It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kappa Sigma Question

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am a Kappa Sigma. Epsillion Gamma chapter at Louisiana Tech University. I am an allumni and have been gone from my chapter for almost 4 years now. I will tell everyone on this thread a few things. First, no matter what information you are given about our ritual, you will never fully understand it untill you take the oath and live as a Kappa Sigma. You could sit in on an initation and would still be clueless as to what our secrets really are. So brothers I ask you dont feed into this non-sense of skewed perceptions of our order.

Second, it was mentioned that our star was upside down and that has a connection with devil worship. That is untrue all of our founders were Christians which can be heard in the first words you learn as Kappa Sigma, the Star and Cresent: "The star and cresent should not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worth to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal yet humble... an intelligent man... a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, ABOVE ALL ELSE, ONE WHO WALKS IN THE LIGHT OF GOD." This oath is common knowledge and can be found anywhere. That is what our fraternity is about.

Many boys join our order and we cant weed all of them out, but eventually they realize they are not man enough to wear the badge. Knowing the ritual does not make you a Kappa Sigma. Taking the oath and living by the Star and Cresent makes you part of a life long brotherhood and a thriving society that was founded well over 600 years ago. You really will never know that true meaning of being a Kappa Sigma.

Brother Kirk Fabre
Epsillion Gamma chapter
Initiated Dec 12, 2003

PS If you dont call your country a "#" then stop calling my fraternity a "frat"

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
For all of you wondering why people join Kappa Sigma, here is your answer. To be part of something more than yourself.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rotarychris7

By the way that isnt even what it means at all tool. quit talking about our #

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Kappa Sigma Ritual Book Leaked this morning!
rapidshare.com...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randomsidekick

AEKDB, wow if you were a brother you would have known the correct words! becauase is NOT what it means!

A~B

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

That doesn't even make sense AEKDB should stand for the letters that are shown. The first word should start with an A and so on.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm a Lambda Chi Alpha, and on behalf of Kappa Sig and other fraternities, I agree with the Kappa Sigs in this thread. Look at the word 'ritual'. A fraternity initiation ceremony is simply a rite unless you take it in terms of its lasting influence on the lives of the countless people that experience it.

There's a difference between knowing what something is and actually being it. If you read Kappa Sig's ritual and regard it as a simple display of pageantry, then that's all it is. But to Kappa Sigs, it's more than that, it's the BEING that's important. Being part of the tradition that so many men have been part of before you. It's like that with my ritual, and presumably most other fraternities.

ZAX to any brother that comes across this.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I personally could care less. Its just a pointless college frat ritual. I've seen/read many of them. Let them have their "secrets."

I DO however, find it very interesting that we have a number of people who say they decry freemasonry because of its secrecy, and yet those people are not in here expressing outrage at all these college frats keeping their secrets.
What gives? Seems very inconsistent...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
To the gentleman who claimed that fraternities don't provide good, positive experiences:

How can you even make that assumption? You obviously were not Greek and have no grounds for your claim. I have been on both ends (GDI my first semester, and pledge and initiated in Kappa Sigma the following semester) and can tell you that a fraternity, if utilized properly, provides lifelong friendships and bonds that cannot be found in dorms or apartments. In just two years, I have had the opportunity to balance budgets and account for my chapter (essentially a small business) as the treasurer. In fact, I continued my progression by becoming the recruitment chair. In that position I learned basic marketing and social skills. It was a job like that which prepared me for interviews for my summer internship. This semester I even served as the interfraternity director of recruitment, which has trained me in the areas of organization, seminars, and accountability for Greek life and my university.

I could continue, but I won't waste your time since you obviously have no interest in forming a reasonable and informed opinion.

To all the Brothers out there,

A.E.K.D.B,

Andrew Maness #1482
Gamma-Chi (Kansas State)
Initiated November 9, 2006

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
"Magister ad Vitam".."Kirjath Sepher"

PISTOTHS = fidelity..the brightest jewel of Kappa Sigma
DIKH - Justice..the step upon we should all base our actions
ALHQEIA - Truth
KARTERIA - Perseverance

CRHMATA KAI DUNAMIS - Wealth and Power

CADMUS..

