It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have heard of the government creating laser weapons that are extrememly powerful.Could anybody message me a list of places to check out.Perhaps somebody might have pics.Really appreciate any info you can give me.

-Alias54

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
hey

here's a thing i found recently while googling
!!

its used 2 shoot rockets out of the air !!
(i have read some rumors online that Air Force 1 has a compact version on it)
as found on : news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 5-11-2006 by Spartannic]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Search for THEL (Tactical High Energy Laser). I think that is the one they are trying to bring down to the size of a semi truck.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Laser weapons have been in development in the US since the earily 1980's when Regan launched the origional SDI Program. Here's a qiuck list of some of the weapon related laser programs you can look into:

MIRCL (Mid Infer-Red Advanced Chemical Laser)
Free Electron Laser
COIL (Chemical Oxygen-Iodine Laser)
Alpha Laser (Laser weapons Sattelite)

This list plus a few minutes on Google should get you started.

Tim

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lasers are nothing 'new' and if one goes by these accounts they were being used against sattelites even in the mid late 70's!

Then there is the DIA 'artwork' ( and rumours) of the Soviet Union deploying ground based mobile lasers in Afghanistan...

Stellar

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic
hey

!!

youtube.com...

the mthel in action

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lasers are nothing 'new' and if one goes by these accounts they were being used against sattelites even in the mid late 70's!

Then there is the DIA 'artwork' ( and rumours) of the Soviet Union deploying ground based mobile lasers in Afghanistan...

Stellar

no ,they were testing since 60's . their main research was plasmoid devices for ABM mode

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by vK_man
no ,they were testing since 60's . their main research was plasmoid devices for ABM mode

Very interesting and all but i would like a peek at the source material you base this claim on. As far as i am concerned they were focusing on particle beam weapons and RF weapons with dual use Sam/ABM systems being employed as a fail safe...

Stellar

[edit on 11-11-2006 by StellarX]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Very interesting and all but i would like a peek at the source material you base this claim on. As far as i am concerned they were focusing on particle beam weapons and RF weapons with dual use Sam/ABM systems being employed as a fail safe...

Stellar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[FBIS Translated Text] The press reported in very considerable detail on the April 1993 meeting of the presidents of the USA and Russia in Vancouver. But one thing remains not entirely clear: Had Boris Yeltsin proposed to his American friend the idea of carrying out the major experiment "Doveriye" ("Trust") in the vicinity of Kwajelein Atoll, initiating a joint effort to create a global antimissile defense system. It was not until summer of that year that 21ST CENTURY SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, the well-informed journal of the American military-industrial complex, finally informed us that there had in fact been a conversation on this topic between the presidents. What did the politicians talk about? What kind of experiment is this?
For practical purposes plasma weapons have already been created in Russia. Their action is based on focusing beams of electromagnetic energy produced by laser or microwave radiation into the upper layers of the atmosphere. These beams would be able to defeat any target flying at supersonic or near-sonic speeds in the near future. A cloud of highly ionized air arises at the focus of the laser or microwave rays, at an altitude of up to 50 kilometers. Upon entering it, any object--a missile, an airplane, is deflected from its trajectory and disintegrates in response to the fantastic overloads arising due to the abrupt pressure difference between the surface and interior of the flying body. What is fundamental in this case is that the energy aimed by the terrestrial components of the plasma weapon--lasers and antennas--is concentrated not at the target itself but a little ahead of it. Rather than "incinerating" the missile or airplane, it "bumps" it out of trajectory.

Academician Ramiliy Avramenko, the chief designer of the Scientific Research Institute of Radio Instrument Making and the scientific director of the efforts to create plasma weapons in Russia, feels his brainchild--the plasmoid--to be invulnerable. Besides that, in his opinion plasma ABM weapons will not only cost several orders of magnitude less than SDI, but will also be many times simpler to create and control.

A plasmoid has a dual purpose. Such a unit can be used to "patch" ozone holes in the atmosphere, and to knock space garbage out of orbit.

