It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kappa Sigma Question

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by abbott360

Yes because YouTube is a site of fact. [/sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrobbOM
Anybody that would reveal the secrets of the Kappa Sigma ritual never deserved to be a brother. I am the treasurer of my omicron mu chapter at the present time, and if you think that your dues are just paying for friends, then your treasurer sucked. The position does not exist just to count money. Every single member should know exactly where his dues are going. It pays for your liability insurance, and for your chapter to be assessed and represented at the leadership or conclave functions yearly. Our dues are very low, so we send off 60% of all of our dues straight to nationals, but I make sure to let the chapter know where the money they give me is going.

Kappa Sigma is supposed to recruit people with the potential to become good men, and help them build leadership and social skills. Basically, it's a safe haven for boys to become men with proper guidance. If your chapter is not doing this, it's no reason to be disgruntled, it's a reason to take up leadership positions and make the chapter better. If your chapter is a bunch of assholes that only want to party and bang sorority girls, and you understand that, you have an obligation to change your chapter for the better. This is what being a man is all about. It's going into life with a respect for obligations, and not being afraid to call people out who ignore their own.

Any person who leaves their chapter without understanding and fulfilling their obligations learned nothing worthwhile and wasted their money.

I agree that KS is supposed to recruit people with the potential to be great men and leaders, but sadly this isn't the case anymore. Sadly, the fraternity has been transformed into something that is only concerned with making money and recruiting every guy who is able to breathe. A lot of my friends are members of KS and are always complaining of how their nationals wont do anything to help them and only wants the to focus on how many and not what kind of character are those recruited. They say all that nationals is good for is sending them fines and for ruining what was once a great fraternity. As i'm not a member myself, I can't vouch for any of the claims to be valid or not but I hope one of the brothers on here can shed some light on it

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by samuraiaku

I agree with what your friend says. Too many chapters today are concerned with quantity instead of quality. Nationals does pile the fees onto the local Chapters and as a former Chapter Treasurer it was a bit overwhelming to keep up a good bank account with all of their demands.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Big O

Hey, I do not know how long this post has been up, but I was initiated into Kappa Sigma on Saturday Nov 5th of 2011. I, unlike most losers here, didnt go searching online for the meaning of AEKDB. and although you all can say it all you want as well as "Roakus" and perhaps even the grip, you still are only on the doorstep to the secrets and meaning of Ritual and Tradition found within the fraternity. Apparently these guys who "claim" to be disgruntled ex-brothers didn't ever pay attention to the oaths they took initially. My chapter is small. We all work jobs. Most of us are broke much of the time after paying dues (which really arent very much). But we have a bond of brotherhood that is unlike that of which I have experienced before. I read all 15 pages of this and though you have succeeded in revealing some symbolisms, you are missing huge portions that you will never discover unless you were a brother. If I can recall correctly two days ago, we are all bound by life, for life, to keep these secrets. How about we stick to that promise?
AEKDB
"Not for a day, or an hour, or a college term only- but for life"

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

AEKDB = "Brothers in heart throughout life"

I guess that that only applies if you're paying your dues and toeing the line.

Lolz so true

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KeptSecrets

I hope you sadly don't believe that, Kappa Sigma is just another club. You make it out to be something amazing and great. It is nothing more than a club. You think it is secret or some oath that makes it amazing. No, it's not at all. I can easily google your secrets and your brothers don't respect the oath whatsoever. An oath easily made and easily broken. Haha, I can't believe you believe that. You'll say, you just won't ever understand, but I do you are alone, so you joined a club. You thought that would make you a "better man," hahahahahahhahahha. Wait till you get outside of college in the real world.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

He has all the right to do so my friend. They expelled him, so he has no loyalty to them, and they have none to him. I am glad he stepped forward and did so. He had the strength to reveal information, that everyone should know.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalfon

Actually, if you take the time to do a little research on kappa sigma, you will find out that Kappa Sigma is no longer a member of the NIC

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by samuraiaku

Originally posted by BrobbOM
Anybody that would reveal the secrets of the Kappa Sigma ritual never deserved to be a brother. I am the treasurer of my omicron mu chapter at the present time, and if you think that your dues are just paying for friends, then your treasurer sucked. The position does not exist just to count money. Every single member should know exactly where his dues are going. It pays for your liability insurance, and for your chapter to be assessed and represented at the leadership or conclave functions yearly. Our dues are very low, so we send off 60% of all of our dues straight to nationals, but I make sure to let the chapter know where the money they give me is going.

Kappa Sigma is supposed to recruit people with the potential to become good men, and help them build leadership and social skills. Basically, it's a safe haven for boys to become men with proper guidance. If your chapter is not doing this, it's no reason to be disgruntled, it's a reason to take up leadership positions and make the chapter better. If your chapter is a bunch of assholes that only want to party and bang sorority girls, and you understand that, you have an obligation to change your chapter for the better. This is what being a man is all about. It's going into life with a respect for obligations, and not being afraid to call people out who ignore their own.

Any person who leaves their chapter without understanding and fulfilling their obligations learned nothing worthwhile and wasted their money.

I agree that KS is supposed to recruit people with the potential to be great men and leaders, but sadly this isn't the case anymore. Sadly, the fraternity has been transformed into something that is only concerned with making money and recruiting every guy who is able to breathe. A lot of my friends are members of KS and are always complaining of how their nationals wont do anything to help them and only wants the to focus on how many and not what kind of character are those recruited. They say all that nationals is good for is sending them fines and for ruining what was once a great fraternity. As i'm not a member myself, I can't vouch for any of the claims to be valid or not but I hope one of the brothers on here can shed some light on it

It really all depends on where you go. I have visited several chapters that still recruit with the noble principles of our beloved brotherhood in mind. As far as I know, my own chapter still does so. But I know what you mean. I have also seen some chapters that are just another frat--literally handing out bids and initiating anyone who has half a brain.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's always a sad day to see a Chapter fall due to the poor decisions of the new members. My Chapter just went under because the newer members thought it better to continually party instead of doing the right thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

That image would make an awesome roulette wheel

(post by sakata removed for a manners violation)
(post by sakata removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
your response was perfect. especially considering it's 4 years later i'm reading this and it's even more applicable. so many young men today simply don't get it....what it really means to believe in something bigger than themselves. to know the enormous benefits you receive not just economically, but socially and spiritually... you call it a club because you don't understand what brotherhood truly is. to have shared experiences with a group of people who start out as individuals and strangers and through those experiences, not always easy...and sometimes downright awful, have come out on the other side a part of something not everyone can claim. whatever the reason, by choice or by chance or lack of ability. it doesn't matter your cause. you get out of it what you're willing to put into it. i'm not a ks, but it makes no difference. my days of pledging a fraternity were interrupted because of an old stop-loss clause. and instead my brotherhood became the men i served alongside as an infantry medic in the army. I was brought to this site from a story about a new member they accepted who's 70. you think those guys at that house aren't gonna get invaluable lessons about life from him? too often learned too late to do anything with because they're learned by your own mistakes. you mock an oath and claim secrets are nothing because you've read them on a thread somewhere. that's as ridiculous as claiming reading a book on pregnancy could somehow give a man true understanding of childbirth... if that's your definition of having real and true knowledge on a subject. you've missed out on the biggest secret there is...and that's a damn shame. p.s. i almost forgot to mention i've been in the real world for years, and i can honestly say..nobody is gonna give you an invaluable reference or even a starting shot at your new career like someone you call brother. a reply to: Secretopener123

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join