - and may I be so bold and say, that you are definelty an Israeli.

I guess you just do not understand, that you just can not let people live like dogs in ghettos, crammed without water, without jobs, without hope - carved up with checkpoints and setllements - shelling them wheneverthe# you want, driving bulldozers throught their buildings, pulling out olive trees (you know the trees of PEACE?).

But I guess you do not see that way.

IDF is just "DEFENDING" itself.

Tell me - how can you be DEFENDING itself, when you are standing on the OCCUPIED TERRITORY? That within self is an oxymoron - and I hope you know what that means.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Excuse me mister, but Israel is doing far, FAR, FAR more Terrorists Acts then all the Palestinian "Terrorists" all togather. But I guess you do not see that in this way - and may I be so bold and say, that you are definelty an Israeli.

I guess you just do not understand, that you just can not let people live like dogs in ghettos, crammed without water, without jobs, without hope - carved up with checkpoints and setllements - shelling them wheneverthe# you want, driving bulldozers throught their buildings, pulling out olive trees (you know the trees of PEACE?).

But I guess you do not see that way.

IDF is just "DEFENDING" itself.

Tell me - how can you be DEFENDING itself, when you are standing on the OCCUPIED TERRITORY? That within self is an oxymoron - and I hope you know what that means.

nice find sherlock. i already stated in this thread that im from israel...

the thing that im most upset of is that the muslim world NEVER looks in the mirror. they always blame the west/israel.
palestinians never said one that maybe the way of terror is the wrong way. every time they have some kind of bad thing happen to them they never said "hey maybe there is some fault on us?". no! they always saying "lets terrorize israel even MORE!"

the ball was always in the palestinians court. they are the only saviors for themselves.

one more thing: the IDF was not inside the palestinians territory until they kidnaped Gilad Shalit. even when they launched rockets inside israel. and there is no oxmymoron IDF did not defend itself now he went to an offensive that happend in the enemy territory.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Souljah,

Someone supporting a fascist who openly said that the Egyptian Aswan High dam, Cairo and Tehran should be bombed, that his fellow Arab Knesset colleagues should be executed, that all Palestinian prisoners should be drowned in the Dead Sea, that the Palestinian territories should be destroyed, and is suspected of having ties with the Russian mafia is not worth your time.

Someone who has similar thoughts as leaders of Nazi-Germany had. How ironic.

half of what you said is out of context now as before it was relevant and half are lies you just made up.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

half of what you said is out of context now as before it was relevant and half are lies you just made up.

Is it?

"Lieberman represents a racist-facist position toward the Arab public," said Meretz MK Ran Cohen. "He is already bombing the Aswan Dam and Tehran, and turning Gaza into a soccer field."

Haaretz

A storm erupted in the Knesset plenum yesterday, following Transport Minister Avigdor Lieberman's reported proposal to provide buses to take the Palestinian prisoners that Israel releases to a place "whence they will not return."

According to another report, Lieberman said the prisoners should be drowned in the Dead Sea and he would provide the buses to take them there.

MKs Jamal Zahalka (Balad) and Talab A-Sana and Abdelmalek Dahamsha (United Arab List) blasted Lieberman.

"How can you suggest transferring thousands of Palestinian prisoners to the Dead Sea and drowning them there?" Dahamsha asked in a debate on traffic accidents. Lieberman retorted that MK Dahamsha visited an Arab murdered in Afula by Palestinian terrorists.

Haaretz

Jerusalem, May 8, 2006 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) expresses grave concern over the inciteful statements made by Yisrael Beitenu head MK Avigdor Leiberman. In an address to the Knesset on May 4, Lieberman called for executing Arab legislators who met with Hamas leaders. He said he hoped they would meet the same fate as those who collaborated with the Nazis and who were condemned to death at the Nuremberg trials.

Source

In 2002, Lieberman declared, "I would not hesitate to send the Israeli army into all of Area A [the area of the West Bank ostensibly under Palestinian Authority control] for 48 hours. Destroy the foundation of all the authority's military infrastructure, all of the police buildings, the arsenals, all the posts of the security forces... not leave one stone on another. Destroy everything." He also suggested to the Israeli cabinet that the air force systematically bomb all the commercial centers, gas stations and banks in the occupied territories (The Independent, March 7, 2002). And, he has proposed bombing Egypt's Aswan Dam, despite that country's peace treaty with Israel since 1979. What will he propose to do to Iran?

Source

Truly disgusting, racists and fascists to which you belong, lets assume the majority of Israelis has a different opinion than you have.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join