According to dependable information our scientific proving ground has already conducted tests in which a projectile flying through plasma discharges was deflected from its normal trajectory and self-destructed.

Tests on a Russian plasma weapon run jointly with the USA against real targets--ballistic missiles and supersonic airplanes--were initiated by Russia's most prominent scientists--Nobel Prize recipient and creator of lasers Academician Aleksandr Prokhorov, Russian Academy of Sciences President Yuriy Osipov, and plasma researcher Academician Andrey Gaponov-Grekhov. That is the "Trust" experiment. Scientists from the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Experimental Physics at Arzamas-16, the Central Institute of Aerohydrodynamics, the Central Scientific Research Institute of Machine Building in Kaliningrad, in the Moscow vicinity, and the Scientific Research Institute of Radio Instrument Making took part in its development.
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Stellar

www.cheniere.org...

the massive shield in the diagram is a shield consisting of high energy plasma
----------------------------------------
guess the first thing to try to comprehend is that a "new" kind of electromagnetic (EM) wave has been discovered in the empty vacuum of space which, when engineered, can be an inexhaustible supply of energy in great magnitude at any place in the universe. The word "new" is in quotes because the discovery really goes back to Nikola Tesla and his discovery of what he called "radiant energy." It is also not "new" because the Russians (KGB) have been working on this technology for over 30 years and have weaponized these "new" longitudinal scalar waves to a great degree.
These are the weapons Nikita Khrushchev spoke of in January, 1960.
"By 1957-8 the Soviets had progressed to the point of a giant scalar EM accident in the Urals which exploded nearby atomic wastes, devastating the area. They had also progressed to development of great new superweapons using their new energetics - weapons to which Khrushchev referred in 1960 when he informed the Soviet Presidium of a new, fantastic weapon in development, a weapon so powerful that it could wipe out all life on earth if unrestrainedly employed.'"

www.prahlad.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aragami

Originally posted by Spartannic
hey

!!

youtube.com...

the mthel in action

wow thats cute

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

www.cheniere.org...

the massive shield in the diagram is a shield consisting of high energy plasma
----------------------------------------

Nice picture but where is the hard and fast proof in terms of operational use against opposing forces? Bearden actually provides a list detailing the historic use and testing of these weapons if you want to check that out and start building up data from public sources...

guess the first thing to try to comprehend is that a "new" kind of electromagnetic (EM) wave has been discovered in the empty vacuum of space which, when engineered, can be an inexhaustible supply of energy in great magnitude at any place in the universe. The word "new" is in quotes because the discovery really goes back to Nikola Tesla and his discovery of what he called "radiant energy." It is also not "new" because the Russians (KGB) have been working on this technology for over 30 years and have weaponized these "new" longitudinal scalar waves to a great degree.

You should look at my contributions in the science forum as i am a staunch defender of the reality of these technologies and how they have been built and operated yet prevented from reaching the stage of mass production public acceptance of reality normally entails...

These are the weapons Nikita Khrushchev spoke of in January, 1960.
"By 1957-8 the Soviets had progressed to the point of a giant scalar EM accident in the Urals which exploded nearby atomic wastes, devastating the area. They had also progressed to development of great new superweapons using their new energetics - weapons to which Khrushchev referred in 1960 when he informed the Soviet Presidium of a new, fantastic weapon in development, a weapon so powerful that it could wipe out all life on earth if unrestrainedly employed.'"

www.prahlad.org...

Good reading material and i can see that we are in agreement on a number of issues relating to high tech Russian RF/Plasma weaponry. How many of these systems are in fact deployed no one can tell for sure so we are stuck with only dealing with what we can prove and that is a national ABM shield based on conventional missiles. I actually have Bearden's books on Russian EM weaponry so i am well aware of all the claims made but it's far far harder to establish such in public forums where few are interested, informed or even aware of these matters..... Making such claims based on one or two press clippings do not generally work for me so i normally provide thirty or more.

Glad to see you managed to discover so much on your own and just wondering how well you would do in defense of what you know considering the general ignorance on these issues you will run into...

Good luck.

Stellar

top topics

join