AEKDB: "Adelphoi En Kardia Dios Bous"

Initiation starts..:

"I (candidates name), of my own free will and accord, in the presence of Almighty God and these assembled witnesses, do hereby and hereon, most solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, that I will always conceal and never reveal any parts, point or points, of the Initiatory or other secrets of this, the Kappa Sigma Fraternity, which I have received, am about to receive, or may hereafter be instructed in, to any person or persons in the known world, except to true and lawful Kappa Sigmas, to whom such secrets rightfully belong"

..and thats the just part of it.

I personally really like the part that says..

"..That I will not assist at Initiation or Pledging of a boy under fourteen, an atheist, or a fool, I knowing him to be such"

Honestly, Kappa Sig's ritual is very Christian value based and VERY SIMILAR to that of Masonry and Masonic rituals..very very very similar..infact, almost the whole initiation pledge seems to be copy and pasted from a masonic ritual with a few tweaks. Not surprising though....though it means nothing to me and means everything to those in it. I personally find rituals really really interesting and like reading about them.

---if anyone is wondering, I actually have a copy of the ritual book with blanks filled in..and I am not in KS, I am actually in a Sorority.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

What kind of wanker says that sports will contribute to future life skills, but joining a Frat won't?!?! I was in a local Frat (KAT) that went ΚΣ about the time I had to drop out of college for financial reasons (married, bills, idiot now ex wife spent too much money). I was an integral part of that local fraternity, and am still bound to many of those members.

I learned a lot from my time spent with Fraternity brothers. There are many more life lessons to be learned from a College Fraternity than there is from a college football team.

One of the greatest things that can be learned is HOW TO KEEP A FREAKING SECRET! In todays world of corporate/industrial espionaige, learning how to know 'secrets' and hold them tightly is a VERY important life lesson. I have gone on in my career and done quite well for myself. I have interviewed some frat boys fresh out of college (I am only 34 now) and asked if they were in frats....depending on hoe they asnswer some questions speaks volumes about their character. Some have spilled their fraternal secrets in the middle of an interview. They did not get the job. Simply because I couldn't trust them.

There is alot to be said for frats, not all are good, that is for sure. But the basic premise is good. There were times in my chapter (local frat) that I actually paid dues for a brother to ensure that he could stay in. Brotherhood can run deep if you are in it for the right reasons.

I am about to start back to college to change my career direction completely - who knows, maybe I'll end up somewhere that a chapter will take an old guy in and I can finally finish up with ΚΣ and become a brother! HA!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well as a member of a fraternity, and an entered apprentice mason, I believe the best discussions on this matter have been completed. 'Let them have their secrets', thats how I felt before I became a fraternity member; before I became and entered apprentice. The secrets these organizations hold are no more threatening than you telling a secret to your best friend. Speaking of secrets, have you ever told someone a secret, a true friend? If you have you would understand that the secret is simply a bond, not a resolute "I'll kill you if you divulge it......" The point is, whether you like to be social or have friends or whatever, do it and enjoy it. If you enjoy being apart of a group, a brotherhood, do it. I guarantee that the Kappa Sigma Fraternity stands for good and will guide a young man through life with their many ideals and the members' wisdom. I personally can think of no better way to grow and mature other than being apart of a group who has no problem helping and teaching other members how to handle situations, avoid costly situations, grow, and handle tasks others have handled. Is this not the same ideals we learn from our parents, family, friends, and teachers, preachers, etc. Why is their so much bad willing against fraternal organizations? They simply apply the best tool for teaching, growing and learning to a more INTERESTED group of men(and women) who are willing to seek out those truths and gain the wisdom and understanding needed to live in this world. Yes, more interested, as it is statistically proven that those who are apart of greek organizations tend to have higher gpa's than average; be involved more on campus; hold more leadership roles as undergrads; and in the end are often placed in better job positions. Are these bad things? NO. Then stop pointing your fingers at the problems and parts and rituals which you obviously do not, and probably will not ever understand!

A.E.K.D.B
JRA
Epsilon-Gamma
LA Tech University

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A complete copy of The Secret Ritual of Kappa Sigma, with all blanks and ****s filled in, can be found on wikileaks with minimal effort.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

First off what you stated is wrong about what AEKDB stands for. Second all of you people who really want to know are probably someone who got cut or quit because you couldn't take it. Doesn't mean your a bad person just means you don't have it in you to become a man that has that certain drive. So all you clowns keep trying to figure it out it's amusing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join